I've been under a rock. ? on the Disney club.

ppony

Artist in residence
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
Nope, nothin in the noggin. (sorry, couldn't help that one) ;)

Forgive me since this I'm sure has been exhausted already! But I tried a search...got nothin. Tried going back to mid March...nothin again.

I heard but never got a notice via e-mail or mail that the Disney club is soon, not to be? Is this true? Are there any things it's being replaced by? Details...details???? I'm bummed! It's saved me SO much in purchases and I was hoping to get the discount for our Dec. Trip. Guess not?

:( :( :(

The Disney Club is no longer. Those who have current cards will have benefits through the expiration date or through 12/31 of this year, whichever is earlier. No new memberships are being taken.

Disney is now promoting their VISA card as a way to earn rewards towards Disney vacation purchases.

No new Memberships are not being taken. But if you are still a current Member you can call up and they will renew your membership to the end of 2003 at a prorated deal. My membership ended in June and have a July Trip I called them to see if I could get the discounts and they told me about that option. of extending my membership.

>>Disney is now promoting their VISA card as a way to earn rewards towards Disney vacation purchases.<<

Which to say the least is a poor, poor substitute for the benefits historically provided by either the Magic Kingdom Club or the Disney Club.

I don't want another stinkin credit card!!!! We're so maxed out now anyway, I doubt we'd even get one! PEW!:mad:

Oh well. I'm gonna DEFINATELY call to get extended through the rest of the year. Thanks for the tips!

I'm sad. :(

Sounds like crackpot marketing is at it again!

Thanks for not being mad I missed the info and filling me in.

ppony
I'm with you!!

very disappointed about the end of the Club. We have the DisneyVisa and my only hope is that the point collecting will amount to something eventually. Right now, it's pretty slow going.....
What was confusing was how Disney marketed the VISA with slippets of verbiage that sounded very much like the Club perks. Threads a few months ago were very informative as to how purchasing another credit card may negatively impact you if you had certain financial situations...Pixie Dust wasn't going to make those go away.....I'm sure some folks got into a bind thinking this was part of a "club", instead of a credit card.

Oh well--maybe I'm on "pixie dust", but I'm hoping the VISA will let us use a 10% discount at some point. That particular perk of the DC was one we used all the time.

WDW in 2004
Dollywood in 2003
:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter