I've been spoiled by the Fort, need help with Hershey Park

Disney Fan Katt

My son and Disney Dog
We are absolutely in love with camping at Ft. Wilderness and are afraid to try new campgrounds without suggestions from our Disboard cohorts. Does anyone have any insight as to where to camp in the Hershey, PA area?

Only one more year until we are back at Disney to camp. I am counting the days.

We are absolutely in love with camping at Ft. Wilderness and are afraid to try new campgrounds without suggestions from our Disboard cohorts. Does anyone have any insight as to where to camp in the Hershey, PA area?

Only one more year until we are back at Disney to camp. I am counting the days.

We have gone to Hershey Park a few times over the years and have always just stayed at the campground there at Hersheys. It's so convenient to just take a tram/bus (can't remember which) across the road to the park. :goodvibes

The campground for Hershey Park is Highmeadows a short ride from the park, they do offer a shuttle bus to the park. it's a nice place( not the Fort), some sites are close together, I would ask for the ones near the stream. Oh and lots of folks complain about the noise from the freight trains, yes they are loud and often but I'm a train guy so they do not bother me.
There is also a few KOA that are a short drive away you might wany to check out also.

We stayed at Hershey Highmeadow in our pop up. We had a site unfortunately up on a hill that was near the train tracks (cabins were below us). It was very loud and shook when a train would go by. The site was small.

If we had been placed anywhere else maybe I would want to go back but if we were to camp there again (we won't as IL's only live 10 minutes away) I would try the KOA instead. The only benefit I saw to the Hershey campground was the shuttle bus to the park but we wouldn't use it because it is too hard to bring a much needed stroller on it.

Thank you so much! I knew I could get the information that I needed for this trip. In fact, after reading your replies, we have decided to go to Colonial Williamsburg instead. Part of our vacation experience is more about getting away and enjoying our campground/resort and not about the actual theme park.

Now if I can only decide between American Heritage and the KOA down there.

I just love the Disboards!

Thank you so much! I knew I could get the information that I needed for this trip. In fact, after reading your replies, we have decided to go to Colonial Williamsburg instead. Part of our vacation experience is more about getting away and enjoying our campground/resort and not about the actual theme park.

Now if I can only decide between American Heritage and the KOA down there.

I just love the Disboards!

We live about an hour from Colonial Williamsburg and have stayed at both the KOA and American Heritage. I recommend American Heritage over the KOA. We just thought it was a little bit better kept up.

Thank you! We booked American Heritage.

I was also able to convince my husband to drive back down to Fort Widerness next April for a week. I am more excited about that.

I have posted a mini trip report on my stay at Hershey highmeadow last year. I will attach the thread for you later. I am not sure how to attach threads using the mobile app. I really enjoyed my stay at Hershey and I am returning in Aug 2013.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter