I've Been Robbed! (long vent)

NYMEDIC

Mouseketeer
Yesterday evening my DW called to say she thought she through out some money with the trash, to the tune of $500. Well, with her wonderful timing, I was in a meeting and I could not react the way I would normally would. ;)

Fast forward 4 hours to when I get home for work and I the wonderful husband that I am :teeth: decide to go dumpster diving. Yes, that is correct, a grown man jumping into a dumpster filled with lots of trash looking for the cash.

We find our bags and no cash. OK I had 4 hours and 1 dumpster diving session and decide that if anything my DW has learned a lesson. We return to the condo and I go to put my change in my jar. The jar is empty so I ask my wife if she rolled it for me and she just laughed. It must be the wife thing. I then noticed my watch was missing and a digital camera. I immediately called the police and in the end we found about $1600 worth of goods missing.

The police here were great. Crime scene and the detectives came and this morning we received a call and they think they have a lead. Apparently, the brainiac tried to pawn some of our stuff.

However, what really gets me is the way the ins. company is trying to make it as if I am the criminal. The tone was if they didn't believe we were robbed. They were more concerned with how many claims we have ever submitted, this is our first.

I now have to invest in a security system and try to replace everything that is missing. What a headache! But we are lucky that no one was injured.

Thank you for letting me vent.

Gosh! So the money that your wife thought was thrown out was actually stolen? I am sorry that this has happened to you. Was it while everyone was out?

The same thing happened to us about 6 yrs ago. I had cleaned our bedroom spotless, well I came home from work and the desk was messed up and there was dirt on the carpet I called DH at work to fuss at him and he said he had not been out the Broom door at all I started checking things out. and low and behold we had be robbed by neat robbers(they did not make much mess). We never got anything back! MY DH had been collecting old money for 20 yrs or more all gone. I guess thats Life today makes ya said don't it!

Not fun, and I can't even imagine. I don't know how safe I would feel at home after that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter