I've been a lurker for quite some time...

NightnDay

Earning My Ears
...and I decided I think it's about time I introduce myself and start joining in on all of the helpful conversation. Everyone here seems so nice, and all of the information I have found on here has been extremely helpful to me! My fiance and I are going to be married at the Boardwalk Resort on October 29th of this year, and we're so incredibly excited! We have decided on just about everything from the kind of flowers to our officiant and our cake filling. The only thing we can't figure out is where we're going to stay. We went to Disney World August 22nd to the 28th of 2006, and decided that we just had to get married there. We stayed at the Port Orleans French Quarter, but we were thinking of doing either Riverside or Coronado Springs this time around. We're leaning more towards Coronado, but I didn't want to make any adjustments to our plans until I heard it from others if this was a nice resort or if we should stay somewhere else. Anyway, it was nice to be able to finally post and I hope I can be helpful to others as well :)

Congratulations!!! You seem on the ball! Hope to hear all about your plans!!

Congrats and welcome....I have never stayed at either of those resorts so can't give you any advise there but im sure someone on this board can:)

Welcome! We are so glad to have you here! Please let us know what we can do to help! Chances are we can help answer almost any of your questions! I look forward to hearing more about your plans!

Welcome and congradulations. :goodvibes We stayed at the POR and loved it. The boat to DTD was very nice. They have horse buggy rides there to. We had a water view. Where ever you stay I am sure you will have a great time.:dance3:

Congratulations:cheer2:

The boardwalk is a beautiful place to get married (I was married there myself, so im a little bias). Hopefully sometime within the next week or two my photos will start working again and you can check out my TR for photos of the Boardwalk.

Cant wait to hear all about your planning:woohoo:

From my own resort research, it sounds like Coronado Springs is the nicest of the Moderates because it is very popular with conventioneers. I believe it's the only Moderate with a table service restaurant. However some people have said the theming is not as great as at other resorts.

Port Orleans Riverside is a big favorite because of its gorgeous theming, which is similar to what you saw at Port Orleans French Quarter. Both resorts are much bigger than French Quarter, though, so there may be longer walks to rooms, longer waits for buses, etc.

A great resource is the Resorts Board. You could even post a new thread asking for comparisons of the two - I'll bet you get a lot of ideas! :)

http://disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12

First and foremost CONGRATS!!!!!

As to your dilemia about where to stay. I have stayed at POR, and it was nice. I have never stayed at CS. One thing you might want to take into consideration is the location on property. I know that POR is closer to the Magic Kingdom, but it is not as centrally located as CS to the other parks. I believe that the CS is closer to your wedding site. Hope this helps, it is just a thought.

Yeah for another October bride! I'm partial to POFQ, I like how small it is. When we were there we went to POR a few times and it definitely seemed very nice. You could to the horse and carraige ride there, very romantic!!

Welcome! I have never stayed at PO but I loved CSR! It was so beautiful and relaxing. Its really gorgeous at night as well -- with all the lights from the buildings reflecting off the water - just stunning! We also enjoyed the fact that it seemed really peaceful due to it seemg like there were less children around than other resorts we'd stayed at. I guess its due to being a style that doesn't really appeal to many kids.

DF and i just stayed at Coronado Springs this past weekend...it was our first visit there, and while it was nice, it was definitely not as "themed" as other Disney resorts. THere was a HUGE convention going on (as in over 3,000 people were checking in on Saturday) so it was crowded. The buildings and water are very pretty, and the rooms are average (pretty much the same size as the value resort rooms, with nicer decoration). Never stayed at POR so I can't give any input on that.

My point is: CSR is nice, but doesn't have as much of that Disney vibe that I find at the other resorts. Hope this helps!

First of all, Congratulations and welcome!! :cheer2:

I've stayed at both and have to say I'm partial to POR. My DH2B and I had one of my favorite memories from our last trip at POR. We went for a walk along the river one afternoon and it was so nice and peaceful! We liked CSR as well but POR just seemed more secluded. Although I don't think you could go wrong with either! We stayed in the Ranchos section at CSR (I liked the themeing of the rooms) and we've stayed at Alligator Bayou and the Mansions at Riverside (I love both but AB has more of a Wilderness Lodge feel to it). My DH2B enjoyed POR more as well but is willing to stay at CSR again someday (if I can get him away from the Poly now :rolleyes: ).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter