It's The Port Orleans FAQ Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the great pics pixie dust 112... ahhh, the memories...
sad06.gif

thanks for the pix-- stayed in Magnolia and am doing it again in 4+ months....counting the SECONDS :goodvibes

I am a little confused. There are delux rooms at POR? I thought that was the king room, but I just read a delux has queen beds? We booked a water view, will that be a delux room?

I am a little confused. There are delux rooms at POR? I thought that was the king room, but I just read a delux has queen beds? We booked a water view, will that be a delux room?

When we were discussing deluxw rooms, we meant rooms at deluxe resorts. They have queen beds. A waterview room is a room that looks out on a pool or a body of water.

i have a quick quesstion regarding POR and disney's DME.....im going in august with my BF and surprising him....he thinks we are staying at POP but i upgraded us to POR, since we are arriving late at night we are going to collect our luggage and carry it on with us onto the DME bus, I reallllly want to hide where we are staying until the last possible minute, when i check in at DME would it be possible to have him standing off to the side with our luggage while i check in and find out which bus to get onto? im sure when we get on the bus that they will say what the stops are and the gig will be up, but does anyone know if ill be able to do that? :confused3

Sorry to ruin your surprise, but......I think the gig will be up as soon as you put the yellow ME tags on your luggage at home-- we are going to POR in 13 days, and our yellow tickets clearly say "port of orleans, riverside" on them......maybe he won't notice. ;)

Sorry to ruin your surprise, but......I think the gig will be up as soon as you put the yellow ME tags on your luggage at home-- we are going to POR in 13 days, and our yellow tickets clearly say "port of orleans, riverside" on them......maybe he won't notice. ;)

The yellow tags are not needed if they are not using the Disney luggage transport..

Have him get the luggage while you get your tickets for the bus..

thanks for your help, i figured maybe if i can atleast to get him to the bus line it will be a good surprise?:confused3 and if im lucky i can cause him enouugh confusion with the lugguage he wont notice the bus line signs ( it will be late and we will be at work all day and i plan to talk his ear off on the flight down to distract him from everything haha so heres to hoping) so i have ANOTHER question..... sorrryyy! :scared: im thinking of doing a carriage ride, and also the searaycers when we are down there. i know we have to make reservations for both...my question is can i make those before we get down there? or do i do that when we arrive in wdw? i never have done any sort of extra stuff like this before and i have never planned a disney vaca before :scared1: (always went with the parents so i just woke up and was told where we were going!) im having fun but didnt realize how much went into it! im so glad to have found this board and this thread and thanks so so so much in advance!!!!!!:cool1:

...im thinking of doing a carriage ride, and also the searaycers when we are down there. i know we have to make reservations for both...my question is can i make those before we get down there? or do i do that when we arrive in wdw? ...

For the carriage ride you can book in advance by calling 407-WDW-PLAY (939-7529) or if you prefer, you can reserve same day by calling 407-824-2832. I can't remember if you can reserve the sea raycers in advance but 407-WDW-PLAY (939-7529) should be able to help you. If not, you could call the resort directly at 407-934-6000. We rented either a canoe or kayak (or both, I really don't remember :confused3 ) just by walking up to the marina. :surfweb:

I have a question about the POR to DTD boats. Do they make you collapse/breakdown strollers to ride the boat? This is a factor is trying to decide which stroller to bring, thanks!

I have a question about the POR to DTD boats. Do they make you collapse/breakdown strollers to ride the boat? This is a factor is trying to decide which stroller to bring, thanks!

Not sure aobut the boats, but you have to collapse strollers when you ride the buses, we brought 2 umbrellas last time with locks to tie them together when needed. Also we had to collapse the strollers when we took the boat from MK to the Polynesian.

We rode the boat from POR to DTD once and although there were none riding who had strollers if I remember right there is not much space in the area by the captain for a unfolded stroller and there is not enough room in the area where the seats are. I think overall an umbrella stroller is the easiest.

just returned from POR stay with 2 Mac strollers. used the boat to DTD several times. Never needed to collapse strollers. there is room for at least 4-5 strollers up front and a couple times we had even more. Just push them up, put brake on and park them. Also road boat in years past with a double (with kiddo on heart monitor so lots to haul around) and altho I did not fold stroller then either I did wait until last to board so I could sit in handicap section and keep babies with me. no problem. If boats are crowded , you could possibly have to wait for next boat or fold I guess?

Thanks, we are REALLY leaning towards bringing the jogger since it is soooooo much easier to push. We will have a rental car, so buses are not a problem, I don't like being squished with a gazillion other people :scared: :crowded: , other than of course the rest of the vacation in line or shows, lol. We like POR because of the easy access to downtown, for those late night dinners that are inevitable, being West Coast people.

We are spending just one night at POr before our cruise, can anyone tell me which buildings are smoke-free

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter