It's the little things....

surgefest

DIS Veteran
What are some of the "little things" you enjoy on your trips to disney..... it can be anything... something you enjoy doing and you think about often while at work thinking about those disney days.... Thanks!

eating a dole whip while sitting on the bench looking up at the Swiss Family Robinson treehouse; I've already thought of a hundred others, but that's the first that comes to mind.

What are some of the "little things" you enjoy on your trips to disney..... it can be anything... something you enjoy doing and you think about often while at work thinking about those disney days.... Thanks!

Me? Getting a good look at the Castle, letting it "sink". It creates a memory that stays with me a long time so, whenever I think of Disney, I remember that view.

For example:

Regards,

Luis

Last edited:
My husband and I share a Mickey ice cream bar - just like on our first trip in 1986. A few trips ago, we found a Precious Moments Figurine (at the Contemporary Resort, I think) that has a boy and girl with "ears" sitting and sharing the same kind of ice cream treat - What a great memory!

Sitting on the "beach" at the Wilderness Lodge, watching the Electrical Water Pageant. My entire family makes fun of me, but it's so nice to see something that hasn't been messed with too much since the opening of WDW. I recorded it a few trips ago, and watch it when I get especially "homesick" for WDW.

On my last ttrip, as we are waiting for the Wishes to start at the MK, my DFi, his mother, and I usually get a Mickey Bar (Or a frozen banana for me. :goodvibes ) and just talk. Sometimes we get so caught up in being there that we don't really get to talk. So we would talk about everything that we had done that day and what was our favorite. I can't wait to do it with him on our honeymoon. Just a few more months!

When I'm working outside here in New York in the middle of January, freezing my munchkins off, I like to daydream about sitting at the Rose and Crown, enjoying Fish and Chips.

A lot of my favorite things involve the resort I might be staying at. For example, I absolutely love the Wilderness Lodge. And on the second floor, there's a fantastic little sitting area -- never noticed by 95 percent of visitors -- where I sometimes sit and watch the coming and going of guests, read, nap...

As far as the parks, I love to watch kids play in the fountains. It's just... I don't know, so much fun to see the amount of pleasure they can derive from something so simple. Millions are spent on attractions, but they'd just as soon frolic for an hour in the water.

I love the ride on the monorail from the TTC...the first time you catch sight of the castle...sigh! :lovestruc

Oonly 2 more weeks!!! :dance3:

For me, skimming through my photo albums for this picture says it all... 1400 miles to drive through these gates...We've made it!!!
P1000433.jpg

Walking through the World Showcase after everyone is pretty much gone.

Lunch at the Cantina de San Angel...looking over the water, around the WS.

Looking around at the AK. There is just so much to see.

Trees and shrubs. Love me some landscaping.

I love sitting on a bench by MK resort boat launch, waiting for the boat, then taking the boat to the Poly :love:

I love getting off the bus at POR at the resort center, during the holidays, at night, seeing the tree walking thru the lobby, continuing the walk out the doors in the food court, across the bridge, past Old Man Island, to Magnolia Bend section and our room. I also love the same walk early in the morning to get coffee :love:

I love sitting on the patios at CRB foodcourt having a drink on a nice sunny day :love:

I love sitting on the beach at WL :love:

I love the view from BC waterview so you see Boardwalk rooms and WL end of inner courtyard so you see lake rooms :love:

I love looking at the room in Boma :love: the food is good too ;)

I really enjoy looking at the light fixtures many places at WDW, and the fantastic atmosphere in many of the restaurants :love:

I like the water transport-all of it.

I like looking for the mini frogs in Epcot(I like frogs:goodvibes )

Like smelling all the roses in Epcot.

I like walking down Main St. anytime.

I like watching those monkeys in AK.

I like watching those big white birds come to roost in the trees in the evening at AK.

Funnel cakes at EPCOT American Adventure. Then we walk down and dd gets something from France and we sit out at the little tables.

It is the only time I ever order funnel cakes, so it is a "Disney" food to me :cloud9:

I also look forward to hearing "Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas"

I have a .wav of it on my Windows sign off just to get a daily dose of Disney. I love the looks from those who aren't addicts like me and have no idea where it is from! :laughing:

I love walking from the FW bus loop to Pioneer Hall and smelling the air heavy with roses.

Corn dog bites from Casey's on Main Street is a ritual for us! We always have Flame Tree BBQ at Animal Kingdom and sit in one of the pavillons down on the water and watch the riders on Everest. Funny - somehow all our favorite memories revolve around food. Hmmmmm :goodvibes

I love just standing in the Space Mountain queue, in the dark, listening to the music, and then, when you get closer, walking past the pictures that move with you. It's weird but I've just spent so much time waiting in line for that ride that it feels strangely comfortable. I recently found the music that they play in the queue and I couldn't be happier- it takes me right back :goodvibes

also:
first checking in at the hotel and still not believing that your there

having our biggest concern be what ride we're going on next

piling on the pickles at the burger topping bars ;)

and just talking to the CMs in World Showcase. They are so happy to talk about their country and their experiences at WDW and we have really met some sweet people that we won't soon forget

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter