It's the "little things"... what's yours?

Just walking thru the gate area of Magic Kingdom and I see the Castle....my heart flutters when I see it:)

I love those pics w/ Casey. OMG so awesome!

Here's two of mine:
Seeing Walt & Mickey (statue) in MK. I always tear up. I just love that statue.
Yelling out "Stop looking at me SWAN!" every time we pass it.

Strangely enough, waiting for the bus at a Disney resort because its the last moment before you're really "on your way" to the park. That's the moment I've been waiting for.

Walking up to the gates, watching the light go green on the reader and then proceeding up and walking under the station.

Stopping and taking in main street after going through the tunnel.

Epcot's jumping fountains are just fun to watch for a bit while relaxing.

Space mountain "light tunnel"

Thanks for this thread!

The voice over the monorail saying, please stand clear of the doors (and then when he says it in Spanish- I don't know why but it cracks me up)

The carousal of progress- It was my grandpa's favorite ride. He was born in 1908 and died in 2004, so in all reality it is the story of his life. When I ride that ride, I feel like I am somehow transformed back in time to his life and am also filled with memories of when we used to go to WDW together.

The hub of MK. The Walt Statue with Mickey and the smaller statues around him. I love spending time there. People watching is amazing and I just feel like I'm watching Magic all around.

The music that plays on mainstreet. Eating icecream from a street vendor and seeing the bouquet of balloons. I don't buy the balloons, but they always look so cool all together in a bouquet.

Riding the monorail lnto Epcot and getting the mini tour through the park before it stops at the gates. I always get excited about all the things I am going to see.

A few more "little things:"

1.) the feel of the mist in all of the boat rides like POTC, Splash and Malestrom.
2.) the smell of the oranges on Soarin'
3.) ringing the bells in the queue at EE
4.) the english gardens in Epcot WS
5.) 'Ohana's

Those are the little things...and this is the one big thing:

When I step on Disney soil, I am 10 again, leaving the hustle and bustle of my stressful job/life behind. I am free to be me and wear the tiara or mickey ears! It's amazing how many adults are kids when they hear "Welcome Home." I can't wait to get back. september can't get here soon enough! Celebrating my 40th! :woohoo:

A couple that come to mind...

The feel of warm Florida sun on my face with blue skies & palm trees when you walk out of the hotel in the morning (very different from Midwest clouds from home). B-)

Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger ride. HUGE family favorite that we all love & go on multiple times during the trip. I've gotten a perfect score twice which drives DH & DS the gamers crazy. :) We always leave with smiles when we ride it.

The Apple pop, Sidral, from Mexico. SO GOOD!! Discovered it on our 1st trip & when I need a little Pixie Dust, I buy it at our local grocery store as a treat.

The Epcot Resorts-International Gateway Sign in Epcot. Even though we haven't stayed at Beach Club during the past couple years it always reminds me of the trip that turned my family into Disney Geeks & it's a sign of being "home"!

Sounds stupid, but the 3 girl opossums hanging upside down on Splash Mountain. Splash Mountain is my happy place.

Not stupid! The opossums are my favorite! On my past trip it was on Splash Mountain that I decided I'm probably going to renew my AP despite my hatred for FP+, because I just love WDW so much.

I'll add the smell of Splash Mountain once you get inside the showroom after Slippin Falls.

Going on BTMR during wishes.
Riding Splash during the Electrical parade.

Making friends on the resort busses on the last bus back from park close. You learn who the intense park goer-s are by seeing the same people every night!

Me too! I know its there, I see it coming on the monorail, but just that first view down Main Street gets be every time(even on the same visit!)

Me, too! And I love when I get to travel with first-timers to see THEIR expressions the first time they see it. My dd is now 8 and was 3 the last time we went. I think it's going to look completely new to her this time around! :)

1. Pulling on Disney property after a very long road trip. We all feel relieved and excited at the same time

2. The first time I see the Castle, more importantly the first time we watch Wishes, I think I cry every time.

3. Sharing a turkey leg

4. Going thru Epcot and having my kids ask questions about all the different cultures, we try and learn something new every time. Japan is everyone's fav...

I'm getting so excited reading other peoples responses!

For me it's...

~ Getting on the Disney bus on our first full day and hearing the voice over announce that you are on your way to Disney's Magic Kingdom.

~ Seeing the castle for the first time that trip

~ Getting to the resort, finding your room and flumping on the bed.

~ Walking around with Mickey ears.

Wishes - and particularly seeing those first white bursts arcing over the castle while watching the awe in my girls' eyes. And that line "dreams do come true".

Disney Magic - my 7 year old, who is way too smart, explaining to her little sister that there is no such thing as magic, except at Disney World. Disney Magic is real.

When my oldest girl was almost 2, she was painfully shy. When she met the princesses in toon town, we watched her just come out of her shell. She hugged them all, talked to them, laughed with them... It was amazing. They changed her.

For me, separate and apart from my memories and great times with my little family - the only time I went as a kid, I was 5. Went with my folks, younger brother and my aunt and uncle. My aunt was my best friend. She died when I was 15. I always think about her when I walk down Main Street, see the monorail or ride it through the contemporary, and stand in line at Space Mountain where she looked up and said "look, giant chocolate chip cookies". She was always excited about life, and I remember her excitement and awe on that trip. I miss her all the time, but when we're in Disney World, I think she's smiling along with us.

good thread OP. Before i saw it, I was thinking how absurd this board is and that I need to stop coming here.

We leave in 4 weeks for my youngest's first trip. She'll be 1. I can't wait to see her excitement.

for me it is standing at the top of main street looking at the castle, hasn't changed since my first trip in 1974.

Second and what has really kept me going back... the fact that once you go through the gate it doesn't matter how much money you have or don't have, if this is your one and only trip that will take a decade to pay off or your yearly pilgrimage, everyone is treated the same, pixie dust doesn't discriminate.:)

Depends where we are staying, of course.

If we stay Poly, it's that smell of the lobby. It's just amazing.

If it's AoA, it's the giant AoA sign the seeing the decorations of the buildings as we drive in and Animation Hall. That entire resort is nothing short of magical, especially to my wife and I since we are both artists.

At Magic Kingdom, it's got to be the bus or monorail intercom "We are now entering the Magic Kingdom!", walking through that archway, sitting down to eat at Casey's, and last but not least, the best little things at MK for me have to be a tie between that area in Frontierland where you can hear both the werewolf howl from the haunted house and hear the screams coming from Splash Mountain and Tomorrowland hearing the background music. It's just so peaceful. But, I could sit on a bench anywhere in Disney and enjoy an endless amount little things. I think DW could live in the Tangled Area, even though it's just bathrooms and scenery. lol.

Epcot it's definitely walking through the structures at the beginning towards the ball and seeing the fountains.

Animal Kingdom and DHS aren't really my thing. I'd say I still enjoy all the little things at those parks, as to me it's really like saying Coke isn't my thing because I like Cherrycoke. It's all awesome.

My daughter was 4, pigtails in her hair and her autograph book in hand. We were waiting to meet the princesses (Aurora, Belle, and Cinderella - in that order). She turns to look at my wife and me and tells us, "this is the best day of my life." At that moment, I made the decision to bring her back to WDW as many times as I could until she told me to stop.

That memory is burned into my memory. Much like the memories of many in this thread, I could walk back to the exact spot where that happened.

The best part is that something like that happens every trip. The little things...

I have a perfume that I call my Animal Kingdom Lodge perfume. Whenever I wear it I am transported back to our favourite place and memories of our amazing holiday. I bought it duty free on the way to Florida and wore it every day when I was there and the association has stuck. The smell of it makes me so happy, I wear it whenever I need some disney magic

We aren't Disney regulars, but just got back from our trip (this is only the 3rd time I've been there). The one things I'll remember most is watching Wishes from our Contemporary room while listening to the story on the TV. It was just a wonderful family moment, and that's really what it's all about.

Thanks for spreading the joy, everyone! I too was getting really depressed reading some of the threads on here.

I love walking into the atrium at MCO, knowing that we've arrived.

The spanish safety instructions for ToT. Don't know why; always love it.

Interacting with the Streetmosphere characters in DHS.

Hearing "Swisskapolka" on top of the Swiss Family Treehouse

Watching my sister eat the chocolate covered M&M marshmallows on a straw. The M&Ms always go flying and it looks ridiculous! But fun! :rotfl2:

The smell of my mom wearing Laila - to me it smells like Epcot

Just being with my parents in DisneyWorld knowing that someday they aren't going to be here anymore and just feeling grateful to share such wonderful memories with them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter