It's Still Disney Magic to Me! A January 2016 Trip Report (PTR included too) Complete

Catching up on your report! Sounds like you had a nice meet with Aladdin and Jasmine. We haven't met them yet so I need to make that a priority in August. Thanks for sharing your lunch at Pecos Bill's. Your lunch looks delicious, will keep it in mind for a mean at MK. You got some nice pictures of the parade. I agree with you about the parade, I love it and I don't even like parades in general. The Grand Floridian is definitely a nice spot for a break. Thanks also for the pictures of the flag retreat. We've never seen that in person so it was nice to see the pictures.

Catching up on your report! Sounds like you had a nice meet with Aladdin and Jasmine. We haven't met them yet so I need to make that a priority in August. Thanks for sharing your lunch at Pecos Bill's. Your lunch looks delicious, will keep it in mind for a mean at MK. You got some nice pictures of the parade. I agree with you about the parade, I love it and I don't even like parades in general. The Grand Floridian is definitely a nice spot for a break. Thanks also for the pictures of the flag retreat. We've never seen that in person so it was nice to see the pictures.
Thank you ursalita! :D Glad to have you onboard! :D Aladdin and Jasmine are the best and I definitely hope that you have the chance to meet them when you get down to WDW. You're very welcome for the food pics and don't worry, there will be a lot more as I love taking pictures of my food lol! If you are at the MK, Pecos Bill is definitely a great option! I love the parades, but Festival of Fantasy sets a very high bar. You're very welcome, the flag retreat is a must see and a tradition too :D. Can't wait to post more updates for you ursalita! :D

It's time to make the Magic! Visiting the Magic Kingdom 1/11/2016 Part 11
Sorry I have not updated in a while, but I have been quite busy. Anyway, after having a magical time meeting Queen Elsa and Princess Anna at Princess Fairytale Hall, I found that I still had a little over two hours until Wishes, meaning I had plenty of time to visit some other attractions. I decided to visit It's a Small World, where the standby wait was 25 minutes.
IMG_0514.jpg
I did not mind, as the wait was not overly long and I was not in a rush, as I was excited to be riding "the happiest cruise that ever sailed." Thankfully, the line was moving quickly and within five minutes, I was not that far from the line leading to the loading area.
IMG_0515.jpg
About ten minutes after this point in line, I was sailing through It's A Small World. The ride was relaxing and of course, how could you not love The Sherman Brothers infamous "It's a Small World" song, with its positive and upbeat message, which is sung by animatronic children representing many different nations in our small world (pun intended) :D. After riding this classic, which is always a favorite of mine, the sun had already set and the time was close to 6:30PM.
IMG_1805.JPG

Next up, it was time to visit The Hundred Acre Wood, so I went to ride The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.
IMG_0517.jpg
The standby wait was 30 minutes, but once again, my actual wait was far less than the posted time. What's more? I love the interactive elements they added to the queue, like the fact that they put in a play area to keep the young ones entertained while they are waiting. However, about five minutes later, I was about to ride my very own honey (or hunny) pot off into The Hundred Acre Wood.
IMG_0519.jpg
After getting into my hunny pot, I finally had my chance to visit The Hundred Acre Wood. I love this ride, as I feel like you are really part of the story, with the gentle ride motions as well as the many special effects. Some of my favorites include the animatronic Winnie the Pooh characters in different sequences of the story, the undulations of the hunny pot after the rain is over, and of course, all of the music, which really brought the story together. Soon enough, my adventure in The Hundred Acre Wood was over. At this point, I decided to skip the Main Street Electrical Parade, as I would not be able to make it to the other side of the park and get a decent spot. In addition, I saw it the night before and while I love it, I decided the time would be better focused on visiting more attractions until Wishes at 8:00PM. As I was heading to Space Mountain, I first visited The Mad Tea Party.
IMG_0520.jpg
I was on in less than five minutes, despite the posted time. Once I got into my tea cup, I spun my teacup around and around. Thankfully, I did not get too dizzy and I had a lot of fun! :D My next move was to ride Space Mountain. With the time now 7:00PM, I had about an hour until Wishes. Unfortunately, the standby wait for Space Mountain was long, as it was 75 minutes. I decided to do something else and come back a little later, as I knew the wait would decrease closer to closing. Thankfully, I found that The Incredibles Super Dance Party. I had a grand time dancing to fun music like "Thriller" by Michael Jackson, "Shut Up and Dance" by Walk the Moon, and "The Cha Cha Slide." I also had the pleasure of dancing with Mr. Incredible, Mrs. Incredible, and Frozone! :D
IMG_0521.jpg IMG_0522.jpg
After kicking off my dancing shoes, my feet were pleasantly exhausted, so I decided to head over to Space Mountain to see if the wait time had decreased? Thankfully, the wait declined from 75 minutes about twenty minutes ago to a far shorter 25 minutes.
IMG_0523.jpg
Once I got in the queue, I found that it moved quickly and I was in my rocket in fifteen minutes and hurtling through the mountains of space! :D
IMG_0526.jpg
With the time being close to 7:40PM, the time for Wishes was nearing just like the way midnight neared for Cinderella, so I knew that I would have time for one more attraction. Where did I go next for my last attraction of the night before Wishes? Find out in my next installment! :D

Wow, you really are getting a lot of great attractions done - it's a small world, winnie the pooh, and mad tea party are all classic favorites!

Sounds like a good night so far, and I'm excited to see what your last attraction was before Wishes!

Wow, you really are getting a lot of great attractions done - it's a small world, winnie the pooh, and mad tea party are all classic favorites!

Sounds like a good night so far, and I'm excited to see what your last attraction was before Wishes!

Thank you Sarah! :D The time of year we went is awesome for touring, as the lines for attractions are definitely not long at all most of the time. I cannot disagree I love all of those attractions as they are definitely classic favorites like you said. It was a magical night and it only got more magical! :D Don't worry, you will find out the last attraction before Wishes shortly! :D

It's time to make the Magic! Visiting the Magic Kingdom 1/11/2016 Part 12
With about 20 minutes until Wishes, I had time to do one more attraction. Since I had not visited it yet and I was close by, I decided to ride Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, which is always fun! :D
IMG_0527.jpg
While the posted wait was ten minutes, I was very lucky to be able to walk right on and board my ride vehicle. I had an awesome time riding as I hoped to become a space ranger, but I fell below my previous record, with about 67,000 points, yielding me the status of Level 3-Planetary Pilot. Since I still had time until Wishes and there was still no wait to Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, I decided to ride again. I continued to have fun and this time, I earned 114,000 points, slightly above my previous record, but still at Level 4-Space Scout, which is not bad at all!:) After riding Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, I made my way from Tomorrowland to the hub near Cinderella's Castle, where I got a nice spot on the southeastern side of the castle, not far from the bridge connecting the central hub to Tomorrowland. As the show started, I was able to catch a glimpse of Tinkerbell flying overhead, gracing the Magic Kingdom with her pixie dust :tink:.
IMG_0537.jpg
After Tinkerbell graced the Magic Kingdom with her pixie dust, I then proceeded to enjoy Wishes again and as always, it was phenomenal, as I enjoyed the fireworks, the music, and the combination of classic Disney characters! :D
IMG_0540.jpg IMG_0542.jpg IMG_0543.jpg IMG_0544.jpg IMG_0546.jpg IMG_0547.jpg IMG_0549.jpg
After enjoying Wishes, I realized that like with anything in life, all good things must come to an end, as the Magic Kingdom was now closed for the day:(. Thankfully, I was determined to let the magic continue, as I was planning to enjoy dinner either at Trader Sam's at Disney's Polynesian Village or Gasparilla Island Grill, a tried and true counter service restaurant at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort, which I have fond memories of from my last trip :D. Where did I end up going? Find out in my next installment:).

It's time to make the Magic! Visiting the Magic Kingdom 1/11/2016 with a magical end!
After Wishes, I began to make my way to the exit. Since it was so crowded, it ended up taking a bit of time, but don't worry, I was not in too much of a rush as I wanted to enjoy the magic of being in the Magic Kingdom at night. Here is a shot looking back at the bridge leading to Tomorrowland.
IMG_0551.jpg
A short time later, I was further along my route, as I was closer to the southern portion of the hub around Cinderella's Castle.
IMG_0553.jpg
Before I knew it, I was heading southbound towards the exit down Main Street USA.
IMG_0555.jpg IMG_0558.jpg
Since Main Street USA was still gridlocked, I decided to pass the time a little bit by seeing if there was a PhotoPass photographer available. Needless to say, there was and I lined up behind a very nice family, who had moved to the Houston, TX area from Fresno, CA. We had a very nice time talking about our days at Disney, as we both were both feeling the magic from our awesome days! :D In addition, we also talked about how much lower the cost of living in Texas is compared to other states, as the father in the family stated that they got a lot more house for their money as well as much lower taxes than what they were paying in California. I agreed that Texas is a lot cheaper than California and was happy to tell them that soon enough, I would be moving to Florida with mom, as the taxes and many (but not all) facets of the cost of living are a lot lower than New York. They agreed it would be a smart move as we would be better off, just like they were. After they were done, I bid them farewell and soon had my turn to take a picture with Willie, the PhotoPass CM. He seemed slightly gruff at first, but he was actually quite friendly and we had a nice conversation about New York, as he was from The Bronx. He knew exactly where I was from, as he remembered the former Westbury Raceway, which was not that far from where I live. Sadly, he was not the best photographer, as my photos in front of the castle taken on my camera were not the best. Nevertheless, I was not fussed, as I knew I could try again and it was nice to meet Willie nevertheless :D. I continued walking through the gridlock and by slightly after 8:30PM, I was already at the front of the Magic Kingdom. Since I was unable to find a PhotoPass CM, a very nice family was happy to take my picture in front of the Magic Kingdom at night.
IMG_0561.jpg
From here, I exited the Magic Kingdom and made my way to the Resort Launch dock for Disney's Grand Floridian and Disney's Polynesian Village Resorts. My timing proved to be perfect, as a resort launch was just about to arrive. While I was waiting, I met Sarah and Rob, a couple who had just gotten engaged and were visiting from Westchester County, NY. I was happy to congratulate them and we were very happy to meet each other! :D We then boarded the resort launch, where we prepared for a relaxing ride to the Grand Floridian and Polynesian. Onboard, we chatted about our good experiences at Disney restaurants, the wonderful attractions, and even other travel related topics, like our favorite and least favorite airlines. We both liked Delta and jetBlue, they thought United was OK (I never used them, but they did), and we both agreed that Spirit was terrible, as they charge fees for everything and have little legroom. In addition, I took this picture as we sailed.
IMG_0564.jpg
I also asked them about Trader Sam's, as I was hoping to try it. They said it was great and they were lucky to try it, but they said that the wait times were high! Since this proved to be the case, I decided to go to Gasparilla Island Grill at the Grand Floridian, as I liked it a lot on my previous visit in January 2014.
IMG_0565.jpg
When the resort launch docked at the GF, I disembarked and wished Sarah and Rob a magical trip and congratulated them once again on their engagement. I then walked the Grand Floridian's well-manicured and whimsical grounds, soon finding myself at Gasparilla Island Grill once again.
IMG_0566.jpg
Once inside, I found it to be the same as the last time, as it was immaculate, cheerful, and upscale, with nice tables, plush booths in muted dark green upholstery, and mostly light green and light yellow walls making for a cheerful and upscale atmosphere.
IMG_0570.jpg
While I was planning on getting the make your own salad with grilled chicken, I noticed the special sandwich was a Cajun Salmon Sandwich, which had me hooked haha! :D At the counter, the I found the head chef and her coworkers, whose names escape me at the moment, to be very friendly and accommodating, as they were very knowledgeable about my allergies and were happy to work with me so that I could have the dish. I decided that I wanted the Cajun Salmon Sandwich, so after consulting the ingredients, the head chef was happy to make it for me, as she was able to make it with no bun and no remoulade sauce. She also wanted to make sure there was a bun I could eat, as sometimes, the Disney CS restaurants have buns that I could eat as they are egg free and gluten free, which is what I need. A case in which this was true was at Cosmic Ray's in January 2014, where they used an Ener-G bun with my Grilled Chicken Sandwich. Sadly, the head chef informed that they only had Udi's buns, which we both agreed would not work, as while they are gluten-free, they contain egg. With that in mind, the head chef decided to put the salmon on a bed of greens, which would work perfectly. In addition, I chose fries for my side. Next, I picked up a Perrier to drink and I paid, where I was assisted by Kim from Saigon, Vietnam, who was very friendly and happy to help me :D. Unfortunately, she had a little trouble with the POS (point-of-sale system), as it was not able to account for modifications, like allergies. Thankfully, her coworker, who also happened to be Vietnamese, was able to help her override the system. The price came out to about $13 in change, which may seem high at first, but would not be bad at all, as the quality was high and the portion was generous. With my meal paid for, I took a seat at one of the solo tables with a booth facing seat towards the back of the restaurant after I got utensils and condiments, like ketchup and Tabasco. I relaxed for a little bit and soon enough, a bubbly food runner delivered my food, which looked delicious!
IMG_0568.jpg
I found this dinner to be excellent, as the salmon was perfectly cooked, as it was moist and flakey, with a pleasant char on the outside as well as the piquant flavor of cajun spices. In addition, I also found that the pepper slices were sweet and crunchy and the greens the salmon was served on were crisp. What's more? I also enjoyed the French Fries, which were crispy and salty on the outside and pleasantly fluffy on the inside. After my satisfying dinner, I went to thank the chefs, as I was very grateful and they were very grateful that I enjoyed my dinner too! While we were chatting, I met another delightful CM named Kathy, who was from Birmingham, England. She wanted to know how my experience was and I was happy to tell her it was excellent, as I thought that the CMs made me feel like a high roller (even though I am far from it) and the food was absolutely delicious! Kathy was very happy and we talked about other topics, like where we were from. I told her I was from Long Island, not far from NYC. While she had not been to Long Island, she had been to NYC and loved it, as she loved the many things to do and its liveliness. In return, I told her that except for my parents going to London before my time and before they were married, I had never been to England, but that I would love to go, as it is a wonderful country and Kathy could not agree more! She also asked me if I was visiting other restaurants on my visit and I said yes, as I was visiting various other CSs and Teppan Edo and Cape May Cafe for future TSs. She said those choices were excellent and that I would love them! I told her that while I love those restaurants, I still hoped to return to Gasparilla Island Grill one day and she hoped so too. After our wonderful conversation, we wished each other a magical night and I headed to the Grand Floridian's bus stop, where I immediately boarded a Disney Springs-bound bus. By about 10:40PM, I arrived at Disney Springs. I crossed the pedestrian bridge and walked to the Buena Vista Palace, where I headed to my room. Once I got to my room, I got ready for bed, called my mom, and went to sleep at about 11:30PM, planning to sleep late as I had later FP+ reservations at Epcot. I was very happy, as I had another magical day and I was looking forward to another magical day at Epcot! :D

Last edited:

Aww, don't make us wait!! :goodvibes
Now I really need to know where you ended up. I was trying to choose where I'd like to go on my MK day, so I'm looking forward to hearing more about your choice. :thumbsup2
Sounds like you had a fabulously magical day, and I'm looking forward to hearing more about your adventures too!:surfweb:
Carla

Buzz Lightyear is a great choice for your last ride ... and it's awesome that you got to do it twice. You got some great pictures of Wishes (which is such an awesome show).
Sounds like your meal at Gasparilla Grill was the perfect way to end the night!

Aww, don't make us wait!! :goodvibes
Now I really need to know where you ended up. I was trying to choose where I'd like to go on my MK day, so I'm looking forward to hearing more about your choice. :thumbsup2
Sounds like you had a fabulously magical day, and I'm looking forward to hearing more about your adventures too!:surfweb:
Carla
Hi Carla! :D I will do my best! I should be posting more today, so stay tuned! :D The day could not have been more fabulously magical and I can't wait to post more! :D

Buzz Lightyear is a great choice for your last ride ... and it's awesome that you got to do it twice. You got some great pictures of Wishes (which is such an awesome show).
Sounds like your meal at Gasparilla Grill was the perfect way to end the night!
Thank you Sarah! :D I cannot agree more, especially when I was able to beat my previous record and it is always a lot of fun to become one of Buzz Lightyear's space rangers :D. Thank you! I absolutely agree, Wishes is an awesome show and I was lucky to get awesome pictures of it! :D Gasparilla Grill was an awesome way to end the night as the only quick-service thing about it was the speed of service, as I thought the food, service, and atmosphere were all excellent! :D If I am not mistaken, I think it is one of the Resort QS places that offer kosher meals, which is awesome! :D Can't wait to read your TR! :D

Around the World in 10 hours: Epcot 1/12/2016 Part 1
After a magical day at the Magic Kingdom and plans for a late morning start at Epcot due to the closure of Soarin,' I did not set an alarm to wake up, as I planned to sleep in on this day. Despite not setting an alarm, I awakened at 8:30AM. Since I still had plenty of time until I had to leave for Epcot and was planning on taking advantage of the Buena Vista Palace's breakfast buffet for a late breakfast before hitting the park, I first called my mom, making sure that all was well, which it was. I then brushed my teeth, washed my face, and took a hot shower. Next, I dried my hair and got dressed, finally ready to head out at about 9:15AM. I left my room, making my way to One80 Sportgrill & Bar, which was acting as the Buena Vista Palace's only full-service restaurant while the hotel is being renovated. Normally, the former Watercress Cafe acted as the hotel's breakfast and lunch restaurant, but it was closed for renovation. After heading down the stairs leading to the restaurant, this space looked familiar to me, as not much had changed from the way it looked when I was visiting the Buena Vista Palace last, which was on my fourth trip to WDW in January 2012 (I was not here in January 2014, as I stayed at the nearby Hilton). For instance, this lush and relaxing koi pond has been something that diners see overtime they enter this restaurant.
IMG_0572.jpg
As a historical note, despite being used for a few different types of restaurants, like Outback, a steakhouse (no relation to the chain)(2005 (on my first visit)-2012?) and Avu-Avu, a Polynesian restaurant (2013-?) that was the predecessor to One80, the current incarnation, the restaurant looked pretty much the same, with old but colorful and clean carpeting and knick-knacks, like a Polynesian mask (not pictured):sad1:.
IMG_0574.jpg
After crossing the walkway over the koi pond, I was greeted by Maureen, a warm and welcoming hostess. Since it was not crowded at all, I was seated immediately at a four seater table by the window :D. Before Maureen got my waiter, Jean-Pierre, I asked her if I would be able to get turkey bacon or turkey sausage, as I do not eat pork due to keeping somewhat kosher as well as avoiding high triglycerides, a health problem I previously had. Maureen said she would be happy to do that and would pass the request on to Jean-Pierre. When Jean-Pierre arrived, I found him to be very friendly, efficient, and on point. He got me orange juice and a carafe of coffee with all of the necessary accompaniments, just like I wanted, and he also told me that the kitchen preparing my turkey sausage, so I would not have to wait too long:). Now ready to eat, I went to the buffet, which was located in a room in the back and had a good selection of all the breakfast standards, like bacon, sausage, eggs, breakfast potatoes, grits, oatmeals, fresh fruit, and an omelette station.
IMG_0575.jpg
After getting a plate of breakfast potatoes and grits at the buffet to start, I headed back to my table, where Jean-Pierre could not have timed the arrival of my turkey sausage links more perfectly, as I would be able to eat all of these components together. In addition, when he asked if I wanted any other condiments, I asked him if he could please bring me some Tabasco sauce, as I don't mind to spice up my breakfast a little and he was happy to oblige :D. When I tucked into my food, I found the grits to be creamy and slightly salty, the breakfast potatoes, which were cut in almost a wedge-like fashion, to be salty, with crisp exteriors and fluffy interiors, and the turkey sausage links were tender, salty, a little smokey, and juicy. Also, I found the orange juice to be sweet, tangy, and refreshing and the coffee was pleasantly strong, making for an excellent start to my breakfast! :D
IMG_0576.jpg
While I was eating, I also relaxed, enjoying the sunlight coming on from my table adjacent to the window:smooth:.
IMG_0577.jpg
After my first plate, I got another plate of grits and breakfast potatoes. While I was back at the buffet, I chatted with a couple of the workers, who were very friendly! I asked them about what would be happening to the restaurant after the renovations were complete, as I was curious because I would definitely stay at the Buena Vista Palace again. They said that their operations would move back to the Watercress Cafe upstairs adjacent to the lobby, while the space that currently housed One80 would close once the renovations were done. Sadly, this meant that the lush and relaxing koi pond would be eliminated. While I knew that this would be a sad loss, I understood that in the end, it will be for the best as this already nice hotel will be even nicer :D. Once I got back to my table, Jean-Pierre refilled my orange juice as it was getting little low and I tucked into more grits and breakfast potatoes. He also asked me if I wanted more turkey sausage, but I told him I was fine as I was beginning to become stuffed. Done with my second plate, I decided to get some fruit, as I was about to end my meal. I enjoyed very fresh, tart, and sweet pineapple, refreshing honeydew, and sweet cantaloupe.
IMG_0579.jpg
After about 45 minutes at One80 Sportgrill & Bar, I paid my bill, which was about $25 after tax and 20% tip, which is in line with other restaurants of this type in the area. I would definitely eat at One80 Sportbar & Grill or whatever the successor of it is if I were staying at the Buena Vista Palace again, as I found the food to be delicious, the service to be excellent, and the price to be average. Now done with breakfast, I headed back to my room, where I called my mom once again to let her know that I would be going to Epcot soon. After our conversation on the phone which lasted awhile, I then gathered my belongings, ready to go to the bus stop to get the bus to Epcot. Outside, I found the weather to be warm, as it would be close to 70 degrees, so I was able to put away my vest and sweatshirt:). While I was waiting, I met a young couple, who were international students from Japan studying at a university in Minneapolis, MN. They were very nice and told me that they had not been to WDW before and that this was their first time. I asked them what interested them and they told me that they planned to mostly focus on World Showcase, but they would do some Future World attractions too. Once the bus came at about 11:00AM, we continued to converse. I told them that Soarin' was closed for refurbishment, but there was still plenty to do as I recommended Test Track, Mission Space, Soarin', Living with the Land, and The Seas With Nemo & Friends. They loved all of these recommendations and I offered to find them the MyMagic+ application for their iPhones, but I was unable to find it as their iPhone's App Store was configured to the Japanese version. They thanked me for my help and told me not to worry, as they would seek out a CM to help with that. Our time on the bus flew, as we arrived at Epcot a little before 11:30AM. After we arrived, I parted ways with the young couple from Japan and made my way through both security screenings, which went well. I had an especially fun encounter with the lady at the secondary security screening, as when she asked me where I was from, I said Long Island, NY. She cheerfully responded that she was from Coney Island, Brooklyn, and asked me if I had been there? I happily told her yes, many times, as I saw a Brooklyn Cyclones game and also visited Astroland and the surrounding areas, including a ride on the classic Cyclone roller coaster! After our wonderful conversation, I made my way towards this beautiful sight! :D
IMG_1809.jpg
On my way into Epcot, I also had this picture taken by a very nice PhotoPass CM.
IMG_0583.jpg
For my first attraction, I headed to Spaceship Earth, where I had a FP+ for 10:45AM-11:45AM.
IMG_0584.jpg
While the standby wait was 20 minutes, thanks to FP+, I was on in about 5 minutes and ready to check out how communication has evolved through time, along with awesome narration courtesy of Dame Judy Dench! :D First, we passed the cavemen, who used cave paintings in order to communicate. This was followed by the Ancient Egyptians, who used hieroglyphics recorded on papyrus in order to communicate.
IMG_1813.JPG
Where I will travel to next within history? Find out in my next installment! :D

Around the World in 10 hours: Epcot 1/12/2016 Part 2
After encountering the ways in which cavemen and the Ancient Egyptians communicated, we then went a little further into the future, where we learned how the Phoenicians, who were engaging in trade, worked toward creating the alphabet as we know it to lessen trade barriers.
IMG_1814.JPG
Time kept on slipping, slipping, slipping into the future (I could not resist the Steve Miller Band reference) and we were in Ancient Greek times, where a teacher and a student are engaging in the study of mathematics.
IMG_1817.JPG
Next, we entered Ancient Roman times, where we see how having a common language is able to unify a large empire.
IMG_1818.JPG
Sadly, Nero fiddled as Rome burned, but this laid the path for new civilizations, as evidenced by Arabic and Hebrew scholars making use of preserving recorded information.
IMG_1819.JPG IMG_1820.JPG
Sailing further into the future, I witnessed the invention of Gutenberg's Printing Press after the Protestant Reformation, which enabled information to be printed quickly.
IMG_1821.JPG
After witnessing the Renaissance in the 1300s-1700s, we fast forwarded to the late 1800s in the post-Civil War United States, where thanks to larger printing presses, newspapers became more available to the public.
IMG_1822.JPG
This was followed by film, allowing for movies.
IMG_1823.JPG
And telephones
IMG_1824.JPG
Don't forget radio!
IMG_1825.JPG
Where will Spaceship Earth take me next? Find out in the next installment! :D

Around the World in 10 hours: Epcot 1/12/2016 Part 3
After sailing through much of history on Spaceship Earth, we then headed to the 1950s, where I witnessed the invention of the electronic babysitter they call television! :rotfl2:
IMG_1827.JPG
About ten years later, we witnessed the invention of the computer, although these were large, fairly immobile machines.
IMG_1829.JPG
It was not until 1985 when Steve Jobs, the co-founder of Apple Inc., invented the personal computer as we know it. I loved Disney's tribute to him on this attraction, as they really showcase how innovative he was and how his invention of the computer as we know it changed the way we communicate. This tribute was also quite fitting as Jobs was one of Disney's largest shareholders.
IMG_1830.JPG
We then made our way back to Earth, which felt slightly exhilarating but pleasantly relaxing with the slight backwards dip to the end of the attraction.
IMG_1831.JPG
Before leaving, I filled in the questionnaire, putting in that I wanted a house near the beach, not far from the city, and that I worry most about my pets when I leave home. Spaceship Earth came up with the perfect solution, especially as far as the pets, as they would be cared for by robots, who would feed them and watch them :D. After a fun and enriching ride on Spaceship Earth, I then made my way to Test Track, as I had a FP+ for Test Track from 11:50AM-12:50PM. On my way to Test Track, I basked in the sunny skies and warm temperatures right by this fountain.
IMG_0585.jpg
After passing this fountain, I then arrived at Test Track by Chevrolet, where I was ready to put my pedal to the metal as a human crash test dummy! :rotfl2:
IMG_0586.jpg
I walked right in, where I went to the Chevrolet Design Studio, with the goal of designing a car that emphasized good handling and a lot of power, as I am into sporty cars :D.
IMG_0588.jpg IMG_0590.jpg
As you can see above, I messed up the styling above, as I made the front end short and the rear end long, so it is not the most balanced looking car sadly. However, I decided to leave it as it was because my car got very good to excellent scores in the areas measured, especially power and responsiveness, which were just the attributes I wanted in my car. Anyway, after designing my car, I headed inside, where I got a glimpse of a regular gas engine versus a turbocharged engine. Observe how the turbocharged engine is smaller, but it allows the same amount or more power than in a regular gas engine depending upon how it is configured. Personally, I like the fact that turbocharged engines allow for greater fuel efficiency and more power in some cases, however, I feel like because there are more components in the engine, more can go wrong from a reliability standpoint.
IMG_0591.jpg
In line, I met a lovely couple in their 60s visiting from Indiana. They were visiting for their anniversary and I was happy to congratulate them. In line, we talked about where we were from. I mentioned how I had never been to Indiana, but would not mind going, as I heard it is a very nice place to visit. They told me they had been to New York City, which is not that far from where I loved and they loved it. In addition, since it was relevant to the ride, we also talked about our cars, as we were both into cars. I asked them what they drove, and they said they had a Chevrolet Impala and a Toyota RAV4, which they both loved as they thought both cars were practical and worked well. They asked me what I had and I told them I had a 2010 Mercedes-Benz C3004MATIC, which I got used thanks to the fact that my dad is an auto salesman at a Mercedes-Benz dealer near where I live. While I was supposed to get a new 2012 Ford Fusion Sport, which was a wonderful car, the dealership, which my dad pressed me to choose due to their much lower than average price despite a more reputable Ford dealership wanting our business, ended up pulling a bait and switch on us at the last minute, so we did not buy from them. The timing was perfect, as the couple, who were the previous and only owners of the car, traded in my current car the same day we got baited and switched. Thanks to the fact that there was no markup on the car, I ended up with a slightly used C-Class for less than a new Ford in May 2012. While I felt the C was a bit ostentauous at first, I love my car and I look forward to many happy years of driving with it! :D Anyway, I soon got in the car with the older couple and we were on our way to being mock-crash test dummies! :D After our thrilling ride, I found that despite my car's oddball design, my car finished second overall in the measures, which was quite respectable. After riding Test Track, I then visited the showroom following the attraction, as I was in the mood to see more beautiful automobiles to my auto-geek side. Do I drive home in a new Disney er Chevrolet souvenir? Find out soon! :D

Sounds like you had a great breakfast experience!

Thank you for sharing so many pictures from Spaceship Earth ... it's almost like going through the attraction!

Sounds like you had a great breakfast experience!

Thank you for sharing so many pictures from Spaceship Earth ... it's almost like going through the attraction!
Thank you Sarah! I could not have asked for a better breakfast and hey, I wouldn't mind having this kind of breakfast everyday! :D You're welcome! I am thankful that my iPhone was able to take good pics without the flash, which was pretty amazing! :D

Around the World in 10 hours: Epcot 1/12/2016 Part 4
After riding Spaceship Earth and Test Track, I was about to enjoy some time in the Chevrolet exhibit adjoining Test Track. However, a beautiful and striking red Chevrolet Corvette C7 Stingray with two black thick stripes down the hood on the showroom floor stopped me in my tracks. On the floor, I was greeted by Taylor from Palm Beach Gardens, FL, a very welcoming CM. When I noticed that she was from Palm Beach Gardens, FL, I could not help but talk about South Florida, as she was from the area and I love the area and know it well. Taylor told me how she loved the area, as it was nice, quiet, and peaceful suburban area, but it was not too far from anything at all. I also told her that I know Palm Beach Gardens a little bit, as I have been to The Gardens Mall, which is a very nice mall and she agreed! Also, one of my college friends is from the area and mentioned that in order to avoid tolls driving to WDW, she uses Interstate 95 northbound to FL-528 (Beachline Expressway) westbound, despite taking more time. Taylor said that avoiding the tolls is good, but that because I-95 is closer to the Floridian coastline as opposed to the Florida's Turnpike (FL-91), which takes a more inland route to Wildwood, FL, where it meets Interstate 75. She said that from South Florida, the tolls would total to about $12/way, which is not that bad when you think about it, as that is what it costs to cross the George Washington Bridge from New Jersey to New York, so it is all relative I suppose. And plus, time is money! Taylor was impressed with my knowledge of South Florida and I told her I know the area well, as I have been there many times due to my grandparents snow birding there and would soon be moving there. When I told her that Delray Beach and Boca Raton are a couple of my favorite towns, she said that those areas are wonderful and that she loves visiting them! We then talked about the Corvette, as we both love that car! She agreed with me that it delivers excellent performance, as it is agile and has a lot of power from its 6.2-liter V8 engine! What's more? Along with Consumer Reports, Taylor stated that the Corvette delivers performance comparable to a Porsche 911 or a Ferrari, but at a cost of about $70,000 for the one on the showroom floor versus about $100,000 for the Porsche or $200,000 or more for the Ferrari! :eek: While I could not sit in the Corvette as it was locked, I asked Taylor if she could take a picture of me next to the Corvette and she was happy to do so.
IMG_0595.jpg
I would not have minded driving home in the Corvette, but with a cost of $70,000 as well as higher insurance costs since I am not 25 yet, I refrained from purchasing it haha! Anyway, there were more Chevrolets to see on the floor.
IMG_0596.jpg
As I roamed the showroom floor, my eye was drawn to a new for 2016 Chevrolet Camaro. While its styling interested me, I am also very interested in this car as I like American muscle cars, so I wanted to see how the new Camaro compares to the Ford Mustang, which added more creature comforts for 2015, has a larger 5.0-liter V8 that delivers 429 horsepower, and has agile handling or the Dodge Challenger, which is more of a straight-line cruiser that has a roomy interior and a 5.7-liter Hemi V8 engine that has 375 horsepower . Based on early testing from magazines like Car and Driver and Consumer Reports, it seems that borrowing some architecture from the Cadillac ATS, a fun to drive compact luxury sedan that competes with the likes of the BMW 3-Series and Mercedes-Benz C-Class, has made the new Camaro even more fun to drive than the previous Camaro and it also has blistering power, as it borrows the Corvette's 6.2-liter V8 and is good for 455 horsepower! :eek: Inside, I found the Camaro a bit low but very nice at the same time. Once I dialed in for an optimal seating position by raising the seat, I decided to take a picture and Tori, the wonderful CM who was stationed nearby, was happy to do this for me.
IMG_0598.jpg
I then inspected the interior further and based upon my brief inspection, I found it to be very nice, as the plump steering wheel had a nice feel to it, the controls appeared to be logical with plenty of hard keys to avoid going through menus, and everything appeared to be put together well. As far as demerits, while I was comfortable, the styling took a toll on rear visibility and the thick pillars made the interior a little cave-like compared to the Mustang or Challenger.
IMG_0599.jpg
Which muscle car will reign supreme? Ultimately, I won't know until I read further reviews and test-drive them when the time comes. Here are some more Camaro pics! :D
IMG_0600.jpg IMG_0601.jpg IMG_0602.jpg
After checking out the Camaro, I chatted with Tori, who was from South Carolina and we had a very nice time talking about cars. She asked me which Chevy I liked best and I told her that it was a tough call, as there are a few Chevys that appeal to me a lot. I told her that for my practical side, I like the Impala full-size sedan, as it is roomy, quiet, handles well for its size based on test-driving it for a time I had to secret shop for a Chevy dealership, has a powerful 3.6-liter V6 that delivers 22 mpg overall according to Consumer Reports, respectable for the size of the car, and offers a lot of car for the money, as the one I tested was only lacking a built-in GPS and cost $36,000, which was not bad at all. I told her it was one of the best cars Consumer Reports has tested and she was not surprised, as she admitted she read about it and it made her very happy, as it showed Chevy was building better and better cars. I also told her that I like the Camaro and Corvette, as they deliver excellent performance and are very sporty. I asked Tori what her favorite Chevy was and she said the Camaro, as she loves it styling, handling, and power. Once we were done talking cars, I bid Tori farewell, but as a very nice gesture, she gave me a couple of Chevy pins plus one for my mom, which could not have been more thoughtful, as she wanted mom to have one since she was not able to join me on this trip. Thankful for a magical time with Tori, I made my way to the Test Track souvenir shop. I perused their t-shirts, which were all very nice, however, a black t-shirt with Camaro '67 (the first model year of the Camaro) written on the front and a classic Camaro on the back which cost about $25 caught my eye. I completed my transaction with a friendly and efficient CM from Costa Rica and since I did not want to have to carry it around Epcot, I took advantage of complimentary package delivery to my hotel, which is an awesome service! :D Once I exited the shop, my mom called. She wanted to check up on me and I was happy to let her know that I was having a magical day, as I already managed to visit two amazing attractions and tell her about the t-shirt I bought, which she said sounded like an excellent choice! She asked me where I was heading to next and I told her that I was going to The Seas with Nemo and Friends, as I had a 12:55PM-1:55PM FP+. She was not a fan of the ride-on attraction, as she found the songs a bit annoying for her taste as she is not really a Nemo fan, but thought I would have fun nevertheless, as she loved the marine exhibits and knew that I liked the attraction. While I did not mind talking to mom as I enjoyed walking through Epcot, she did not want me to waste any time. I thanked her and agreed to call her sometime before dinner. On my way to The Seas, I encountered something new! It was Baymax, from "Big Hero 6" (very good movie by the way!), who was meeting at the Epcot Character Spot adjacent to where Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy meet. Surprisingly, the line was not long and while in line, I met Tim and Tori, a young couple who was about my age from Cleveland, OH. I was curious about Cleveland, so I asked them about and they said that there were cool things to visit, like the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, which is on my bucket-list as I love rock music! They also said Cedar Point, while not WDW, is a very cool theme park and worth a visit if I am in the Cleveland area. We also talked about how we got to WDW and they said they used Spirit, but did not care for it as while cheap, they charged for everything and had very little legroom. I told them I was not a fan of Spirit either the one time I used them to fly from New York-LaGuardia to Fort Lauderdale, FL, to visit my grandparents last minute in January 2007 as they were significantly cheaper than Delta or jetBlue from NYC-South Florida and found that while the flight was OK, the legroom was atrocious! I told them I used jetBlue, which I liked and they said they have to try it next time due to positive reviews, as they were unable to this time as they commanded a higher fare. While we were chatting, Ashley, a CM who had long curly blonde hair, complimented me on my Beatles Yellow Submarine t-shirt. About five minutes later, I was meeting Baymax! :D I first gave him a huge hug, as he is a very huggable character, not unlike a certain snowman from "Frozen" (I'm looking at you, Olaf :D). In addition we also did the "Bah-a-la-la-la" fist-bump which took me a couple of tries to get right, but I got it on the second try! :D
IMG_0605.jpg
Since Baymax is an excellent personal health care assistant, I also asked him if he would be able to check my health? He happily agreed and was able to determine that my blood pressure levels were normal, my bad cholesterol level was low, and despite having french fries the night before, my triglycerides were still lower than average, which was fantastic! :D
IMG_0606.jpg
After my wonderful meeting with Baymax, I made my way outside, but not before encountering a very nice CM, whose name escapes me at the moment and who was from Long Island, NY. The CM was very happy to know that I was from Long Island in Central Nassau County and he mentioned that he was from Mattituck, NY, which is located a little over an hour east from my home on the North Fork of Long Island. He said that it was beautiful out there, albeit quiet, as it was not that built up. I told him it was a lot different near where I live, as my area is fairly built up, as it is the land of shopping malls (I live about ten minutes from Roosevelt Field in Garden City, NY, five minutes from The Source Mall in Westbury, NY, and ten minutes from the Broadway Mall in Hicksville, NY), big-box stores, and many restaurants. We both agreed our areas are quite a contrast to each other, as where I lived has a lot of development while Mattituck does not comparatively, though nearby Riverhead to the west has quite a few big-box stores based on my last visit to that area. After conversing for a bit, I bid the CM farewell and made my way to The Seas with Nemo and Friends :D.

Life Updates: 3/20
Hello again all of my DIS friends! :D Sorry about my absence, but I have been busy the last couple of weeks and have a couple of important life changes to share with all of you. First off, about two weeks ago from today, I went to South Florida with my mom for a couple of days as it was finally time for her to house hunt. After about a year of working with our friend/realtor down there (he used to live in the same condo as my grandparents) with mainly online research in the Boca Raton/Delray Beach area and my visiting a couple of times since mom did not have a chance, we finally went down for three days along with our two dogs. My mom, who wanted a new-construction, went to look at a couple of places in Delray Beach with our realtor. The first place was an all-ages community, but mom did not care for it as she felt you received little for the money and it was dumpy. However, after our realtor showed her the second place (where he moved to believe it or not!), which is a very upscale 55+community, my mom fell in love with the house at first sight, not unlike many Disney love stories haha! She surprised our realtor as he knows my mom is picky, so he was surprised! :D While I did not visit the house initially as I watched the dogs while she went house-hunting with our realtor, it was not very hard to see why mom loved the house when we went back to look a second time as it had impeccable finishes, huge bedrooms, luxurious bathrooms, an upscale kitchen, and plenty of space to spread out! What's more? The community had awesome amenities, like pools that are on par with the best Disney resorts, a huge clubhouse and gym, and tennis courts at a surprisingly low HOA. While it is about 7 miles or 15-25 minutes from the beach, we realized that living right on the beach was a bit pricey for us and that this was just as nice and will cost us far less in the long run. Also, the location is convenient to many of life's bare necessities and it is a mere 2.5-3 hour drive to Walt Disney World! :mickeyjum With these factors in mind, we have decided to buy this house after careful consideration and we look forward to moving there in the late Summer/early Fall, as they need to build it. Can't wait to be in Florida! :D
-Here are some pics from our trip:
*We have arrived at Palm Beach International Airport! :D (From L to R: Me, my mom, Arabella (yellow dog), and Gwendolyn (black dog):
IMG_2767.JPG
-Good morning from Highland Beach, FL:
IMG_2802.jpg
-The Girls love Florida!:
Gwendy and Bella take FL.jpg
-Meeting my friend Nick one morning, who is a guard at the condo where my grandparents used to live, which was only a half-mile walk from the hotel.:
IMG_2085.JPG
-On our flight back to New York-JFK, I spotted Donald Trump's Boeing 757 on the tarmac at Palm Beach International Airport:
IMG_2087.JPG

Three days ago, we also got a new member of the family! :D Her name is Zaava, and she is a ten month old Affenpinscher (the same breed as Arabella and Gwendolyn) we bought from one of my mother's friends in the dog world in Russia! :o Why did we not get an Affenpinscher from the U.S., like we did with Gwendolyn and Arabella (we got them from a breeder in Massachusetts, who is now a dear friend of ours) you may ask? Well, Affens are a fairly rare breed, so they are hard to come by. When my mom saw this Affen on Facebook, my mom fell in love with her, especially due to the fact that she is lonely due to the loss of her parents/my grandparents, and expressed to this friend of her's in Russia that she wished she could have Zaava, but probably wouldn't due to the distance. Well, our friend in Russia was happy to sell her to us as she felt she would be a great dog for us and three days ago, our Russian friend's friend, who is a courier and flight attendant for Aeroflot, flew with her from Moscow to JFK and brought her to us. Zaava is a wonderful dog and I am glad to have her in our lives! :D Here she is!
IMG_2924.JPG
In the end, life has been great and while I have been busy, I am glad to have Zaava in our lives and I am still in happy disbelief that we are moving to Delray Beach, FL, as mom loves the area a lot and so do I! :D Look forward to providing you with more of my TR and any updates soon. Hope everyone is having a good night and wishing you all the best! :D

Around the World in 10 hours: Epcot 1/12/2016 Part 5
After a fantastic start to my day at Epcot riding Spaceship Earth, Test Track, and meeting Baymax from "Big Hero 6," it was now time for my FP+at the Seas With Nemo & Friends as it was close to 2:00PM. After a brisk walk from the Character Spot, I arrived at The Seas Pavilion.
IMG_0607.jpg IMG_0608.jpg
While the standby wait was short, I was able to walk right on to The Seas with Nemo and Friends thanks to my FP+. Once I was onboard the "Clamobile," I joined Marlin, Dory, Mr. Ray, Bruce, Chum, Anchor, Crush, and Squirt among others to search for Nemo, who just seems to keep getting lost exploring the sea. As I was enjoying this relaxing yet fun ride, I enjoyed being part of a "Big Blue World," which is a great song by the way as it is very uplifting in my book! :D In the end, we found Nemo and I returned to land, where I was ready to enjoy more exhibits in The Seas. When I exited, I first encountered a graceful and gentle Manatee.
IMG_0609.jpg
I was glad to see a manatee, also affectionately known as "The Cow of the Sea" thanks to its gentle nature. In addition, they are very common in Florida. As I was admiring the manatee, Richard, a CM from Fairlawn, NJ, was happy to say hi to me! We had a good time talking about Manatees and he was happy to tell me that despite its affectionate nickname, Manatees are not closely related to cows. Rather, they share a common ancestor with elephants, which blew my mind initially! However, Richard advised me to take a close look at the manatee's face and flippers, as there are slight indentations showing that they look a little bit like elephants. When I took a second look, I could see that there definitely were some similarities to elephants thanks to the indentations. After talking about manatees, I also mentioned to Richard that I knew the area where he was from, as my Aunt, Uncle, and First Cousin live in nearby Paramus, NJ and that my grandparents lived in Rockleigh, NJ towards the end of their lives. Richard mentioned that while he knew Paramus well as he used to go to the Garden State Plaza and other shopping venues in the area, he did not know where Rockleigh was. I told him not to worry, as it is a very small town located in Northeast Bergen County off of the Palisades Parkway and just south of the NY/NJ border. Richard then had a good idea and could not have been more impressed with my knowledge of Northern New Jersey! :D After chatting with Richard and viewing the manatee, I then visited the dolphin tank, where many dolphins were having an awesome time swimming!
IMG_0610.jpg
Nearby, there was an informative poster on fish anatomy.
IMG_0612.jpg
I caught a shot two dolphins swimming alongside each other :D.
IMG_0614.jpg
And a school of fish.
IMG_0616.jpg
IMG_0618.jpg
As I made my way out of The Seas with Nemo & Friends, I encountered a few sets of pearly white shark choppers.
IMG_0619.jpg
As I was enjoying the bubbly female CMs discussion about shark teeth along with a couple of other guests, we somehow arrived at the topic of sensationalism of wildlife shows, like "Whale Wars," as another guest brought it up. Joining in the conversation, I told her that while these wildlife shows are good as they bring issues about wildlife to a greater audience, I feel that at the same time, these shows can get sensationalist as they can seem one-sided, as "Whale Wars" focuses only on the sea ship's side of the story as opposed to the whaling ships. I then mentioned how "South Park" spoofed "Whale Wars" in the 2009 episode "Whale Whores" and that she loved that episode, as it hit on the sensationalism topic perfectly! While I love "South Park" too, I expressed concern that Mickey would hear and she said not to worry, as Disney inspired some aspects of "South Park" (just watch "The South Park" movie if you know what I mean :)) . She also mentioned that Matt Stone and Trey Parker are amazing, as there would not be "South Park," "Team America: World Police," or "The Book of Mormon" without them. I also added that Trey Parker is a huge Disney fan and he even honeymooned at WDW! :D She knew about that and she loved it too! After having a fun and educational time at The Seas with Nemo & Friends, I was feeling a little parched, so I made my way to Club Cool for a drink. However, what kind of surprise would stop me in my tracks on the way?

Around the World in 10 hours: Epcot 1/12/2016 Part 6
As I was enroute to Club Cool from The Seas with Nemo & Friends, I could not help but notice that Chip and Dale were meeting across from The Land pavilion. Not wanting to pass up this opportunity, as I always enjoy meeting these cheerful chipmunks, I got in the line, which was not too long and was waiting for the moment. While I was waiting, I knew that I was in for a treat, as Chip and Dale were hilarious:rotfl2:. When a lady with her family was meeting them, Chip and Dale were asking her who her favorite chipmunk was? She said that Dale was her favorite and Chip made a hand gesture signaling that he was done and he jokingly walked away from his greeting location :rotfl2:. Everyone, including myself was had a wonderful laugh and it made the time fly by! Finally, my time had come! Chip and Dale were very happy to see me and Chip was first to give me a huge hug! :D
IMG_0621.jpg
I then was ready to hug them both! :D
IMG_0623.jpg
IMG_0625.jpg
IMG_0626.jpg
And how could you not hug Dale? :D
IMG_0627.jpg
Chip and Dale then asked me who my favorite chipmunk was? I told them that I could not decide and that they were both my favorites! :D When they heard this, they bowed down to me like I was a God (For some reason, I don't have a picture of this moment. Also, in the Torah, this would be forbidden as you can't believe in a false idol and I am not a God haha!) and then they both hugged me! :D
IMG_0628.jpg
IMG_0629.jpg
IMG_0630.jpg
IMG_0631.jpg
IMG_0632.jpg
After a magical hug-fest with Chip and Dale, I then made my way to Club Cool, where I would quench my thirst with some free Coca-Cola products from around the world :D. More magic coming up next! :tinker:

Last edited:
I guess I missed a few updates - it looks/sounds like you were having an awesome time at Epcot!
Chip & Dale are always a fun character meet ... they're so funny sometimes!

Congrats on the big move! I'm sure life in Florida will be great, and being so close to Disney is an awesome benefit!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter