It's soo hott in California :(

wazowskiLOVER:)

Oh, that's great, blame it on the little guy. How
Its going to be sooo hotttttt until next week, according to the news. We
Californians have been taking it kinda easy when summer kicked in, but even
though i LOOOOVE living here, i'm sooo sweaty. I think its because I have no
air conditioning. My house is like an oven and I'm pretty much home all day
since I'm a college student on summer vacation. I hope everyone is staying
cool by hitting the water rides and dunking themselves in the pool in Anaheim.
:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

I know what you mean, we don't have central air conditioning either! We did buy three window air conditioners for the bedrooms but the rest of the house is just so hot. We constantly have fans going and once it cools down at night we open all the windows and put fans in front of them to bring the cool air in. I'm just glad my job has some A/C.

I know what you mean, we don't have central air conditioning either! We did buy three window air conditioners for the bedrooms but the rest of the house is just so hot. We constantly have fans going and once it cools down at night we open all the windows and put fans in front of them to bring the cool air in. I'm just glad my job has some A/C.

HAHA !! That is EXACTLY what we're doing right now. All the fans are going and
all the windows are open. Lucky you have window air conditioners. I'm toughing
it out :) I've been hosing my dog and myself off in the afternoons to keep cool.

HAHA !! That is EXACTLY what we're doing right now. All the fans are going and
all the windows are open. Lucky you have window air conditioners. I'm toughing
it out :) I've been hosing my dog and myself off in the afternoons to keep cool.

I hose my dog, too! She hates it though so I have to surprise her with it. But she is so hairy that I'm surprised she doesn't pass out from the heat. We will be taking her to petco soon and having them shave it ALL off.

I hose my dog, too! She hates it though so I have to surprise her with it. But she is so hairy that I'm surprised she doesn't pass out from the heat. We will be taking her to petco soon and having them shave it ALL off.

Aww really ? My dog loves it. He tries to bite the water like he's destroying it !!
I feel so bad for pets this time of year because of how hard they pant.

I know its too hot! We also do not have ac so we have just been trying to stay out of the house as much as we can. We were debating on if we should stay at a hotel for the next couple of days so we can have ac lol.

Go to www.craigslist.com :surfweb: and get yourself a lightly used air conditioner. I have had mine 4 summers but then I need it even in the middle of winter on the coldest day to sleep, due to health reasons. But I did get mine from craigslist and it still works!!! Really chills the bedroom! :woohoo: :woohoo:

I had no central air either. Those were the days when I couldn't wait to go to work :lmao:

When I married DH and we were house hunting, I told him and my number one feature that is non negotiable is to have central air. Fortuantely we found an affordable house with air. No way could I not have it now. The heat makes me sick to my stomach.

We're in Sacramento and on top of this nasty heat we are drowning in smoke from all the CA fires. What about down south, is it smokey there too??

We're in Bakersfield, and it is pretty smokey. We have the Piute Fire in the hills by Lake Isabella. Tomorrow is going to be our hottest but our air is yucky from the fires...Good thing I am going to Disneyland next week.:cool1:

I am not located in Cali, but the southermost tip of Arizona. HOt, Hot HOt!!!
I do have a swamp cooler which works real good until it gets above 90,:rotfl:
Is it usually cooler in Cali around this time? I am curious bc I will be DL bound in Aug. for my first trip.
Oh , btw Was, I am a full time college student also. I have taken my summer off this year, usually I go all year to speed up my degree program. I decided this summer i was taking a break. Now I am going stir crazy, hehe.
Hope a nice cool cold front comes your way.
My best,Tina:cutie:

We were at 108 yesterday and forecasted to 110 today and tomorrow :( I'm going to the free movies this morning and staying inside all day- AQI is HORRIBLE with the fires all around

I had no central air either. Those were the days when I couldn't wait to go to work :lmao:

When I married DH and we were house hunting, I told him and my number one feature that is non negotiable is to have central air. Fortuantely we found an affordable house with air. No way could I not have it now. The heat makes me sick to my stomach.

We used to live in a condo with air. Now its almost unbearable because I'm
spoiled by it. All I can think about is the lobby at GCH. So wonderfully cold
from air conditioning :)

I am not located in Cali, but the southermost tip of Arizona. HOt, Hot HOt!!!
I do have a swamp cooler which works real good until it gets above 90,:rotfl:
Is it usually cooler in Cali around this time? I am curious bc I will be DL bound in Aug. for my first trip.
Oh , btw Was, I am a full time college student also. I have taken my summer off this year, usually I go all year to speed up my degree program. I decided this summer i was taking a break. Now I am going stir crazy, hehe.
Hope a nice cool cold front comes your way.
My best,Tina:cutie:

I know what you mean by going stir crazy :) I've been making sure I have an
activity that I do everyday so I feel like I've accomplished something:lmao:
Yesterday I painted. Today, I'm going to convince my fiancee to go to the
movies so we stay out of the house :) Hope you stay cool as well !!

Send some sun my way, it's pouring with rain here and looking to be another washout of a summer! :rolleyes: I can't wait to get some sun in CA later this year :goodvibes

The odd thing is, most of the summer has been cooler than usual. Our house stays coolish until around 3 or 4. Then we have a few hours before the winds come through and cool the house off for the night. We open the windows around 5. No AC here either. If it gets really bad we go somewhere- shopping, library, etc. Hope it isn't this hot when we go to DL at the end of the month.

Yes, it's hot but --
- At least we have our natural air conditioner; it cools down a bit at night. Even though it's supposed to be 100 for the second day in a row in my area, it a lovely 70 degrees right now.
- When it gets really hot like this, we know it will only last a few days
- When it gets really hot like this, we have a nice excuse to go out to dinner at a nice AIR-CONDITIONED restaurant
- It's much more pleasant than Las Vegas or Orlando

According to MSN weather, it's not predicted to be killer hot at Disneyland right now :)

I am near Sacramento as well and today it is supposed to be 112! BLEH! And of course we are going to the Music Circus tonight. Luckily it is no longer outside but we have to wait outside before they let us in. I am hoping since it is so hot that they let us in earlier than normal! We leave on Monday for Disneyland and the extended forcast says mid 80's. That sounds like Heaven compared to the 100's we have been having here all week plus this awful smoke! I can't wait to leave!

Hi - I'm afraid to see my PG&E bill this month!! Yikes!

We've had the worst couple days. My 12 year old got a stomach flu and got so dehydrated so quickly that he ended up in the emergency room. (I took him to the doctor within hours of him throwing up and his DR is the one that called the ambulance and sent him for IVs).

Plus, I have two German Shepherds who are having a really tough time with the heat! Yesterday I made an ice pack for my "Senior Citizen" shepherd because he was having such a hard time staying cool. I had the air going and he was laying right on top of one of the floor vents and still panting like crazy! The ice pack helped him a lot.

I hope it cools off a bit. My older son has a 4 day swim meet starting tomorrow and it's so hard to swim in this heat!

My advice for the week - hydrate!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter