"It's So Much Fun Not Knowin Where You're Goin" Oct. 2013 Celebration! **6/22 FIN**

So let me just double check on this ... was the Grand Floridian fancy? :lmao:

Sorry you didn't get to eat your cupcake, it looks really good!

That's cool that you got around to get pictures by the fancy old cars ... brings back memories of similar pictures we took last trip before our super fancy anniversary dinner at V&A :goodvibes

That was nice of you to give away those FP-s ... that is definitely something that will be harder to execute now that there are only FP+s

a view of wishes makes that pretty much the best bus line wait ever!

Exactly :thumbsup2

It's okay, Marie would tell me later that I probably wouldn't have liked it anyway due to my aversion of all things too chocolately during that trip.

Way that is a super fancy dinner. Maybe someday I'll be that fancy.

I know, I'm so sad. If you don't use your FP+s all you can do is like... I dunno know, try to reschedule them. Either way you can't give them away and watch someone's face light up :(

Pretty much. I was almost happy not to make it on the first bus.

HAHAHAHA, I can just picture all the snooty fancy folks staring at a loudly sneezing Marie.

I don't know if British means fancy, but it sure sounds fancy. Except Cockney... not so fancy.

Awww I love that you gave your Punzie FP's to them. And I hate that this can't be done anymore.

All the feelings of belonging vanished in a single sneeze ;)

I do think that British means fancy. They always seem fancier than us with their fancy voices and fancy slang.

Me too :( I guess on the small bright side is that if it goes unused, it goes unused and the whole line goes faster for everyone else?

I'M SORRY I DIDN'T HEAR YOU

YOU KNOW I'M A LITTLE HARD OF HEARING

*sob*

YOU TRIED TO KILL ME ON PURPOSE. :scared1:

Day 5, Part 1: "Want to go again?"

As I had said, we planned to get up early that day. We were headed to Hollywood Studios the park opened at 9. We wanted to actually make it for a rope drop for a change.

So at 7:30 our alarm went off and we slowly got up and out of bed and ready for the day.

When I say slowly, I mean slowly. We didn't leave our room until about 9 am. Oops. It was, as the theme of the trip would lead you to believe, a problem on my part that took us so long.

Marie was starving but I wanted to get going. However she promised me that she would be able to speed eat so we headed to the food court.

j7xlxk.jpg

They were out of big waffles so they gave her small ones. And she kept her word, she ate everything in 7 minutes.

Then we headed out and got onto a bus at 9:15 over to Hollywood Studios.

wburk4.jpg

We stopped when heading into the park to pin trade with a nice CM. His name was Jim and he came from Grand Rapids, Michigan where we'd flown out from and where I'd spent the first 13 years of my life. He was super nice and we joked about Michigan weather.

1055dhs.jpg

Since we had a FP+ for TSMM between 9:05 and 10:05, we made our way over there.

2e2osnr.jpg

Obviously we're great at arriving in the middle of things.

As you can see there was a 95 minute wait posted and this time it did seem much more accurate. How it got so high so quick, I have no clue, but I'm glad we didn't have to go through that line. Especially since the FP+ line was also pretty long.

28uskzk.jpg

2edtdw4.jpg

Fun fact, the handicapped have a separate loading area.

rvkosn.jpg

So as we're waiting to get onto the ride there is this woman getting off with her family and she's kind of obnoxious and she keeps asking if she can go again even though there was Marie and I waiting along with another family of four right there. Even when he said no, she tried to push again.

mli2dk.jpg

And okay, I get it, you had fun and your kid had fun and that's all cool. But as a former ride operator, that question is one of the most annoying questions that can be asked to someone working a ride. If you are allowed to ride twice, we will tell you or offer it to you. However, don't ask if there is a line because it's not going to happen. Actually, don't ask at all and most certainly do not be pushy when the answer is no. Like, there were times I made people get off and go around because they were pushy with me. I know, not very magical but I just had to hold up to Team Member policy and technically refusing repeat rides is policy. Also I'm not always the nicest person.

Rant finished, I promise. I'm sorry I've had the randomest rants. I have the smallest and most annoying amusement park/theme park pet peeves, it was those two years of working 60 hours a week for the summer. Brain washed me. I promise, I used to be normal.

Oh, another fun fact that I wish I'd taken a picture of. One of the handicapped loading vehicles has buttons on the top of the guns, so you can just hit a button instead of pulling a string. I liked that a lot better.

So we go on and we play and I do terribly as normal and Marie wins at 152,000.

We get back to the loading area and there is no one waiting so the CM turns to us and the family of four and goes "Do you want to go again?" :wizard:

I KNOW! Now it seems totally ironic, doesn't it? See, this is what does happen when you're just nice and you don't demand things. You get things.

Of course we played again! I didn't even write down the scores though because in two back to back games.. well your arms start to hurt really bad.

So bad that if we'd been offered another go we would have turned it down. Don't worry that wasn't a problem though ;]

Since we were done playing, we decided to go ahead and hop into line to meet Buzz and Woody. That's right. We decided, hey, on our supposed to meet less characters trip, let's hop into a queue first thing in the morning. We're terrible goal keepers.

211l2ec.jpg

Also, I clearly didn't use the prop properly.

j5f6o8.jpg

Marie was better. But I only got a blurry picture, probably because I always feel rushed when doing things like this and I tend to try and do things quickly to get out of other people's way. Which I'm going to stop doing.

f56pn7.jpg

Also the glare from the window with this prop was super bad so out of the two pictures I took this was the better one.

29ydf4.jpg

Clearly Marie was okay with being blasted away.

21435eu.jpg

But I cowered in fear of Zerg.

We didn't take pictures with the rest of the props because we just got tired of doing so. I know, we suck.

dpzvxw.jpg

I did love these little things though.

2d27n7k.jpg

I do love the queue line too.

iepmh1.jpg

Bullseye's prints were the cutest.

15ziicm.jpg

vfyqug.jpg

I actually do wish we'd done that one.

But then it was time to meet the stars

k4iixv.jpg

I stand so awkwardly here as I'm about to be hugged by Buzz. I just noticed, I look like he's holding me to give me a stern lecture.

14viwpu.jpg

Still so awkward. I think Buzz was looking at my celebration button. Either way, I still stand like a weirdo.

5dqteh.jpg

At least we managed to get a good pose in before we were on our way.

Where to next? With a whole day ahead of us and the earliest we'd made it to a park yet?

Continued in Next Post

Day 5, Part 2: "Want to skip a FP+ to meet more characters?"

Once we were outside we saw some Green Army Men meeting so we hopped into line. The small girl before us refused to meet him because she was scared.

17xysn.jpg

I'll admit, I can see why that was the case. They are kind of scary looking with the mask over their faces like that.

14ne1qt.jpg

2a7h34z.jpg

Marie looks all snazzy.

As you might expect from the title of the chapter, there will be more character meets. I'm just going to say that I'm not even sorry. I'm not even mad. We failed at our goal and we did it proudly.

Why, you might ask? Because I had the absolute best meets this time around that I just kept wanting to meet characters. Plus, since I wasn't feeling the greatest all the time.. well, it was a good way to have fun.

We still had time before our FP+ so we headed over to meet Phineas and Ferb again because over the course of the summer I'd made Marie watch the whole of it on Netflix and episodes on Disney Channel.

Also because of this:
nvp05s.jpg

Hugs!

2qwpg7p.jpg

We chatted again and I asked Phineas what he thought Ferb's chances with Vanessa were. He was not very kind to his brother and said only a tiny chance. Goodness Phineas, that was not nice.

2h8db9z.jpg

With time left before our FP+ we walked over toward the Streets of America and wandered around just because we could.

iojin8.jpg

I was sad that although all the lights were up, the spectacle of dancing lights didn't run while we were there. I know, Halloween wasn't done but still! I think our 2012 trip will have been the only time we saw them.

r7r8uv.jpg

i4ilhx.jpg

nv83zd.jpg

As you can see, we really had to fight the crowds.

4vjuvn.jpg

29kx3s1.jpg

This stand always amuses me because Marie can't get the pronunciation done properly. It's adorable.

f527py.jpg

Oh no! The crowds are here! Wait nope, that's just two people.

o7kj91.jpg

Now, originally we had a FP+ for Indiana Jones but neither of us were feeling it so we decided not to go ahead and see it, for the second time. Actually, spoiler alert: we never made it to see the show, just like our first trip. Oh well

Instead, we headed over to meet Mike and Sulley because... why not?

1zfhs2b.jpg

I do like that they rethemed it for MU.

2cr8t37.jpg

111pa8g.jpg

14mrtch.jpg

qxto38.jpg

The monsters weren't out when we got there, hence going through the line without waiting.

Anyway, we got to the front and were ready to meet the college guys as they came back out (oooh college guys ;)) when their character attendant asked us and the others if we wanted to see them dance for us! Of course we did!

o5umwx.jpg

i4itzm.jpg

Once we got done watching them dance for a minute, we were able to go and meet them!

2w4jr5j.jpg

if8yur.jpg

I hate the awkward distance here because it's like, we either have to be far from the characters or far from each other and we just like stretched out to fill the void.

Now that we'd gotten our character greeting fix, we decided to head off and try something new!

Continued in Next Post

Oh, also, before I forget Marie and I have had to make the tough choice not to go to Disney again before our APs are up. No September after all :( Unfortunately, realistic things like glasses, dental work and French lessons are where we've got to spend our money instead. Which means our next trip after next month isn't going to be until September 2015 *shudders*

Being a grown up sucks sometimes. But at least May is drawing closer so Disney time is coming soon once more.

Day 5, Part 3: "Are you sisters too?!"

What was our new thing we were heading to?

Well we were going to head over to the Animation Academy! We'd wanted to do it last year but with only a day at HS, we just hadn't found the time, but this time we were going right that wrong.

2nuqag1.jpg

There was something like a ten minute wait for the next class but we didn't care, we just hopped inside the area and then we saw them.

Anna and Elsa! Now, this was about a month before the movie had come out so we were like, freaking out. They were heading in, so we questioned the CM if Anna and Elsa were going to keep meeting later and she said that they were! Score! We knew what we were doing next.

Until then, though, we headed inside and got seated. They took a vote because quite a few people had done the class before and we ended up drawing Stitch.

So, I'm not an artist. It's not my forte at all. Drawing and me are terrible mixes. That being said, every time I look at just mine before looking at Marie's I think, hey, it's not too bad. Then I see Marie's and my opinion changes.

Hence why I'm showing you mine first ;)

3in5.jpg

See, I bet you're like, well it's not great but it's still pretty good.

Wrong. Look at this:
2monvo4.jpg

Someone asked if she worked there. I quickly hid my drawing in shame after this. But oh well, at least I had fun even though I was constantly like, how do I do this?

Now that our drawing was done we headed out to try and find where Anna and Elsa were meeting.

rs7go4.jpg

Yes, that looks like the place! We waited around off to the side after a CM asked us to do so, only behind a family. Well, I'm guessing they're actually pretty well known for their videos because I saw a video and a gif set around on Tumblr of their meeting later on. I have no clue who they were though, but they asked a lot of questions and got a good interaction too.

24xqt77.jpg

But then it was our turn to meet the sisters and they were amazing. Anna was so excitable and gave the biggest hugs and Elsa was so proper.

2j0if7l.jpg

They asked if we were sisters too (chapter title!) but when we told them that we were married, Anna congratulated us on how romantic it was and Elsa made sure we hadn't just met each other.

At the time we honestly had no clue what their characters would be like, so it was only after watching the movie that we got the references and it made it all the better.

I talked more with Elsa and Marie chatted some more with Anna before we got our pictures and I like how it sums each of them up.

bgy9zd.jpg

See Anna all close with Marie. And then Elsa and I are like both afraid to touch each other barely. I was afraid because she was so regal that I just felt like I couldn't invade her space. It all makes much more sense now though. Hindsight is 20/20, after all.

Having met the newest princess and queen, we were on a high as we made our way over toward 50's Prime Time for our ADR. But since we still had time, we decided to stop for some hat Photopass pictures because why not?

15rebnk.jpg

14nkbx2.jpg

We even got to use the frame! Which, I liked a lot more than Marie but I was a sucker for it at the photo studio too.

30iyj9j.jpg

f3fdyr.jpg

Pictures taken, we went ahead and headed over to check in at 50's Prime Time which we were very excited for!

Once we were checked in, we went to settle into the living room and wait.

i42vl1.jpg

We did grab a seat by the TV and watched some of it.

25yvrpz.jpg

2ywg8km.jpg

I love all the decor here.

Soon we were taken to our table which because it was just the two of us was located about here.

15pjq6h.jpg

34iirzo.jpg

amber_zpscfd941e3.jpg

16c6dyb.jpg

While we waited for our cousin to arrive to serve us, we took in our surroundings.

Finally, Cousin Sarah from Orlando came over to get our drink orders and have us set the table.

Marie got herself a Very Berry Smoothie and in the picture you can see me making faces at her because I'm exactly 5 years old.
2qba9s1.jpg

We'd decided that we were going to split the sampler. Marie would have the chicken and part of the mashed potatoes and corn, and I'd have the meatloaf, pot roast and other half of the potatoes.

2m6x2f6.jpg

Marie's plate.

2iag277.jpg

My plate.

I've got to admit. This whole meal was super mediocre at best. I didn't care for the food that much and didn't like the meatloaf at all and our experience with our 'cousin' wasn't great either. Basically the most we'd gotten was being told to set the table. I mean I guess she might have been trying not to be too rough with me? Because I didn't finish my food, avoided my greens and no comments at all were made.

Either way, most of the memories I have are from the decor. I'm not eager to return either. Maybe sometime later we can see if we can get a good experience if we go again, but during a day where I have so many awesome memories... this meal fell even flatter.

We headed over to the hat area where Marie left me when she went to the bathroom and then panicked about the fact that we'd lost the camera. Which, we didn't. I had it.

Then we debated if I should get a pretzel or not. I said no, because despite not eating much more than the potatoes and a couple bites of pot roast, I wasn't hungry. Marie wanted me to eat more. I ended up winning.

And then we headed out of the park because we wanted to relax (read: I wanted a nap).

Hence why I ended up here:
2poo1fl.jpg

Marie agreed it was a good idea though, because we had huge plans for the night. Party plans, in fact.

Continued in Next Post

That TSM line just continues to blow my mind. The wait balloons so quick and then just stays there. Crazy! I like the ride, but no way I'd wait that long. Yay for FP+ (at least on this occasion).

Seriously, someone asked to go again??? With a 95 minute wait??? The only ride I have ever asked to go again was the people mover only because there was no line. Oy.

AHHHH AND THEN YOU GOT TO GO AGAIN???? How did that happen??? Too funny! Karma baby!!

In fairness, the less character goal was a bad goal anyway.:p

The army men ARE terrifying. That is all.

Yeah they really do tease you by having the Osborne Lights setup but not yet operational.

Ahhh Boo to no September. Yes, growing up sucks.

WHAT?????!!!!!!!! YOU MET ANNA AND ELSA in DHS???? OMG, that is SO LUCKY! I had no idea they had this prior to Norway. And with all the craziness that the Norway meet had with waits, this is even more incredible. You met them before they were huge mega stars! pixiedust:

So much for no character meets. Oh well. I REGRET NOTHING.

And riding TSMM twice in a row is AWESOME. And PAINFUL.

I liked 50s Prime Time a bit more than you did, but yeah, it wasn't mindblowing or anything. I'd still like to give it another try some time though

WHAT?????!!!!!!!! YOU MET ANNA AND ELSA in DHS???? OMG, that is SO LUCKY! I had no idea they had this prior to Norway. And with all the craziness that the Norway meet had with waits, this is even more incredible. You met them before they were huge mega stars! pixiedust:

My favorite part is that we met THE Anna and Elsa ;) You know, they always have a specific set of people they use for promotional matters, big events (like the Christmas Day parade, Merida's coronation, etc) - welp, those were the girls! And in my personal opinion, the best Anna I've seen to date

That TSM line just continues to blow my mind. The wait balloons so quick and then just stays there. Crazy! I like the ride, but no way I'd wait that long. Yay for FP+ (at least on this occasion).

Seriously, someone asked to go again??? With a 95 minute wait??? The only ride I have ever asked to go again was the people mover only because there was no line. Oy.

AHHHH AND THEN YOU GOT TO GO AGAIN???? How did that happen??? Too funny! Karma baby!!

In fairness, the less character goal was a bad goal anyway.:p

The army men ARE terrifying. That is all.

Yeah they really do tease you by having the Osborne Lights setup but not yet operational.

Ahhh Boo to no September. Yes, growing up sucks.

Okay, so how I think it managed to work that we were able to go again is that the handicapped one is on it's own separate loading area and they have two of them. Then they get put into the group with the rest of the ride. Now, it'd be silly to send it into the main grouping because you'd lose it and if it were empty they'd have to load people into it at the next point and then you'd have the people getting on and off at two separate points or just lose it in general into the mix. Hence, I think we got to go again because with no other handicapped families waiting, they didn't want it to be sent through empty. Now, that's just a guess, but that's what I'm thinking :confused3

Either way, it was epic ;)

It was a bad goal, but we were like, let's do more things! In May we're not meeting as many but we're going with first timers, so we want to give them as many chances to do things as possible (but we did take a list of characters to meet from them :thumbsup2)

I know :( Worse is that Marie has to be the voice of reason, which is usually my job. Disney makes me silly.

I KNOW! We were freaking out because they were just doing like testing for the characters. And they were just so spot on and perfect. We posted on Facebook when we got back to the room about it and people were freaking out with us. :dance3:

So much for no character meets. Oh well. I REGRET NOTHING.

And riding TSMM twice in a row is AWESOME. And PAINFUL.

I liked 50s Prime Time a bit more than you did, but yeah, it wasn't mindblowing or anything. I'd still like to give it another try some time though

My favorite part is that we met THE Anna and Elsa ;) You know, they always have a specific set of people they use for promotional matters, big events (like the Christmas Day parade, Merida's coronation, etc) - welp, those were the girls! And in my personal opinion, the best Anna I've seen to date

I REGRET NOTHING TOO! How could I when we got so many awesome meets? :cool2:

Yeah, I think I'd rather go ahead and do it when there are more of us or something. But I'd definitely just get the chicken pot pie like I was thinking.

I dunno, I've seen some Anna's online that look nice ;) But I am picky. I feel like our Elsa was the Elsa. All the other Elsa's just don't look as Elsa-y. Probably why they were picked to be the official ones too :thumbsup2

Okay, so how I think it managed to work that we were able to go again is that the handicapped one is on it's own separate loading area and they have two of them. Then they get put into the group with the rest of the ride. Now, it'd be silly to send it into the main grouping because you'd lose it and if it were empty they'd have to load people into it at the next point and then you'd have the people getting on and off at two separate points or just lose it in general into the mix. Hence, I think we got to go again because with no other handicapped families waiting, they didn't want it to be sent through empty. Now, that's just a guess, but that's what I'm thinking :confused3

I think the reason we got to go again is actually because there's two sets of handicapped carts - the normal ones, and the one that's half normal, half wheelchair accessible.

If they loaded a group in the second one after sending us through, then they had to send ours through again to get the other one back and unload it.

I think the reason we got to go again is actually because there's two sets of handicapped carts - the normal ones, and the one that's half normal, half wheelchair accessible.

If they loaded a group in the second one after sending us through, then they had to send ours through again to get the other one back and unload it.

That is literally what I meant :P But fine, sound smarter than me because I'm bad at explaining. Whatever. I dun care *sniffles*

Great TR! :yay:
Glad to hear you're feeling better! Congrats on the citizenship!!

:welcome: And thank you so much! That's very kind of you. I'm glad that I'm feeling better too ;)

looks like a fun day at MGM even if you were bad at achieving your goal of not meeting as many characters ;)

That's a bummer about not enjoying 50's Prime Time more ... I feel like that place is so about the experience and the server moreso than the food so when that is lackluster the whole meal seems a bit of a disappointment. On the plus side I thought you both took some cute pictures posing in your seats :goodvibes

I have to say, the Streets of America with all the Osborne light turned off looks kinda sad, like it is abandoned or something

That's so cool that you got to meet Anna and Elsa ... and you got to meet them before they were big - you know, like the "real" fans of an indie band who look down on the new fans that just latched on after they hat a hit record. ;)

looks like a fun day at MGM even if you were bad at achieving your goal of not meeting as many characters ;)

That's a bummer about not enjoying 50's Prime Time more ... I feel like that place is so about the experience and the server moreso than the food so when that is lackluster the whole meal seems a bit of a disappointment. On the plus side I thought you both took some cute pictures posing in your seats :goodvibes

I have to say, the Streets of America with all the Osborne light turned off looks kinda sad, like it is abandoned or something

That's so cool that you got to meet Anna and Elsa ... and you got to meet them before they were big - you know, like the "real" fans of an indie band who look down on the new fans that just latched on after they hat a hit record. ;)

I have no shame about being bad at a goal like that.

Yeah that's what we figured out too. I mean, it wasn't a bad experience it's just that from all the hype we've heard it didn't live up to expectations. Oh well, it happens to everyone. But thank you :goodvibes There had to be one very good side to it all :laughing:

Agreed. They should have just turned them on :thumbsup2

We did freak out. And I might need to make a shirt or something :idea: Like: "I met Anna and Elsa before it was cool." Look down on everyone else who didn't get so lucky. Clearly you're not a real fan if you didn't meet them in HS. Obviously ;)

Day 5, Part 4: "That's some Grade A Honey!"

So we headed back to the All Star Movies and trudged back to our room, cursing ourselves for not paying for a preferred room because long walks in the middle of the day are not fun.

And we got to our room to find... the maid was in it again. No joke. We have the worst timing ever.

So we went to go sit out front on the benches again.

Here is Marie being all sad because we have to sit outside where it's hot.

2wf2y9t.jpg

287ivxs.jpg

It was probably about ten minutes before we went ahead and were able to get into our room. I took a nap, and Marie went ahead and showered and got on the internet while watching some TV.

After I woke up refreshed from my nap, we started to get dressed for the Halloween party because there was no way we were going without dressing up.

20qv6r.jpg

I was Winnie the Pooh! Marie made my piglet and my hunny pot for me so that I could be more Pooh like.

2ivffwi.jpg

Marie was a goddess. Adorable, as usual.

Anyway, we left the room around 5 and got to the Magic Kingdom around 5:30.

2pzz43q.jpg

bh0qxg.jpg

I love that they put up decorations like this. So cute!

We proceeded to go check in at Casey's because we wanted to eat, but then we didn't notice that you could get the corn dogs as a meal so we skipped out.

Instead, we headed over to Tortuga Tavern and that was closed, so we headed over to Peco Bills. It was pretty busy, but as you all know there are lots of seating options, so after we went and ordered, we did manage to find a table for the two of us.

nexl5e.jpg

I got the chicken, steak and cornbread with fries and chocolate mousse. It was really delicious. I loved the chicken the most. I skipped out on the mousse though because once again the chocolate and I weren't getting on.

28r2z45.jpg

Marie got herself a taco salad. I promise that there really was food under her mountain of cheese :P She also got the fries and the mousse.

By the time that we were finished eating, the party was about to get started. So we made our way out through Frontierland and headed over toward Liberty Square.

GEDC0819_zps82a2c256.png

Noting that we found what would be a trick or treating location as we walked over that way.

I told Marie that we had to ride The Haunted Mansion. Of course we did. Technically, I knew that it tends to get busy on MNSSHP nights so we made it the first act of the 'party' despite the fact that the party hadn't started yet.

GEDC0820_zps129b39d3.png

As you can see, we were good because the wait time was only 15 minutes. Score!

We took our route through the cemetery (not that we had a choice, but I would have still) and then waited for the doors to open up.

GEDC0823_zpse6a1f604.png

I snapped a selfie with Marie, who made sure to include Piglet.

I think this was the time when I really fell in love with The Haunted Mansion. Like I don't know what I did to love it so much or anything, but after this ride I just wanted to ride it more and more.

Of course we stopped for our oh so special photo op ;)

GEDC0824_zps85b9ac9c.png

I liked the smiling one better than the scared one. Probably because I look weird in the scared one.

GEDC0828_zps02816240.png

After that we did some trick or treating. We stopped by The Liberty Bell Boat first and then headed over to Pinocchio's Village Haus before we made our way up and over to Peter Pan's Flight to get all the candy.

When we were trick or treating, I saw Donald and Daisy meeting in costume and they were 'kissing'. I tried to snap a picture but I didn't manage it. It was adorable though!

Marie and I then had the following conversation as she pushed me around.

"Maybe I should have been in a costume to compliment yours?"
"Like Piglet?"
"Like a tree."

:laughing: I tell you. That wife of mine is so silly. She looked awesome though and we were both happy.

Now, given my attire, I'm sure you figured out that there was someone we just had to meet tonight at the party. Winnie the Pooh and friends!

GEDC0829_zps9c7bd38f.png

As you can see, Pooh was very excited about my costume and even stole some of my 'grade A honey'. Piglet was excited that I'd included him as well ;)

GEDC0831_zps8149459c.png

I was so excited and happy! It totally made my night.

GEDC0833_zps297c3d28.png

They were all so cute and so nice and the photopass photographers were great as well.

Once that was finished, we decided to hit up all the trick or treating locations.

So we hit (my notes say LM? Little Mermaid? It's not listed on the locations but I swear to you that it's in my notes?) Pete's Silly Slideshow, the Tomorrowland Speedway, the Space Mountain trail, Stitch's Great Escape and the Tomorrowland Terrace.

GEDC0836_zpsaefe6d9e.png

This is the only picture I have of all of that.

Once we hit the Terrace though, we went over to the non-roped off part and I hit the bathrooms which were super empty (score! Bathroom lines suck) while Marie sat down.

The first parade was going on at this point and we had plans of watching the second, so we just were waiting for it to pass.

GEDC0839_zps0f861b88.png

I looked through my candy and picked out all of the ones I didn't like (I don't like nuts or peanut butter). I traded a few with Marie and then placed all the ones I still didn't like back on the top for easy disposal later as we listened to the parade march on.

Continued in Next Post

There was a trick or treat location right about in front of the Little Mermaid ride, I remember it XD It was up against the construction walls

And what can I say, a tree would have worked better since I was pushing you in a wheelchair :P

Oh Amber I love that costume!!!!! But then, OF COURSE you'd be Winnie the Pooh! Aww you both look so great.

There is nothing better than Haunted Mansion at the Halloween Party. It's a whole other level of awesomeness.

Awww how perfect to get a meet with the Pooh Crew. I like their Christmas attire, but I LOVE their Halloween attire.

very cute costumes! Bummer about the maid being in your room again though ... at least you know it was getting cleaned!

HM during a party is definitely a must ... smart to go there first!

Do you get to pick your candy at all on the tick-or-treat paths or do they just kinda dump stuff in your bag?

There was a trick or treat location right about in front of the Little Mermaid ride, I remember it XD It was up against the construction walls

And what can I say, a tree would have worked better since I was pushing you in a wheelchair :P

Alright, so I wasn't crazy when I wrote that down.

Well you looked awesome as you were :P Besides, you needed to put the costume to use sometime.

Oh Amber I love that costume!!!!! But then, OF COURSE you'd be Winnie the Pooh! Aww you both look so great.

There is nothing better than Haunted Mansion at the Halloween Party. It's a whole other level of awesomeness.

Awww how perfect to get a meet with the Pooh Crew. I like their Christmas attire, but I LOVE their Halloween attire.

Thanks! I knew I wanted to be Winnie the Pooh and figured that I should go for it. Besides, it gave me an excuse to wear a hat :thumbsup2

It did feel extra special! And I was so glad that we got there so early before the wait times soared out of control.

I love them all the time ;) But they were super cute! I especially love Eeyore and Winnie the Pooh. So, it was just a great meet. Plus, there were lots of cute kids in line in front of us so that made it more awesome.

very cute costumes! Bummer about the maid being in your room again though ... at least you know it was getting cleaned!

HM during a party is definitely a must ... smart to go there first!

Do you get to pick your candy at all on the tick-or-treat paths or do they just kinda dump stuff in your bag?

Thank you! :flower3: And true, a clean room is a good thing, I just wish we weren't so unlucky to get there while it was being cleaned ;)

Definitely. When we get to another one, I'll do the same. The wait time goes so high if you go later on.

They dump whatever they have. One station only had Werther's Carmel Apple hard candies and one only had Craisins, but most of them just had huge tubs of mixed candies that they gave you. They did have a special allergy station at City Hall for people who needed it. Most of it was good candy though, I'll show pictures at the end of the night of what we ended up with :)

Day 5, Part 5: Marie Might Blind Parade Dancers Forever

After the parade had passed, Marie and I made our way up Main Street and sat down right in the center area.

GEDC0864_zps4bbb8e8d.png

This was our view, basically.

Anyway, we settled in to watch Celebrate the Magic and Happy HalloWishes. We took two videos of these but neither turned out well, so I won't post them ;)

I noticed during HalloWishes though, that there were two girls working in the Confectionery that were dancing along to the show and it was hilarious. So hilarious that I spent part of the time watching them and not the fireworks. Throughout the whole thing, I kept glancing their way and cracking up.

Seriously, they were awesome. If I worked in Disney, I think that I would be the same way, but it was just the best. After we were done watching it, I made Marie go tell them how awesome they were and we gave them one of the little cards we'd made before the trip that said "Thanks for making a memory!" because it is a great memory to have. Marie says they were really excited about it, so that was sweet.

We then moved up Main Street to get a better place to watch the parade and Marie went to go in search of one of the limited edition pins for the night.

She was gone for 20 minutes because she literally ran across the whole park pretty much trying to find any, only to be told that they were sold out everywhere and had been the last party too. Ugh. How lame.

While she was doing that, I dug out all of my peanut candies and chatted with a family next to me. In the end they took the candy off of my hands for me. Which would have been sketchy if it weren't at Disney, but since it was, they just thanked me and I was happy because no more peanut candy and they were happy because extra candy. Win/Win for everyone.

Finally, the Headless Horseman came by.

GEDC0870_zpsc7036d78.png

After which, Marie went down to grab some water from somewhere (probably Casey's, I'm guessing).

It's okay, I wasn't lonely or anything, I just waited and then Phineas and Ferb came by to do a dance party. (No, I didn't go dance, I just watched adorable children dance)

GEDC0872_zpsda94907a.png

Ferb was actually quite close, and as we all know, Ferb can dance.

GEDC0873_zpsdde6a8ce.png

Phineas, wasn't too close, so this is the only picture we've got of him. Clearly, he leads a thug life.

GEDC0875_zps147feff4.png

When I have children, I wish to take them to this party and make them go dance.

All good things must come to an end though and soon the dance party was over because the parade was coming up the street!

(Warning: Parade pictures are coming)

GEDC0877_zps34a644b2.png

GEDC0880_zpsa40540a6.png

Our angle wasn't always the best for pictures. Another warning.

GEDC0881_zps65ab7571.png
?
Daisy is a cutie.

GEDC0882_zpsd9d5c78e.png

I was sad that Pooh didn't come and see me. I guess we aren't as close of friends as I thought :(

GEDC0884_zpsaba7e6e9.png

Peter, did come and shake my hand and Marie blinded the poor boy. To be fair, she didn't realize he was gonna come and take my hand until he was there and it was too late.

GEDC0887_zpsa7ce1ef5.png

GEDC0890_zps10dc8aef.png

I'm more taken by the kid in the Mike costume that I just noticed than the Haunted Mansion guy.

GEDC0891_zpse687fd8d.png

These guys were great. (Also, again the crowd draws me because those shoes on that guy over there. Jeebus, they are bright.)

GEDC0892_zpsbd8a518d.png

GEDC0893_zpsa70e0104.png

(Seriously, Mr. Bright shoes, he's distracting my view from the dancers. I have no clue how I never noticed this before)

GEDC0894_zps9e75ce01.png

Marie blinds everyone.

GEDC0895_zps0dadb64a.png

GEDC0897_zps1e8b7174.png

I wasn't really a fan of this part of the parade? I don't know. I get they make it more friendly toward children, but eh.

GEDC0898_zps834031f2.png

They were talented though.

GEDC0901_zpse6540dc4.png

GEDC0902_zps0999f143.png

If Chip could be blinded, he would have been.

GEDC0903_zpsda534598.png

Same with the Country Bears (which, I've never seen their attraction *hides*)

GEDC0905_zpsd51cdde1.png

Continued in Next Post

Day 5, Part 6: "But I have to ride Winnie the Pooh!"

Of course I have to continue with the parade, but we're almost done ;]

GEDC0908_zps92ec0edb.png

I'm sad we didn't end up catching their show. Oops.

GEDC0910_zps2ee36c94.png

GEDC0912_zps6aaf8f85.png

Like I said, sometimes we were in a bad position for taking pictures.

GEDC0913_zpsff833241.png

GEDC0915_zps68ba9642.png

Other times, we just had bad timing. Oh well.

GEDC0917_zps60806826.png

I got a sucker on the first go around and Marie did not. Because, life tip: if you have cancer, people give things to you all the time.

GEDC0918_zps8a48ba9f.png

GEDC0919_zpsb91cccfb.png

Hmm... these look familiar ;]

GEDC0921_zps78a5c5ce.png

GEDC0924_zpsc8fb7799.png

The End!

GEDC0925_zps85cc562d.png

Marie did end up getting a sucker with the second go around, at which point I got another sucker.

Overall thoughts: I enjoyed the parade, but not anymore than the Once Upon a Christmastime Parade. I hold the two to be equal in terms of quality.

Now that we were finished with the parade, we headed further up Main Street because we had someone we wanted to meet!

GEDC0926_zps29b9c84e.png

Lotso! He did not smell like Strawberries, but we figured we should at least meet one rare character. My hat is all askew in this picture though.

Once we'd met the bear that seemed to be very nice to us (no Pooh Bear, but what can you do?), we made our way back down Main Street and over by Crystal Palace.

GEDC0931_zpsc7d34fd6.png

Where a Cm took a blurry picture of the two of us. Oh well. the Castle looks nice.

Then we headed over toward Adventureland because we were going to hit the last trick or treating spots and we came across Jane, Turk and Tarzan. Since the line was almost nothing, we hopped in.

Tarzan was headed in for a break, but we decided that we were fine with just meeting Jane and Turk, so we got a picture with them.

GEDC0934_zps3c61e8d5.png

Jane was very lovely and questioned if I should be hanging out around here or if I should be with other bears. I told her I'd already spent time with a few other bears that night ;]

Then we headed to get candy from Pirates of the Caribbean and The Enchanted Tiki Room. I think the latter was the Craisins station. It was disappointing. Craisins. The shame.

GEDC0937_zps229167cf.png

We cut through Frontierland and kept heading on our way because I had important plans.

GEDC0938_zps4ed1712a.png

We even passed up this show.

Okay, so we made it to Winnie the Pooh where I had to ride and it was getting close to park closing. We passed the line for the Seven Dwarfs which was so tiny that it was probably a ten minute wait and Marie wanted to hop in.

This led to a brief argument about if we had to ride Winnie-the-Pooh or not or if we could meet the Seven Dwarfs.

I won't bore you with details about who said what or how we figured out what to do but...

GEDC0939_zps5acb5a27.png

GEDC0940_zps837da316.png

We rode Winnie the Pooh.

GEDC0941_zps11084c57.png

I mean, clearly, it was worth it.

GEDC0944_zps7aca03de.png

I was super happy. Unfortunately, I think Marie has a deep seated hatred toward this ride now.

Once we got out from the ride, pretty much everything was shutting down so we made our way to the front of the park.

GEDC0947_zpsfac69ab1.png

Where we took this picture.

And then waited for a little bit for the park to clear out a little since it was closing time.

GEDC0948_zps2c312c6b.png

Then we went to go and take a picture between the Pumpkins.
GEDC0951_zpsc57251a9.png

And subsequently rested for a few minutes in front of the Town Square Theater.

GEDC0954_zps67c67013.png

Finally, we left and went to catch a bus. Which, we just missed and ended up on a really tall one instead. Getting back to our resort around 12:55 AM and back to the room a little after 1 AM.

GEDC0955_zps189f36ad.png

Candy haul! Mine was the one on the right, Marie's is the one on the left.

We both cleaned up and Marie posted some on Facebook while I caught up on the Trip Report journal for the day before we called it a night.

Continued in Next Post

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter