"It's Safe to Say, I Love You!" A Solo Jan Adventure!-Now Completed!

Canadian Charlotte? Very cute! :thumbsup2

Sounds like a great start to the vacation, and I'm soooooo jealous of the Poly. That's totally my dream resort. I'll get there someday....;)

Yay another trip report!
The Poly looks awesome! I definitely plan to stay there someday. Can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip!

Fun update!!! I went into the bakery for the first time in January and eyed that sandwich! Might have to get one next time.

Thanks! I had seen pics of the sandwich, so when we went in in Sept I knew I had to have it, and I love my sandwiches, so of course it was great!!!

Subbing, of course :)

I love your Poly room! How amazing to have that room all to yourself for a few days! It sounds so relaxing. Did you find it too dark or anything?

Okay, going to MK at night for your first activity of a trip sounds amazing. I was always partial to the 'arrive early and go to parks right away for a full day' but I'll have to give serious thought to this method too! And then going right away to see Mickey? Great choice! I think a solo hunt-down-as-many-characters-as-possible trip sounds really fun.

omg, that sandwich. It's like an entire turkey on bread. I wonder if anyone's mouth is actually big enough to eat that? It looks amazing, though. Is it the same sandwich as at Starring Rolls?

Thanks! It was GREAT to have that much space! I absolutely loved it! It was so nice to go solo, I had honestly the greatest time! I didn't find it too dark, I know the first morning I woke up, I went "dear god is it still dark outside?! And then realized Disney has the amazing black out blinds! (I'm super light sensitive when I sleep, so it was awesome to have!

MK is ALWAYS a must for the first day of the trip, and it nearly always works out with crowd calendars for me! However we arrive on a Mon in Sept, and there will be a MNSSHP going on, on our first full day so we'll head elsewhere first!:scared1: I'm always such a character hunter that I knew I needed to do it again this time, especially because I didn't have anyone (or boys) with me that wouldn't want to wait again (ex; the hour long wait for Rapunzel, or to jump in line for the 3rd different Donald we've seen kinda thing)

Ahaha! I would love to see someone try! It's honestly too much turkey & bread for me, but it's still delicious! I don't know if it's the same as Starring Rolls, I've only ever had treats from there!

Hahaha, Canadian Charlotte. That is such a fun idea for MNSSHP though! That would be so cool, plus she's kind of a neglected character. I love the fact that she's crazy!

Had to say too, holy moly dude, that is the biggest stack of turkey I have ever seen on a sandwich!

I would LOVE to be Charlotte for MNSSHP, but I'm not sure I want something full length in that heat! Not too mention I want to do something "with" my mom, and I'm not sure what she could do from Princess & the Frog to go with Lottie?!

Canadian Charlotte? Very cute! :thumbsup2

Sounds like a great start to the vacation, and I'm soooooo jealous of the Poly. That's totally my dream resort. I'll get there someday....;)

Definitely amazing, and even more awesome Tiana & Naveen stories to come! It was a great start, and hey, the Poly isn't that expensive if you find a discount, or if you do a split-stay/shorter stay. I believe in you!

Yay another trip report!
The Poly looks awesome! I definitely plan to stay there someday. Can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip!
Thanks! Glad you're here 7 enjoying!

I am loving this trip report!!!

Thanks so much! It's awesome to hear everyone's loving it!!

I said good-bye to my new friends, and did the hair-pin right turn as I exited their area, and headed back through Adventureland! I’m not a huge one for waiting in line for a ride like the Magic Carpets (although if it was Dumbo, I would have ridden just to see the construction! Too bad it’s down!) So I jumped over to one of the classics, and my personal favorites, Pirates!!

While going through the cue for the ride, I ended up in line beside what appeared to another solo traveler, who was kind enough to say hi, and introduce himself. We rode together, and said good bye after the ride, brief, but nice to know how amazing friendly people are at Disney! I have to say, I love Pirates, it may not be some people’s favorites, but I will always love it, I love everything pirate related! On the way through the gift shop on the way out, I stopped for a souvenir for a friend (one of those pirate level “shot” glasses) and a Princess pen for myself! (pictures will come at the end of the TR!)

I then headed through to another classic attraction that I actually haven’t ever been on in Disney World! This may give you a clue:

27-1.jpg

Yup! I “braved” the country bears! It was about a 5 minute wait until the next showing, and I haven’t been on it, and hey, what better time to do everything than a solo trip?! No one else is gonna complain about having to go on a ride if you’re by yourself! :laughing:

28-1.jpg

29-1.jpg

30-1.jpg

31-1.jpg

32-1.jpg

33-1.jpg

34-1.jpg

35-1.jpg

36-1.jpg

37-1.jpg

Clearly, I take a lot of pictures! Haha! I did enjoy it, I thought it was super cute! Especially the little bear on the far right on the main stage, so adorable! I was glad that I saw it, but it’s safe to say it’s one show that once per trip is probably enough. It’s a classic though! Now, I was in Frontierland, and Frontierland is home to my favorite ride, the one that the music can make me happy & excited even on the worst day! Did I ride it?! …..no…. The greatest ride, is Splash Mtn, obviously! And for me, it was just a little to chilly to have the chance of getting wet right now. (Surprisingly, since it was about -15/20 back home…) I realized at this point that I was going to need to take out some more American money, I really had only had enough for some snacks, and the already bought souvenirs, so I began my hunt for an ATM, and the closest one, was back behind Pinocchio’s Village Haus. And so my trek began! However, this trek involved this majestic sight, so it was quite alright!!

38-1.jpg

39-1.jpg

*sigh* just take a moment and take all that in.

Ok…ready to move on!! I found the atm, took out some money, and headed back through the castle (not without taking some not-so-great shots of the murals & out onto Main St). I also checked out my times guide, and found that the fairies were still out for some meet & greets, and figured I’d pop in there before leaving the park!

40-1.jpg

41-1.jpg

42-1.jpg

43-1.jpg

The wait time was under 20 minutes, I’d say somewhere around 15 minutes? It wasn’t long, either way (and by this point, it was nearly 10pm…I’m gonna pretend…) I was shrunk down to size and entered Pixie Hollow to find:

Photo0015FourBySix.jpg

My old friend Vidia! This one….not the greatest, she was kind of bland, I don’t blame her, it was the end of a long day for them. She commented on how I was wearing purple, asked if I was a fast flying fairy, you know, the usual.

Photo0019FourBySix.jpg

Photo0017FourBySix.jpg

I continued on to Tink next, and she was kind of the same, meh. Again, end of the night, she was still super fast-chatty wise, but it was in-get the pic-out kinda thing.

Photo0021FourBySix.jpg

I was de-shrunk back up to human size and decided that, even though there were still a few hours left in the EMH, but I wasn’t quite ready to ride the rides in the cold, and hey, I was pretty cold! (For SOME reason, seriously, disappointing! Haha!!) It had also been a long day, even if it was just traveling, but I was tired, so I decided to head back to the resort. I wandered through the Main St shops on the way out, and jumped back on the monorail.

Now, here’s another moment of running into the most adorable kids, they were (I’m pretty sure) headed to EMH from Chef Mickey’s over at the Contemporary, and sat down beside me and of course, started chatting me up. They had been to so many character meals, and told me all about all of them, so cute! I had the plan to pop into Captain Cooks to buy something for breakfast the next morning, but ended up getting a Mango Passion Cupcake….which I ate just then in the hotel room!

IMG_2064.jpg

IMG_2065.jpg

It was delicious! Super light, had a strong fruit taste to it, so if you’re not a fruit fan, I don’t recommend it, but it was tasty. The Office was on TV, so while I snacked, I watched that, and then some Stacy (which I really got into this trip!! HA) and then came the task of showering, blow drying AND straightening my hair. I had to be up super early already the next morning, and figured I wouldn’t want to straighten it in the morning. Well, blow drying & straightening on the same day is hard enough, but in that humidity…well...it kinda worked! Haha, with that, it was off to bed!! Here’s my verdict on the day!

48-1.jpg

(and that was actually pre-showering…my nice hair…pffft) THUMBS UP all around!

I'm one of those people that loves the Country Bears! Some may think I'm strange, but I think it's memories of going when I was younger. Plus, I love the sarcasm and jokes, so you know.

Great first day! You got a lot of stuff accomplished. Totally get it with the shower, blow dry, straighten thing at the end of the day. Definitely makes things easier for getting up earlier in the morning.

Thanks! It was GREAT to have that much space! I absolutely loved it! It was so nice to go solo, I had honestly the greatest time! I didn't find it too dark, I know the first morning I woke up, I went "dear god is it still dark outside?! And then realized Disney has the amazing black out blinds! (I'm super light sensitive when I sleep, so it was awesome to have!

MK is ALWAYS a must for the first day of the trip, and it nearly always works out with crowd calendars for me! However we arrive on a Mon in Sept, and there will be a MNSSHP going on, on our first full day so we'll head elsewhere first!:scared1: I'm always such a character hunter that I knew I needed to do it again this time, especially because I didn't have anyone (or boys) with me that wouldn't want to wait again (ex; the hour long wait for Rapunzel, or to jump in line for the 3rd different Donald we've seen kinda thing)

Ahaha! I would love to see someone try! It's honestly too much turkey & bread for me, but it's still delicious! I don't know if it's the same as Starring Rolls, I've only ever had treats from there!

Oh, I love black out blinds! We don't have any in our house so they always seem so luxurious!

Hm, I'd probably do something else on an arrival day (mini golf? DTD?) just so MK could be my first park! :lmao: I like seeing the different characters as long as they're in different costumes. Like five Winnie the Poohs is a little over the top, but Mexico Donald vs MGM Donald vs Frontierland Donald is totally different!

I've never seen Country Bears! The theatre looks adorable. There's certainly truth in advertising - there are tons of bears in there! For some reason I thought it would be three bears sitting down singing songs? Way less elaborate than it actually is!

Those murals are my favorite part of Cinderella's Castle (especially since they removed the gift shop to put in CRT). I'm not sure why, maybe because it's a dark, quiet hallway with (relatively) few people? So they're pretty and it's a nice break to stop and look at them? They're definitely a must see attraction (especially in combination with the Cinderella fountain).

That cupcake is an excellent snack - it has fruit! Healthy! :lmao:

Too bad you had blah fairies. We ran into a few bland Tinks on the last trip.

I think that a cupcake before bed is a perfect snack! Fruit=healthy right?

Maddie and I love to watch Stacey! DH not so much :lmao:

Can't wait to hear about day 2!

we met that same Vidia! She told Zachary that her favorite color was purple and she was happy he'd chosen a purple marker for her to sign in. For the rest of the trip, he tried to choose the character's favorite color for them to use!

It was the second day of my trip, and my first full day at the parks, and I was getting up BRIGHT and early!! There were morning extra magic hours at Animal Kingdom that morning, and my plan was to start there, and hop over to DHS later in the day. I was up right around 6:45, with time to get ready, and down to the bus stop by 7:30! I took a couple shots from my BALCONY (hey, it’s exciting when you’re used to the Value resorts!)

49-2.jpg

50-1.jpg

So gorgeous! I grabbed a sweater, put on some sunscreen, made sure my park bag was packed correctly (camera, wallet, Iphone, TR notebook, Check!) and I was off down to the bus stop. There was only one other family at the bus stop while I was there, and the bus came pretty quick, and we were at AK with time to spare. They were already letting people in the turnstiles, so after a quick bag check, we were in!

53-1.jpg

They had everyone behind the ropes going to either Africa or Asia, as it wasn’t quite 8:00 yet. (Seriously?! I had been up for over an hour already…and it was only 6am back home! The last time I was up this early, was when I was STILL up at 6am…ok…minus the day before when I had to catch a flight) However this down time did give me a bit of time to grab a coffee & a Crumb cake from the little stand beside the crowd.

54-1.jpg

The crumb cake was good, I wish I had thought in advance and gotten some fruit or a V8 from Captain Cooks the night before, but oh well, I’m on vacation, I can eat cake for breakfast, right? I looked over my times guide & made some decisions on when to watch the shows of AK, and I chatted a bit with the pin trading CM that was hanging out there. Pin trading is something I have yet to get into, but I feel like I might invest on my next trip…hmm… I’ll see. I think it’d be a great way to have the feeling that you can talk to anyone, and they can talk to you (maybe even more so than having the lime green Mickey heads…I’ve carried one every trip & no one’s ever said anything…) Wow...tangent, I apologize! This is probably what was going through my mind as I waited for the rope to drop, and soon enough! It did. Now, thanks to me ordering an actual coffee (last time I just did the espresso shot, cooled it off with creamers & ice and shot it) I realized I could really take my time over to Asia, and I did! The crowd wasn’t too bad (hey, it was MORNING emh, no one wants to get up that early!) I strolled somewhat quickly though the park, drinking the coffee as fast as I could without burning my mouth, and made sure to turn towards Asia, this is what I saw!

51-1.jpg

Yup, that’s how non-existent the crowds were today! Amazing! I grabbed a fast pass before jumping in the standby line (which was only 5 minutes!) I did my best to grab some shots on the way in, while walking, but really wanted to get on that ride!!

55-1.jpg

HECK! YES! Gah, just honestly, half the reason that I even go to Animal Kingdom. It’s just SUCH an amazing ride, I absolutely love it! (OK! I just NEED to say this now, I’m typing this up while watching TV and EVERY commercial break, there’s a DisneyLand/World commercial….Like, way to rub it in even more. Thanks Disney, I’ve already made my memories, and I’m buying an AP, I’ll be back in a month!...Whew! Rant done!) I had been riding single rider, obviously, and before jumping into the cue, had come across a couple figuring out baby swap, and I made sure to point out that lots of rides have single rider lines, and they’re pretty fast to go through. I ended up riding with the dad, who seemed a little nervous, and apologized if he screamed like a little girl :rotfl:

I jumped right back into the stand by line (after having a quick glance at the merch, next time, I NEED to buy something from EE & ToT, they’re the big rides I managed to brave, so I need something to appreciate that fact!) and rode again!!

56-1.jpg

57-1.jpg

I ended up riding with the Mom from the earlier baby swap this time around! Our verdict on the ride?

58-1.jpg

Thumbs up of course!! I after this decided; it was time to RIDE AGAIN!! This time when I got to the front of the line, I asked for, exactly that, front row of the train! Eeek! SO. MUCH. AWESOME. Now that I was done with my rides on Everest (for the moment) and it wasn’t even 9:00am yet, I decided I would head over to Africa for the Safari! The wait time was posted between 5 & 10 minutes, and it was basically a walk on, when I got to the front & they asked how many, I said 1, and she asked if I wanted the front row? Sure! A row all to myself, in the front of my jeep, yay!

59-1.jpg

60-1.jpg

61-1.jpg

62-1.jpg

63-1.jpg

64-1.jpg

65-1.jpg

66-1.jpg

67-1.jpg

68-1.jpg

70-1.jpg

Continued in Next Post​

I'm one of those people that loves the Country Bears! Some may think I'm strange, but I think it's memories of going when I was younger. Plus, I love the sarcasm and jokes, so you know.

Great first day! You got a lot of stuff accomplished. Totally get it with the shower, blow dry, straighten thing at the end of the day. Definitely makes things easier for getting up earlier in the morning.

Country Bears is one of the classics that a trip to Dsney just wouldn't be the same without it!! My favorite part of it was probably the moose & deer heads up on the walls! It really was an awesome first day! Gah! Having long hair that doesn't really do anything naturally (it all depends what I do with it right out of the shower) I knew it was best to style it haha

Oh, I love black out blinds! We don't have any in our house so they always seem so luxurious!

Hm, I'd probably do something else on an arrival day (mini golf? DTD?) just so MK could be my first park! :lmao: I like seeing the different characters as long as they're in different costumes. Like five Winnie the Poohs is a little over the top, but Mexico Donald vs MGM Donald vs Frontierland Donald is totally different!

I've never seen Country Bears! The theatre looks adorable. There's certainly truth in advertising - there are tons of bears in there! For some reason I thought it would be three bears sitting down singing songs? Way less elaborate than it actually is!

Those murals are my favorite part of Cinderella's Castle (especially since they removed the gift shop to put in CRT). I'm not sure why, maybe because it's a dark, quiet hallway with (relatively) few people? So they're pretty and it's a nice break to stop and look at them? They're definitely a must see attraction (especially in combination with the Cinderella fountain).

That cupcake is an excellent snack - it has fruit! Healthy! :lmao:
I had blackout blinds when I still lived with my mom, and it was awesome! Now I just move too much to bother changing them! We're just going to go to DHs (i think?) or maybe we'll do some park hopping, I dunno! With it being our first full day, and I don't know what time we'll arrive, I don't want to waste a full day not going to the parks!

Too bad you had blah fairies. We ran into a few bland Tinks on the last trip.

I think that a cupcake before bed is a perfect snack! Fruit=healthy right?

Maddie and I love to watch Stacey! DH not so much :lmao:

Can't wait to hear about day 2!

I definitely have had my fair share of bland characters over the last couple of trips, but there's always 1 fairy that makes up for it...and then there's the Ariel's, who I've had such amazing luck with! And heck yes! Fruit...and carbs...totes healthy! Haha.

we met that same Vidia! She told Zachary that her favorite color was purple and she was happy he'd chosen a purple marker for her to sign in. For the rest of the trip, he tried to choose the character's favorite color for them to use!

That's awsome!! Definitely something I would do!!

71-1.jpg

72-1.jpg

73-1.jpg

74-1.jpg

75-1.jpg

76-1.jpg

77-1.jpg

It was a great safari! There were tons of animals out, I guess all that I’ve heard about early morning safari’s being much more active animal wise is true!! Yay!! And then there was our safari guide, John (what can I say, I creeped his name tag in the mirror, wanted to spread the awesomeness!) He was fantastic! Definitely the best guide I’ve had on the ride! While we drove past the alligators, he said that they leave their mouths open to let the heat es-cap-ey (think Dory, in Finding Nemo) I swear, I was the only one that heard him/got it...funny, funny. Then when we get to the lions, he starts talking about how it is the males job to take care of everyone, and he sure does take his job with *pride*. HA! Oh the puns! They were fantastic, we shared some moments of “yup…you’re the only one who gets it…” fantastic!

I arrived back in Harambe safely after saving the baby elephant, and well, I was done with Africa, but was headed back to Asia, for what you may ask? Well, back to Everest of course! The wait time was still superbly low, so I jumped into the standby line.

78-1.jpg

79-1.jpg

80-1.jpg

Yup, still so amazing!! When I got off, it was time to go again! (Hey, I do what I want, I’m travelling solo, and I was killing time before FOTLK, and character’s came out!) So, again I went! And this time, I got a better ride picture, so I grabbed a red neck photo of it!

81-1.jpg

After this, I really was done, but I did still have the fast pass if I needed to come back later, I knew I could use it after the show. It was just about 9, so I headed back towards Africa, where I knew some of my friends would be out monkey-ing around! Terk either wasn’t out today, or wasn’t out yet, so I walked all the way around the path to get some hugs from King Louie & Baloo!

Photo0023FourBySix-1.jpg

84-1.jpg

Photo0025FourBySix-1.jpg

I said thank-you to jungle party friends, and made my way back to Africa. My room-mates and I kind of have this thing with sloth’s, they’re freakin adorable, so much, so I was looking through the shops for something sloth like in the shops, but there really wasn’t. I slowly made my way across the bridge and up to Camp Minnie Mickey. The characters weren’t out yet, so I really got to take my pick of characters. My pick was number 1 of course, my number 1 may be different than yours, but mine, comes with quite the attitude!

Photo0026FourBySix-1.jpg

Photo0028FourBySix-1.jpg

See, our love is mutual! Heehee! He was adorable, of course! I told him, that OF COURSE, he is number 1, that’s for sure! Which definitely got me some extra lovin’! I adore Donald, he’s just so cute!

89-1.jpg

Photo0029FourBySix-1.jpg

Photo0032FourBySix-1.jpg

At this point, I figured, I’d already seen Mickey & Minnie the day before, and didn’t know who else I’d get the chance to see over the next couple of days, so I jumped into Goofy’s line! I managed to get into the line right before a family that had 2 little girls, who had been in Donald’s line as well. One of the princesses made a comment about how I had just been “over there” and we chatted for a bit, talked about favourites, fairies, you know, the usual 6 year old girl chatter. The lucky ones had actually been in the previous FOTLK that had just gotten out! Lucky!! The perks of being a little kid I tell ya!

Photo0033FourBySix-1.jpg

93-1.jpg

Photo0036FourBySix-1.jpg

Goofy & I got some great shots, and I said thank-you & blew some kisses his way while I exited the line. Thumper & Miss Bunny were out too!

90-1.jpg

I took the pic from a distance, if you can’t tell, as it was getting awfully close to time of something far more epic than any character meet & greet (depending…but the m&g would have to be lengen…wait for it…hope you’re not lactose intolerant…. Dary!) But at this point, not a whole lot can top it.

If you were thinking: Festival of the Lion King, you were right!!(I know! Shan23877, you’re SHOCKED, right?!) This of course, will come up next, as I have far too many pictures!!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I AM shocked that you were headed to FOLK!! My DD is sitting here looking over my shoulder, and told me that she's upset that we didn't make it to FOLK last trip. I guess we're going next time!! Who knows, maybe I'll be as i love with it as you :thumbsup2

Sounds like you got a ton done that morning, there must me something to traveling solo!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I AM shocked that you were headed to FOLK!! My DD is sitting here looking over my shoulder, and told me that she's upset that we didn't make it to FOLK last trip. I guess we're going next time!! Who knows, maybe I'll be as i love with it as you :thumbsup2

Sounds like you got a ton done that morning, there must me something to traveling solo!

Ahaha, I know right?! Gah! It's such an amazing show, I know when Sylvia saw it her first time she was amazed as well!! There is so much to travelling solo! You don't have to stop when someone else needs water/the bathroom/exploring stuff they want to but you don't! Plus the benefit of getting up REALLY early to do EMH (which is something that I doubt my friends would want to do haha)

I really am enjoying this so far! So much more different than the other TRs.

When I first moved to Orlando I used to do solo trips all the time. For some reason lately though I've been a little chicken to do it but your TR is helping me see the light. ;)

Very nice report so far! I have gone on several solo trips to Disney and always had a perfect trip. I did more character photos than usual in Nov and saw Baloo for the first time. No King Louie though.
Looking forward to reading more!

I have always wanted to meet Baloo but never have. He is one of my favourites :)

I've managed to meet him everytime, thanks to being in the middle of the two biggest things in AK, and not a lot of people seem to know he's there, so theres never really a wait.

I really am enjoying this so far! So much more different than the other TRs.

When I first moved to Orlando I used to do solo trips all the time. For some reason lately though I've been a little chicken to do it but your TR is helping me see the light. ;)

Thanks!! I try to keep it entertaining for everyone! And I really do enjoy writing them, it helps me relive the magic & share the magic with everyone else. I loved going solo, and it's fun to have the chance go meet up with other solo or group travellers to have a different experience!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter