IT'S OFFICIAL!!!****OCTOBER 2014****...ROLL CALL!! Join the party!

I love when a trip is still a few months away but you start to gather all the little things.

I picked up a suitcase from my parents while I was there. Now we have one teal, one silver, and one royal blue!
And in the one I borrowed from my parents I found baggies of zip ties and a pair of small scissors! :laughing: One less thing for me to buy.

Then today while I was out doing some regular shopping, I bought some (vivid) purple jelly luggage tags, so cute! We will definitely be noticeable traipsing through the airport with our colorful luggage, nothing matches! :rotfl:

Hi everyone! We have a group(14 total) staying at POP 10/22-10/26!!! We are doing MNSSHP on 10/23 and FW on 10/24!!
October is one of my favorite times of the year at The World. No free dining for us, but I am curious why this week is so popular it is excluded from the promo?

My hubby, dd2 my parents and hubbies parents are going October 24-31 to celebrate dd's birthday on the 25th =) very new to all of this and I was wondering where I can find the board to swap dinning reservations. thanks.

My hubby, dd2 my parents and hubbies parents are going October 24-31 to celebrate dd's birthday on the 25th =) very new to all of this and I was wondering where I can find the board to swap dinning reservations. thanks.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3251536

It's not really about swapping more about snatching something that isn't needed anymore by the other person.
I hope you can get all the ressies you need.

The Parisian breakfast looks so tempting and yummy! If its only on saturdays though thats our Boma breakfast and I think DBF would enjoy Boma more. And I'm just not willing to rearrange everything for it. Lets just hope it'll be around next F&W trip! .......of course now I have chocolate croissant on the brain :bitelip:
What us this Boma breakfast I keep reading about? And I would so rearrange our itinerary for the Parisian breakfast...just don't think my DH would!! Lol!

Contemporary / Polynesian March 1983 Boardwalk Villas October 2012

What us this Boma breakfast I keep reading about? And I would so rearrange our itinerary for the Parisian breakfast...just don't think my DH would!! Lol!

Boma is the restaurant buffet in Animal Kingdom Lodge. Just google 'Disney' and 'Boma' together and you'll get a ton sites, pictures and reviews. Love the breakfast! Its so yummy!:cloud9:

Boma is the restaurant buffet in Animal Kingdom Lodge. Just google 'Disney' and 'Boma' together and you'll get a ton sites, pictures and reviews. Love the breakfast! Its so yummy!:cloud9:
Ohhhh! Okay! Thank you!!

Ah! I'll be there as well!

10/05 - 10/12 @ AoA

10/09 for MNSSHP!

I've only ever done WDW during the summer for the 4th so this is very exciting!

We will be there as well....all 15 of us. DM, DD, DH, DSx2, DD, DBx2, DSILx2, DNCx3, DNW and myself. Staying at POR 10/14-10/20...can't wait!

:hyper:

We will be at CSR 10/28-11/3! Planning on going to MNSSHP on 10/30. This will be our first time going in October! We are surprising our 2 DD's the morning we leave for the airport! Can't wait to tell them!!

Anyone attending the runDisney kids races on Saturday, Oct 4? We'll be at CBR 10/3 - 10/11, debating whether or not to sign up my son... the adult races are sold out, of course, but I thought the kids race might be fun for him - something novel that we don't have the opportunity to do every trip - and would only eat up one morning of our time!

Decisions... Decisions

It's our 1st trip to Walt disney world and we are currently booked at the contemporary with TP view October 20-26 2014. We are thinking of changing our reservations to a moderate resort and extending our visit 2 days and adding hopper. DW and I were wondering how convenient is the transportation to the parks from some of the moderates. Any thoughts and guidance from the wealth of knowledge on these boards would be greatly appreciated!

amg35 I need to update my info. Well be arriving on October 1, instead of the 2nd. We are staying offsite at Venetian Bay Villages. Thank you!

I love when a trip is still a few months away but you start to gather all the little things.

I picked up a suitcase from my parents while I was there. Now we have one teal, one silver, and one royal blue!
And in the one I borrowed from my parents I found baggies of zip ties and a pair of small scissors! :laughing: One less thing for me to buy.

Then today while I was out doing some regular shopping, I bought some (vivid) purple jelly luggage tags, so cute! We will definitely be noticeable traipsing through the airport with our colorful luggage, nothing matches! :rotfl:

I have started buying the space bags needed, next on my list is suit cases, I think. Hubby doesn't think will need them because we are driving. But 7 people and just backpack aren't going to work. I might meet him in the middle and do duffle bags on wheels. I'm making list of what all we'll need so I can start buying the little things now. DH thinks it's too early to be buying stuff already, but he'll think me later. lol

We'll be there Oct 20-31 at AKV Jambo House! Looking forward to MNSSHP. We've done MVMCP several times, but this will be our first Halloween at WDW.

For October travelers who are planning on attending the Epcot Food & Wine Fest, a few more details have been released from WDW:

Longtime fans will want to know what’s new, but for neophtyes, here are the basics: food fans love the stroll around World Showcase to nosh and sip from more than 25 ethnic and specialty marketplaces (get your free festival “passport” stamped along the way). But there’s so much more: three nightly Eat to the Beat concerts, the fantastic Party for the Senses on select Saturday nights, signature dinners, the remarkable Ocean Spray Cranberry Bog, a new “Back to Basics” Festival Center series and a new Friday morning celebrity chefs cookbook event called “Food for Thought.” All in all, you can taste the creations of more than 270 chefs and culinary pros from Disney and across the U.S.

We’re excited to see our favorite Saturday morning Parisian Breakfast back this year, and a new Sunday morning event called “Sunday Mornings With …” that will be a plated brunch with a noted pastry chef or baker crafting three fabulous desserts for guests.

What else is new for 2014?

Patagonia Marketplace will merge the flavors of Argentina and Chile in dishes like sustainable roasted Verlasso salmon with quinoa salad drizzled with a kicky arugula chimichurri. You can pair that with a couple of great Chilean wines: Cono Sur Bicicleta Viognier or Cono Sur Bicicleta Pinot Noir Rosé.

Farm Fresh Market replaces last year’s Florida Local Marketplace, with a perfect “brinner” (breakfast for dinner) dish: “Bacon and Eggs,” with applewood-smoked, pepper-coated bacon, sweet corn, potatoes, Hollandaise and pickled jalapeños. Or try the griddled “yard bird” (chicken) with braised greens. Happy to see Orlando Brewing Company’s I-4IPA on the menu, as well as trendy Ba Ba Black Lager from Salt Lake City’s Uinta Brewing Company.
Brazil Marketplace is back with that wildly popular crispy pork belly with black beans, onions, avocado and cilantro, but chefs also are adding mocequa de pescado (tilapia with coconut lime sauce and steamed rice), pao de queijo (Brazilian cheese bread) and cocadas (Brazilian coconut candy).

The Poland Marketplace switches up the popular pierogi with a new sauerkraut pierogi and pork goulash.

That’s just a little taste of what’s to come; stay tuned for more details as the weeks sail by.

Free with Epcot admission: Back to Basics series, special book signings, Eat to the Beat concerts, cultural adventures, Marketplace Discovery Passport and all attractions and park entertainment. Festival hours extend to 10 p.m. each weekend.

You’ll need reservations/additional fee: Party for the Senses grand tasting events, signature dinners and other special wine and culinary programs. When a reservation booking date is announced this summer, guests can call 407/WDW-FEST (939-3378). Information and reservations for select programs will be at epcotfoodfestival.com.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...-19th-epcot-international-food-wine-festival/

List updated, welcome!!! :wizard::wizard::wizard:

Okay, that list is huge now, October looks crowded enough for me, I'm shutting it down. No one else can come in October. ;) :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter