IT'S OFFICIAL!!!****OCTOBER 2014****...ROLL CALL!! Join the party!

I pretty much avoid most of the DIS now (except for my subscribed threads) because all of the negativity with FP+. Honestly, I used it in Dec and LOVED it. So there.

I'm adding my voice for the lovers! :love: We are not early risers (F&W Fest will do that...) and were never able to get early FPs. Rode TT at night for the first time last November! :cool1: With FP+ it was so easy to switch stuff around when our 'schedule' slipped. And receiving text messages when a ride went down was awesome! Especially since it seemed to be an epidemic last November. And once they reopened, those lines sure disappeared fast! :yay:

However, I don't appreciate being forced to pick three different rides, and only one of those from an A list. That was annoying. :headache: However, last November we nicely asked a MS CM to trade a TT FP for MS, since TT went down. They 'buzzed' us in and said have fun!

Sign us up!

Oct 26- Oct 31 AKV

BCV Oct 31 - Nov 3

YIIPPPPEEeeee!!!!! Our 1st stay at AKV! DD # 2 is super excited, we rented points from a member on here!!

Sign us up!

Oct 26- Oct 31 AKV

BCV Oct 31 - Nov 3

YIIPPPPEEeeee!!!!! Our 1st stay at AKV! DD # 2 is super excited, we rented points from a member on here!!

Welcome to the thread, happy to have you! :woohoo:

:yay: :yay:

I'll be there with a bunch of family from Oct 19 - 25 2014!!!!! This will be my 2nd time there, first was about 14 years ago! We'll be celebrating moms 50TH BIRTHDAY! DD will be 3.5, plus 7 others (4A 3C)

:yay: :yay:

I'll be there with a bunch of family from Oct 19 - 25 2014!!!!! This will be my 2nd time there, first was about 14 years ago! We'll be celebrating moms 50TH BIRTHDAY! DD will be 3.5, plus 7 others (4A 3C)

Exciting!! Welcome!! :hyper::hyper:

Ok we have changed our date to sept 24-oct 5.still POR RR so do I change to a sept group? we will still be there in oct.........lol

WOO HOO! Just booked our room at Pop Century for our honeymoon, will be there October 19-Oct 28, following 5 nights at the Darkside (Royal Pacific Resort, which I also booked today!) :banana:

Starting to feel real now :) AND the hotel room at Pop was $20 cheaper than the rates the Disney site has been advertising for months, so I saved about $180 on my stay, based on last week's prices. The CSR I spoke with was very nice (i even stayed on the phone to complete the survey afterwards because of her). I requested a King size bed and she put the request in but unfortunately can't guarantee it, which I understand. I guess booking early doesn't make a difference, its what they have available at the time you check in, so here's hoping they have one. The double bed was too small for both of us last year so we ended up sleeping in separate beds the whole time..not ideal for a honeymoon;)

WOO HOO! Just booked our room at Pop Century for our honeymoon, will be there October 19-Oct 28, following 5 nights at the Darkside (Royal Pacific Resort, which I also booked today!) :banana: Starting to feel real now :) AND the hotel room at Pop was $20 cheaper than the rates the Disney site has been advertising for months, so I saved about $180 on my stay, based on last week's prices. The CSR I spoke with was very nice (i even stayed on the phone to complete the survey afterwards because of her). I requested a King size bed and she put the request in but unfortunately can't guarantee it, which I understand. I guess booking early doesn't make a difference, its what they have available at the time you check in, so here's hoping they have one. The double bed was too small for both of us last year so we ended up sleeping in separate beds the whole time..not ideal for a honeymoon;)

Did you state it was your honeymoon? Chances are, because it's the Disney way, they will do everything they can to make the trip special. I'm excited for you! What a wonderful way to celebrate! Congrats!

Did you state it was your honeymoon? Chances are, because it's the Disney way, they will do everything they can to make the trip special. I'm excited for you! What a wonderful way to celebrate! Congrats!

Yes, that was the first question she asked, was if we are celebrating anything, and I told her it was our honeymoon. But we aren't expecting anything extra-we will be happy if our request for a King bed can be fulfilled haha.

hellooo.....helloooo...???

This thread is dead Fred! :rotfl:

Let's start talking gang! :yay:

So I've bought the Unofficial Guide for 2014. Mostly just for fun as I know I can get most of the information from this board. I just really like to have a book in my hands, you know?

We also want to buy the Hidden Mickey's book to have some fun in the parks with. I also saw another interesting one full of Disney parks trivia questions and detailed answers. Just fun books to pass the time until October.
Do you guys have any suggestions?

We've been slowly picking out our "preferred" counter service spots...I think we will hit up the bakery in France a few times! :)
It also seems like our dates fall historically into the free dining period in October, so we would qualify for table service dining, so that's a whole other ball game...we'll see. We bought the quick service because we don't want to be tied down to table service ADR's. We just planned to book those on the fly if we felt like it. Two of us, willing for later seating times....I think we should be okay.

We will be at Beach Club for 9 nights, coming home right before Halloween. I plan to spend at least a couple of those nights with a few glasses of wine watching movies on the beach. :thumbsup2 Maybe another night in Jellyrolls, and the rest drinking our way through food and wine!! Oh and the Halloween Party!!

We plan to take our time this trip and find all the little "secrets" throughout all the parks. Take a lot of pictures. Just really take time to enjoy things. The rides are almost secondary this trip. Almost. ;)

Well anyways, please join in and tell me/us your plans!! And if you see a girl (of 40) with a sweet boy (of 40) wandering around taking silly pictures with their noses in a Hidden Mickey's book, stop us and say hi! We'll buy you a drink and chat your mouse ears off! :p

Looking forward to getting to "know" all of you these next 9 months.:jumping1:

Oh, and if someone could be so kind, what is my date to start making ADR's and fast pass? We checking on 10/21. I'm afraid I'm counting wrong.

Oh, and if someone could be so kind, what is my date to start making ADR's and fast pass? We checking on 10/21. I'm afraid I'm counting wrong.

Sounds like an awesome trip you have planned. Your ADR date is 4/24.

So excited!! The loose plan right now is October 13-25th but our dates are flexible as we see what becomes available. Celebrating my graduation. This is my third trip, DH's second and DS's 1st! :yay: He will be nearly 5 1/2 when we travel and he is unusually tall which is exciting for us.

We are considering resort hopping. Definitely staying at POR, maybe AoA Cars suite, maybe Wilderness Lodge. We are also considering APs so that we can make an adult trip in January. Can't wait to get to know everyone. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter