IT'S OFFICIAL!!!****OCTOBER 2014****...ROLL CALL!! Join the party!

So excited me and the kids are going for our first ever trip Oct, 16-24. The trip is in memory of my husband who just passed.

So excited me and the kids are going for our first ever trip Oct, 16-24. The trip is in memory of my husband who just passed.

Sorry to hear about your loss.......a great way to celebrate a memory of a loved one.

I just subscribed to this thread. We are planning to be in WDW 10/9 - 10/14 at POR. We've done some weekend getaways with the kids, but this is our first really big vacation with DD5 and DS15. With my daughter starting kindergarten, my son turning 16, and me turning 40 this year, we have a lot of reasons to celebrate in 2014. What better place than Disney?!

My birthday is the day after Halloween and I've never missed an opportunity to dress up with the kids, so we are definitely attending MNSSHP while we're there.

We will be at the Wilderness Lodge October 4-12! DS will be 8 by then. Our last visit was October 2009 when he was 3. This will be a much different trip:cool1: Does anyone know if your package has to be paid in full before Disney sends the flash drive package?

May I make a suggestion? Why don't you do a one night stay at one of the Universal Resorts? That will give each member of your family an unlimited Express Pass, plus entry to WWOHP an hour before the general public. The room itself would be much cheaper than GF, so you're practically MAKING money on the Express Pass :) Also, its good for the day you check in and the day you check out, so that's two full days of no waiting in lines!

They are opening a new family suites hotel at Universal, but I beleive that will NOT include the Express Pass, just early entry to WWOHP.

The new Diagon Alley section will be opening in the summer of 2014, and they expect the parks to be extremely busier, so staying onsite might make sense for your family.

We are getting married October 11th, heading to Orlando on the 14th. And I always said I wanted to honeymoon in Disney..my friend told me if I could find a guy to agree to that, I'd BETTER marry him haha. My DFi had never been to Disney before our trip this year, and he loved it so much that HE actually suggested it for our honeymoon :) We look forward to bringing our children there someday. One of my favorite parts of this trip was seeing all the excited kids, and talking to some of them in line (I was also talking to the parents-nothing creepy going on!haha)

Thanks for the suggestion AJ1983; that is a great idea! We are even now considering arriving a couple of days earlier to stay at a Universal Hotel: I have checked the prices and you are right, the Universal hotels cost much less! It would really be worth it, especially with the express pass and early entry to beat the crowds!

It is so wonderful that your fiancé loves Disney as much as you! :cloud9:

We will be at the Wilderness Lodge October 4-12! DS will be 8 by then. Our last visit was October 2009 when he was 3. This will be a much different trip:cool1: Does anyone know if your package has to be paid in full before Disney sends the flash drive package?

Nope, it seems to be totally random who gets one and who doesn't

No, we are not paid in full, and I got one this last week.

A bit off topic...but how do I get my ticker to show up in my signature?

OK then! Never mind.....obviously it did work :blush:

I'm still on the fence. A few months ago my mom gave the go-ahead to us going for my 30th birthday (end of October '14). She's since passed away. Do we go without her?

Oh I am so sorry for the losses posted recently in this thread. :-(

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I am sooooo excited to say that we are going back to WDW in October this year:cool1:! We went last year in February with my husband's parents, sister, nephew and our 3 kids. It was extremely challenging since the people we went with wanted to spend EVERY FREAKING MINUTE TOGETHER. It drove me nuts because I really just wanted to have some time with my family and not have to have a group consensus as to where do we go next... The one good thing that happened on that trip is that we unexpectedly got pregnant with our 4th and final child which we gave birth to this past October.

Well good friends of ours are Vacation Club members and have not been able to go in a few years. They just rented a house on property and have invited our family and another friend's family to join them in Disney for 1 whole week! There will be a total of 7 kids and 6 adults. Each kid will have a buddy the same age as them except for my baby (who will turn 1 while we are there). Plus, our families have done so much together that we can easily separate or be together with out annoying each other. So excited!

It was extremely challenging since the people we went with wanted to spend EVERY FREAKING MINUTE TOGETHER. It drove me nuts because I really just wanted to have some time with my family and not have to have a group consensus as to where do we go next...

:rotfl2: I hear you!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter