It's official: I'm going to Greece! (Update: short teaser Trip Report! :-) )

Sayhello - hi there! I haven't been on the Disboards in a while but I'm now trying to get ready for our Med cruise (non-Disney) and I remembered that you had done the Disney cruise with many of the same ports. Now I see that you might actually have just gone to Greece! If you have any suggestions for our Greece ports (Mykonos - can we do it on our own? Explore the town/see a beach?) and Athens, I would love to hear them. I will also try looking for your trip report, I'm sure it has lots of great ideas. But if over time you have some specific top tips (best restaurant in Barcelona? etc.) I would love to hear them. Thanks.
Sandy
Hey, Sandy! :) I did not go to Mykonos, so I can't help you there (we did Santorini & Crete). In Athens, I highly recommend both the National Archeological Museum and the Museum of the Acropolis. (Of course, you need to do the Acropolis, if you can!) The ancient Agora was also very interesting. For the ancient Agora, I downloaded Rick Steve's app with a walking tour of the place. Really helped me understand what I was seeing. He has a walking tour of the Acropolis, also, but I didn't do that one, since we had our marvelous Adventure Guide there! I ate at a lovely little taverna in the Plaka area below the Acropolis, called Karyatis. It was *way* at the far end of the Plaka! And ABD took us to another taverna there. Unfortunately, the name I have is written in Greek; I'll find the picture & post it for you.

I'm afraid I can't help you much with the best restaurant in Barcelona, either. I ate 2 meals at the hotel, and only ate one meal out. We tried very hard to find this great tapas restaurant that one of my DIS friends researched, but we never did find it, and just ate at this place we found on Las Ramblas. It was OK, but nothing special.

Sorry I'm not being more helpful. :confused3 But let me know what ports you are doing, and I'll *try* to help more if I can!

Sayhello

The Taverna at the far end of the Plaka
P1110411.jpg

The Taverna in the Plaka that ABD took us to.
P1110455.jpg

Sayhello - hi there! I haven't been on the Disboards in a while but I'm now trying to get ready for our Med cruise (non-Disney) and I remembered that you had done the Disney cruise with many of the same ports. Now I see that you might actually have just gone to Greece! If you have any suggestions for our Greece ports (Mykonos - can we do it on our own? Explore the town/see a beach?) and Athens, I would love to hear them. I will also try looking for your trip report, I'm sure it has lots of great ideas. But if over time you have some specific top tips (best restaurant in Barcelona? etc.) I would love to hear them. Thanks.
Sandy

If I may jump in. We ate the best seafood in a restaurant named La Barca Del Salamanca. Address: Moll de Gregal, Port Olimpic, Barcelona. Tel. 93 221 18 37. We stumbled upon this local joint as we walked along the shore of the Med. It is located in the sailing park set up for the Olympics. The place was rockin and lucky we went early. The waitstaff was fabulous and at the end they bring you comp. apple liquor and desserts. I had the Paella and my wife had fish along with my daughter had shrimp. All were wonderful. But then again we have eaten in store fronts downtown that have never been disappointed.

I am so excited to hear all about your trip! An all adults ABD to Greece is something I would definitely consider. Pls continue this :flower3:

I am so excited to hear all about your trip! An all adults ABD to Greece is something I would definitely consider. Pls continue this :flower3:
I will do so! I plan a full Trip Report, with tons of pictures! I just have to get past having house guests next week, and then I'll be able to focus on it!

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter