• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

It's Offical, the Mattherhorn is getting new Bobsleds.

BTW if anyone is unaware of this refurbishment.

Jan. 9 – June 14, 2012: The Matterhorn Bobsleds will be closed for refurbishment.

woulda made more sense to change em last year when they had it down
They were probably down last year to get the track ready to accommodate the new bobsleds. With the track updated, they can begin testing the new sleds.

Still they should have done it all at once. It would have made more sence. Mayby it wasnt in the plans so and they decide dto do it afterwards.

We're here now and just had someone from housekeeping in our room who told us they were also doing structural repairs during this time as apparently the Matterhorn has been sinking for years.

I'm sad to see them go. This is one of my 4-yr-old's favorite rides because she gets to snuggle with me in the vehicle...Worse yet, it won't be up again until after our APs expire. That's a long refurb, but I guess structural fixes take time.

Mixed feelings on this... I liked holding dd on this ride... now I'm going to have to bribe her to ride it :scared1:

But, maybe the ride will be smoother and not bruise me up like it used to... and that will be sooo much better!

Bummer!! My DD4 loves this ride so much. Sitting all alone might be to much for her. If it was side by side like Space, ok.

Oh well!! At least we got to ride it together when we did.

Very excited, not a fan of the rides and it could be due to the bobsleds, looking forward to trying the new sleds!!!
:thumbsup2

Very excited, not a fan of the rides and it could be due to the bobsleds, looking forward to trying the new sleds!!!
:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter