It's not looking too good for my dad

MickeysMommy

DIS Veteran
My mom called me before (he had the MRI on Wednesday and the Bone Scan this afternoon) and told me the oncologist called her this morning with the news of they are leaning towards myeloma and not osteoporosis like we had hoped. He has to go in on Tuesday (my birthday :( ) for a bone marrow biopsy and then I guess we will go from there.

This has been really devastating for me as I am an only child and extremely close to my parents. I was too young to really understand when he first had colon cancer (17 years ago) and they found it so early that although he had to have chemo it was the lowest dose. I don't know what I am going to do. I have researched on the net about myeloma and although it is treatable, it is not cureable. However, my father's spirits are still up and he has a wonderful personality so we have to be strong for him. This might hit my mother hard as they have been married for 44 years (I was going to take them both to Disney next year to celebrate their 45th...hopefully we will still get there to do just that!)

Please continue to keep him in your prayers...

I am so sorry to hear about your dad. Prayers for your dad and {{{HUGS}}} for you.

I'm sorry to hear this. :(

I'll keep your family in my prayers.

I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. I hope the biopsy shows that they're wrong. I'll remember him in my prayers. (((hugs)))

Oh i'm sorry...I hope that you'll be celebrating their 45th with them as planned - prayers for you all.

You haven't left my prayer list since you initially told us about your father.

I'll keep you there and offer up an extra or two as well!

The fact that your dad has high spirits are half the battle........bless him and his cheery nature!

Your dad remains in my prayers, Stacey, along with good wishes. Sure hoping for a good report next week.

Hugs,

Dan

I'm sorry that they are thinking it isn't osteoporosis. It is so hard to have to face a serious illness in a parent but it is especially hard if you are an only child.

Remember that we are always here if you need us and that we care. I'm keeping your father and <i>you</i> in my prayers. Hang in there and keep us posted.

Katholyn

I'm so sorry. I hope that you somehow get some good news soon. I'll keep you and your Mom and Dad in my prayers.

I'm sorry to hear this but am still praying for better news.

Take care of yourself.

I'm so sorry to hear this, Stacey. :(

Tuesday is my birthday too and I will be thinking about you and saying a prayer for your Dad that day!

Take care,
Cathy

I am so sorry to hear about your dad. :(

It is extra hard when you don't have any siblings to lean on. I'll keep your family in my prayers.

Continued prayers, for your dad. I really hope you hear some good news next week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter