• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

It's NEVER Too Late, for Number 8 - the most UNOFFICIAL, 'official' AKL thread yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Refillable cups... Worth it?

I don't get them because I'd be refilling it probably twenty times a day. I much rather like getting soda delivered to the room or picking it up whenever I'm thirsty. Just my feeling though, I know a lot of people get them.

Hello all:cool1:

I've missed about 10 pages, what else is new:sad2: Hope everyone is having a good week.

Scott and I had decided the other day that we do want park tickets if we can scrimp and save for them....Then the car died:sad1: Not dead, we left it to get fixed tosday-$800:crazy2: There go the park tickets idea right out the window! Unless a miracle happens, you never know!

Planning on arriving the 21st now instead of the 22nd, because the airfare is awfully expensive:eek:

I've missed about 10 pages, what else is new:sad2: Hope everyone is having a good week.

Scott and I had decided the other day that we do want park tickets if we can scrimp and save for them....Then the car died:sad1: Not dead, we left it to get fixed tosday-$800:crazy2: There go the park tickets idea right out the window! Unless a miracle happens, you never know!

Planning on arriving the 21st now instead of the 22nd, because the airfare is awfully expensive:eek:

Sorry to hear about the car.... pixiedust: hopefully you will find some pixiedust...
I updated your dates.

Afternoon J's & K's - hope everyone is well!!! All here good, watching it rain!! :)

Congratulations on your trip to Aulani. I can't wait to hear all about it.

Corinna

:)

Wendy, have fun planning your trip to Aulani!

We should plan together - lol!!! ;)

Hello Jamborinis and Kidanites!

I just spent the last week on Amelia Island, FL. It is north of Jacksonville. We really liked it and are strongly considering retiring there in about 5 years.

Ohhh, I LOVE Amelia Island, haven't been in years, but it's gorgeous!!! :thumbsup2

Hi everyone, I think we have figured out our vacation dates maybe :).

On the 5th do Universal and move to our disney hotel. Then the 6th to the 11th is Disney world, the 12th is the half marathon and hang out around downtown disney/run disney events. Then leave on the 13th for home.

These dates are all JAN.

They also have announced that military can possibly get 40% off select hotels, I am going to call them here in a little bit change my dates and see if I can get the discount.

YAY on the discount - that's awesome!!

Can't book till October...(booking through SW) BUT....its official . Going May 7-13! :):):):)

:thumbsup2

Happy Friday Jamborinis and Kidanites!
zebra-domes.jpg

YUMM - Thanks Linda!!

Happy Friday Js & Ks!

Linda, thanks for the domes. :goodvibes

HEY!!! -- did you get my PM? :)

I have had a go-round with Disney Dining this morning. Advanced booking for the deminars for F&W was available for TiW, AP and DVC and supposedly not open until 8:00. So I slept in a bit and got up at 7:30 to be greeted with a message from a friend who had already booked her events! The first CM I got said I could not book until after 8:00. So, what did I do?

I called back until I got the answer I wanted, of course. :rotfl:

UGGHHH - I hate when they do that!! I saw DVC could call early - wish they hadn't messed you around though. Did you get everything you wanted?? :)

Very cool, as soon as you get dates, just let me know and I will add you to the list.... Hmm, I might have a bit of shopping for you if you are up to it.... :rolleyes1

Well, since I WILL be shopping anyway, you know, picking up some things for you would be my pleasure!!! ;) LOL -- and our dates are tenatively for May 18 -June 4th.

Haven't been around much lately but wanted to say that we will be staying at a 2BR Lockoff at Kidani from June 2-8, 2013. :cool1: We booked a standard view and I thought I was booking Jambo House but when I got the confirmation it was for Kidani. I decided to stick with it since it will have 3 bathrooms and there are 5 (possible 6) adults on this trip. This is part of my oldest daughter's wedding gift (she got married last Saturday). We am giving her, her new husband and her son the lockoff portion. DH and I will have the master bedroom and my other DD will have the sleeper sofa in the living area. This is 2 year's worth of points for us so we want to make the most of it. We haven't stayed at AKV since 2010, so I am looking forward to it.

How nice, you'll love Kidani!!! :)

Hey Girl!!!! Sorry to hear about your car!! Sending you pixie dust!!! pixiedust:

Can't book till October...(booking through SW) BUT....its official . Going May 7-13! :):):):)

Congratulations! :dance3:

Happy Friday Jamborinis and Kidanites!
zebra-domes.jpg

Oh those look yummy!

I have had a go-round with Disney Dining this morning. Advanced booking for the deminars for F&W was available for TiW, AP and DVC and supposedly not open until 8:00. So I slept in a bit and got up at 7:30 to be greeted with a message from a friend who had already booked her events! The first CM I got said I could not book until after 8:00. So, what did I do?

I called back until I got the answer I wanted, of course. :rotfl:
Woohoo! Waiting to hear back from SMIL so we can book ours. :yay:

:wave2: Happy Friday everyone! Thank you Linda from the Z-domes :goodvibes

Been a little nuts in our corner of the world lately. Looks like our Disney plans are.......gulp........changing. Have to run for haircut and shopping, will be back with details.

Ann

dgbg100106 said:
You have been added to the list!

Pinkocto said:
Congratulations!!!

Pinkocto said:
I don't get them because I'd be refilling it probably twenty times a day. I much rather like getting soda delivered to the room or picking it up whenever I'm thirsty. Just my feeling though, I know a lot of people get them.

YoYoAurora said:
Congratulations! :dance3:

Oh those look yummy!

Woohoo! Waiting to hear back from SMIL so we can book ours. :yay:

Thanks!!
And hmmm on the cups.

Been a little nuts in our corner of the world lately. Looks like our Disney plans are.......gulp........changing. Have to run for haircut and shopping, will be back with details.

Ann

foul... i call foul.... That is not fair... dropping a bomb like that and then running off.....

FOUL.....

Hi everyone, I think we have figured out our vacation dates maybe :).

On the 5th do Universal and move to our disney hotel. Then the 6th to the 11th is Disney world, the 12th is the half marathon and hang out around downtown disney/run disney events. Then leave on the 13th for home.

These dates are all JAN.

They also have announced that military can possibly get 40% off select hotels, I am going to call them here in a little bit change my dates and see if I can get the discount.

That is fantastic news about the discount. I hope it works out. Your plans sound great.

I am sorry about the car and hope that there will be some pixie dust.

Ann

That sounds intriguing. I hope it is good news.

Corinna

Ann

I hope that your haircut and shopping are really worth it - leaving us hanging like that. :lmao:

Jen, I'm sorry about your car.:sad2:

Hope this helps with park tickets. pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

This might be too random/specific to get an answer about, but has anyone here done both the Wild Africa Trek AND the Wanyama Safari? We did the WAT back in March of 2011 before the price went up and it was new, but I am considering doing the WS this time too. Do you think the two are too similar in nature to make it worth it? It looks like they do not offer a discount to passholders or anyone else for the WS and $170 pp is pretty steep (Im guessing it is pretax too!) even if the dinner at Jiko IS included. I think in order to get the husband on board I would have to give up on V&As this trip (we may still do Remy on the ship but I may have to give up that too) but I really do love animals and tours in general... I just don't want to get a feeling of dejavu, you know? Thanks! :D

This might be too random/specific to get an answer about, but has anyone here done both the Wild Africa Trek AND the Wanyama Safari? We did the WAT back in March of 2011 before the price went up and it was new, but I am considering doing the WS this time too. Do you think the two are too similar in nature to make it worth it? It looks like they do not offer a discount to passholders or anyone else for the WS and $170 pp is pretty steep (Im guessing it is pretax too!) even if the dinner at Jiko IS included. I think in order to get the husband on board I would have to give up on V&As this trip (we may still do Remy on the ship but I may have to give up that too) but I really do love animals and tours in general... I just don't want to get a feeling of dejavu, you know? Thanks! :D

We have done both. There are some similarities between the two.

The Wanyama Safari is an opportunity to spend time with members from the AKL's animal programs team. Learn about the natural history and management of the animal collection at the AKL.

After the safari, there is a family style dinner at Jiko. The menu begins with traditional African dips, breads and appetizers. The entrees include vegan, vegetarian and meat-based dishes, like oak roasted filet of beef and chermoula roasted chicken. The meal ends with choices from the sweet dessert platter. Wine is also served with each course.

Kathy

I've been looking, listening and getting GREAT info from this group...thanks you guys! I am ALL TOO EXCITED to include my dates which are...3 DAYS AWAY!! We are staying 8/12-8/17 at AKL, Jambo House Villas. Can you feel our excitement?? Thanks for understanding:thumbsup2 :lmao: :cheer2:

I've been looking, listening and getting GREAT info from this group...thanks you guys! I am ALL TOO EXCITED to include my dates which are...3 DAYS AWAY!! We are staying 8/12-8/17 at AKL, Jambo House Villas. Can you feel our excitement?? Thanks for understanding:thumbsup2 :lmao: :cheer2:

:yay::yay::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::woohoo::woohoo:

We have done both. There are some similarities between the two.

The Wanyama Safari is an opportunity to spend time with members from the AKL's animal programs team. Learn about the natural history and management of the animal collection at the AKL.

After the safari, there is a family style dinner at Jiko. The menu begins with traditional African dips, breads and appetizers. The entrees include vegan, vegetarian and meat-based dishes, like oak roasted filet of beef and chermoula roasted chicken. The meal ends with choices from the sweet dessert platter. Wine is also served with each course.

Kathy

Did you feel like there were so many similarities that it would be silly to pay $170 pp though..? Or was it different enough that you did not regret a thing? We can always book a dinner at Jiko so the animal part would be the draw..!

Hi everyone,

Just a quick question i'm hoping someone here can answer. We are going to disney for Christmas staying in a 2br villa. I wanted to bake some cookies one night and have figured I would mix up all the dry ingredients in zip lock bags and bring em with us and then order the wet ingredients from garden grocer. My question is, Does anyone know if they have cookie sheets in the villas?

tia,
Jodi

Ann

:rolleyes1 popcorn::

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter