It's NEVER Too Late, for Number 8 - the most UNOFFICIAL, 'official' AKL thread yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like DH & Daddy, (JD) is a knight in shining armour, potty to the young man who may never met her standards...

::yes:: JD's a keeper!! He just texted "Awesome concert! We are headed to Meet & Greet now" so he's having a good time too! (I imagine Tori is walking on air about now!! :rotfl:)

How are you enjoying our storm:rolleyes: we made it back to AKL just in time. Guess its dinner at Mara tonight! I'm not going anywhere in this!

Glad you are having a good time anyway!

Hi to all AKL & Kadani groupies. Sorry that I have been MIA most of this week....difficult week. Our friend who has cancer has been very ill, he is not doing well at all.

I am looking forward to the weekend and working on my trip notebook. Yes, I am one of "those" who tries to have everything organized. I decided this year to put it in a 3 ring binder and use index dividers. I usually just print up stuff and stick it in a manila envelope. :rolleyes1 This will be much easier as I will have things under dividers in order of our trip. That way I can just take out what I need that day. Up to October 5th that is. :upsidedow I know you are all waiting to ask so here is the answer, no, he is not giving even a breath of a hint. :rolleyes1

Wishing all those heading out on their trips a wonderful, pixie dust filled, vacation with decent weather and no hurricanes. :worship:

Have to read back to catch up on what I have missed....a lot of pages.

So what has been going on...you all look the same with lots of boo boo's. Looks like you all have been very, very naughty. :rotfl:

Ann

Sorry to hear about your friend.

Hi, Js & Ks! : :wave2:

The party was a huge hit. Bob's Dad had no idea we were coming and one of his brothers also showed up unannounced. It was a great time. I am tired from driving over 600 miles in the past 24 hours. but I am so glad I took Bob to see his Dad on such an important day!

IMAG0094-4.jpg

Looks like it was a lovely party!

I have to tell you all what a great DH I have. Tori thinks he's the best daddy in the whole, wide world!!

Tori is enamored (ok, obsessed) with country singer Hunter Hayes. She found out he was appearing at a fair in Tennessee and HAD to go!!!

Daddy was on the phone one morning, about a month ago, doing the Disney-type dialing to get through! He scored tickets to the concert!

This morning he made the 90 minute drive to Tori's college (mind you, he just got home from Knoxville TN last night!); drove the 5+ hours to Gray, TN. They've spent the entire day doing the rides at the fair. (He doesn't love those carnival-type rides!!!) JD bought Tori $30 worth of merchandise to get a bracelet for the Hunter Hayes Meet & Greet after the show!! Only 40 were available so it might not be a total zoo!!

Tori is as giddy as a little kid!!! JD was hoping to be able to leave after the show (probably 10:30 or 11 tonight) and make the 5+ hour drive back to college, then come home. He will have to wait while Tori is in the Meet & Greet since he didn't get a bracelet!!! :laughing:

I hope they don't end up driving back tonight, but JD said he's still planning to make the drive. :sad2:

What magical memories!

Evening J's & K's - WOW - are we getting a soaking!!! I can only imagine what our friends down in fl. are getting!!!

I love 'em.

But then, I like coffee, chocolate, and booze. They're right in my culinary wheelhouse. :)

We're like twinnies!!! LOL - well, minus the coffee - :rolleyes1

Well I like to eat coffee flavored things but I don't drink coffee.....

Booze a.k.a. germ killer is in my wheelhouse

LOL - same here, I never drink coffee, but love the flavor - in Japan, they have these coffee bean candies, OMG they are awesome!!!

I agree...they lose something when they're cold. When we buy them at the Mara, we always open the container and let them "breath" for about 30 min before we dig in.

Agree - you are right, the key is to let them breathe for a little bit!!

How are you enjoying our storm:rolleyes: we made it back to AKL just in time. Guess its dinner at Mara tonight! I'm not going anywhere in this!

OH lord, I feel for you, we are getting it bad here, I can only imagine. Stay safe!!

Hi to all AKL & Kadani groupies. Sorry that I have been MIA most of this week....difficult week. Our friend who has cancer has been very ill, he is not doing well at all.

I am looking forward to the weekend and working on my trip notebook. Yes, I am one of "those" who tries to have everything organized. I decided this year to put it in a 3 ring binder and use index dividers. I usually just print up stuff and stick it in a manila envelope. :rolleyes1 This will be much easier as I will have things under dividers in order of our trip. That way I can just take out what I need that day. Up to October 5th that is. :upsidedow I know you are all waiting to ask so here is the answer, no, he is not giving even a breath of a hint. :rolleyes1

Wishing all those heading out on their trips a wonderful, pixie dust filled, vacation with decent weather and no hurricanes. :worship:

Have to read back to catch up on what I have missed....a lot of pages.

So what has been going on...you all look the same with lots of boo boo's. Looks like you all have been very, very naughty. :rotfl:

Ann

Hugs Ann, sorry to hear about your friend. Prayers sent your way!

Hi, Js & Ks! : :wave2:

The party was a huge hit. Bob's Dad had no idea we were coming and one of his brothers also showed up unannounced. It was a great time. I am tired from driving over 600 miles in the past 24 hours. but I am so glad I took Bob to see his Dad on such an important day!

IMAG0094-4.jpg

Awwww - how sweet Elin. YOU are an angel!!! I know it must've been a special time for all!! Hugs

I have to tell you all what a great DH I have. Tori thinks he's the best daddy in the whole, wide world!!

Tori is enamored (ok, obsessed) with country singer Hunter Hayes. She found out he was appearing at a fair in Tennessee and HAD to go!!!

Daddy was on the phone one morning, about a month ago, doing the Disney-type dialing to get through! He scored tickets to the concert!

This morning he made the 90 minute drive to Tori's college (mind you, he just got home from Knoxville TN last night!); drove the 5+ hours to Gray, TN. They've spent the entire day doing the rides at the fair. (He doesn't love those carnival-type rides!!!) JD bought Tori $30 worth of merchandise to get a bracelet for the Hunter Hayes Meet & Greet after the show!! Only 40 were available so it might not be a total zoo!!

Tori is as giddy as a little kid!!! JD was hoping to be able to leave after the show (probably 10:30 or 11 tonight) and make the 5+ hour drive back to college, then come home. He will have to wait while Tori is in the Meet & Greet since he didn't get a bracelet!!! :laughing:

I hope they don't end up driving back tonight, but JD said he's still planning to make the drive. :sad2:

AWWWW - JD - how sweet!!! What a great Daddy!!!

Yeah if you like your Cajun tag, I'd best not veture over there, although you could become Cajun Boo Boo! :rotfl2:

Yeah, I'm NOT heading over there - NO WAY!!! The Tag Fairy is not a fan of mine............ as you all know!!! hahahhaha

::yes:: JD's a keeper!! He just texted "Awesome concert! We are headed to Meet & Greet now" so he's having a good time too! (I imagine Tori is walking on air about now!! :rotfl:)

Love it!!! I remember one time my dad doing all he could do to take me to see KISS - :)

Good morning and Happy Saturday Js & Ks!! :wave2:

I am almost packed! :woohoo:

To update my story last night, JD & Tori made it home 4:30 this morning!! Tori met her beloved Hunter Hayes at the Meet & Greet! He signed her CD, ticket stub, hugged her and talked to her a bit so she is still on cloud 9!! :cloud9:

:laughing: Daddy done good for his little girl!! :thumbsup2

To update my story last night, JD & Tori made it home 4:30 this morning!! Tori met her beloved Hunter Hayes at the Meet & Greet! He signed her CD, ticket stub, hugged her and talked to her a bit so she is still on cloud 9!! :cloud9:

I have seen the look in JD's eyes when he sees Tori... I never doubted he would do something this awesome for her. :love:

Have a great trip, my friend. Wish I was going to be there with you!!

Apparently we have not had enough traveling this week: We are going to visit Kristin today! :yay: It is restaurant week in Alexandria and a lunch date is in order. :goodvibes

That is so sweet....

You only have 1 day until Disney.... You have NOT packed yet right?

So I have to tell you that my Daddy still calls my Little Girl! I have a VM on my phone that I continue to save, that starts off "Hey Little Girl...." I will always be my Daddy's little girl...

I have seen the look in JD's eyes when he sees Tori... I never doubted he would do something this awesome for her. :love:

Have a great trip, my friend. Wish I was going to be there with you!!

Apparently we have not had enough traveling this week: We are going to visit Kristin today! :yay: It is restaurant week in Alexandria and a lunch date is in order. :goodvibes

Thanks Elin! :hug: I wish you were going to WDW too, but I think you have a pretty special day planned with Kristin! I'd love to hear about restaurant week in Alexandria! :goodvibes (of course, you will provide pictures! ;))

That is so sweet....

You only have 1 day until Disney.... You have NOT packed yet right?

I'm heading to the airport hotel in a couple hours, so I had to pack already! :blush: (but I waited till late last night and this morning to do it, if that counts! :rotfl:)

Thanks Elin! :hug: I wish you were going to WDW too, but I think you have a pretty special day planned with Kristin! I'd love to hear about restaurant week in Alexandria! :goodvibes (of course, you will provide pictures! ;))

I'm heading to the airport hotel in a couple hours, so I had to pack already! :blush: (but I waited till late last night and this morning to do it, if that counts! :rotfl:)

That is much better, I am glad you waited until last night and this morning!...:laughing: :hug:hope you have an amazing time

Bob and I talked seriously about finding a time when we could just go to AKL and not do the parks (we could both be OK with that) and RELAX... now if there was a great airfare for a time I could go! :rotfl:

Bob and I talked seriously about finding a time when we could just go to AKL and not do the parks (we could both be OK with that) and RELAX... now if there was a great airfare for a time I could go! :rotfl:

David and I have talked about the same thing... Just enjoy the resort and dinners out..

I am looking forward to the weekend and working on my trip notebook. Yes, I am one of "those" who tries to have everything organized. I decided this year to put it in a 3 ring binder and use index dividers. ...

:hug: I am sorry about your friend and will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

I'm a binder gal myself and have one zippered notebook that is exclusively dedicated to our Disney trips. I made the tabs a few years ago. It keeps us organized and we always know where our information is. It's in the Disney binder. It really impressed my oldest brother when we took him to Disneyland last summer. (I'm such a good sister!) :goodvibes

I also put in some zippered plastic inserts for small items, extra luggage tags and lots of pens, pencils and highlighters. And I have some business card pages to hold any cards I get from restaurants or other people/places.

Which reminds me, I need to get to work on information to add to my binder! :woohoo:

....I missed the ZD's yesterday.....oh boy - I had to settle for cannoli wedding cake and chocolate-covered strawberries instead....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter