• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

It's My Birthday & I'll Disney if I Wanna! ~ A Dec 2015 PTR - COMPLETE!

That's actually a great suggestion, and I actually very seriously debated this! But in the end, here's my reasoning:

1. Keep in mind that I have to use all three FP+ in just a 3 hour window... 4pm-7pm.
2. IASW and the Carousel are the only two things in MK my aunt has specifically asked for, and I think it would be wonderful to make those the very first things we do upon arrival. Can you imagine how it would screw with my plans (not to mention disappoint her) if at 4:15pm, we walked up to IASW and it had a long wait? I figured better safe than sorry.
3. I'm trying to do things in some sort of relative order to eliminate running back and forth across Fantasyland. IASW/Peter Pan are down closer to Liberty Square, while Pooh is down closer to Storybook Circus (which will be our next destination).
4. We're definitely doing a FP+ for 7DMT, which is directly across from Pooh. Using a FP for both could cause problems if we finish one before the other's window opens.
5. There's a good chance that Pooh is getting skipped anyhow. My aunt LOVES Pooh, however... she has pretty severe motion sickness issues, and I worry that certain parts of it will be too twisty/jerky for her. Plus I already have us booked at Crystal Palace for a Pooh breakfast for her, so it won't be a huge deal if we can't ride, either because she may not be able to handle it, it or just because we're running short on time.

There you go. The method to my madness. :crazy:

So, what does it say about me that I completed followed and understood the method to you madness?? :) LOL

That's actually a great suggestion, and I actually very seriously debated this! But in the end, here's my reasoning:

1. Keep in mind that I have to use all three FP+ in just a 3 hour window... 4pm-7pm.
2. IASW and the Carousel are the only two things in MK my aunt has specifically asked for, and I think it would be wonderful to make those the very first things we do upon arrival. Can you imagine how it would screw with my plans (not to mention disappoint her) if at 4:15pm, we walked up to IASW and it had a long wait? I figured better safe than sorry.
3. I'm trying to do things in some sort of relative order to eliminate running back and forth across Fantasyland. IASW/Peter Pan are down closer to Liberty Square, while Pooh is down closer to Storybook Circus (which will be our next destination).
4. We're definitely doing a FP+ for 7DMT, which is directly across from Pooh. Using a FP for both could cause problems if we finish one before the other's window opens.
5. There's a good chance that Pooh is getting skipped anyhow. My aunt LOVES Pooh, however... she has pretty severe motion sickness issues, and I worry that certain parts of it will be too twisty/jerky for her. Plus I already have us booked at Crystal Palace for a Pooh breakfast for her, so it won't be a huge deal if we can't ride, either because she may not be able to handle it, it or just because we're running short on time.

There you go. The method to my madness. :crazy:

All makes complete sense. And the majority of us on the Dis will read this and go ::yes:: :thumbsup2
And then there are our less informed Disney friends and family who, after hearing this explanation, would look at us like :confused: :faint:

There you go. The method to my madness.

I knew there had to be Billie...and I was hesitant to question your brilliant planning lol...but you did ask us to rip it apart lol

And the majority of us on the Dis will read this and go

Yup, totally. After reading your logic, it makes perfect sense all over!

less informed Disney friends and family who, after hearing this explanation, would look at us like :confused: :faint:

OMG so funny...anyone else listening/reading this conversation...their eyes would glaze over and they would be all "I can't believe you just spent x amount of time debating the merits of how Billie came to the conclusion of getting an FP+ for IASW.....if they even realized that we were speaking English lol

So, what does it say about me that I completed followed and understood the method to you madness?? :) LOL
It says that you're AWESOME. :thumbsup2

All makes complete sense. And the majority of us on the Dis will read this and go ::yes:: :thumbsup2
Which is exactly why ya'll are my people! :grouphug:

And then there are our less informed Disney friends and family who, after hearing this explanation, would look at us like :confused: :faint:
Even my co-workers in the travel industry look at me like that when I get into this kind of deep Disney planning. :blush:

I knew there had to be Billie...and I was hesitant to question your brilliant planning lol...but you did ask us to rip it apart lol
Yes I did, and I very much appreciate it!!! :hug:

Yup, totally. After reading your logic, it makes perfect sense all over!
Thanks! Now let's just hope it works in practice, not just in theory! :scratchin

OMG so funny...anyone else listening/reading this conversation...their eyes would glaze over and they would be all "I can't believe you just spent x amount of time debating the merits of how Billie came to the conclusion of getting an FP+ for IASW.....if they even realized that we were speaking English lol
GHcNHoi4s679C.gif

I just thought of something - with IASW and Peter Pan being literally right across from each other ... it might make sense to hit IASW at the very end of your window and Peter Pan next, at the very beginning of the window. Less walking that way.
(Although the carousel is a decent detour ... not too far)

I just thought of something - with IASW and Peter Pan being literally right across from each other ... it might make sense to hit IASW at the very end of your window and Peter Pan next, at the very beginning of the window. Less walking that way.
(Although the carousel is a decent detour ... not too far)
You're so smart, Sarah! I didn't get into it, but this is actually, this is exactly why I want our window for IASW top open around 3:30-3:45 or so, even though we can't enter the park until 4pm. However, I seem to always make insanely good time on things. So the idea is that if we finish IASW and it's still not time for PP yet, we'll dip down and do our Carousel ride, like you see on the chart. However, if they DO end up overlapping (as I am hoping), then we'll follow IASW up immediately with PP, then head to the Carousel and do as much as we can in Fantasyland before our 7DMT window opens up. :thumbsup2

The comment about our planning abilities has me cracking up...I know that glazed over eye look! It happens way too often!

70 days until FP+! :cutie:
130 days until WDW!
:hyper:

Hey, ya'll! :grouphug:

Okay, I really don't have anything all that interesting to write about again this week! This lull between ADRs and FP+ absolutely SUCKS! :sad:

My aunt and uncle were here over the weekend for my Grandpa's 76th birthday. I totally didn't take pictures. Whoops. :blush: Ya'll will just have to wait until December to meet them, sorry!

We had a good time, though. I was able to spend Thur-Sat evenings with them after work. I tried to talk to them a bit about my WDW plans for us, but their eyes started to glaze over... :faint: So I gave it up, and they'll just have to be surprised when we get there! :thumbsup2

Hopefully next week I should have a better update for you, since this weekend is supposed to be IRON-ON weekend! I'm going over to my Mama's house on Sunday afternoon to see what we can accomplish with the three t-shirts. I'm also scrapping one of the designs and starting over. I realized that the Christmas Minnie & Mickey that I bought on Etsy just isn't going to work on a red t-shirt. So I've bought transfer paper, and have tried my hand at designing my own!

christmas%20ironon.png

Sadly I don't have access to Photoshop anymore, so I did the best I could with Paint and Word... and a Google image search of course (which I figure is fine, since it's for my personal use, not for sale). Also, the green is REALLY bright on the computer screen, but when it prints, it's much darker. ::yes:: I did December 4 because it's the commencement date of our trip, and also the night we will be at MVMCP. I am considering changing to December 4-11 though, as that's our full dates for this trip. Decisions! :scratchin If my shirt turns out well, I might send a picture of it to Aunt Debby and see if she wants me to make one for her and my uncle, too. How cute would we be! :cutie:

Right now I'm planning on hopefully picking up a few pairs of capri pants, if I can find some that I like, in my size, and don't cost a small fortune. Average daytime temps that week in Orlando is historically in the high 70s, but a bit chillier at night. This is my preferred weather, so I'll probably wear shorts during the day, and change into capri pants during our mid-day breaks before heading back out. I'll probably work on that in October or November. Right now, with this trip paid for, all of my extra pennies are going towards saving up for a new laptop, as mine is teetering on the brink of imminent death. It's gonna happen any day, so I'm praying it holds out until I have enough to buy a new one! :scared:

I've also already started packing. Is that weird? :confused3
Still no Candlelight Processional narrator announced for Dec. 10th. :surfweb:

That's really it! July is almost over, so that's one more month closer! Towards the end of August, I get to do my double-digits dance. In September, I should be able to get our Universal tickets from my friend who who works there. October is FastPass+ booking day. November is single-digit dance. December is WOOO DISNEY TIME!!! :earsgirl:

Last edited:
I love the new graphic!!! I think you did a great job, even without Photoshop. I can't wait to see how it looks on the shirt!

Oh, the quest for weather appropriate bottoms ...
I like the idea of changing during your mid-day break - I hope you can find some good, affordable capris (it's not always easy!)

And yes, it is weird that you've started packing. Not at all surprising, but weird. But that's okay, we love you anyway!

We've been that week several times and layering really is key. It could be 80 one day and 50 the next! Crazy!
The design is great for not having Photoshop! If you have Microsoft Publisher, that is pretty good for design, too!!!

I think I will probably struggle with what to pack for this trip. I am used to wearing dresses and shorts at Disney but the Deecember temps may be a challenge, will have to pack a wide range of items. We don't do mid-day breaks so changing like you plan to do is not an option for me.

I love your graphic! So cute! If it were me I'd probably put the dates of the whole trip though, just cuz my memory sucks and I'd want to look back at it and remember the dates of the whole trip. :P
I am the queen of Capri pants! I even wear them all winter long. Our clients make fun of us because I wear Capri's and DH wears shorts year round, only a blizzard can get us in reg. long pants! At 5'3" they are easier for me to find than regular length pants!:) Kohl's clearance rack is my best friend. Do you have a Kohl's where you are?

Loving your design, how about just putting December 2015?

We went from about the 12th to 22nd December and sometimes it was boiling and we were swimming then the next we were glad we'd packed our jumpers and jackets :rotfl2:

That graphic is so cute! Great job, Billie! I can't wait to see the final result.

Shouldn't there be a tiara in there somewhere, though?

I read you update title and thought it said ghetto "pant" skillz. After you pants-free update I wasn't sure what I was going to find ; )

But on to your ghetto paint skills, it looks really good. No chance I would have thought you didn't put that together with Photoshop. Maybe you should sell it ; )

And yes, since you asked, it is completely weird you started packing. But that's why we like ya!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter