It's May 22nd...who is still running their furnaces?

Two days ago it was in the double digits here and my AC was running on and off all day, with two fans on in the house 24/7. Yesterday it was blustery, but the sun was out, fans on but no AC. Today is perfect weather, but set at 83 degrees for the animals at home, I'm sure the AC will kick on at least once or twice.

Don't be envious. I'd rather be huddling under the covers than sweating like a pig. :rotfl:

We are still running our furnace. Us and the kids could deal with the cold, but my mom who lives with us can't, so we still run it. Thank goodness she helps pay for the heat and electric, because her oxygen machines runs 24/7.

We are. I just heard it come on and instantly got angry:mad:
I sent dd to school in her winter coat this morning as the spring one was just to thin:headache:
It is supposed to warm up and stay warm here tomorrow though.:)

I have a wall-mounted electric heater here at the lake.. (Luckily I'm on the budget plan or the monthly bills while I'm here would kill me..) There are still many nights - and even some very damp and chilly days - when I have to use it.. I keep it around 60 degrees in here, but I'll be glad when I can turn it off till late August/early September.. Of course once the heat goes off, the a/c goes on, but again - with the budget plan it's all very doable.. I pay around $68 a month - and that includes my DD's travel trailer running off of my electricty on a continual basis from April to October - and my DD's in-law's when they come up in their camper van for the weekend..

I'm another Michigander and YES! This morning (every morning) I turn the furnace on when I get up. Only for a few hours and then I shut it off. I shouldn't though...it's not that cold. I could wear more clothes but my hands are frozen! Won't last too much longer though. I hope anyway.

The last few mornings have been cold. The thermostat is set at 60, and the heat has turned on the last 4 days! It's chilly :scared: .

:sad2: :sad2: :sad2: yes mine is still on here in upstate NY! it's really only been in the 40's! This weekend it's supposed to be in the 70's so the furnace is going off!!!:banana:

Switched the heat pump from "heat" to "A/C" the beginning of April, but had to use a small space heater in the bathroom a couple of mornings through mid-April. Very unusual!

Two days ago we were seriously flirting with 110 degrees (109 was forecast, but think we topped out at 108); tomorrow it's supposed to be 73 degrees! *eek* Good news is it's supposed to be in the 80s to low 90s over Memorial Day weekend. That's unusual--it's usually 100+ degrees!

I agree with the PP who said it's been the wackiest weather year for the past 30 years--which is how long I've lived here! *LOL*

I have a turtle neck on under my sweatshirt. Broke down and turned the heat on this morning for maybe 1/2 hour to get the house up to 60 then turned it off. Thankfully the sun came out today and the upstairs is comfortable. But I hear 78 come Monday in NE Ohio:cool1:

I had to turn it on Tuesday just to take the chill out of the house when I got home from work. My poor cat's ears and paw's were freezing. It's crazy!!! It's off now, we just have been bundling up!!

Cyndi

I am glad I am not alone. I refuse to turn the heat on (i just drove by the oil company and oil is now $4.29/gal) I just make everyone bundle up! We are finally getting warmer weather this weekend. HURRY UP SPRING.

Illinois has been chilly too! The temp dropped 10 deg in one hour this afternoon. All the kids came inside because they were freezing. Oh, I hope we don't get another frost warning - my plants can't take this anymore. We haven't planted our vegetable garden yet because it's been so cold!:flower3:

mine was on this morning & will probably run tonight. Here's hoping this is the last of it until Oct.

WNY here, thermostat set to 64 and it keeps going off...... I refuse to take it off. Both kids still getting sick from the weather changes....

Let's refresh this thread:
It's June 11th...who is still running their furnaces?

For the love of God can we please have some flipping sunshine?!!!!!!?

Our's came on this morning (actually DD turned it up because it was pretty chilly in the house this morning, my fault for leaving a couple of windows open last night).

Yep! It's been hanging in the mid to high 50s here all week. Would be nice if summer came along SOME time...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter