• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Its hard to believe, when I first joined the DIS

I love looking at all the pictures of beautiful DIS children. The furry ones too!

How about some then and now pictures:

My girls first WDW trip in June 2001, my now 15yo DD is even shorter than Snow White :thumbsup2

image0-241.jpg.w300h399.jpg

image0-238.jpg.w300h198.jpg

image0-240.jpg.w300h467.jpg

Our last trip Aug 2006

wdw_aug2006_06.jpg

wdw_aug2006_03.jpg

wdw_aug2006_04.jpg

I've lurked around here more than posting. But I have to say this is a very friendly place.

NUKE - I like your pic's .. No place like CC !! :beach:

It's hard to believe, when I first joined the DIS...

DH and I had just gotten custody of his daughter after two difficult custody battles and nearly $20,000 in costs. All I could think about was those commercials.... "Hey ________________, you've just won _____________...what are you going to do?" "I'm going to Disneyworld!!!!!"...

Anyway, we booked a 7-day combo cruise and needed information about cruising. My youngest was 18 months old. She's now 8 1/2. We enjoyed our cruise so much...and were so excited after doing it that I took a temporary job that summer and we went on a second cruise (6 months later!)

I guess I've been around ever since.

Hi Judi!!
What a treat to see you! :hug: It's been a really long time. I'm another who's been around since before the big crash.
I have 3 grand kids! Princess Em is now 13!! I can't be that old, can I? She has a 4 y/o brother and a 2 y/o sister. They live right next door. It is a comfort to have them so close. Thank you again so much for the sweet card that you sent me. It means a lot to me. I can't believe it has been 9 months! :sad1:

Keep in touch ~ Poohstyx :daisy:

I just found this thread by accident (search is up again, YAY!!! :cool1: ), and thought I'd give it a bump in hopes some people on the thread who have had changes in their lives will post pics or tell us what is going on with them!! I know Dan had a grandson and Elaine had a baby boy and perhaps there are more people who have had additions to their family since this thread was started.

Drew is turning 9 today, my New Year's Eve baby. :goodvibes He's a bright and happy guy, and a joy to all who know him. :goodvibes His big passion is writing - he wants to be a world famous author when he grows up, like along the lines of JK Rowling. :) Luke is 12 and doing well, into football and God forbid, GIRLS. :scared1: DH and I are doing well, planning our spring trip to Southern California, we're all excited about that.

So as we begin 2008, I'm going to give this a bump in hopes we can keep this tradition of updating each other on our families and what is going on in our lives. Please share! :)

Okay, I'll bite. :goodvibes I was on page 4 of this thread before I realized it was a year old! LOL! I guess I missed it last year.

My kids were about 2 and 5 when I started reading here. Now my Jolie is 11 and Hayden is almost 14 (his b-day is Jan. 19). I didn't register for awhile, and I hardly ever posted in the beginning, but I read constantly. So while I didn't feel like part of the "in group," I felt like I knew everyone.

I remember Eros. :3dglasses For some reason, he amused me. Goofyposter always posted corny jokes - he was so nice. There are so many old timers I remember, and some I forget until someone brings up their name. Then it all comes back to me! :wizard:

I left for awhile around the time you did, Junie Jay. Things just didn't seem the same anymore. Now, it's so much bigger than it was in the beginning! In the beginning, I was familiar with almost everyone posting. Now, there are so many people that only a relative few seem familiar. Of course, I don't have a very good memory for who said "what" when, and I can never recognize anyone from their posting style. I guess I'm a bit oblivious! :upsidedow

I have had tons of changes since I joined. My grandmom died, my dad had cancer twice (he's doing great though, at 77 years old, thank God), my beloved Wilma, Barney and Freddie died (my DH's and my 1st 3 beagles), my DH has been through like 4 jobs, and I developed a really annoying thyroid condition. Now, we have 5 beagles (all rescues), a teenager and an almost-teenager, my parents just celebrated their 50th anniversary in May, and life is pretty good (most days)!

As big as it is, this place feels like home to me. It's just a regular part of my life. When big things happen in the news, I always check here to see what everybody is saying. I keep up with people's stories - praying for them, crying with them, and feeling joy for them. It's very cool. :flower3:

Hey WilmaBud, long time no see! :) Thank you so much for the update, its so nice to see an "oldtimer" and catch up with what is going on in his/her life. I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your grandmother, and your Dad's illness, but I'm encouraged to hear he is doing well. I'm also sorry to hear about your health issues - did you know there is a thyroid thread on the Coping and Compassion board? You might be able to get some good info there...

I agree with you, the DIS is almost unrecognizable in some ways, but in others it does have that homey feel...I guess that is why we have all stuck around all these years later, even if its just on the outskirts looking in. :)

Happy New Year to you and yours WilmaBud! :goodvibes

Happy Birthday Drew!

Not too many changes for me this year. Well, we did just learn that my sister in law is having another baby (their 6th :scared1: ) so that will be the 14th niece or nephew!

OK I read many pages myself before I realized this thread is over a year old! So many memories. Been here since 1998, though not so much in the past couple of years. Lots of familiar names here!

I have no kids, no surprise there, but I have the cutest baby in the world below!

Meet Barney! 1 year old!

47b7cf31b3127cceb01ffcb39e6500000036100Cbt2bNu4cMa

OK I read many pages myself before I realized this thread is over a year old! So many memories. Been here since 1998, though not so much in the past couple of years. Lots of familiar names here!

I have no kids, no surprise there, but I have the cutest baby in the world below!

Meet Barney! 1 year old!

That is the cutest puppy ever!:lovestruc

Oh, yeah. I didn't see this was a year old either.:laughing:

Barney is tooo cute!

Let's see. When I started here I had 3 kids in school and one that was still 'widdle'.

Now I have one in the military (who made me a gammie), one who is graduating college, one graduating high school and one who can now pronounce her "R"s.

Well, maybe not. We do live in Maine and R's are illegal here.

Happy Birthday Drew!

Not too many changes for me this year. Well, we did just learn that my sister in law is having another baby (their 6th :scared1: ) so that will be the 14th niece or nephew!

Congratulations Auntie! :goodvibes

Meet Barney! 1 year old!

Hiya Cousin Tony!! Where the HECK have you been? I have missed you sooo much! Barney is the cutest dog I have ever seen...oh my gosh that is one cute dog!! :love:

Oh, yeah. I didn't see this was a year old either.:laughing:

Barney is tooo cute!

Let's see. When I started here I had 3 kids in school and one that was still 'widdle'.

Now I have one in the military (who made me a gammie), one who is graduating college, one graduating high school and one who can now pronounce her "R"s.

Well, maybe not. We do live in Maine and R's are illegal here.

Wow, its the infamous delswife!! Nice to see you girl! :thumbsup2

Judi, you always make the best threads. :thumbsup2

I read the pages to where I posted last year, and the few after that just now. Lots of good folks here, lots of folks brought together through this site, and for that I am thankful.

We have a new grandson, Jeremy, Natalie and Ken's son. Our son, Vince, is now engaged to Katlyn, for a Spring wedding. Our buddy, Doc, passed away earlier this year. A good year, a tough year.

Judi, my best to you, your family. Thanks for always being YOU. :hug:'s

I have been here forever and I love the Dis!!!Its my favorite place for all things disney and not Disney. The friendliest people ever are on the dis:banana: :banana: :cool1: :grouphug: :grouphug: :cheer2:

Since first joining the DIS, my hair, job, pets and social circle of friends has changed for the better :)

this is always the time of the year when I am very emotional. The last 14 months have been the worst and the best.........hard to talk about it .....
But thanks for the memories on this post .........all of you...

HUGS to you all
Hey, Pumba .. How about using some of your considerable DIS clout and steer the tag fairy my way. Here's a quote: 'Pumba is my favorite!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter