• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

It's gonna take a lot to take me away from this view! 7/10 - Finished!

Yay for starting!!

OK so what you're saying is you DIDN'T get a picture of me waving at you as you flew in and out of Halifax? :(

Even though I knew about the upgrade, just following along STILL gives me goosebumps. Oh my goodness, what a way to start after such a long day. Pixie Dusted!!! The only downside is how hard it is to leave.

My GOD that view!!! :woohoo:

Okay, I forgot all about this but when I heard it on the radio today (I've been listening to :santa: music since November 1st!) I knew I had to come share it with you in case you've never heard it before.

Even if you generally hate The 12 Days of Christmas (I will admit it's not usually my favorite), listen to it anyway!! And if you really can't stand it, at least skip to the 2-minute mark!

Straight No Chaser - 12 Days of Christmas

Their version of The Lion Sleeps Tonight is pretty sweet, too!

I enjoyed going back to read about your furbabies. :love:

Too funny about the Flatbread Photo Fail!

But you captured the beauty of the amazing Zebra Domes perfectly!

:woohoo: on the upgrade!!!

:banana::banana::banana:

So glad to be joining in and love the intro...the room upgrade!!!!!! So exciting for you guys.

Can not wait to see and read more

and FYI the Straight no Chaser 12 Day...LOVE!!!

An upgrade is so cool! And what a BEAUTIFUL picture. Looking forward to all your pictures in this TR!

Can't wait to read all about your trip!

Love the view! We could see the savannah a little bit from our room as well but it was still a standard view.

Hope you feel better soon!

Ummmm adorable :) you're intro very funny and entertaining, but that line right there.... It's pure awesomeness. I believe we all have these moments. They are pure awesomeness no matter where it happens. :love: (hoping that's the right emoticon because I'm on my ipad guessing!)

And the view...... Soooooo amazing!!!
First, you got the emoticon right on. :thumbsup2
That was my moment for the trip, you're right, everyone has one! It's like when it really truly sinks in that you're in Disney and going to have an awesome time.

Very happy to be here! And a very underrated band, in my opinion!!
Boo :(
One of my favorite movies from this year!!!! And YAY for a better flight!!!
YAYAYAYAY!!!!
Oh my goodness, sooo awesome for you!!!! pixiedust: (I'm thinking that probably won't happen when I check in at All Star Movies? :lmao:
:goodvibes
So glad the majority of the trip was amazing and that the getting sick part at the end didn't ruin it for you.
I have a trip to The Mara tentatively scheduled on my DAK day... do you think it's worth leaving the park to go there for lunch?
I can't honestly say The Mara would be worth the trip. The food there is just ok, nothing to rave over. The zebra domes though... those zebra domes. And seeing the resort and the animals, those are the things that are worth it. So I guess to sum it up, yes. :thumbsup2

What an awesome surprise upgrade! I love love love AKL!

Jill in CO
It made for a great start to our trip, that's for sure!!

I think the best trip ever started with the iPads at the Toronto airport. Yeah - I could see them here in Philadelphia. Not! :rotfl2:

After such a long day of travel I am glad you were rewarded with such a fabulous upgrade. That view is awesome and the fact that you got a night time picture of it is even better. :thumbsup2

Sorry you got sick at the end of your trip. I really hope you are feeling much, much better now.
The ipads seemed to be for the restaurant next to our gate, you could order food on them. It was still cool though, they had some games and things on them too. We weren't sure it was really our gate!
It made the long travel day worth it for sure!
Yes, much better now (though still haven't quite kicked it!)

Upgrade=Awesome!!!
That's for sure!

What an awesome upgrade!! I can only wish and hope that we'll get some pixie dust in January at AKL! We're booked for a Savannah Room so an upgrade would be.....the club level? That would be so awesome. I can dream. :rotfl:

And you watched Star Trek all the way at Disney! :worship:
Can you imagine being bumped to Club Level? Ohhh yeah, let's just go ahead and cross our fingers that you get that! :thumbsup2
Oh yeah we're new Star Trek fans. Started with TNG and now we're going back in time to the Original Series. It's all thanks to Netflix! :rotfl2:

Yay for starting!!

OK so what you're saying is you DIDN'T get a picture of me waving at you as you flew in and out of Halifax? :(

Even though I knew about the upgrade, just following along STILL gives me goosebumps. Oh my goodness, what a way to start after such a long day. Pixie Dusted!!! The only downside is how hard it is to leave.

My GOD that view!!! :woohoo:
I tried Rob, but the camera wouldn't focus. :sad2:
We were so stunned and so excited about our upgrade, it really did make it hard to leave though. We spent way more time at the hotel than we ever have before!

Yay wendy ,that is super cool!! Can't wait to see the daytime pics :D
We couldn't wait to see it in the daytime! Hahaha it was so awesome.

Okay, I forgot all about this but when I heard it on the radio today (I've been listening to :santa: music since November 1st!) I knew I had to come share it with you in case you've never heard it before.

Even if you generally hate The 12 Days of Christmas (I will admit it's not usually my favorite), listen to it anyway!! And if you really can't stand it, at least skip to the 2-minute mark!

Straight No Chaser - 12 Days of Christmas

Their version of The Lion Sleeps Tonight is pretty sweet, too!
Oh yeah, I definitely have Straight No Chaser's whole Christmas album (mainly because of their 12 Days! Hahaha) I love it! And I can't hear Africa without hearing the Christmas lyrics! :rotfl2:

I enjoyed going back to read about your furbabies. :love:

Too funny about the Flatbread Photo Fail!

But you captured the beauty of the amazing Zebra Domes perfectly!

:woohoo: on the upgrade!!!

:banana::banana::banana:
I laughed so hard at myself for forgetting to take a picture of the flatbread. Johnny reminded me after -- "Weren't you supposed to take a picture of that?" So I took a picture of the plate! :rotfl:
Those zebra domes... I almost wish I hadn't taken that picture. Every time I see it I want them again. Something to look forward to for next time!

So glad to be joining in and love the intro...the room upgrade!!!!!! So exciting for you guys.

Can not wait to see and read more

and FYI the Straight no Chaser 12 Day...LOVE!!!
:welcome: Officially! That upgrade... it was so amazing!

An upgrade is so cool! And what a BEAUTIFUL picture. Looking forward to all your pictures in this TR!
The upgrade was the coolest part of the trip in many ways! It definitely kicked it off right. :thumbsup2

Can't wait to read all about your trip!

Love the view! We could see the savannah a little bit from our room as well but it was still a standard view.

Hope you feel better soon!
And I can't wait to read all about yours too!
The whole resort is really so amazing, isn't it? Any view of the savannah is still awesome. :thumbsup2 Glad you were able to see it too!

Major score with the Savannah view room. Way to go!!!!!! Often thought of staying at AKL, maybe one of these times.

We ate at Boma one of the nights we were at WDW and got to try Zebra Domes for the first time too. They were spectacular as was Boma, better than I'd hoped and I had high expectations going in.

I may write a TR but at the same time I have this little problem of not finishing things I start. So, stay tuned.

Look forward to your next update.

Zebra domes AND a safari view room upgrade! That IS a great start!

We were all turned around going to Jiko our first visit so I know your confusion with the layout of the resort. (Although at least with Jiko you can get there from the lobby.)

Two weeks to have the crud is too long! I hope you are better soon. :goodvibes

What a great way to start your trip. I can see why you would have to be dragged away from that view and it's not even day break yet. :)

So excited to be following this TR! Loved your PTR, so I've been waiting for this:cool1:
Your picture of the view literally made me gasp.. and then I was glad my DH wasn't home, because he would have wanted to know what I was looking at and he gets snarky when I read Disney sites :confused3

Joining In. What a great view! We'll be there in 70 odd days, and look forward to your comments about the resort as well as more great photos.

Major score with the Savannah view room. Way to go!!!!!! Often thought of staying at AKL, maybe one of these times.

We ate at Boma one of the nights we were at WDW and got to try Zebra Domes for the first time too. They were spectacular as was Boma, better than I'd hoped and I had high expectations going in.

I may write a TR but at the same time I have this little problem of not finishing things I start. So, stay tuned.

Look forward to your next update.
That savannah view was spectacular! Major score indeed.
Boma really is one of my favourite places to eat. I love the whole place!
Haha well if you do start, let me know!

Zebra domes AND a safari view room upgrade! That IS a great start!
Right?? :thumbsup2

We were all turned around going to Jiko our first visit so I know your confusion with the layout of the resort. (Although at least with Jiko you can get there from the lobby.)
We were so turned around, but in the end we found it by getting to the pool first. After that we knew our way around the whole resort no problem.

Two weeks to have the crud is too long! I hope you are better soon. :goodvibes
Thanks Brenda, it's slowly creeping away. I can't believe how long it's holding on though. :sad2:

What a great way to start your trip. I can see why you would have to be dragged away from that view and it's not even day break yet. :)
Oh it only got worse! :rotfl:

So excited to be following this TR! Loved your PTR, so I've been waiting for this:cool1:
Your picture of the view literally made me gasp.. and then I was glad my DH wasn't home, because he would have wanted to know what I was looking at and he gets snarky when I read Disney sites :confused3
:welcome: and thanks!!
Awww, haha the view made me gasp too, I have to admit. Luckily my DH gasped too. :rotfl2:

Joining In. What a great view! We'll be there in 70 odd days, and look forward to your comments about the resort as well as more great photos.
:welcome: and thanks for joining! It was a fantastic view, I'll try to cover the resort as much as possible. We spent a lot of time there after all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter