It's gonna take a lot to take me away from this view! 7/10 - Finished!

Love that RNRC photo! Seeing those "limos" take off simply reminds you how fun that attraction is. When I saw it, I wanted to be Hollywood Studios.

I get what you mean about being shy at Disney. You don't want people to stare at you as you awkwardly lift a mat off the floor.

I'm glad that extra rest at the resort put you guys in a good mindset and allowed you to enjoy the parks. It already sounds like a nice Disney day.

Just came across your TR and have enjoyed reading through it. AKL looks amazing and I really hope I get the chance to stay there some day. It looks like you guys are having a blast! I also subscribed to your new Pre-TR. :)

Awww, I'm glad you got your much-needed rest! And YAY that it made the next day so much better for you :goodvibes

I also love that statue at DHS. For some reason I've never taken a picture of it straight on like you did. Turned out really nice!

Cool shots inside the RnRC queue. I love the scene with the band... I just hate the ride. Haha. I've never seen them in concert, but I would LOVE to one day. They don't come to Buffalo very often. I'm not sure if they just don't tour all that much or if they skip us for some reason.

It's great that you were feeling so much better! I love the shot you got of RnR - thats one shot I'll never get because I'm such a ride wimp :rotfl:
It was amazing the difference it made!
Aww that's too bad, I love RnR so much! I used to think I was a ride wimp until I started trying out coasters... turns out I'm a thrill junkie of sorts :rotfl:

I love your AKL shirt too, so bright and very comfy looking :)
Thanks! I saw it in the gift shop and needed to take it home ;)

Love that RNRC photo! Seeing those "limos" take off simply reminds you how fun that attraction is. When I saw it, I wanted to be Hollywood Studios.
Thanks! It has the same effect one me to be honest, I need to be there now! lol

I get what you mean about being shy at Disney. You don't want people to stare at you as you awkwardly lift a mat off the floor.
It's true, if I knew the key would be there, then no problem! But if I did it and there was no key.. :blush:

I'm glad that extra rest at the resort put you guys in a good mindset and allowed you to enjoy the parks. It already sounds like a nice Disney day.
What a difference it made. We felt like we "wasted" the morning until we realized how much better it made the afternoon!

Just came across your TR and have enjoyed reading through it. AKL looks amazing and I really hope I get the chance to stay there some day. It looks like you guys are having a blast! I also subscribed to your new Pre-TR. :)
Well thank you very much, and :welcome: AKL was really amazing, I'm so glad we had the change to try it. We did get spoiled a little though!! :rotfl:

Awww, I'm glad you got your much-needed rest! And YAY that it made the next day so much better for you :goodvibes
Ahhh me too, it made a huge difference and we were so thankful!

I also love that statue at DHS. For some reason I've never taken a picture of it straight on like you did. Turned out really nice!
Thanks! I tend to try a new angle each time so it doesn't get old. :thumbsup2

Cool shots inside the RnRC queue. I love the scene with the band... I just hate the ride. Haha. I've never seen them in concert, but I would LOVE to one day. They don't come to Buffalo very often. I'm not sure if they just don't tour all that much or if they skip us for some reason.
Aww that's too bad. It's one of my favourite rides of all time! I love that blast off so much!
Honestly I'm still shocked that they're coming here. I'm still waiting for them to say "LOL JK!"

Just hopping in to say HAPPY EASTER everyone!!

Disney-Easter-Wallpaper-3.jpg

Happy Easter, Wendy!

I like your itinerary at DHS with the exception of you skipping ToT ;)

I love the Muppets and you're right about the waiting area. There are so many cute and funny details in there. My only wish for that attraction is that they update the film a bit. Perhaps go digital for some sharper scenes? :goodvibes

Yum! I love me some cream cheese pretzels! I could really go for one right now actually... :rotfl:

Yay, you found the key! I read about it on another Disney website ten years or so ago and insist on "making sure it's still there" every single trip! ;)

I absolutely love ToT but just can't do it... My stomach just can't handle it. So... No ToT for me either... :cheer2:

Hope you had a lovely Easter! :goodvibes

Hope you had a great Easter and a really nice long break from work that didn't involve dangerous ice or a snowstorm!

That is fantastic about Aerosmith. Where are they playing? Is it a huge stadium somewhere or a smaller venue? :offtopic: Aerosmith was my first concert when I was 13 or 14. My dad drove my brother and me to the Civic Center in Portland, Maine and dropped us off. Can't remember who the opening act was, but shortly after Aerosmith came on stage, Steven Tyler passed out. Lights on! Show over! Of course this was before cell phones, so we just had to wait around until our pre-arranged meeting time with my dad. They did reschedule the concert for another time.

I am so glad to hear that your morning of relaxation had such an impact on your attitudes that afternoon.

Your pictures in RNR are incredible. I love the one of the sound room- I saw details I never noticed before like the cobra and the mummy. And the girl adjusting the amp!

The one of the limos at launch is so good!!! I am glad you were properly positioned for that.

Yes, you must at least go through the line at ToT and take pictures. Will Johnny ride it?

Great picture of the hat- I love the way you were able to crop out people and the palm trees and just get the hat and the stand below.

:cool1: for Muppets- I really appreciate puns and they are the best at them in all of Disney.

Too funny about your key fail!!!

:rotfl2:

Happy Easter, Wendy!
Thanks, Dave! I hope you and your family had a great holiday!

I like your itinerary at DHS with the exception of you skipping ToT ;)
Haha yes, I know, I miss the big one. I tried it once and gave it a fair shot -- I really did! But holy Hannah did I hate it. :rotfl:

I love the Muppets and you're right about the waiting area. There are so many cute and funny details in there. My only wish for that attraction is that they update the film a bit. Perhaps go digital for some sharper scenes? :goodvibes
Agreed, it would be nice to see a tiny update (but no overhaul! I like it!) Funny they never did that and added Walter.

Yum! I love me some cream cheese pretzels! I could really go for one right now actually... :rotfl:
Mmmm me too!

Yay, you found the key! I read about it on another Disney website ten years or so ago and insist on "making sure it's still there" every single trip! ;)
Now that I have some confidence in myself I will probably check on it each trip too :thumbsup2

I absolutely love ToT but just can't do it... My stomach just can't handle it. So... No ToT for me either... :cheer2:
That sucks! I just plain don't like it. :rotfl: I wish I could give you my strong stomach for that ride, because I don't make use of it anyway! :rotfl2:

Hope you had a lovely Easter! :goodvibes
Thank you, I really did and hope you did as well! :goodvibes

Hope you had a great Easter and a really nice long break from work that didn't involve dangerous ice or a snowstorm!
Omg we actually had snow flurries Saturday :sad2: hahaha but fairly nice (if chilly) weather the rest of the time so yes, it was nice to have time off for something other than a storm!! We had a great Easter, I hope you all did too!

That is fantastic about Aerosmith. Where are they playing? Is it a huge stadium somewhere or a smaller venue?

Ok, tiny tangent about the venue for Aerosmith:

Cape Breton Island was built on coal mining and the steel mill. When both shut down, we were left with no jobs and the "tar ponds" -- hazardous waste from the steel plant (want to move here yet? :lmao: ) "After extensive public consultation and technical study, a $400 million cleanup plan, jointly funded by the Government of Canada and Government of Nova Scotia, was announced in January 2007." That's from Wikipedia and sums it up better than I could! They found a safe way to get rid of the chemicals and buried the rest under concrete, and then made the "Open Hearth Park" on top of it -- a big park with all kinds of things including an open air concert venue. We had an opening concert called "Stronger than Steele" last fall, but Aerosmith will be the first big act in the new park which is really kind of neat.

Here's a small part of the park:

891930_510111219084698_990046244_o.jpg

Sorry for going a little off track, but I just thought it was a neat story! :rotfl:

:offtopic: Aerosmith was my first concert when I was 13 or 14. My dad drove my brother and me to the Civic Center in Portland, Maine and dropped us off. Can't remember who the opening act was, but shortly after Aerosmith came on stage, Steven Tyler passed out. Lights on! Show over! Of course this was before cell phones, so we just had to wait around until our pre-arranged meeting time with my dad. They did reschedule the concert for another time.
Cool that you got to go see them! What a first concert, but that's too bad about them having to stop it! I'm glad they rescheduled it though. What did we do before cell phones, right? Although my parents never turn theirs on, so I'd still be in the same situation. :rotfl:

I am so glad to hear that your morning of relaxation had such an impact on your attitudes that afternoon.
Oh Dee, what a difference it made!

Your pictures in RNR are incredible. I love the one of the sound room- I saw details I never noticed before like the cobra and the mummy. And the girl adjusting the amp!

The one of the limos at launch is so good!!! I am glad you were properly positioned for that.
Thank you! :goodvibes I was pretty excited to get the launch, but I was the same when I got home, I started noticing details I hadn't seen before!

Yes, you must at least go through the line at ToT and take pictures. Will Johnny ride it?
Yes, he likes it. I think this coming trip he'll ride it with his little thrill seeker cousin. If they do, I'll go through with them for pictures and then chicken exit outta there!

Great picture of the hat- I love the way you were able to crop out people and the palm trees and just get the hat and the stand below.
Thanks Dee!

:cool1: for Muppets- I really appreciate puns and they are the best at them in all of Disney.
So true, I love their brand of humour! :rotfl:

Too funny about your key fail!!!

:rotfl2:
Omg I was so ashamed of myself, but it was really funny. If only I'd lifted the other corner!

Hi everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful Easter, if that's your thing, and/or a great weekend!

I'm on my last day off of 5 and I really enjoyed my little mini-vacation. Yesterday Johnny and I took the dogs (and the cat followed!) and went for a hike. My parents have 26 acres of mostly untouched woods and we know there's a brook back there, so we headed out to find the brook. We found that and more! I'm going a little :offtopic: today to tell you a little about it, then I'll get back to another update. I know that's two in 5 days, but I have the time and opportunity now!

Oscar, following us:
71487_10152115661777989_1632406781953394845_n.jpg

Found the brook!
1485120_10152115662772989_7508829422684572892_n.jpg

Pretty sure this is Oscar's first time seeing natural running water!
10262261_10152115663677989_4658464028710033593_n.jpg

We kept following the brook and came across a shallow pond with a few tiny fish:
10157237_10152115663742989_3153705906487464034_n.jpg

Then kept going some more and came across a beautiful pond we didn't know was back there:
10172726_10152115664487989_3970621966519283342_n.jpg

Sheeka LOVES the water:
10267761_10152115664712989_6801978793750192404_n.jpg

This is half of it. There was a beaver dam across the middle so it was almost like two ponds together.
10154162_10152115665067989_730478826128746021_n.jpg

Here's the whole thing:
10253974_10152115665232989_7682713871859766791_n.jpg

And of course, Holly watching as Johnny walked around the perimeter:
988860_10152115665267989_3559452392310891671_n.jpg

We had a great time and we're definitely going back when more snow melts. (Two and a half feet left in some places in the woods! It was hard getting through!)

One other tiny piece of news before I get to the Disney part.

This coming Saturday at work I'm teaching my first camera class!! :banana: :banana: :banana: I am so excited! Ever since we've moved to our new location I've been dying to do this so the boss gave me the go-ahead.

If you're on my Facebook, you may have seen me sharing this:
1890512_779183082105620_1985085923_o.jpg

:woohoo:

And this is where you come in.

Yes, you!

Want to know where I got most of my course material? (Not to mention an idea of what people want to learn!)

Last year's PTR!

So thank you to all who asked for camera/photography advice and encouraged me to teach along with my PTR! And please wish me luck for my first course Saturday!

Next post: Finally to the Disney stuff!

Friday, November 15th
A Change of Scenery!

We had just finished up with the Muppets and were having a great day. It was almost time for our TSM FP+ but not quite, so we headed in that direction to do one of our must-dos for every trip:

IMG_4770 by teekathepony, on Flickr

We make sure to pay homage to the creator of it all every single trip.

IMG_4772 by teekathepony, on Flickr

IMG_4775 by teekathepony, on Flickr

IMG_4776 by teekathepony, on Flickr

I love seeing things like this, not to mention I'd love to have a desk like that myself!
IMG_4777 by teekathepony, on Flickr

IMG_4778 by teekathepony, on Flickr

IMG_4780 by teekathepony, on Flickr

Then I spotted a little detail I had never noticed before:
IMG_4783 by teekathepony, on Flickr
"Walt's interview for Canadian broadcasting"

I stood there and read the whole thing while Johnny looked around.

We finished the exhibit but chose to skip the video this time -- it was TSM time!

The FP+ line was out the door which scared us, but as it turned out it was just someone at the front of the line having MB troubles. They got through without much issue and the line moved quickly. We scanned ours -- two green lights! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

The line moved so fast that I had hardly any time to take pictures, but I did get this one:

IMG_4535 by teekathepony, on Flickr

MOUSE trap!? Are you allowed to have that game at WDW!? :rotfl:

[Facebook: Check in

1455026_10151810253102989_1109085040_n.jpg

Wendy with Johnny at Toy Story Mania.

Bertha and David like this.]

One picture of our scores:
IMG_4534 by teekathepony, on Flickr
Mine is the lower one. :rolleyes:

And Johnny also got:
IMG_4532 by teekathepony, on Flickr

Next up was another we like to do. We had tried to do it earlier but it was closed for some reason. It was now open and Johnny had a plan.

IMG_4784 by teekathepony, on Flickr

See? He's on a mission!

It didn't take us long at all to get through (which is why, again, no more queue pics!) and then Johnny put in his request: Could we see the cowboy scene?

You see, I was starting to think it was a myth. Like some type of club you all had where you made a deal with one another to periodically say "I got the cowboy scene!" to make the rest of us wonder about it. I've never seen it, in all the times I've ridden!

Johnny asked.

I could see it all happening right before my very eyes. The CMs start to snicker. They look at each other. Someone whispers; "Another one taken in!"

But no. That was happening in my head.

What really happened was the CM smiled and looked to another CM and asked if the cowboy scene was happening soon. Yes! There's one going in just a minute. Would you care to wait?

Yes please!

We were first in line waiting but soon more people came up behind us.

I snapped this picture of Johnny's new pin while we waited:
IMG_4787 by teekathepony, on Flickr

In a matter of about 5 minutes our vehicle arrived and we were climbing on, right next to the driver!

IMG_4790 by teekathepony, on Flickr

He's so excited, but I'm still not convinced.
(Continued in next post)

IMG_4789 by teekathepony, on Flickr

Here we go!

IMG_4791 by teekathepony, on Flickr

IMG_4793 by teekathepony, on Flickr

IMG_4794 by teekathepony, on Flickr

IMG_4795 by teekathepony, on Flickr

We passed through the gangster scene... nothing happened. Johnny was bouncing he was so excited. :hyper:

IMG_4796 by teekathepony, on Flickr

Here we go! Houston we have a cowboy!

IMG_4801 by teekathepony, on Flickr

Holy crap! There's fire in this version!

IMG_4803 by teekathepony, on Flickr

And he took over our vehicle!

IMG_4805 by teekathepony, on Flickr

I know it's not a lot different, but we were just so excited to finally get to see it!

IMG_4820 by teekathepony, on Flickr

IMG_4823 by teekathepony, on Flickr

IMG_4824 by teekathepony, on Flickr

Then we followed the yellow brick road back out.

IMG_4825 by teekathepony, on Flickr

IMG_4827 by teekathepony, on Flickr

IMG_4831 by teekathepony, on Flickr

One thing I found about being in the front, if we stopped, our view wasn't great because the thing we were supposed to be looking at was behind us. :rotfl:

IMG_4597 by teekathepony, on Flickr

All done and back around!

IMG_4834 by teekathepony, on Flickr

I posted this:

[Facebook: Check-In

Wendy
15 November 2013
Cowboy scene!!! Finally!! — with Johnny at The Great Movie Ride.

Kirsti, Patricia, Bertha and 3 others like this.

Kyle: You're getting wifi inside the ride?

Wendy: Haha no, just outside of it

Kyle: I've never seen that scene either! Michelle just explained the importance of your post to me lol

Wendy: We asked and waited for it, too many rides without seeing it and I was sick of trying my luck on the odds of happening across it!

Carrie: NU UH i'm way too jealous now!!!

Kirsti: I love that ride!]

IMG_4839 by teekathepony, on Flickr

It was now getting close to time for our dinner ADR when something caught my eye:

IMG_4611 by teekathepony, on Flickr

Not the stand necessarily, but rather the rows of light up Christmas light necklaces in it. I went in to get a set -- I wanted to blink and light up like I'd been seeing so many others that trip!

Johnny went in and said he wanted one too. He grabbed one and so did I... until I saw the light up fuzzy scarves! I brought the package up to the counter and asked if they by any chance had one out of the package as I'd like to see it lit up. Yes! They did! He went to get it and when he came back, it appeared the battery was dead. He took the package I brought up and opened that one and turned it on. Adorable! Lots of different flashing settings! I'll take it! I took that very one (since it was already out of the package anyway!) and we paid and were on our way.

Johnny's:

IMG_0834 by teekathepony, on Flickr

And mine!

IMG_0833 by teekathepony, on Flickr

(the bright daylight made it hard to see the lights in mine.)

Time for dinner! Any guesses?

I bet your animals loved getting out in the sunshine. Not to mention, I'm sure you guys did, too. :rotfl:

Oh wow, that is fantastic about the class. I remember your lessons being really informative and easy to follow.

That cowboy scene...now I just think you're in on the grand scheme to make me believe there's something other than the mobsters.:rotfl2:

How cool that you have basically unexplored property to see!! I bet your animals loved going on the hike!

Oh I need one of those scarves!! We got the Christmas light necklace last year but I didn't see the fuzzy scarves! I'm going to guess Mama Melroses for dinner only because I would love to see a review of that one! ;)

Thoroughly enjoying your TR!

Wonderful updates. But no TOT? It's my FAVORITE ride at Disney. I don't do Rock & Roll...and it's the only one I won't give in to the girls (I'll give them one Space Mountain and one EE, but no R&R).

I love the Walt Disney Story and we try not to miss it.

Great scores on TSM...I don't think I've ever broken 100,000.

Mark insists that Muppets is one thing we cannot miss on our trips!

I can't do Star Tours anymore...it gives me an upset tummy. :(

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: you finally saw the Cowboy scene. I think it was two years ago we got it for the first time in awhile and it was a nice change of pace for a change.

Mark bought that necklace for the girls in December. I didn't see the scarf. I wish I had because I definitely would have gotten one of those.

Haha, I love that. "We know there's a brook there somewhere on my parent's property." 26 acres is pretty big though, lol.

OMG Wendy this is so cool. I almost feel like driving to the Island for the class.

That's one of the things I so love about reading about One Man's Dream. There's so much in there, there's bound to be something new in every TR. Boo on skipping the movie though. ;)

OH YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! This is seriously unreal. I cannot believe the amount of DISers getting the COWBOY SCENE recently. For so long it was this cruel joke, but NOT ANYMORE!!!! Of course at the end of the day it's not a big departure, but... different is different. :thumbsup2

So glad you had such a nice break. I loved the pictures from your walk, and especially that Oscar followed you!

If you're on my Facebook, you may have seen me sharing this:
1890512_779183082105620_1985085923_o.jpg

I did see this on Facebook and I am so excited for you! The way you presented your lessons to us was very easy to follow- the perfect mix of what to do and WHY!

Wishing you a successful class!

Good point about Mousetrap.

:cool1: for Johnny asking for the cowboy scene. We saw it once and it was awesome. Like you said "Holy Crap, there's fire!"

Your pictures on GMR are just spectacular! So clear.

Love the light up necklace and scarf.

I'm guessing Mama Melrose, too. Good point about Mousetrap.

:cool1: for Johnny asking for the cowboy scene. We saw it once and it was awesome. Like you said "Holy Crap, there's fire!"

Your pictures on GMR are just spectacular! So clear.

Love the light up necklace and scarf.

I'm guessing Mama Melrose, too.

Thanks for offering up your stomach to me! :rotfl: Wish there was a way to work that out! :rotfl2: I'd love to be able to not lose mine on ToT!!!

Yay!!! A HUGE congrats on your class! I'm sure it's going to be great! I know that I have seriously never seen more stunning pictures of Disney than yours so I'm positive it will be a huge success! :goodvibes

Oh my gosh, I am in love with the GMR and love that you included so many pictures of all the scenes. The entrance to that ride is one of those things that I long to see so much in between trips. Yay for the cowboy scene! I need to just request it next time rather than continue to try my luck (read: FAIL!!!) every single time! :rotfl:

I bet your animals loved getting out in the sunshine. Not to mention, I'm sure you guys did, too. :rotfl:
Oh yes, we all had a great time and it was so nice to have the sun!

Oh wow, that is fantastic about the class. I remember your lessons being really informative and easy to follow.
Thank you! I'm excited about it. In fact when I get to work today, that's what I'll be working on and I'm kind of excited to get there! :rotfl:

That cowboy scene...now I just think you're in on the grand scheme to make me believe there's something other than the mobsters.:rotfl2:
I'll never tell! ;) :rotfl2:

How cool that you have basically unexplored property to see!! I bet your animals loved going on the hike!
It was pretty cool to find a pond there. We came home and checked it out on Google Earth too :rotfl: The critters all had a great time (though the cat got scared if we got too far from him!)

Oh I need one of those scarves!! We got the Christmas light necklace last year but I didn't see the fuzzy scarves! I'm going to guess Mama Melroses for dinner only because I would love to see a review of that one! ;)
I wore my scarf to every Christmas event I could last year, I love it! So tacky/cute. :rotfl:

Thoroughly enjoying your TR!
Thank you!

Wonderful updates. But no TOT? It's my FAVORITE ride at Disney. I don't do Rock & Roll...and it's the only one I won't give in to the girls (I'll give them one Space Mountain and one EE, but no R&R).
I'm just the opposite, LOVE coasters, almost all of them! But ToT, I rode it once and for some reason I just really hated it. :confused3

I love the Walt Disney Story and we try not to miss it.
Same with us, it's such a real-life fairy tale!

Great scores on TSM...I don't think I've ever broken 100,000.
I'm usually pretty bad at it so I was rather impressed with myself! :rotfl:

Mark insists that Muppets is one thing we cannot miss on our trips!
That's awesome! I love Muppets, and so does Johnny :goodvibes

I can't do Star Tours anymore...it gives me an upset tummy. :(
That's really too bad! It does the same to me, but (so far) not bad enough to make me stop trying!

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: you finally saw the Cowboy scene. I think it was two years ago we got it for the first time in awhile and it was a nice change of pace for a change.
It was so nice to see it finally! We felt like we were being let into a super secret elite club! :rotfl2:

Mark bought that necklace for the girls in December. I didn't see the scarf. I wish I had because I definitely would have gotten one of those.
I think they were new, I didn't see them anywhere else but that one stand and even the manager there didn't know what they looked like lit up. It's pretty cute (but I still like that necklace too!)

I'll finish up replies later, it's time to go to work! If you haven't seen on my PTR, I'm going to be teaching a camera class this coming Saturday! I am so excited and can't wait to get to work today to finish preparing all my lessons! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter