It's Finally Over!!!

Congrats to all you new grads. Celebrate with a camp out, even if only to a campground near home...set up camp, lounge in the hammock, enjoy a cold drink....for a job well done!

Thanks,
I specialized in family medicine. Where I am at in Mississippi the need for family coverage is greatest. Figured I should take my 15 years of nursing to a new level. I have worked emergency medicine for all those years but it's a young man's game. Wanted a new direction and experience.

CONGRATS! I remember when I finished FNP school, for the first couple of months after graduation I kinda felt like "wait, what? I have free time? But I don't know what that is. What do I do?" LOL

Are you going to board through the Academy or ANCC? I've done both, Academy for initial then ANCC a few years back to recert by test instead of hours.

Academy exam is enough to make a grown man cry (at least it was back in 1998). It got to the point where I was thinking "OKAY, now you're just making stuff up!" I was shocked that I even passed, let alone did well. I give UAB all the credit, their entire program was extremely difficult, so I guess that prepared me more than I thought.

ANCC was so easy and so non focused on clinical that it made me angry I had wasted my time- lots of policy questions and ridiculous common sense questions.

In the beginning it was difficult to make the switch from critical care/ER to family practice, lots of "reigning it back" :D but after a few months, no prob.

Good luck on boards and congrats again on graduation!

Guess there are a lot of NPs that camp--I'm an FNP since 2010, RN since 2001. Congrats!!

Using the academy for mine...guess I just need one more beating before it's all over.

You are not kidding about that weird "shouldn't I be writing another paper or something" feeling. It's just strange.

Gonna clean camper up today and start trying to get ready for some local trips.

What a great feeling! Congrats.

I cant wait till I get to that point. I start my clinicals for ST in August and work a full time job so I am thinking I have a lot of sleeping to do in my car so I can cut down commute time. Especially in the winter. Its going to be tough, but the rewards are worth it.

Congrats again, that's quite an accomplishment.

Congratulations! A reward trip is in order. I work as a RN in a rural ER. Have considered the NP program; however, job prospects for NPs in this area are bleak:worried:

Nancy,

You need to check out the blog by the lady who converts her mini-van into a camper. A few tweaks and you could live in the parking lot at school...you would never be late for classes or fall asleep driving home.

Congrats. That's a great feeling. And "free time"? Enjoy it while you can. I'm also an RN. I've been in hospital administration for a long time managing performance improvement and IS, but did critical care and ED when I was at the bedside. I have a master's in health informatics (I'm also a computer geek) and have been looking at PhD programs. The thought of another dissertation though...

Good luck at boards, but it doesn't sound like you'll need it... Straight As and all. :)

j

Well, well, well. The vacation planning dvd came in the mail today.

Timing is incredible.

Congratulations tiggerdad!!! :cool1:
listen....
do you hear that????

I think it's the Fort whispering...

Come on down....come on down...come on down...

Today I logged my final 12 hours of clinical time. I have completed all my graduate exams and passed everything with all A's.

I am finally done with Nurse Practitioner School!

To all my friends on the DisBoard who have been well wishers for the last 3-4 years I am thankful. Now it's time to try and start planning a celebration trip somewhere...

Congrats! That is a wonderful feeling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter