1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

It's February 11th, May We Please Have the rest of the 2014 Schedule?!!

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by HermanTriplets+1, Feb 11, 2013.

1. pequele

pequele Some people think they are cool because they can h

On another thread someone said they released itineraries the day after Concordia disaster. Which is it?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. gydell

gydell <font color=teal>I am watching and waiting<br><fon

4. Ltl Mermaid

Ltl Mermaid <font color=darkorchid>Spreading Disney Magic with

Awwwwe I'm so bummed it didn't happen today. That's why I try not to get too caught up into rumors here. I like reading them and trying to figure out what DCL is going to do, but when I start accepting the rumors as fact I always get disappointed!

Well let's hope they release them soon :)

5. csidisney

csidisney Mouseketeer

6. NancyIL

NancyIL DIS Veteran

The Concordia disaster was Jan. 13, 2012. DCL released itineraries almost 2 weeks later.

7. pequele

pequele Some people think they are cool because they can h

Ahhh see I dunno. I personally don't see why it would matter anyways. Do you think no one booked a cruise the day after the Concordia? Do you think that no one will book today because 5 crew members died in a drill or another ship had a fire? Not challenging you here, I'm just thinking out loud because I am mad I can't plan my vacation a year and a half from now BWAHAHAHA.

8. lilpooh108

lilpooh108 DIS Veteran

Thanks. This is better than the speculation stuff. The rebooking guy on the Wonder is Tai right? He seems like he knows everything. . . . . .. . . . . . .

9. NancyIL

NancyIL DIS Veteran

I doubt the crew accident or fire on Carnival will have nearly the effect the Concordia accident had. I'll bet there weren't many cruises booked the day after the Concordia sank!

10. GoofyTwinDad

GoofyTwinDad Mouseketeer

Every week they delay is another 2,000 or more PIF dates that they risk losing to other sailings.

11. Happy99

Happy99 DIS Veteran

I posted this on the other thread

The June 15 12nt Med cruise final payment is Feb 15
    The June 27 12nt Med cruise final payment is Feb 27
    etc

12. NWmom

NWmom DIS Veteran

So, delaying until Feb 28 would make sure people kept their 2013 dates instead of pushing them back.

I think that kind of logic (if happening) on DCL's part would be kind of shortsighted.

The more time people have to plan a cruise and pay for it-- the more likely people would be able to go on their cruises.

The less time they have to save up- the more likely they will need to reschedule.

Me- I think I am going to start saving for a cruise fund. Then when I have enough- book on something= not that much time to budget for a cruise on announcement day and get to pif with the actual money so I will need to save longer. Less cruises that way, but also less disappointment.

13. Happy99

Happy99 DIS Veteran

:confused3 don't know but if they are waiting for paid in full dates they may also wait until the July cruise paid in full dates pass for the Med cruises which is not until March sometime. Some people think that is what DCL is waiting for, it is anyone's guess at this time. Most other cruise line do not release their Alaska and Europe cruises until March or April. They release their Caribbean cruises sooner and NCL is the only one I have seen that has relased most of 2014

14. smeecanada

smeecanada DIS Veteran

Does anyone remember when they released the balance of the 2013 itineraries last year?

15. NancyIL

NancyIL DIS Veteran

DCL released the Dream and Fantasy through the end of 2013, along with the Wonder and Magic through early September, in late January 2012. September through December 2013 on the Magic and Wonder weren't released until late June.

16. Lisa Lisa

Lisa Lisa DIS Veteran

I was very tempted to book a European cruise on NCL when I saw that their dates were out. Must. Be. Patient.

17. act1980

act1980 DIS Veteran