"It's Fast! It's a Blast! It's in the Past!" - A Nov Solo Trip - The Finale

Sad your tr is coming to an end...last day blues are inevitable right?

Love that you made a bud buddy! Looking forward to the wrap up.

You hit the nail on the head. I've been unable to finish this report yet because then it means the trip is really all wrapped up. I haven't done the last post yet because, well, sadness.

I will, though! Soon! Very soon! :goodvibes

Well, I've gone through the story and came to the end. I can't believe I finally finished one of these TRs all the way from leaving home to coming back home. Thank you everyone who read and commented; I appreciated your help with reliving my longest solo trip yet.

So, first, the goodies:

Clockwise from left to right, I have my big calendar I bought near SE in Epcot, my "purchase with purchase" fleece I bought at MK on my MVMCP night that I love, my GWTS ears that I won, my children's sized chopsticks from Japan (I buy these for my hair; still using the ones I bought back in 2010), my little MVMCP pin (I always felt sad that I didn't buy the one from my MNSSHP, but to be fair I was having a terrible night that night), and my BWI t-shirt (which I love as well).

On to some closing thoughts:

Magic Bands

Frankly, I loved the MBs. Of course, they always worked for me so it's easy to love them. I wore mine almost all the time and never had a problem with chafing or blistering or irritation or anything else. I loved being able to just wear my room key and credit card and never gave a care to having any of my info stolen (I know that is a concern for some because of the RFID).

FP+

I didn't like them, but I didn't hate them. I liked "having" them to use at a park at night since I'm always hopping from park to park and hate to wait in long lines. But I found myself not wanting to use them when they were available. I wish there was a FP+ on demand - where you got, say, three rides a day that you could just walk up to and get into the FP line. It will never happen, but a girl can dream, right?

I wasted my FP+ and used far more FP-. I'm a bit apprehensive about my fall trip.

No GAC/DAS

This was by far my most favorite aspect of my trip. I was so happy to know I am recovered enough from my surgery to behave like a "regular parkgoer" and not worry about the GAC/DAS and the problems that go along with them.

BWV 1-Bedroom

Many thanks go out again to the person who rented me points. It was a dream in many ways!

I liked BWV, and I think I will try and stay there in the future - but not for the reasons you think. I thought it was gorgeous and I loved the location, but the buses did me in. I would stay there in the future only for the quick proximity to Epcot and DHS, but only if I had a car or couldn't get into BCV. The buses were just TOO much.

I do really like the DVC points values, but there is no way I'll get a studio there when we go this fall, which is too bad because I'd love to be able to walk to Epcot for the F&W while we're there. Oh well, it will still be a wonderful trip that is ALREADY BOOKED with my mom; I guess I'm going to wait a few months and then start looking to rent points at a decent price. I just don't want SSR or OKW, but anything else will do. I can't rent through David's because I'm looking at such a small points value (only three nights, in a studio, after my mom leaves - AKL is like 27 points for my dates and David's requires 44 point rentals), so we'll see how it works out. If nothing works, then I'll book on an AP discount at one of the values.

Well that's it! Thanks again for joining in and as Mickey would say ...

SEE YA REAL SOON!

Just caught up - I hate that you had all that rain, but it sounds like a fabulous trip overall. And I'm still so jealous of that view of the TOT from your BWV, wow! :)

Thanks so much for the TR!

Awesome!!!!

Aw shucks, thanks. :goodvibes

Just caught up - I hate that you had all that rain, but it sounds like a fabulous trip overall. And I'm still so jealous of that view of the TOT from your BWV, wow! :)

Thanks so much for the TR!

I did have a great trip and I was ok with the rain, honestly. It didn't really impact my attitude, but it was too bad I didn't get a nice 90 degree day. :)

I LOVED that ToT view!!! I went out to my balcony every day to enjoy it.

Thank you for reading along and commenting! I'm sad it's over. :sad:

I can't believe your story is over! Now I'm already looking forward to the next one ;) (Wonder if our paths will cross again!)
I love that you took full advantage of your last day there. TT again -- :thumbsup2
I had a similar experience with the DME bus! Ours was very late getting us and then had two more long stops after. Next trip, I'm definitely requesting an earlier pick up, just to be safe!
So cute that the little boy made friends and sat with you. :goodvibes
Omg fishy smell on the plane... I would have been gagging!
Love the souvies and closing thoughts. I felt the same about MBs and FP+.
Loved the trip report! Thank you so much for sharing!
(When is your next trip???)

I managed to get caught up right as your report ended. It's been a rough couple weeks. Sad that your trip and report is over, but glad you had fun despite the rain and the busses. That's awesome that you had a park day on your departure day!

Your lunch looks good too! The green beans looks good - and I bet that the carrots were delicious. Slow cooked carrots are my FAVORITE THINGS. (have a stew going right now, with plenty of carrots) Plus, bacon. Mmm. I could go for some bacon right now! :laughing: Ok, time for breakfast!

I LOVE cooked carrots, especially ones that are cooked in a stew type broth! YUMMMY.

My flight went smoothly, except that the people behind me smelled REALLY badly. I mean, very bad. I don't think it was their fault; but they smelled like seafood to the point that if you had a shellfish allergy you probably couldn't have been on our plane. I'd imagine they went for one last seafood feast before hitting the plane and just didn't realize how they smelled. It's the first time I've come across that on a plane.

:sick:
Seriously. I probably would have had to switch seats!

I can't believe your story is over! Now I'm already looking forward to the next one ;) (Wonder if our paths will cross again!)
I love that you took full advantage of your last day there. TT again -- :thumbsup2
I had a similar experience with the DME bus! Ours was very late getting us and then had two more long stops after. Next trip, I'm definitely requesting an earlier pick up, just to be safe!
So cute that the little boy made friends and sat with you. :goodvibes
Omg fishy smell on the plane... I would have been gagging!
Love the souvies and closing thoughts. I felt the same about MBs and FP+.
Loved the trip report! Thank you so much for sharing!
(When is your next trip???)

Thanks for joining along and helping to make my trip report fun! Also, it was great to meet you guys and get a ride on SM together! :goodvibes

I wonder if we'll cross paths again - we're already booked for F&W next year! :thumbsup2 It will be my first time actually at F&W for any period of time since 2010.

I managed to get caught up right as your report ended. It's been a rough couple weeks. Sad that your trip and report is over, but glad you had fun despite the rain and the busses. That's awesome that you had a park day on your departure day!

I LOVE cooked carrots, especially ones that are cooked in a stew type broth! YUMMMY.

:sick:
Seriously. I probably would have had to switch seats!

I'm so sorry to hear you've had a rough couple of weeks. :( I do love a park day on departure day; I will do it on my next trip too! Thank you so much for following along; it was nice to have readers this time! :)

I have a beef stew going right now in the crockpot and I know that the carrots are going to be so delicious! I can't wait!!

Those fishy people were RIGHT behind me; they were the last ones on the plane. It was really strong and surprising, but once we took off the fans all turned on and you couldn't really smell them any more.

I just returned from the World today and having some post disney depression, your TR brought me back to mine! Great report, I wish to do a solo trip in a few years I love that fact of doing what I want when I want without worrying about anyone else!

So when in the fall are you going back with your Momma? :)

I always get the purchase with purchase items! I can't resist.

I'm really excited for the Magic Bands. I fall into that group of people that doesn't feel the need to have more than 3 FP's per day, so I'm loving having everything all ready for me, and I can go where I want as soon as I head into the park.

Great job!! Loved your report! :goodvibes

Thanks for reading! :) Glad you enjoyed it!

I just returned from the World today and having some post disney depression, your TR brought me back to mine! Great report, I wish to do a solo trip in a few years I love that fact of doing what I want when I want without worrying about anyone else!

Thanks for reading; it's so hard to come back from the World sometimes but these TRs drag it out just a little bit - which I like. I don't know if I'll do a TR for my mom-and-me/solo trip in the fall, but if I do, it certainly won't go as fast as this one did!

Anyone who is a big Disney fan should do a solo trip at some point, even if it's just a couple of nights. It's a WHOLE different experience!

So when in the fall are you going back with your Momma? :)

I always get the purchase with purchase items! I can't resist.

I'm really excited for the Magic Bands. I fall into that group of people that doesn't feel the need to have more than 3 FP's per day, so I'm loving having everything all ready for me, and I can go where I want as soon as I head into the park.

I'm going back in October! Nine nights and ten days. Longest trip I've taken to WDW in my life.

I know; the purchase with purchase is always very tempting! I waited to buy the p with p until the party because I wasn't spending much money and I knew we'd have to have pins and shirts and everything else then! :)

I want more than 3 FPs but I didn't hardly use them this trip! I wonder if it will be more useful when I'm not on a solo trip anymore, and have my mom there with me. Then we might get more use out of them. :confused3

------------------------------------------

I started a PTR!

Come on over and join me if you'd like!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter