• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ITS COMING -Nov. 2014 Free Dining - waiting, watching, wishing & worrying thread

I posted this in the other thread, but here are the key dates. The free dining promo will likely be released to Disney Visa holders on Thursday, May 1st and to the public on Wednesday, May 7. The likely dates included are: August 31 - October 3 October 26 - November 1 November 9 - November 20 December 12 - December 23
thank you so much. That's thanks I keep booking my trip just a week before week after the dining promotions. We are leaving on a cruise December 12 and staying at Disney the week prior. I would reverse the trip but it defeats the purpose of having a relaxing cruise at the end of your vacation

Yeah but don't I have to be lucky enough to get a pin? lol That may not happen :(

Yes, you have to get one to use one. Make sure your boyfriend has an account with one of Disney's companies (like ESPN). Pins are random, but have as many accounts as you can within your traveling party to increase your odds. Good luck! pixiedust:

This happened to us we were checking in on the last day of free dining but my husband couldn't come with us. the kids and I flew down a day early and he met us the next day.

Great idea! I would even volunteer to check in on my own & have a day to myself at Disney:))

what is the pin code I have never heard of it. We do have the Disney Visa card.

Pin codes (more recently called unique offer codes) are sent via email or snail mail by Disney Destinations. They can either be for free dining, a percentage off rooms, pretty much any kind of discount Disney offers. They will have select dates and select resorts that they can be used for, and they are nontransferable, meaning they are only usable by the person/household they are sent to.they are not related to the Disney Bisa, and the only thing required to be eligible to receive one is that you have an account with one of Disney's companies. They are sent out randomly.

I am confused and I'm trying to read back on previous posts. What is the advantage of booking before they release the free dining dates?

I am confused and I'm trying to read back on previous posts. What is the advantage of booking before they release the free dining dates?

There isn't one. Not in terms of getting the deal, at least. The only reason to book ahead of a deal is to be able to make all of your ADRs at the 180 day mark. Otherwise, booking in advance hurts your chances of a deal being offered.

Feeling like a crazy person today ... I just gave my TA a list of back up resorts/views (total of 6) just in case our first choice isn't available. I hope one of my options works out!

Feeling like a crazy person today ... I just gave my TA a list of back up resorts/views (total of 6) just in case our first choice isn't available. I hope one of my options works out!

It's not so crazy... I did the same thing!! Although I didn't give views, just a list of resorts in order of preference.

Yes, you have to get one to use one. Make sure your boyfriend has an account with one of Disney's companies (like ESPN). Pins are random, but have as many accounts as you can within your traveling party to increase your odds. Good luck! pixiedust:

Thank you! I've signed us both up wherever possible!!! Just waiting now! :thumbsup2

It's not so crazy... I did the same thing!! Although I didn't give views, just a list of resorts in order of preference.

Well ... I only want to stay at particular (moderate) resorts if I can have a certain view :) For deluxe, I don't care :)

Are the codes we will get through Disney Visa all be different unique ones for our own accounts? I'm just wondering if I have to wait around and go through my spam at 7am or if I can just call and give my card number

Are the codes we will get through Disney Visa all be different unique ones for our own accounts? I'm just wondering if I have to wait around and go through my spam at 7am or if I can just call and give my card number

No codes are needed for a visa offer. Disney will have them.

Is the free dining offer the same as last year in terms of QS for values and the regular dining plan for MODS and Deluxe hotels?

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this question, but, hoping somebody will be able to help me out. No DV for us, so we'll be trying to book next week with GP. By that time, will there be any chance of getting a POR AB room (family of 5) or should I just let go of that hope now?

Is the free dining offer the same as last year in terms of QS for values and the regular dining plan for MODS and Deluxe hotels?

Yes, quick service dining for values and regular dining for moderates and deluxes is the same as last year, and for the last few years.

I'm lost... why is the first post on this thread dated as August of 2013 for 2014 Free dining?

Because the thread to start talking about plans for November 2014 and potential free dining for that period started last August. Never too early. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter