ITS COMING -Nov. 2014 Free Dining - waiting, watching, wishing & worrying thread

Do you have to book with the Disney Visa to get the code? I have one but we didn't use it to pay because we used a TA through my husbands work and we had to use his company's credit card to get his discount. I am going to use it for our Adrs

So my dates are one day off to get FD. We arrive Nov 2 & based on the dates it starts Nov 1...We can go one day earlier but have to pay $75 per plane ticket to change ($300 for us). Thoughts on if it is worth it? We were going to stay off-site unless good offer & would stay in one of the Values (which is actually cheaper than the off-site hotel).

Also what if we do not actually CHECK in in person on the 1st but just do online check-in? This would be cheaper than changing flights.

I can't read back if this has been allready answered I have physical,therapy in a few . Is their a fd offer out for nov if u have a disney card? I have the card but didnt get any info . My dates are nov 14 but. Might have to cancel depends on my healing process . Right now we have pofq booked with 30 percent off for nov. I like fd better

Art of Animation and French Quarter appear to be excluded from free dining. This is due to those resorts having high bookings. Once a resort books up, there is no need for a discount.

Remember, having a room booked in advance guarantees nothing. If availability sells out for that resort or room type, you'll just end up having to switch resorts anyway.

Joe I have 30 percent off pofq nov 14-23. if fd comes out your saying pofq won't switch my room discount for a fd promo ? Is fd coming out I haven't had the heart to look on here Because of my situation of my having to cancel. Looks like my march knee surgery is healing up I have one more May 22.. If it's just a meniscus shave I will be able to make my November plans so free dining is common I want to know and you're the man Joe

I posted this in the other thread, but here are the key dates.

The free dining promo will likely be released to Disney Visa holders on Thursday, May 1st and to the public on Wednesday, May 7.

The likely dates included are:
August 31 - October 3
October 26 - November 1
November 9 - November 20
December 12 - December 23

Oh man it's my dates. Surgery HEALLLLLLLL. Lol. I want fd

So my dates are one day off to get FD. We arrive Nov 2 & based on the dates it starts Nov 1...We can go one day earlier but have to pay $75 per plane ticket to change ($300 for us). Thoughts on if it is worth it? We were going to stay off-site unless good offer & would stay in one of the Values (which is actually cheaper than the off-site hotel).

Also what if we do not actually CHECK in in person on the 1st but just do online check-in? This would be cheaper than changing flights.

I believe you could go ahead and move you room dates up to Nov 1st and then like you say check in on line. Even if you do not show up till the next day your package is booked beginning on Nov 1st. So that to me would work better than paying the change fees for the airport...You will just have those extra FD credits too use throughout the week.
Maybe you could do a signature dining!!:goodvibes

I have not booked any flight for our Nov dates..SW schedule not open.
I am checking in on Nov 1st...So I too hope that date works out for us!;)

Joe I have 30 percent off pofq nov 14-23. if fd comes out your saying pofq won't switch my room discount for a fd promo ? Is fd coming out I haven't had the heart to look on here Because of my situation of my having to cancel. Looks like my march knee surgery is healing up I have one more May 22.. If it's just a meniscus shave I will be able to make my November plans so free dining is common I want to know and you're the man Joe

If POFQ is excluded, then no, they will not apply it to your stay. You would have to switch resorts. It is expected to go live tomorrow morning for Visa holders and next Wednesday for the public.

I believe you could go ahead and move you room dates up to Nov 1st and then like you say check in on line. Even if you do not show up till the next day your package is booked beginning on Nov 1st. So that to me would work better than paying the change fees for the airport...You will just have those extra FD credits too use throughout the week.
Maybe you could do a signature dining!!:goodvibes

I have not booked any flight for our Nov dates..SW schedule not open.
I am checking in on Nov 1st...So I too hope that date works out for us!;)

That will not work. You have to physically check in on Nov 1, or at least very early on the morning of Nov 2, prior to the computers rolling over. Otherwise, they will consider you a no show, and cancel your reservation.

That will not work. You have to physically check in on Nov 1, or at least very early on the morning of Nov 2, prior to the computers rolling over. Otherwise, they will consider you a no show, and cancel your reservation.

I have done it with rented points, but I guess maybe that is different? My reservation was booked, but our plans changed and we could not check in till the next day and our room was still waiting for us.

if it is paid in full then I don't see how it would matter. I would call central reservations and ask them and see what they say.

You paid for the room whether you check in or not.....:confused3

I have done it with rented points, but I guess maybe that is different? My reservation was booked, but our plans changed and we could not check in till the next day and our room was still waiting for us.

if it is paid in full then I don't see how it would matter. I would call central reservations and ask them and see what they say.

You paid for the room whether you check in or not.....:confused3

Point stays are different. With a point stay, you were not trying to get hundreds of dollars worth of food for free. ;)

You could always fly part of the party down early. Just one person needs to check in to make it work. :goodvibes

This happened to us we were checking in on the last day of free dining but my husband couldn't come with us. the kids and I flew down a day early and he met us the next day.

Point stays are different. With a point stay, you were not trying to get hundreds of dollars worth of food for free. ;)

You could always fly part of the party down early. Just one person needs to check in to make it work. :goodvibes

This is true!! LOL:goodvibes

We are booked at the Contemporary Resort on 11/1 through 11/9...what are the chances of getting free dining without having to change resorts? I do have my reservation booked with my Disney Visa.

We are booked at the Contemporary Resort on 11/1 through 11/9...what are the chances of getting free dining without having to change resorts? I do have my reservation booked with my Disney Visa.

There's a pretty good chance of staying at the contemporary if you're on of the first callers! Make sure you or your TA is on the phone tomorrow morning! I'm getting up early to call in for my clients :)

I'm bummed hat Nov 30-Dec 5 isn't one of the rumored dates. I can't move it because my boyfriend is a police officer and he only gets certain days off. :sad:

so I'm guessing calling at 5-6am before going to work is not an option? Really want to wait until the offer is announced. Sorry I have never tried to book that early but will not have access to the internet until much later in the day. :sad2:

I'm bummed hat Nov 30-Dec 5 isn't one of the rumored dates. I can't move it because my boyfriend is a police officer and he only gets certain days off. :sad:

Those dates were also excluded from the public offer last year, but they were included in the PIN code. Hopefully pins will go out soon.

so I'm guessing calling at 5-6am before going to work is not an option? Really want to wait until the offer is announced. Sorry I have never tried to book that early but will not have access to the internet until much later in the day. :sad2:

Calling before the phone lines open will just result in a "we are closed" recording.

Do you have to book with the Disney Visa to get the code? I have one but we didn't use it to pay because we used a TA through my husbands work and we had to use his company's credit card to get his discount. I am going to use it for our Adrs

I asked a similar question when we got our Chase last week

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3265474

I think I will log in today and do a $200 payment, just to be on the safe side.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter