ITS COMING -Nov. 2014 Free Dining - waiting, watching, wishing & worrying thread

We are looking at booking from Nov. 29 - Dec. 6 at French Quarter. It's been a few years since we were able to go to Disney.

I am dreaming of warmer weather and a beautiful castle!! So sick of this cold weather. Another night of possible ice. We lost power last week for 4 days!! Hope we all get a break from this mess soon as I know it has been worse in other states.
Here's to sweet dreams of a magical vacation!! Only 242 more days.:woohoo:

I have a disney visa and they just automatically send me emails. You may want to update your account info on-line, or call, to be sure they have your email address. The visa website us updated with deals, so check it regularly. Hope this helps

Fingers crossed here -- we have deluxe from 11/30 to 12/6 so this would be really awesome!

Fingers crossed here -- we have deluxe from 11/30 to 12/6 so this would be really awesome!

We only go those weeks (Thanksgiving and the week after) and they did not offer it the past two years. Not sure it will be any different this year, but there's always hope!

Actually last year if you checked in up to the Saturday before thanksgiving you were able to get it. Here's hoping it's the same this year!

Actually last year if you checked in up to the Saturday before thanksgiving you were able to get it. Here's hoping it's the same this year!

I believe the last date was the 22nd, so if you were lucky enough to get in that early.. otherwise, it wasn't actually offered during those weeks.

We are all booked! Nov 9-15 at Port Orleans Riverside :) we got the email to order our magic bands as well. I wasn't expecting that so soon!

I believe the last date was the 22nd, so if you were lucky enough to get in that early.. otherwise, it wasn't actually offered during those weeks.

Yeah I guess it was the Friday. I still hope it comes back this year! pixiedust:

For you, the room discount may be better than the free dining in you are planning to stay in a deluxe resort. You will have to do the math and figure it out. It would depend on how large your party is. Sometimes, the discount may be 30% off and this may be more of a savings than the free dining (free dining can only be applied to a non-discounted room rate).
Now... The pin code is a special discount that is sent out to select individuals that allows them to take advantage of special room, tickets, packages, or dining discounts. Supposedly, these pin codes are sent out randomly via email or traditional mail. My sister was lucky enough to get one once. Sometimes, these same deals will be released to the public, but at a later date. No one really knows how to get one of these coveted pin codes, but there are many theories out there. Some people believe that your chances are increased if you order a disney planning guide DVD,order free customized disney maps, register on disney website and start to an a trip (but don't actually book), or book a reservation and them cancel. Who really knows?! But.. It never hurts to call disney and see if you have a pin code attached to your name,because I have heard that sometimes People have a code and don't even know it.
Well, good luck with everything:yay:

In 2012, I got an offer mailed to me that was some sort of a combo room discount and free (quick service) dining and we stayed at ASMo in September...the trip was super cheap, I swear I do not remember the actual deal but it was for the values ONLY and there were 4 of us and it was cheap. My husband actually had a burst appendix 3 weeks before the trip and we thought we had to cancel, but we went.

I think I got it because I "parked" a trip and didn't book AND ordered a planning DVD and went to Disneyland in 2011...but I could be wrong. I do recall it was mailed to me, with my name all pre-printed on it and that it was for the values. All I do know is that my husband got himself well FAST (he REALLY wanted to go, lol) and it was my DS's 15th birthday and we were picked for Grand Marshalls for the parade in MK! Which was funny because we were hiding the trip from family (we lied and said we were at the Wisconsin Dells :laughing:) because things were rough in our family at the time (2 siblings lost their jobs) and we felt guilty...so we laughed when they announced us LOUDLY as the Grand Marshals. That is the only deal I ever got from WDW and I am not sure if that is even a pin code???

Yeah I guess it was the Friday. I still hope it comes back this year! pixiedust:

I'm hoping so too! Planning to book for Nov 21- 28. On our last trip (Thanksgiving 2011), we arrived the Friday before just in time to take advantage of FD for our entire trip.

I keep tossing around the thought of booking our MYW package now & then watching for FD (which will probably not be announced til July/Aug if there is an offer). Would like to have package early enough to schedule dining at 180 days out.

I'm in the same boat as you. I just can't decide if I should book now so that I can book my dining reservations 180days out.. OR, hold off. I have read that if too many people pre-book, then they may not offer the free dining. Decisions, decisions...

We received free dining for our stay from 11/23/13-11/29/13. I was surprised it was offered for the Saturday before thanksgiving. We actually moved our trip date earlier to take advantage of the offer. In 2012, free dining was offered up until the Friday before thanksgiving.

We will be going the Friday before thanksgiving this year (11/21/14). Hoping for free dining! We're only staying 3 nights before we get on the Disney Dream for 4 nights :)

Okay, I apologize if this is the dumbest question ever, but here goes...

Can I still make ADR's if I don't have a trip booked? I'm hoping for free dining and won't book until it hopefully comes out-but we are going regardless. So I'd like to book my ADR's. I am of the "watch and wait" camp--if too many book too early, then they may not offer FD.

I guess that with the credit card guarantee, I figured I could book the ADR's, but I could be totally wrong.

Okay, I apologize if this is the dumbest question ever, but here goes... Can I still make ADR's if I don't have a trip booked? I'm hoping for free dining and won't book until it hopefully comes out-but we are going regardless. So I'd like to book my ADR's. I am of the "watch and wait" camp--if too many book too early, then they may not offer FD. I guess that with the credit card guarantee, I figured I could book the ADR's, but I could be totally wrong.

Yes you can! I think it's 60 days out if you don't have a reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter