ITS COMING -Nov. 2014 Free Dining - waiting, watching, wishing & worrying thread

What are the dates for fall free dining in 2013, and how does this match up with past years? Thanks!

They have closed up dates compared to previous years. See my previous post today for my theory as to why. We go during free dining in November and it has also gotten considerably more crowded in the years we have been going, especially right at Thanksgiving.

Do you have an idea of when you would like to go?

New to this thread...and might not even get to go next year...but it doesn't hurt to hope.

What days are the best in November to go? I know it can fluctuate a lot...but on average?

I was thinking the first week of the month, and hoping to hit a portion of W&F, but who knows.

This is a great time to go, according to the crowd calendars.

If you get FDing, sometimes its cheaper to upgrade to a MOD then to pay the upgrade fees... you could look into that :goodvibes

I have found that with younger kids, we didnt really hop at all. Esp since you are going for 7 or 8 days, you could do a park a day have the rest day, the waterpark day. My DD was 4 last year and though she had a blast was very tired. We do DxDP that way we have a character breakfast or Lunch for the kids and then we have a nice dinner like Coral Reef, or Yachtsman steakhouse.... That being said you can find the 2014 upgrade dining prices per person per day and then figure out how much a MOD would cost... bet its almost the same :)

Thank you!
That is the kind of advice I need :)

Reader AKA Gail

There's a couple of theories on this one after last year's switch up with free dining. I, personally, have not booked my trip yet because it seems dates were tightened and blacked out because Disney saw rooms were filled, so they didn't need to offer. Too many people were booked with the intention of adding free dining, that they didn't need to offer it for a lot of dates they previsiously had. I'm going to wait until I have a firm offer to book. If I don't have anything by mid to late September, then I will look at my other options.

As for the park hoppers, we tried it our first trip when the kids were small and just didn't see the value in them. I have teenagers now and they still don't mind that we don't pay the extra. If you were staying for only 4 or 5 days, it might be worth the extra. I think the time you spend "hopping" isn't worth the price you pay to do it.

Many others will disagree with these statements, but these are what we will be doing personally.

This exactly what I am looking for.:thumbsup2 your experience and thoughts. Thank you !

When my boyfriend gets his schedule for next year (he's police officer) we are going to book it. I am aiming for Nov 30-Dec 6. I think I am just going to book it in January/Feb when he gets it and then hopefully wait for a free dining to come out and then call and adjust it. We can do that right? Add a discount to an existing reservation?

When my boyfriend gets his schedule for next year (he's police officer) we are going to book it. I am aiming for Nov 30-Dec 6. I think I am just going to book it in January/Feb when he gets it and then hopefully wait for a free dining to come out and then call and adjust it. We can do that right? Add a discount to an existing reservation?

I hope that free dining is offered for those dates, but a public offer was not available for this time period in 2013. You would have needed either a pin code or visa offer for this year to have booked these dates.

I believe Disney didn't offer these dates because so many did what you are planning. Reservations in the system showed the dates were full enough that Disney didn't need to offer any deals to the public. Lets hope it isn't the case for 2014.

I'll join in on the fun. We're planning on arriving November 30th. We'll be celebrating my DD and DS's birthdays and it'll be their first trip. My DH and I will also be celebrating our 5 year wedding anniversary. Our honeymoon was spent at Disney World during the week of Christmas, which was insane to say the least. Hoping the crowds aren't so bad this time.

We're planning our trip for Nov 29 - Dec 6. Would definitely love a room only discount!!!!

I love Disney all decorated for Christmas!!!!

So....we are almost getting to the point where we can stop saying "going to Disney next November" and using the" I'm going to Disney in November" terminology. Anyone else excited?

Not as excited as I would be if we were going next month, but its something. :lmao: Besides, there's much too much planning to do before I can go. Planning is half the fun, right?

Sadly, our numbers keep changing for who is going and who isn't. Found out my DS who is in college won't be making the trip with us.....too much important class stuff to miss! Its sad, but I told him I would find a way to make it up to him.

Then we had my sister-in-law and her family back out. She said they just aren't Disney people. :confused3 That's OK, I'm Disney enough for about 10 people! ;)

Then my mother-in-law decided not to go, since the sister-in-law backed out.

We then decided to invite DS14's best friend to come along. His parents said yes, so we were all set to have him along with us. Got a phone call last night from his family (who happen to be close friends of ours) and his mom said....what would you think if our family came along with you next Thanksgiving? Here was the family reaction :eek::yay::dance3::woohoo::cool1:

So, we are at a tally of: Me, DH, DS14, DS9, my sisters (2), DS friend & family for a total of 10 of us. I expect this number to keep transforming over the next 393 days. MIL will change her mind at least three more times and who knows when and if my mom will actually make a decision?

Still haven't decided if we will drive or fly. Depends on airfare prices, which I don't think we will see until February?

Also have fingers crossed that free dining will happen, but aren't sure what we will do if it isn't. Out of pocket, I think.

How is everyone else doing for vacation planning? Do you all think I'm crazy for thinking about all of this more than a year in advance? Just wait.....it will get worse, I promise! :rolleyes1:rolleyes1 Stick with me. We will all get there with a little help and support from our Dis friends.

How is everyone else doing for vacation planning? Do you all think I'm crazy for thinking about all of this more than a year in advance? Just wait.....it will get worse, I promise! :rolleyes1:rolleyes1 Stick with me. We will all get there with a little help and support from our Dis friends.
How about thinking about it when you were on the MDE going back to the airport from your February 2013 trip? Would that made you sound a bit insane? I hope not because that was me! I had my laptop open and I was already looking over possible dates!

Our numbers won't change, there'll be me and my mother only but you can bet your BOG ADR that our plans will move all over the place in the next 364 days (but hey, who's counting!): I'm already having trouble to decide between CG, Narcoossee's and Jiko's. Should I keep all? Should I nix Narcoossee's since I've done it before? What about Boma? Breakfast? Dinner? BOTH? I'm all over the places with my ADR wishlist and I still have 6 months to change my mind before I have to actually book anything :crazy2:

I really want Free Dining but I refuse to change resorts. It's POFQ and that's it. Not even upgrading to deluxe will make me feel better, I really want to stay at POFQ again. How crazy is that? So now I pray POFQ is actually included this time around and I can have my cake and eat it too. Is that really too much to ask?

We are crossing our fingers in Upstate NY as well. After using dvcbyrequest.com in December of 2012, we were going to wait until 2016 or whenever the next wave of refurbs and new lands open, but after the year we've both had (mainly some medical malpractice for a routine surgery that almost cost me my life) we decided to speed up the process a bit. 2 months in a hospital makes you feel like you deserve a nice vacation :-)

For now, we are looking at the 10/25 cruise out of PC and then staying at AOA or Pop afterwards. Looking at the prior 2 years though, it doesn't look like we'll fall into the window. Holding off on booking anything but the cruise until they announce, so if we need to go land then sea, we can.

Good luck everyone!

We are booked for Nov.8-15 in the cabins. I won't change resorts, because my kids begged to "go back home". I sure would like FD or some kind of discount though. I have been going to Disney for awhile, go to the Disney on Ice every year and between the kids and I, have an account on every Disney .com available. We have NEVER gotten a pin code! :(

We were booked for this November with a 35% discount at WL (would have left today), but had to cancel because daughter in law is having problems with pregnancy. So, we are up for next November 15-23! Two of our four kids and their spouses, and our first grandbaby, may come with us, so looking for free dining at POFQ or POR! We will keep an eye on things and probably not book until discounts come out.

I'm in! DD requested a birthday trip & DH gave the OK :woohoo:
We haven't booked yet & are flexible with resorts. We're planning for Nov 8-16 but might adjust dates if there is a free dining offer.

I have been planning for Nov 2015, but really want to bump it to 2014. My baby will be 1 in Feb, so I want him to be a little older...

I'm thinking we're going to have to move our June 2014 trip to Thanksgiving week. I've been that week before so I know what kinds of crowds I'm in for. At least it won't be hot!

I'm not really expecting free dining for that week, but I'm at least hoping for a RO discount.

We stayed at POR November 14-21st and loved it. The weather was great, the crowds weren't bad and the Christmas decorations were up!

We booked the Free Dining bounceback for August/September next year but I really would prefer to go back in November. Here's hoping free dining is offered in November next year!

hmmmm..it's a long way away, but I'm in....I like traveling in November

We're in for Thanksgiving Week. We will book the beginning of the trip for the Friday before Thanksgiving week starts in hopes of getting free dining for the trip. I was surprised to see Free Dining for the Saturday before Thanksgiving this year. If that luck holds out, we'll be set :thumbsup2. We went in 2012 the same week. Checked in on Thursday, a week before Thanksgiving and had free dining the entire 12 day trip :cool1:. Hoping for similar luck in 2014!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter