ITS COMING -Nov. 2014 Free Dining - waiting, watching, wishing & worrying thread

Joining the thread. Just decided to go during Jersey Week as we're from Jersey and this is the best time of the year to go for our family. We will only be there for 4 days because of school/ work schedules but it's the best we can do!

Looking forward to planning!

Joining in and waiting with you.

I decided I want to celebrate my 50th at WDW, so that is what we are doing. Nov 6 2014. We'll wait and see what discounts look like before booking anything. We are pretty flexible on days and stuff, as long as we know what our plans are at least a month out.

It's been a long time since we did WDW, so I can see I've got lots of reading to do!

New to this thread...and might not even get to go next year...but it doesn't hurt to hope.

What days are the best in November to go? I know it can fluctuate a lot...but on average?

I was thinking the first week of the month, and hoping to hit a portion of W&F, but who knows.

We will be there Nov. 2014. My parents will be celebrating their 50th anniversary at Disney World :goodvibes. Only 14 months to go!!!

Went to Disney first time this Sept for my 55th Bday. WOW!:)

Would like to take my family next year maybe Nov.
4 Adults one almost 3 year old

My thoughts:

7or 8 day trip:

Pop century- two rooms
Quick dinning service plans or look into other (DIL likes sit down, dress up)
Tickets with park hopper option
One day at a water park ?
One day stay at hotel to relax

Will book with Jetblue for flights but unsure best way to book the rest.

Any advice so appreciated :) Should I just book with Disney and watch for deals ?

Used to booking and watching my own trips just not Disney.

Thanks Reader

I think we're going to try and go during November 2014, so sign me up! It'll be just me and my partner, probably for two weeks if she can get the time off. I'd love to stay at a mod this time, but we'll have to see how finances are in the next year. Anyway I'll be here waiting for discounts! :yay:

My thoughts:

7or 8 day trip:

Pop century- two rooms

Any advice so appreciated :) Should I just book with Disney and watch for deals ?

Thanks Reader

If you get FDing, sometimes its cheaper to upgrade to a MOD then to pay the upgrade fees... you could look into that :goodvibes

I have found that with younger kids, we didnt really hop at all. Esp since you are going for 7 or 8 days, you could do a park a day have the rest day, the waterpark day. My DD was 4 last year and though she had a blast was very tired. We do DxDP that way we have a character breakfast or Lunch for the kids and then we have a nice dinner like Coral Reef, or Yachtsman steakhouse.... That being said you can find the 2014 upgrade dining prices per person per day and then figure out how much a MOD would cost... bet its almost the same :)

So far my plans including checking in on the 11th but I can move up or down a day if the FD offer is offered for POFQ. There'll be 2 of us staying for 13 days so FD would be a HUGE help!

I'll not change resorts just to get the promo but I'll be happy if we're included.

We are going in Nov 2014, but decided to use the teacher discount at the Swan and pay OOP for dining. I have done the waiting/wishing/cringing three years now and I just decided to change it up for once.

8 nights/9 days for 179 a night. Not a bad deal in my eyes. :cool1:

What are the dates for fall free dining in 2013, and how does this match up with past years? Thanks!

My thoughts:

7or 8 day trip:

Pop century- two rooms

Thanks Reader

There's a couple of theories on this one after last year's switch up with free dining. I, personally, have not booked my trip yet because it seems dates were tightened and blacked out because Disney saw rooms were filled, so they didn't need to offer. Too many people were booked with the intention of adding free dining, that they didn't need to offer it for a lot of dates they previsiously had. I'm going to wait until I have a firm offer to book. If I don't have anything by mid to late September, then I will look at my other options.

As for the park hoppers, we tried it our first trip when the kids were small and just didn't see the value in them. I have teenagers now and they still don't mind that we don't pay the extra. If you were staying for only 4 or 5 days, it might be worth the extra. I think the time you spend "hopping" isn't worth the price you pay to do it.

Many others will disagree with these statements, but these are what we will be doing personally.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter