"It's Coming and it's BLUE" - A July 2010 TR - COMPLETED!!

Holy smokes! I’m here!!! HERE I AM, ON T HE DIS!!! Even though we’ve been keeping in touch, I must admit I haven’t read ANYTHING on the DIS since March – too depressed that my May trip fell through. BUT WHO CARES, cause we’re going in October and everything is beautiful and nothing hurts now!!! Anyway, prepare for the Longest Comment EVAR! So big that I spelled ever with an A, so you would really get just how long it is going to be. Please don’t feel obligated to reply to every little thing I say, most of it will probably be drivel anyway. Ok, here we go.

Lia’s insightful and genius comments on Update #1 from 3/26:

I hate when you can see your bus is there but you know that you are just not going to catch unless you run like a MADWOMAN in the Florida heat, screaming at strangers to hold the bus for you.

LOL omg those kissing teenage weirdos. That is super creepy. I would have been seriously side-eyeing them (which I’m sure you were).

It’s so weird that you ended up on t he GF bus, took all these pics at the GF, and that I am reading t his post now, because for the past week or so I have been craving the GF like crazy, more than any other area of Disney! AND OMG!! BASIN!!!!!!! How I miss you so! I actually ordered some soap from their website not too long ago b/c I needed a little Disney pick me up. I may or may not have cried when the package arrived.

Whoa, I totally forgot that you told me you’re staying at CSR this time. That’s awesome, I’ve wanted to stay there for awhile. It seems to have the most chill, relaxed atmosphere of all the Moderates.

Update #2 from 3/28

I’m not a pool person on vacation either, ESPECIALLY at Disney. Why would I want to swim in a pool, something I can do at home (not literally, since we don’t have a pool BUT I MEAN pools are everywhere, Disney is not) when I’m at DISNEY WORLD. Hello. I still enjoy it from time to time (as shown in Day 1 of my TR where I was flipping off of various surfaces into the CBR pool) Also, the crowded thing is the worst. Like, I know there’s chlorine and everything but there are just sooo many sweaty, park-going bodies all up on me right now, and none of them are boy band members, so no thanks!! That’s why, if I DO swim at the resort, it’s usually at night.

OHANA!!!! Ohmygodiwantpotstickersrightnowomg! Sooo excited to FINALLY, at long, LONG last eat at Ohana this fall! I can’t wait for my first lapu lapu either! The food looks insanely good….like……*drops dead*

OK I’ve resurrected. Thank you for the shout out! Food Drunkenness Awareness needs to be spread so that people don’t drive whilst fooddrunk and end up in prison because the food at Disney is just THAT good. Not that it wouldn’t be worth it – I’d TOTALLY spend a night in the can if I could have a meal at Disney right now. No prob. But what I’m saying is this: Better safe than sorry.

I love that you spent 2 hours there. I feel like my mom and I were at Boma for four days. We just kept eating. It just wouldn’t end. Hence the Food Drunkenness!

I love that pic of you and your sister – your outfits are so cute and you look so happy!

Stacy is the BEST thing to watch ever while food drunk. I know from experience, but I think you probably could guess that.

Update #3 from 4/3

Oh man do I know the randomly bursting into tears thing well. During my last day at Disney last trip, I generated enough tears to open a new Ocean for business. It also happens on my first day, though, mostly out of utter shock that I even get to be there and have THAT amazing a time. But when I am on my way home, oh my god you’d think my entire family died.

Hmm. That’s very UNDisneyish for them to not tell you guys what was going on and also not give you guys like 10 fastpasses each. Sheesh, Disney, what are you… UNIVERSAL??????? I shudder to think!

Is it bad that I wanna dress like Bert from Mary Poppins? I just like freaking people out, I guess.

As a child I was fascinated by Huffalumps and Woozles and I used to sing that SLY SLY SLY part soo loud hahaha.

Every time I see a family wearing green I’m like OMG, MY PEOPLE ARE HERE!! But I never go up to them caaaaause I’m awkward.

I seriously don’t know how you do it in July with those crowds + heat, I’m too spoiled by the ghost town that Disney can be at the right times in April/October. Then again, it’s WDW, so I’m pretty sure I would be gleefully skipping around under any circumstances, but ahhh! Sweaty bodies!! Long lines!!! BEGONE!!

LOL “There doesn’t seem to be any track.” No, no… there doesn’t. and there is no lap bar/seatbelt. How EXACTLY have millions of people not died on Splash? Seriously.

You totally look like the You May Get Wet sign in that pic LOL. But in a fierce way, tbh.

Update #4 from 4/10

I know we’ve talked about our mutual Small World love before but I would just like to state again – IASW rocks!!! Always loved it, always will, not annoyed by the song, etc!

I take pics of all the trash cans too. It’s hard not to stroke them and say, “oooh, pretty!” but I (usually) refrain.

OMG what an awesome princess sticker! Want! And I love that you had to share it with your sister just like when Michelle shares hers. I think we all learned a valuable lesson from that episode, don’t you think?

Update #5 from 4/17

Hahaha totally not surprised that the screeching halt noise makes you nostalgic! The smell of Disney’s BATHROOMS makes me nostalgic. Seriously, I was at Whole Foods not too long ago and I think they may have briefly used the same cleaning product Disney uses in there because I was practically in tears. I’ve been back since, though, and it’s not the same smell, so I probably just conjured it up in my crazy, Disney World-starved mind.

I love how Disney is so peaceful and fab that you chose not to taunt the other school’s team. When I was kid, I got in huge trouble because my friends and I were throwing popcorn at Dallas Cowboys fans LOL. I probably wouldn’t do that at Disney, though. Most likely. I think.

What a cute convo with Alice!! I love when they say things like that and it’s not just a usual “hi, nice to meet you, picture, bye!” thing.

PUT THAT THING BACK WHERE IT CAME FROM OR SO HELP MEEEEEEEE (BUM BUM BUM BUM)!! I also break into that quite often.

Update #6 4/25

I used to call it Yew Nork when I was little! Every time we'd go there, or see the skyline from Jersey, I would SCREAM it. I didn't even know about that Sonny Eclipse song. I love when I learn WDW things I didn't know about before.

It is *SO WEIRD* that you brought up being proposed to on Space Mountain b/c yesterday I was at Six Flags and my friend said it would be cool to propose to a girl right before you take off on Kingda Ka (this is Kingda Ka). And I was like FIRST OF ALL, no. You're already insanely overwhelmed since you're about to be shot into the air like a lunatic on the tallest, fastest rollercoaster ever... secondly, if I had a boyfriend who decided to propose to me on a rollercoaster and it WASN'T Space Mountain, I would be horrified and break up with him. True story.

Oh wow, you got a really cute Aladdin, didn't you? I agree Aladdin is way hotter than Eric. Eric is super hot but he's just kind of a regular prince. Aladdin has character (no pun intended) and street smarts and is QUITE agile and had do go through a bunch of crap before he became a prince. Plus, he has Abu. Eric's dog is cute and all but Abu is a snotty, fierce HBIC which is automatically better.

Latest update!!! 6/2

I LOVE THE WORD DISEMBARK too. I say it all the time cause of WDW, and you'd be surprised how many people don't even know what it means. MAJOR EYE ROLL AT THOSE PEOPLE.

That picture of your sister jumping is so awesome!

I always think about how incredible it is that you can have so many varying, isolated experiences in one place too. And you're right about the whole what does "the real thing" even mean. What's real to you is real in your own world. Everyone has their own reality, and it doesn't mean your crazy, it's just your own little way of seeing the world. When I look at something, you can look at the same thing and see it completely differently, and that doesn't mean that one of us is wrong and the other is right. Before I get too rambly, I have to say that I am very much a realist in my life. But at Disney World, I AM in Africa. I do go to space. I do see 999 ghosts.. I do enjoy a polynesian getaway. Just because I'm not in Hawaii, doesn't mean it's not real. It IS real! :wizard:

I don't think I've ever seen that Tomorrowland Towers poster before! They should totally do a Tomorrowland themed, ultra-futuristic hotel. That would be awesome!

hahahahaha omg the "I don't know where I'm supposed to look!" picture is priceless.

WOW WHY HAVE I NEVER SEEN THE STITCH AND PLUTO TOMORROWLAND DANCE PARTY. I CAN'T EVEN...... I WOULD DIE. Dancing in public is something I find pretty necessary in almost all situations, so the thought of doing it with Stitch at Disney World makes me shake with excitement.

WHEW. Done! Can't wait for the next update...and I am never going to disappear again... I think.

Holy smokes! I’m here!!! HERE I AM, ON T HE DIS!!! Even though we’ve been keeping in touch, I must admit I haven’t read ANYTHING on the DIS since March – too depressed that my May trip fell through. BUT WHO CARES, cause we’re going in October and everything is beautiful and nothing hurts now!!! Anyway, prepare for the Longest Comment EVAR! So big that I spelled ever with an A, so you would really get just how long it is going to be. Please don’t feel obligated to reply to every little thing I say, most of it will probably be drivel anyway. Ok, here we go.

Lia’s insightful and genius comments on Update #1 from 3/26:

I hate when you can see your bus is there but you know that you are just not going to catch unless you run like a MADWOMAN in the Florida heat, screaming at strangers to hold the bus for you.

LOL omg those kissing teenage weirdos. That is super creepy. I would have been seriously side-eyeing them (which I’m sure you were).

It’s so weird that you ended up on t he GF bus, took all these pics at the GF, and that I am reading t his post now, because for the past week or so I have been craving the GF like crazy, more than any other area of Disney! AND OMG!! BASIN!!!!!!! How I miss you so! I actually ordered some soap from their website not too long ago b/c I needed a little Disney pick me up. I may or may not have cried when the package arrived.

Whoa, I totally forgot that you told me you’re staying at CSR this time. That’s awesome, I’ve wanted to stay there for awhile. It seems to have the most chill, relaxed atmosphere of all the Moderates.

Update #2 from 3/28

I’m not a pool person on vacation either, ESPECIALLY at Disney. Why would I want to swim in a pool, something I can do at home (not literally, since we don’t have a pool BUT I MEAN pools are everywhere, Disney is not) when I’m at DISNEY WORLD. Hello. I still enjoy it from time to time (as shown in Day 1 of my TR where I was flipping off of various surfaces into the CBR pool) Also, the crowded thing is the worst. Like, I know there’s chlorine and everything but there are just sooo many sweaty, park-going bodies all up on me right now, and none of them are boy band members, so no thanks!! That’s why, if I DO swim at the resort, it’s usually at night.

OHANA!!!! Ohmygodiwantpotstickersrightnowomg! Sooo excited to FINALLY, at long, LONG last eat at Ohana this fall! I can’t wait for my first lapu lapu either! The food looks insanely good….like……*drops dead*

OK I’ve resurrected. Thank you for the shout out! Food Drunkenness Awareness needs to be spread so that people don’t drive whilst fooddrunk and end up in prison because the food at Disney is just THAT good. Not that it wouldn’t be worth it – I’d TOTALLY spend a night in the can if I could have a meal at Disney right now. No prob. But what I’m saying is this: Better safe than sorry.

I love that you spent 2 hours there. I feel like my mom and I were at Boma for four days. We just kept eating. It just wouldn’t end. Hence the Food Drunkenness!

I love that pic of you and your sister – your outfits are so cute and you look so happy!

Stacy is the BEST thing to watch ever while food drunk. I know from experience, but I think you probably could guess that.

Update #3 from 4/3

Oh man do I know the randomly bursting into tears thing well. During my last day at Disney last trip, I generated enough tears to open a new Ocean for business. It also happens on my first day, though, mostly out of utter shock that I even get to be there and have THAT amazing a time. But when I am on my way home, oh my god you’d think my entire family died.

Hmm. That’s very UNDisneyish for them to not tell you guys what was going on and also not give you guys like 10 fastpasses each. Sheesh, Disney, what are you… UNIVERSAL??????? I shudder to think!

Is it bad that I wanna dress like Bert from Mary Poppins? I just like freaking people out, I guess.

As a child I was fascinated by Huffalumps and Woozles and I used to sing that SLY SLY SLY part soo loud hahaha.

Every time I see a family wearing green I’m like OMG, MY PEOPLE ARE HERE!! But I never go up to them caaaaause I’m awkward.

I seriously don’t know how you do it in July with those crowds + heat, I’m too spoiled by the ghost town that Disney can be at the right times in April/October. Then again, it’s WDW, so I’m pretty sure I would be gleefully skipping around under any circumstances, but ahhh! Sweaty bodies!! Long lines!!! BEGONE!!

LOL “There doesn’t seem to be any track.” No, no… there doesn’t. and there is no lap bar/seatbelt. How EXACTLY have millions of people not died on Splash? Seriously.

You totally look like the You May Get Wet sign in that pic LOL. But in a fierce way, tbh.

Update #4 from 4/10

I know we’ve talked about our mutual Small World love before but I would just like to state again – IASW rocks!!! Always loved it, always will, not annoyed by the song, etc!

I take pics of all the trash cans too. It’s hard not to stroke them and say, “oooh, pretty!” but I (usually) refrain.

OMG what an awesome princess sticker! Want! And I love that you had to share it with your sister just like when Michelle shares hers. I think we all learned a valuable lesson from that episode, don’t you think?

Update #5 from 4/17

Hahaha totally not surprised that the screeching halt noise makes you nostalgic! The smell of Disney’s BATHROOMS makes me nostalgic. Seriously, I was at Whole Foods not too long ago and I think they may have briefly used the same cleaning product Disney uses in there because I was practically in tears. I’ve been back since, though, and it’s not the same smell, so I probably just conjured it up in my crazy, Disney World-starved mind.

I love how Disney is so peaceful and fab that you chose not to taunt the other school’s team. When I was kid, I got in huge trouble because my friends and I were throwing popcorn at Dallas Cowboys fans LOL. I probably wouldn’t do that at Disney, though. Most likely. I think.

What a cute convo with Alice!! I love when they say things like that and it’s not just a usual “hi, nice to meet you, picture, bye!” thing.

PUT THAT THING BACK WHERE IT CAME FROM OR SO HELP MEEEEEEEE (BUM BUM BUM BUM)!! I also break into that quite often.

Update #6 4/25

I used to call it Yew Nork when I was little! Every time we'd go there, or see the skyline from Jersey, I would SCREAM it. I didn't even know about that Sonny Eclipse song. I love when I learn WDW things I didn't know about before.

It is *SO WEIRD* that you brought up being proposed to on Space Mountain b/c yesterday I was at Six Flags and my friend said it would be cool to propose to a girl right before you take off on Kingda Ka (this is Kingda Ka). And I was like FIRST OF ALL, no. You're already insanely overwhelmed since you're about to be shot into the air like a lunatic on the tallest, fastest rollercoaster ever... secondly, if I had a boyfriend who decided to propose to me on a rollercoaster and it WASN'T Space Mountain, I would be horrified and break up with him. True story.

Oh wow, you got a really cute Aladdin, didn't you? I agree Aladdin is way hotter than Eric. Eric is super hot but he's just kind of a regular prince. Aladdin has character (no pun intended) and street smarts and is QUITE agile and had do go through a bunch of crap before he became a prince. Plus, he has Abu. Eric's dog is cute and all but Abu is a snotty, fierce HBIC which is automatically better.

Latest update!!! 6/2

I LOVE THE WORD DISEMBARK too. I say it all the time cause of WDW, and you'd be surprised how many people don't even know what it means. MAJOR EYE ROLL AT THOSE PEOPLE.

That picture of your sister jumping is so awesome!

I always think about how incredible it is that you can have so many varying, isolated experiences in one place too. And you're right about the whole what does "the real thing" even mean. What's real to you is real in your own world. Everyone has their own reality, and it doesn't mean your crazy, it's just your own little way of seeing the world. When I look at something, you can look at the same thing and see it completely differently, and that doesn't mean that one of us is wrong and the other is right. Before I get too rambly, I have to say that I am very much a realist in my life. But at Disney World, I AM in Africa. I do go to space. I do see 999 ghosts.. I do enjoy a polynesian getaway. Just because I'm not in Hawaii, doesn't mean it's not real. It IS real! :wizard:

I don't think I've ever seen that Tomorrowland Towers poster before! They should totally do a Tomorrowland themed, ultra-futuristic hotel. That would be awesome!

hahahahaha omg the "I don't know where I'm supposed to look!" picture is priceless.

WOW WHY HAVE I NEVER SEEN THE STITCH AND PLUTO TOMORROWLAND DANCE PARTY. I CAN'T EVEN...... I WOULD DIE. Dancing in public is something I find pretty necessary in almost all situations, so the thought of doing it with Stitch at Disney World makes me shake with excitement.

WHEW. Done! Can't wait for the next update...and I am never going to disappear again... I think.
Lia! :hug: Holy moly, girl, this is quite the comment. If I had any sort of power, I'd give you an award for Longest, Most Awesome Comment Ever Left on the DIS.

:laughing: I had forgotten about those wacky teens on the bus until I read your comment. Now I can't get the images out of my head. They were easily the weirdest couple I've ever encountered. I mean, teens in general are pretty weird, but these kids really took the cake.

I don't blame you for crying when your Basin package arrived. I probably would've done the same thing.

Exactly. Why swim at Disney when I can swim, um, everywhere else? Plus, we always go stay at my Grandma's house in Clearwater for a few days after we leave WDW and she has a pool which I don't have to share with 99434345444443345 other people.

You will love Ohana. It's my favorite restaurant in WDW and, since we're pretty much the same person, I'm sure you'll feel similarly. :upsidedow

Saaaame. I'd probably scare them with my awkwardness.

You absolutely should dress like Bert from Mary Poppins. His jacket is quite fabulous.

Yeah, the whole sweaty bodies/long lines thing kinda sucks, but I'll gladly let sweaty people rub up on me if it means I get to be at WDW. I mean, it's not quite as sexy and fun as the "Slave 4 U" video, but it's worth it. :thumbsup2

Full House taught me so many invaluable life lessons. Frankly, I don't know how kids these days can function without Danny Tanner, Uncle Jesse, and Joey there to teach them things. When I have children, I will make them watch an episode every night before they go to bed so that they don't grow up to be complete monsters.

Awwwwwww. How cute! You really need to listen to the Sonny Eclipse song then. It's the best.

I completely agree. A proposal right before take off on Kingda Ka (we have a similar coaster at Cedar Point which I've obviously never been on but I've watched it take off and OMG) would be worthy of a break up. But on Space Mountain, you're not fearing for your life, so a proposal would be much more enjoyable. Plus, it's actually possible to carry on a conversation while riding Space Mountain. On a big scary roller coaster, "Will you marry me?" would probably sound like "SGJNSADSAHDSFSA DSASNDA SDDSASD ADSAs?" No girl wants to say "WHAT? CAN YOU REPEAT THAT?" in response to a proposal.

Exactly. Eric is just so basic. Aladdin's cool, exciting, and BFFs with a monkey, a magic carpet, and a genie, so that pretty much makes him the best.

You must go to the Tomorrowland dance party thing. It was really cute. I'm pretty sure it lasts right up until the park closes too, so I'm sure it's even more fun when Tomorrowland is all lit up.

You're not allowed to disappear ever again. Except for when you go to Disney. Then, I will completely understand your absence. And will also be incredibly jealous and in dire need of daily "I'm having so much fun!" updates so that I can wallow while sitting in class. Ugh, college. Why can't I just spend my entire life at WDW???

Yes! Please send my Longest, Most Awesome Comment Ever Left on the DIS award immediately. If it isn't made of gold and doesn't have feathers on it, I WILL reject it.

I actually just made the Ohana reservation yesterday. It was so hard to get one, I had to make it for 9:15, but I figure if we get there early maybe we'll be seated early and then we can have the fireworks in the BG while we stuff our faces.

I'm seriously going to ask a CM about the Tomorrowland dance party because I NEED to be there for that.

I PROMISE to never disappear again, even if I'm in major Disney depression mode!

OH. MY. LORD. YOU'RE BACKKKKKK!!!!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: Three dancing bananas for you!!! :yay:

Okay so I ordinarily would LOVE these Poly boat/water and beautifulness pics but I simply feel heartbroken now because we had to downgrade to POFQ. My dad is getting remarried in the fall so that's gonna be $$$. So somethin' had to give. Unfortunately, it was Disney. I mean I still love POFQ and all though, and it was my first ever Disney resort, so it's got the whole sentimental "special place in my heart" thing goin' for it at least. :) But who am I kidding, the pics are still gorgeous. Thanks for including the monorail!!! :love:

Ahh yay for hammock time and quality sister time. I'm glad there are hammocks at CSR, where I will be staying in August. So yay for that! :thumbsup2 The shadow palm tree and jumping shots are really cool!

That is a very nice analysis of the Disney experience. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. :goodvibes

I'm so sorry about your foot. :( That pavement can get pretty nasty!

I'm glad you had a nice nap and enjoyed dinner!

PLEASE write that letter to President Obama. I'll sign your petition. :laughing:

You know what? I TOTALLY get that out-of-the-ordinary feeling! Because it is the exact OPPOSITE for me! In January on our first MK day Jess and I went in on the left side, and I ALWAYS go in on the right. So yes, I felt very weird about it.

Nice TOMS. :thumbsup2

We always have that problem with SM ride pictures, they just never work out. :lmao:

There is no shame for anything in Disney, IMO. Yayy for the Tomorrowland Dance Party! :woohoo:

And how lovely that you headed off into the sunset. :goodvibes Can't wait to see where it takes you. :)

Yes! Please send my Longest, Most Awesome Comment Ever Left on the DIS award immediately. If it isn't made of gold and doesn't have feathers on it, I WILL reject it.

I actually just made the Ohana reservation yesterday. It was so hard to get one, I had to make it for 9:15, but I figure if we get there early maybe we'll be seated early and then we can have the fireworks in the BG while we stuff our faces.

I'm seriously going to ask a CM about the Tomorrowland dance party because I NEED to be there for that.

I PROMISE to never disappear again, even if I'm in major Disney depression mode!
How about a pair of gold mouse ears covered in rhinestones, feathers, and other sparkly doodads? That way you can wear your award around the parks.

I actually prefer later 'Ohana reservations. You're not quite as rushed, but the food/entertainment is as wonderful as ever. My birthday reservation is for 8:15, but I'm actually kinda wishing we had made it for later. Although, we'll need to be up at the crack of dawn the next morning to make the mad dash to Toy Story Mania, so perhaps 8:15 is for the best...
OH. MY. LORD. YOU'RE BACKKKKKK!!!!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: Three dancing bananas for you!!! :yay:

Okay so I ordinarily would LOVE these Poly boat/water and beautifulness pics but I simply feel heartbroken now because we had to downgrade to POFQ. My dad is getting remarried in the fall so that's gonna be $$$. So somethin' had to give. Unfortunately, it was Disney. I mean I still love POFQ and all though, and it was my first ever Disney resort, so it's got the whole sentimental "special place in my heart" thing goin' for it at least. :) But who am I kidding, the pics are still gorgeous. Thanks for including the monorail!!! :love:

Ahh yay for hammock time and quality sister time. I'm glad there are hammocks at CSR, where I will be staying in August. So yay for that! :thumbsup2 The shadow palm tree and jumping shots are really cool!

That is a very nice analysis of the Disney experience. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. :goodvibes

I'm so sorry about your foot. :( That pavement can get pretty nasty!

I'm glad you had a nice nap and enjoyed dinner!

PLEASE write that letter to President Obama. I'll sign your petition. :laughing:

You know what? I TOTALLY get that out-of-the-ordinary feeling! Because it is the exact OPPOSITE for me! In January on our first MK day Jess and I went in on the left side, and I ALWAYS go in on the right. So yes, I felt very weird about it.

Nice TOMS. :thumbsup2

We always have that problem with SM ride pictures, they just never work out. :lmao:

There is no shame for anything in Disney, IMO. Yayy for the Tomorrowland Dance Party! :woohoo:

And how lovely that you headed off into the sunset. :goodvibes Can't wait to see where it takes you. :)
Hey Kristen! Aw, I'm sure you'll have a fabulous time at POFQ. We thought about staying there for our upcoming trip before settling on CSR. It looks really pretty. I definitely want to stay there someday.

I'm sooooooo excited about the hammocks at CSR. LOL. There's just something about me and quality hammock time while on vacation. :)

I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt strange upon entering the Magic Kingdom opposite the way I was used to. I was afraid everyone would be like "Oh my gosh, Kara, you're such a weirdo." I should've known my DIS friends would understand. :rotfl:

There is no shame for anything in Disney, IMO.
This is very true. :thumbsup2

Hey Kristen! Aw, I'm sure you'll have a fabulous time at POFQ. We thought about staying there for our upcoming trip before settling on CSR. It looks really pretty. I definitely want to stay there someday.

I'm sooooooo excited about the hammocks at CSR. LOL. There's just something about me and quality hammock time while on vacation. :)

I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt strange upon entering the Magic Kingdom opposite the way I was used to. I was afraid everyone would be like "Oh my gosh, Kara, you're such a weirdo." I should've known my DIS friends would understand. :rotfl:

We thought about POFQ instead of CSR too, but I'm glad we're staying at CSR because those two trips a a mere 3 weeks apart and I want to go somewhere new anyways. :goodvibes

Me and you both. I am definitely planning on claiming one for an hour or two. :cloud9:

Hahaha. Oh noo. I understand. :hug: Your DIS friends just get it. :)

We thought about POFQ instead of CSR too, but I'm glad we're staying at CSR because those two trips a a mere 3 weeks apart and I want to go somewhere new anyways. :goodvibes

Me and you both. I am definitely planning on claiming one for an hour or two. :cloud9:

Hahaha. Oh noo. I understand. :hug: Your DIS friends just get it. :)
Oh gosh. For some reason I didn't realize that your trips are only 3 WEEKS APART. That's awesome! Too bad you can't just stay at Disney for those 3 weeks. :rotfl:

I'll try out all of the CSR hammocks and let ya know which one is best. :thumbsup2

JULY 27TH PART SIX: I'M PRETTY SURE HIS HEAD IS FROZEN

At this point, it was about 7:30 in the evening, and since none of us really felt like waiting in line for anything, we decided we’d just set up camp on Main Street so we’d have an excellent spot for the parade and fireworks. We wound up picking a spot on the curb right in front of the Castle.
918.jpg

Since I hadn’t had one yet and we were leaving the next day, I made a quick run over to the Enchanted Grove for a Raspberry Lemonade Slush. Sooooooo delicious. These things are perfect for a hot summer night. Well, they’re perfect anytime, but they are especially perfect on hot summer nights.
920.jpg

Oh, here’s a picture I took on my walk over. It is far too lovely for me not to post.
919.jpg

And here are a couple pictures my mom took once I got back. I love my family. I also love that random woman in lime green.
292-1.jpg

293-1.jpg

We passed the time until the parade by reminiscing about our trip. I know, it’s a tad bit strange to reminisce about something that isn’t even over, but it’s become a bit of a tradition. We sit there on Main Street on our last night, listening to the area music and enjoying the warmth, while laughing about all of the new memories we have made. It’s quite enjoyable.

There was a CM with hula hoops and balls stationed right in front of us, so it was fun to watch the kids play. I almost took a ball to the face several times, but it was worth it. LOL. Watching all the kids having the time of their young lives made me wish I had a little one to share Disney with. I’m far from being ready for kids of my own, but maybe someone would like to loan me their child? I’m really quite responsible. I promise I’ll bring him or her back in one piece. :upsidedow

At one point, a CM came by with a Frozen Lemonade (y’know, the kind that you eat with the little wooden spoon?) cart and I volunteered to go over and get one for my sister and a bottle of water for myself. When I started organizing the change to put back in my wallet, I noticed this little gem and laughed for 20 minutes. I definitely had a case of the ROTCOMS (Rolling on the Concret on Main Street a la ROFL). We are totally going to make ROTCOMS happen, Lia.

Oh, I edited the, um, questionable language, but I’m sure you get the gist.
Edited.jpg

I really hope that Billy learned how to deal with his ish.

Eventually, the sun went down and our quiet, serene Main Street turned into a pre-parade/fireworks madhouse.
936.jpg

A little word of advice: When finding a place to sit for the parade/fireworks, always give yourself a bit more room than you actually need. As the parade/fireworks approach, everyone starts to squeeze in and that extra space is a godsend. It’s the difference between accidentally bumping elbows a few times and having some random person’s elbow shoved into your side for half an hour. Trust me, the former is much more pleasant than the latter.

It wasn’t long before the lights turned off and those oh, so familiar “electrosynthomagnetic musical sounds” could be heard. The Main Street Electrical Parade was on its way. Only, “on its way” turned out to be 5 minutes away. Unfortunately for me, that meant 5 extra minutes of that godawful song. To make things worse, the people around us decided it would be fun to spend those 5 extra minutes clapping along. Normally I’m all about fun and well, you know, having it, but I do not like MSEP. Not one bit. Just bring back Spectromagic now, OK? I miss that beautiful, magical, glorious tear-jerker. I miss Chip and Dale’s giant piano and the way the music subtly changed to fit each float’s theme. I miss the giant flowers from the Sleeping Beauty floats. I miss Ursula and Sebastian and King Triton and Ariel. I miss the cards that literally painted the roses red on the Alice in Wonderland float. I miss the horns! Oh my gosh, whenever the horns would kick in, I’d be covered in goosebumps. I JUST MISS IT SO MUCH. :sad1:

Unfortunately, no matter how much I wished it so, the beautiful strains of “On this maaaaagic niiiiiiiiiight” never rained down from the heavens and we were stuck with MSEP. Blerg.

938.jpg

941.jpg

942.jpg

943.jpg

944.jpg

945.jpg

946.jpg

950.jpg

955.jpg

956.jpg

963.jpg

965.jpg

967.jpg

Well, at least it photographs somewhat decently...

After the parade was over, some people sitting behind us decided to get a little Disney nostalgic. Normally – as this trip report has clearly shown - I’m all about nostalgia, but some of the things these people said were just dead wrong. It took everything in my power to refrain from A) bursting out laughing and B) turning around to correct them. I was doing really well and, for a hot second, was actually quite proud of my restraint. But then, one of the women just had to go and state, in a perfectly matter-of-fact tone, “I’m pretty sure his head is frozen” and I lost it. Mom lost it too, and, for the second time that night, we found ourselves ROTCOMS-ing.

Thanks to the Factually Incorrect Nostalgia Brigade (which, by the way, would make an excellent SNL sketch), time flew by and, before we knew it, the Summer Nighttastic fireworks were starting. I didn’t take any pictures because I wanted just to sit back and enjoy the show, but here’s a link to some video on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNBaidkjQ7U

I think I mentioned this when covering our first night forever ago, but I’ll say it again: I was really impressed by these fireworks. Going into the trip, I was a bit concerned that I would be disappointed. I mean, Wishes is, well, Wishes. It’s hard to live up to because I have so many fond memories of that show. After we went to Disney in 10th grade with Orchestra, my best friend and I walked around for months shouting “Wishes!” and mimicking the two “shooting-star” fireworks with our fingers. When the extended family joined us for their first ever Disney trip, after months of fully Disneyifying her, I watched Wishes with my little cousin in my lap. It was definitely one of those Disney moments. One year, while watching the fireworks from the Polynesian beach, this group of twenty-something guys started singing the song which had me giggling uncontrollably. And, of course, I can’t ignore all of the “normal” moments when it was just Mom, Dad, Katie, and I sitting on Main Street and trying to hide our happy tears.

Even though these new fireworks didn’t have memories attached, they were awesome. I wasn’t super crazy about the princess section, but the pirate section definitely made up for it. It was so freaking cool. Especially up close. When the pirates were “firing at” the Castle, I’m pretty sure my eyes were as wide as humanly possible. Heck, they might have been even wider. It was absolutely spectacular.

UP NEXT: WHEN I SEE AN ELEPHANT FLY

PS: I leave for Disney 3 weeks from today. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :woohoo:

Hey!! Wooo I'm here early this time. Instead of being like 2 months late. Go me!

It's not strange to reminisce about your trip that's still going on! I do it all the time. Sometimes I'll be like "OMG REMEMBER WHEN I ATE A MICKEY BAR!!?!" and my mom will be like "That was 45 minutes ago, and again... just now. So yes...yes, I do." :thumbsup2

OMG that dollar bill. DEAL WITH IT is one of my favorite phrases. People really need to learn to deal with it more often. That Billy is a smart guy. And we are so making ROTCOMS happen. It's happening.

I feel weird about the MSEP b/c on one hand, I'm excited for it - it's the original light parade I remember from my childhood trips, so that will be cool for nostalgia, but I am going to miss Spectro sooo much! I'm really sad that I can't see it. OOOOOOOOOOON THIS MAGIC NIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGHTTTT!! Le sigh.

OMG how funny are the people at Disney who know like nothing about Disney. I have a story like that coming up in a future TR update. It's like, people. Read a freaking book. Or even a guidemap. Something!

Do you think you're gonna finish your TR in time for your trip?! I know we have gone over this many times but I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU. Also, I updated my TR finally! Wooooooo! :dance3:

Hey!! Wooo I'm here early this time. Instead of being like 2 months late. Go me!

It's not strange to reminisce about your trip that's still going on! I do it all the time. Sometimes I'll be like "OMG REMEMBER WHEN I ATE A MICKEY BAR!!?!" and my mom will be like "That was 45 minutes ago, and again... just now. So yes...yes, I do." :thumbsup2

OMG that dollar bill. DEAL WITH IT is one of my favorite phrases. People really need to learn to deal with it more often. That Billy is a smart guy. And we are so making ROTCOMS happen. It's happening.

I feel weird about the MSEP b/c on one hand, I'm excited for it - it's the original light parade I remember from my childhood trips, so that will be cool for nostalgia, but I am going to miss Spectro sooo much! I'm really sad that I can't see it. OOOOOOOOOOON THIS MAGIC NIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGHTTTT!! Le sigh.

OMG how funny are the people at Disney who know like nothing about Disney. I have a story like that coming up in a future TR update. It's like, people. Read a freaking book. Or even a guidemap. Something!

Do you think you're gonna finish your TR in time for your trip?! I know we have gone over this many times but I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU. Also, I updated my TR finally! Wooooooo! :dance3:
Good, I'm glad I'm not the only one who reminisces about things as they happen. I guess I'm just really good at reminiscing so I feel the need to do it all.the.time. :laughing:

The MSEP probably really isn't that bad, but it's not Spectro, and I'm a tad dramatic, so I'm basically just like "YOU'RE STUPID AND I HATE YOU. CRAWL BACK UNDER THE ROCK YOU CAME OUT OF AND GIVE ME SPECTROMAGIC!" I'm sure that if I actually gave it a real chance, I'd enjoy it more.

OMG I seriously do not understand the people who go to Disney on vacation but know next to nothing about Disney. Like, do they not find it necessary to do a little research before leaving? I can't imagine going somewhere with absolutely no knowledge of the place. Heck, before going to my friend's lakehouse (which is only 2 hours away), I did a bit of research on the area. I mean, Google is your friend, people!

I should be able to get it done. I think I can fit everything into like 3 more installments. They'll be a little less detailed, but I should be able to finish. Plus, I'll probably do a post or two about the upcoming trip. I don't have time to start a whole PTR, so I figured I'd just include it here.

Ok Kara, you ready for a good long reply now? I typed this in notepad so the same thing that happened to my last 2 long replies don't happen to this one.

When you said 7:30 IN THE EVENING, for some reason, I read "in the morning" so I was all confused when you said you sat down for the parade. I was thinking, "What? an early parade?" It didn't dawn on me until you said "perfect for a summer night" that you were talking about the evening. Of Course! I also forgot that the park doesn't even OPEN at 7:0 in the am! This is how bad my memory is.

Mmmmm, raspberry lemonade slush, it sounds so yummy! I'll have to think of getting one next time. Slushes are just awesome.

LOVE THAT PICTURE OF THE CASTLE. Especially since you can't see any paths, just that little creek. It looks like a castle you can find in Europe. Great shot!

Awww, you guys are so sweet together. My family haven't taken a vacation together in...4 years. It's sad really. Wow...that's a really bright green. Guess it's easier to find her in a crowd?

Whenever the CMs brought the hula hoops out, I really wanted to play with them. Unfortunately, Andrew didn't want it to look like he was dating a 12 yr old...

Omg, that's such an awesome bill! Hahaha. I can't tell whether someone is saying that to Billy, or if Billy signed it. I also like that they wrote the date on it.

Wow...them is a LOT of people. I've only ever watch the AK parade the whole way through. I'm just not that interested I guess. The lines on rides are shorter during parades!

I haven't seen Spectro, so I don't have much to compare it too. I like the music for MSEP, only cause I saw a bit of it on my last trip and it just makes me think of WDW, which is ALWAYS s good thing.

Very nice photos! I love Minnie Mouse. And the dragon, cause dragons are my thing.

Wow....I don't think I could've resisted the urge to correct them. I mean...they're Disney folk right? Maybe they would appreciate it. Yes...I'm the type that corrects people....but only if they're all wondering about something and they're REALLY close by.

Awwww, you have such wonderful memories. I can't wait to build MY memories of WDW!

Man, I so wish I could be there for Summernightastic!! But I don't think I'll ever go during the summer. It's Value Season for me! I would've loved to see the pirates part.

Oh my goodness! I'm actually all caught up! That only took me.... FOREVER. lol. But I loved it. Really love this TR. Such a great read. Now what am I going to do in my spare time? Haha.

Oh and btw, an Nsync reunion concert would be SOOOOOOO amazing. I'd so be down for that! :)

Hi! I've lurked this whole time but I've been reading since the beginning I swear! Love your writing, love that I get all your TV references :thumbsup2 I know that it was quite a while back, but you mentioned that you liked the ABC Comissary music loop and this link has it about halfway down http://simpledisneythings.tumblr.com/music

It's not new, but I thought of your TR :laughing:

Ok Kara, you ready for a good long reply now? I typed this in notepad so the same thing that happened to my last 2 long replies don't happen to this one.

When you said 7:30 IN THE EVENING, for some reason, I read "in the morning" so I was all confused when you said you sat down for the parade. I was thinking, "What? an early parade?" It didn't dawn on me until you said "perfect for a summer night" that you were talking about the evening. Of Course! I also forgot that the park doesn't even OPEN at 7:0 in the am! This is how bad my memory is.

Mmmmm, raspberry lemonade slush, it sounds so yummy! I'll have to think of getting one next time. Slushes are just awesome.

LOVE THAT PICTURE OF THE CASTLE. Especially since you can't see any paths, just that little creek. It looks like a castle you can find in Europe. Great shot!

Awww, you guys are so sweet together. My family haven't taken a vacation together in...4 years. It's sad really. Wow...that's a really bright green. Guess it's easier to find her in a crowd?

Whenever the CMs brought the hula hoops out, I really wanted to play with them. Unfortunately, Andrew didn't want it to look like he was dating a 12 yr old...

Omg, that's such an awesome bill! Hahaha. I can't tell whether someone is saying that to Billy, or if Billy signed it. I also like that they wrote the date on it.

Wow...them is a LOT of people. I've only ever watch the AK parade the whole way through. I'm just not that interested I guess. The lines on rides are shorter during parades!

I haven't seen Spectro, so I don't have much to compare it too. I like the music for MSEP, only cause I saw a bit of it on my last trip and it just makes me think of WDW, which is ALWAYS s good thing.

Very nice photos! I love Minnie Mouse. And the dragon, cause dragons are my thing.

Wow....I don't think I could've resisted the urge to correct them. I mean...they're Disney folk right? Maybe they would appreciate it. Yes...I'm the type that corrects people....but only if they're all wondering about something and they're REALLY close by.

Awwww, you have such wonderful memories. I can't wait to build MY memories of WDW!

Man, I so wish I could be there for Summernightastic!! But I don't think I'll ever go during the summer. It's Value Season for me! I would've loved to see the pirates part.
Woot woot! I'm ready! :cool1:

Definitely get a frozen lemonade (regular...the raspberry version...either flavor works) during your next trip. They are divine. Call me crazy, but I don't think that legally you can call it a trip to Florida without one of those suckers. :upsidedow

Awww that is sad. I certainly hope that my family never stops vacationing together. I mean, I'm sure we'll (eventually) reach the point where annual family vacations just aren't possible, but I don't think I could go four years without a family vacay. I love them too much. :lovestruc

I struggled to determine whether the note was to Billy or from Billy as well. LOL. Ultimately, I assumed it was TO Billy because, if *I* had signed it, I would have put a little dash in front of it. "-Kara" y'know?

Yeah, the night parades are the only ones we ever go out of our way to watch. I mean, I've scene the MK day parade, like, twice (one was from the Train Station which was AMAZING) but usually, sitting out in the ridiculous heat is not worth it. I'd much rather be indoors during the hottest part of the day.

I hope you get to see Spectro someday. It's pure magic. :wizard:

Oh, don't worry, I'm notorious for correcting people as well. I don't intend to be a know-it-all, I just kinda am. LOL.

Oh my goodness! I'm actually all caught up! That only took me.... FOREVER. lol. But I loved it. Really love this TR. Such a great read. Now what am I going to do in my spare time? Haha.

Oh and btw, an Nsync reunion concert would be SOOOOOOO amazing. I'd so be down for that! :)
Aw, thanks so much for the kind words. I love that my crazy, somewhat nonsensical ramblings are entertaining to so many people. I kinda figured that everyone would be all "What in the world is this girl talking about???" so positive comments like yours leave me feeling a tad bit verklempt. :goodvibes

Yes, yes it would. :)
Hi! I've lurked this whole time but I've been reading since the beginning I swear! Love your writing, love that I get all your TV references :thumbsup2 I know that it was quite a while back, but you mentioned that you liked the ABC Comissary music loop and this link has it about halfway down http://simpledisneythings.tumblr.com/music

It's not new, but I thought of your TR :laughing:
Hi! Again, comments like yours make me smile. A lot. So, thank you!

Oh gosh, thank you so much for posting that! I do love the ABC Commissary loop. I will definitely be checking that out. :thumbsup2

JULY 27TH PART SEVEN: WHEN I SEE AN ELEPHANT FLY
After the fireworks ended, we took on sumo stances to avoid getting swept up in the flood of people heading down Main Street and out of the park. Not literally, of course. I mean, I’m weird but I’m not that weird. In reality, we just sat there for a few minutes as the area cleared out.

I took this picture of the castle while we waited.
989.jpg

Sorry about the graininess. My old, piece of junk camera does not cooperate at night. Thank goodness I’m getting a new one for our upcoming trip. I have a feeling I will be taking an obscene amount of pictures in two weeks. I mean, I took over 1,000 last year with my sucky shutter speed, frequently blurry camera. I’m gonna have a field day with the new one.

Once we had room to breathe without our lungs crashing into someone else’s, we entered into the mayhem and attempted to swim upstream towards Fantasyland via the path that leads toward the Mad Tea Party. It was rough, but we made it.

I’ve found that when attempting to navigate through a crowd, it’s best to take a minute and size up the people around you. It’s fairly easy to identify those who have absolutely no idea where they are going. Those are the people that you DO NOT WANT to be behind. It will take you 30 years to get where you’re trying to go. I tend to look for dads who are wearing Walt Disney World paraphernalia and follow them through the crowds. In my experience, dads are quite good with directions, are adept at navigating crowds, and the WDW hats/t-shirts indicate that they’ve either been to Disney before or like Disney enough to wear a gaudy hat/t-shirt with characters all over it. If a dad is willing to wear a Mickey Mouse t-shirt, he knows his way around WDW.

Anyway, once we made it to Fantasyland, we headed straight for the carousel. Riding the carousel at night has become a bit of a tradition in our family. It never has a line and it looks really pretty all lit up. Plus, I love the carousel music.
990.jpg

995.jpg

994.jpg

I took this picture of the seat on the horse next to mine. If I were a little kid, it would’ve scared the pants off of me. It’s so creepy! I get that it’s probably historically accurate or whatever, but gosh, it’s a carousel, not a ‘Let’s make children sit on creepy looking animal pelts’-usel.

Next up, we thought we’d climb aboard our favorite elephant(s) and go for a spin.
998.jpg

Again, there was pretty much no wait. Post-fireworks Fantasyland is essentially a ghost town. Dad and I rode together and, because I am me, I made sure we got a pink Dumbo. Luckily for me, there were only little boys who wanted nothing to do with pink elephants in line around us, so I was able to secure our Dumbo without having to knock small children out of the way.
999.jpg

Here’s a picture of Mom and Katie in their fabulous purple Dumbo. Again, I apologize for the graininess.
1001.jpg

While we waited to take off, Dad and I talked about how excited we were to be able to see over the construction walls and into the Fantasyland expansion. I had my camera ready in case we saw anything cool. Of course, once we were up in the air, we both gave each other ‘Oh, right, it’s dark outside. We’re complete idiots’ looks. I blame our momentary stupidity on the fact that A) it was late and B) WDW vacations are tiring, man.

Despite the fact that we couldn’t actually see anything, I took a couple pictures.
1003.jpg

1004.jpg

Exciting, right? ;)

Here’s a Castle shot.
1005.jpg

After Dumbo, we thought about riding a few more rides, but we, ultimately, wound up heading back to Main Street. We were all quite tired and I really wanted to pick something up at the Confectionary before heading back to the Polynesian.

1010.jpg

I love this photo. There’s nothing better than walking through the Castle towards a gorgeously lit Main Street.

There was a second showing of MSEP on this night, so Main Street was a bit of a madhouse, but I tried my best to do a little photography.
1015.jpg

1018.jpg

1020.jpg

1021.jpg

Siiiigh. I just love walking down Main Street at night. It is pure magic.

Once we arrived at the Confectionary, I immediately headed back to the counter to purchase one of these babies…
1035.jpg

A Minnie Mouse caramel apple! Isn’t it adorable? And it’s all tied up with a special Main Street Confectionary ribbon which I still have. I saw a picture of one of these somewhere before we left and I knew then that I absolutely had to get one for myself. I love caramel apples and this one was quite delicious. Plus, I’m a sucker for any and all things Minnie.

While the CM was wrapping up my apple, I took a few pictures of some of the other goodies that were for sale.
1022.jpg

1023.jpg

1024.jpg

1025.jpg

Yummmmm.

While waiting for the rest of the family to finish up their purchases, I explored a bit more.
1028.jpg

These bags of cotton candy were very appealing.
1030.jpg

As were these giant lollipops. When I was younger, I used to get one of these every single trip. I don’t think I ever actually finished one, but I absolutely had to have them. What is it about little kids and giant lollipops? LOL.

I took this next photo just for my TR…
894.jpg

It’s Marie in lollipop form! Isn’t it adorable? I may not have gotten to meet Marie during our trip, but at least I was able to see her in candy form.

I’ve titled this next photo “Heaven” because that’s basically what it is…
1032.jpg

Why do I not have shelves of Mickey Mouse rice crispy treats in my kitchen??? That has definitely got to change. I wonder if Disney sells them by the case because I will definitely be stocking up in two weeks.

Once Mom and Dad were finished, we headed for the exit. There was a boat waiting at the dock, so we hurried over and climbed aboard. When we got back to the Polynesian, we took that final late-night, tiki torch lit stroll back to our room. It was quite sad. Part of me wanted to wrap myself around a palm tree and never leave. But an even bigger part of me was ready to collapse into bed, eat more Mickey rice crispy treats, and watch Stacy so that’s what I did. It was a perfect way to end the evening.

UP NEXT: The Final Morning

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM. You are going to Disney World in like 2 weeks. TWO WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!! I will be waiting in your Coronado Springs hotel room, sprawled out on the bed holding a "WELCOME" sign. Let me know if you need anything else.

My camera sucks in the dark too! What kind of camera will your new one be?

LOL I do the same thing with sizing up the crowds, only I do it in Manhattan. 8 million people live there but SOMEHOW 99% of the people on the street have no idea where they're going. My #1 pet peeve EVER is people who stop dead in the middle of the street. Oh my God, RAGE.

Can you believe I've never been on the carousel? Actually, I think I may have gone on during our first trip when I was 5. I guess because it's like the only ride that isn't super Disneyfied. I dooo wanna find the horse with the golden tail, though. I love how pretty it looks at night too.

Ok, seeing Main Street at night in your pics is making me *ache*. Today I'm going to Maryland to see Hanson with my friend, and instead of taking the train home tomorrow I will probably just take it to Orlando.

The apples are $8.95?!!?!?!??! ahahhaahahahaha oh Disney. Never change.

Aw, I love that the cotton candy has Mickey & Pluto on the Dumbo ride! I've never seen that animation before. Too cute.

I always used to get a huge lollipop too! I could never finish it either. and that Marie pop is SO CUTE!! AHHHHH I miss the confectionery.

I always bring one Mickey Rice Crispie Treat for the plane, and one to bring home, but this time I seriously want to buy like 14. I wonder how long they stay good in those packages, because I would like to drag it out as long as possible. Le sigh.

Aww. I forgot it was your last night. Oh man.... :sad1: But yay, soon you'll be back and then we get another TR!! Wooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! :wizard: Oh and p.s. You should totally use your MarietheCat twitter from last year when you're there so I can @ reply you incoherent things like "KJHSDKJFHAKSDJU!! !SOJEAOUSSSKJLSDL!!"

Great update, Kara! And... what better way to fight the depression of a TR coming to an end than to go BACK to Disney!?!?!?! :rotfl:

I think you have a very valid theory about getting behind dads sporting WDW clothing/accessories... it definitely shouts "I know what I'm doing and am proud of it!" Try to avoid getting in front of angry moms with strollers though! I made the mistake once of muttering under my breath when a woman behind me repeatedly ran into my heels with her stroller. I said something like "wow, this lady needs to get herself under control..." She apparently had super sensitive ears because she called me out on it! I was like "well, I'm sorry, but you do, you just ran me over at least 5 times!" :rotfl:

hi just read through the whole trip report so far loooooved i love your style of writing you had me laughing out loud several time probably cause were alot alike lol i also am obessed with tv looooove the vampire diaries its just amazing i have a special place in my heart for damon cause he was on my favorite show of all time LOST (r.i.p boone) oh and ohana is hands down the greatest restrauant in the whole world my stomach is growling right now just thinking about it yummmmm!!! also i really dont like animal kingdom either i didnt even go there my last trip blech just dont like it. anyway great report cant wait to read the rest have fun on your upcoming trip since your gonna be 21 you must have a grand marnier orange slush from france to die for!!

I'd just like to announce that 2 weeks from RIGHT NOW I will be curled up in my bed at Coronado Springs dreaming magical Disney dreams after a fabulous day at the Magic Kingdom. I CANNOT WAIT. :dance3:

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM. You are going to Disney World in like 2 weeks. TWO WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!! I will be waiting in your Coronado Springs hotel room, sprawled out on the bed holding a "WELCOME" sign. Let me know if you need anything else.

My camera sucks in the dark too! What kind of camera will your new one be?

LOL I do the same thing with sizing up the crowds, only I do it in Manhattan. 8 million people live there but SOMEHOW 99% of the people on the street have no idea where they're going. My #1 pet peeve EVER is people who stop dead in the middle of the street. Oh my God, RAGE.

Can you believe I've never been on the carousel? Actually, I think I may have gone on during our first trip when I was 5. I guess because it's like the only ride that isn't super Disneyfied. I dooo wanna find the horse with the golden tail, though. I love how pretty it looks at night too.

Ok, seeing Main Street at night in your pics is making me *ache*. Today I'm going to Maryland to see Hanson with my friend, and instead of taking the train home tomorrow I will probably just take it to Orlando.

The apples are $8.95?!!?!?!??! ahahhaahahahaha oh Disney. Never change.

Aw, I love that the cotton candy has Mickey & Pluto on the Dumbo ride! I've never seen that animation before. Too cute.

I always used to get a huge lollipop too! I could never finish it either. and that Marie pop is SO CUTE!! AHHHHH I miss the confectionery.

I always bring one Mickey Rice Crispie Treat for the plane, and one to bring home, but this time I seriously want to buy like 14. I wonder how long they stay good in those packages, because I would like to drag it out as long as possible. Le sigh.

Aww. I forgot it was your last night. Oh man.... :sad1: But yay, soon you'll be back and then we get another TR!! Wooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! :wizard: Oh and p.s. You should totally use your MarietheCat twitter from last year when you're there so I can @ reply you incoherent things like "KJHSDKJFHAKSDJU!! !SOJEAOUSSSKJLSDL!!"
Oooo Could you also maybe have an extravagant plate of chocolate covered strawberries and one of each of the Starring Rolls cupcakes waiting when I arrive? Because that would be perfect. ;)

I actually don't know which camera I'm getting. It's a birthday present from my parents, so I'm just letting them pick one out. I'm pretty sure it'll be a Nikon, though. My dad really likes them.

The people who stop dead in the middle of the street are the absolute worst. I can't even tell you how many people I've smashed into while walking to class. It's ridiculous. I mean, step off to the side if you have to stop. Leave the sidewalks clear for those of us who actually know where we're going. Sigh.

Oh my god, girl, you need to get on the carousel! I don't really ever ride it during the day, but that thing is pure magic at night. The lights are super pretty and it plays carousel-y Disney music that is super fun to sing along to. I'm pretty sure it was playing "Colors of the Wind" when we rode it. I vaguely remember singing along. Loudly.

I hope you had fun at Hanson! I almost typed "with Hanson," but then I caught myself. Although, I guess I do hope you had fun with Hanson too. :thumbsup2

Is it sad that my first thought was "Oh, they're only $8.95?" I guess I was expecting them to be more. :rotfl:

Yeah, I don't know how long they last in those packages. Sadly, I'll probably never know. I mean, I have no restraint. I'd eat them all right away.

Oh yeah, I will definitely have to resurrect my MarieTheCat twitter. I kinda forgot about it, so thanks for reminding me! I look forward to the @ replies. :upsidedow

Great update, Kara! And... what better way to fight the depression of a TR coming to an end than to go BACK to Disney!?!?!?! :rotfl:

I think you have a very valid theory about getting behind dads sporting WDW clothing/accessories... it definitely shouts "I know what I'm doing and am proud of it!" Try to avoid getting in front of angry moms with strollers though! I made the mistake once of muttering under my breath when a woman behind me repeatedly ran into my heels with her stroller. I said something like "wow, this lady needs to get herself under control..." She apparently had super sensitive ears because she called me out on it! I was like "well, I'm sorry, but you do, you just ran me over at least 5 times!" :rotfl:
Oh my gosh, some people with strollers can be downright vicious! It's awful. I don't know where they got the idea that their stroller can be used as a battering ram. I'm sorry that lady was such a witch with a B to you.
hi just read through the whole trip report so far loooooved i love your style of writing you had me laughing out loud several time probably cause were alot alike lol i also am obessed with tv looooove the vampire diaries its just amazing i have a special place in my heart for damon cause he was on my favorite show of all time LOST (r.i.p boone) oh and ohana is hands down the greatest restrauant in the whole world my stomach is growling right now just thinking about it yummmmm!!! also i really dont like animal kingdom either i didnt even go there my last trip blech just dont like it. anyway great report cant wait to read the rest have fun on your upcoming trip since your gonna be 21 you must have a grand marnier orange slush from france to die for!!
Hi! Thanks for joining us! :goodvibes

If you're a TV addict, you're definitely in the right place. Since you're a Damon fan, I'm sure you and Lia (disneygirl) will get along splendidly. I'm more of a Stefan fan. I've adored that flawless little hero-haired vampire since the pilot. I used to kinda like Damon, but then the second season happened. Now, that 'like' is more of a 'loathe'. :rotfl:

Hi! Thanks for joining us! :goodvibes

If you're a TV addict, you're definitely in the right place. Since you're a Damon fan, I'm sure you and Lia (disneygirl) will get along splendidly. I'm more of a Stefan fan. I've adored that flawless little hero-haired vampire since the pilot. I used to kinda like Damon, but then the second season happened. Now, that 'like' is more of a 'loathe'. :rotfl:[/QUOTE]

oh dont get me wrong i love stefan to...alot but damon is hotter im a sucker for blue eyes lol but with stefan chilling with klaus for the next 10 or so years damon and elena are going be getting pretty close lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter