• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

It's cold

So far, winter in MN this year has been amazing. I think we have seen a total of 5 inches of snow, the temp has been very mild (currently 29!), and we had a green Christmas!

I love it!

Same here. :) We have just under 6 inches of snow for this winter and temps have been very nice! I can't believe our winter is half over already and we don't have any snow!! :woohoo:

In our January trip, we went from jeans/sweatshirts to shorts and t-shirts in the same trip. :) On our jeans/sweatshirts days, most other people had on winter jackets and hats/mittens. Being from WI, we're a bit more used to the cold and tend not to overdress. ;)

I'm afraid you'll have to pack a bit of everything. :goodvibes

Texasteacher35: I agree w/above post. In your signature it says you are from chicago, so you'll be fine. I think i'll be there same time as you for long weekend... I'll be wearing jeans on flight, we'll have fallish coats w/us (not our heavy winter stuff) I'll pack another pair of jeans and 1 or 2 pairs of shorts. I went same time last year, we wore shorts day we arrived and jeans w/sweat shirt or light coat the rest. I did make my son wear his hat, but he has a buzz cut, so not much head protection...

We will be there in about 2 1/2 weeks...I am trying to figure out how to pack for January...never been during this time of year. Any suggestions? So do you think no shorts at all, and all jeans?? I have checked out the forecast, but we all know that the weather is not reliable that far out. Any suggestions??? Thanks.

We'll be there at the same time (and we were there the same time last year)! I'll double check weather forecasts before we leave, but so far I am planning mostly jeans and short sleeve tee's with a couple pair of shorts and long sleeve tees and hooded sweaters for the kids. It was fine last year and we saw a good range of temps, although we are having such a mild winter this year that those same temps won't feel quite so nice. 37 is downright tropical when it is -40 at home :rotfl: Since we are having 37 here right now, if we get that while in Florida it will feel like a rip-off!

Brrrr!!!! A little chilly for me!!! Travelling in Jan and Feb you never know what it is going to be like. Always pack some warm clothes to wear! At least you are on vacation! :goodvibes

Makes me sorry that I ever ask for cooler weather because I am freezing in Georgia. Headed to Disney on Friday and it does look like it will be warming up...........can't wait.:yay:

It's supposed to be near 80 by Sunday. This is unfortunate for me, as I'm running the marathon that morning and that weather will be less than ideal. I'd really rather have the mid-30's from this morning, but you get what you get.

We are coming down next week so we will prepare for cold, just in case. I know the long sleeves, winter coats and gloves are coming with us. I might throw in thermals too and look forward to enjoying a few cups of hot chocolate.

we were there in October 2 years ago and and they had what we were told was an unprecedented heat wave, it was crazy hot and humid, I think it was 108 one day. We were miserable.

We booked this trip in January figuring there was no way it could be that hot again. But knowing my luck it will be freezing cold. We leave in 15 days so I'll be watching the forecast anxiously!

We are coming down next week so we will prepare for cold, just in case. I know the long sleeves, winter coats and gloves are coming with us. I might throw in thermals too and look forward to enjoying a few cups of hot chocolate.

Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it), it's supposed to be in the 70s all week for us next week :) I'm just hoping it stays that way. The weather report has said that for the week or so and it hasn't changed much.

It's supposed to be near 80 by Sunday. This is unfortunate for me, as I'm running the marathon that morning and that weather will be less than ideal. I'd really rather have the mid-30's from this morning, but you get what you get.

Same here. I'm doing the second half of the relay and can't believe Sunday is the hottest projected day in the next ten days.

:headache:

The only two times I have been to Disney World during the holidays, it was freezing cold and everyone was in their winter coats. The parks were beautiful and festive, but the cold weather did me in. I will never go during that time again. My favorite times to visit the World is when the weather is warm, or hot...dislike the cold, and living in Indiana, I get my fill of it.

We were there for the cold snap the second week of Dec. 2010. Temps were in the 30s with a windchill factor in the 20s one morning but the sun was shining bright. We bundled up in layers including our then 3.5-year-old and enjoyed the morning. Virtually no lines and really low crowds for Dec. It's still one of our favorite memories.

I can't even imagine what wearing a coat - let alone a WINTER coat - would be like at Disney. We go in August, so we're always trying to wear as little as possible! :rotfl:

I'm going to stay with friends in Ft. Lauderdale next month - she just told me that she had to put her heat on last night - even in south FL! I hope FL gets over this cold snap before my visit!

I can't even imagine what wearing a coat - let alone a WINTER coat - would be like at Disney. We go in August, so we're always trying to wear as little as possible! :rotfl:

I'm going to stay with friends in Ft. Lauderdale next month - she just told me that she had to put her heat on last night - even in south FL! I hope FL gets over this cold snap before my visit!

It was 57 in Key West today....KEY WEST!!!

:laughing:

It is supposed to warm up considerably before the weekend though.

We leave in 10 days. Have started looking at the extended forecast, but that can change quickly. Right now, I am planning a couple of pairs of jeans, and then mostly capris and I may throw in a pair or two of shorts. Will bring a few long-sleeve tees, but mostly short-sleeve tops with sweatshirts or fleece. Packing lightweight fleece gloves, hat and scarf, just in case. But, unless absolutely necessary, WILL NOT bring a winter coat to FL!!!! :mad: Am hoping for the same kind of weather we had in Jan. 2009 - cool in the mornings, and mid-70's in the afternoon. We wore fleece/sweatshirts to the parks, got a locker, put them in when we didn't need them anymore, and then had them for after sundown. Worked great! My DH thought it was too cold in the AM that trip, so we are leaving him home this time - LOL!:rotfl2:

When in doubt, bring. You don't want to get stuck having to buy $50 sweatshirts that you could get at Walmart for $10. :rolleyes:

Texasteacher35: I agree w/above post. In your signature it says you are from chicago, so you'll be fine. I think i'll be there same time as you for long weekend... I'll be wearing jeans on flight, we'll have fallish coats w/us (not our heavy winter stuff) I'll pack another pair of jeans and 1 or 2 pairs of shorts. I went same time last year, we wore shorts day we arrived and jeans w/sweat shirt or light coat the rest. I did make my son wear his hat, but he has a buzz cut, so not much head protection...

Thanks TiggerStac!
Yes, we live in a northwest suburb of Chicago, but I am originally from Dallas. We moved here 8 years ago, so I have adjusted to the cold weather! Lol ;)

I am thinking I will bring several jeans, a couple of shorts, long sleeve shirts, short sleeve shirts, and hoodies...that should cover me! Lol we are at BCV, so I will have a washer/dryer just in case I need more shorts/jeans/sweatshirts...I always bring those Purex all in one sheets with the detergent/dryer sheet all together! I love owe things when we travel! I will also pack some winter hats and some things that can be layered! Good thinking!!!

We'll be there at the same time (and we were there the same time last year)! I'll double check weather forecasts before we leave, but so far I am planning mostly jeans and short sleeve tee's with a couple pair of shorts and long sleeve tees and hooded sweaters for the kids. It was fine last year and we saw a good range of temps, although we are having such a mild winter this year that those same temps won't feel quite so nice. 37 is downright tropical when it is -40 at home :rotfl: Since we are having 37 here right now, if we get that while in Florida it will feel like a rip-off!

I can't believe how cold it is down there, KB'sMom...it's crazy cold! I hope it warms up a little bit, it doesn't have to a ton, but a little would be nice! :) I have resigned myself to just bring EVERYTHING! Haha I need a
large assortment that can be layered! The crowds look like they will be VERY low! I am so excited!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter