It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! [Update 4/11: Link to TR!]

Our 1st Christmas Eve Together

Christmas Eve is spent with my mom's side of the family. This was the first year that Weird spent it with us too since his family's not so big on the holidays.

We actually went out to dinner for my grandmother's birthday. At the restaurant, we had yummy pasta in garlic and oil with shrimp, salad with a raspberry vinaigrette, our main courses (prime rib for Weird, salmon for me - VERY good salmon for me!), and birthday cake. After some coffee and tea, we headed back to my grandparents' house.

I was exhausted by the time we settled in! And luckily, my mom's side of the family waits until 12AM to open presents so that it's actually Christmas. To kill time, we actually ate more dessert. Weird and I each had some chocolate mousse cake.

cake.jpg

Then it was time for pictures. Each family gets a picture. Then the grandparents get pictures with all the grandkids. Then a recent thing has been for the couples (not married, not engaged) to get pictures in front of the tree. And well, since Weird was with me this year ...

Our first picture together on Christmas Eve!
A119cropped.jpg

Here's me with one of my gifts. Now what's so special about this gift?
meanddress.jpg

One of the things all of the girls cousins and I got were jewelry holders. They can display necklaces, bracelets, and rings on the metal holders. It's easy to see everything, plus the necklaces won't get tangled. Of course, I don't have much jewelry (I wear the same 2 rings and 2 bracelets every day, and I don't like necklaces), but at least I can get rid of the boxes of the stuff I do have. Well, it was interesting because when I opened it with my cousins, we all noticed that I got the WHITE DRESS! Haha, it's because I'm the closest to getting married!

My aunt's not so subtle hint :) Hehe, my cousins have beautiful faces, but I don't know that they want their beautiful faces on DIS. It's so easy to put stickers on faces thanks to Photobucket.
A136-1.jpg

Oh, by the way, I did say that I don't like necklaces because I feel they make my neck look weird. However, I do have a necklace on as you can see in the picture. I figured it was the perfect opportunity to wear the Zales necklace I got from Weird a few years ago as a graduation/6 months gift. I think it completed my outfit :)

And to close, just a few pictures of my aunt's Disney Christmas decorations. She has a ton of different things, but here are three of the Disney-relates ones.

Mickey's Playhouse! I really liked the water tower.
A111.jpg

A classic Mickey Mouse Santa decoration. It's funny because when Weird and I see these things at the stores or online, we wonder who buys them since they're expensive AND can only be taken out during the holiday season. Well, my aunt buys them. Haha.
A125.jpg

Tinkerbell! I'm actually starting to like her just a teeny-weeny bit. I didn't get a good impression when I finally watched the movie with Weird this past summer or so, but I can't blame her for being jealous of Wendy, can you?
A113.jpg

What great pictures! Such a sneaky aunt to give you the only white dress. Puts a bit of pressure on Weird too. I love your aunt's disney decor though. I would love to buy more of it, but like you said, it is so expensive. Maybe one day...

Haha oh, the pressure of proposing ... I mean, you've got the white dress already! What to do, what to do! ;)

I'll work on it. There are some conversations to be had first ... ::yes::

Then, we'll be :bride::groom:

Are your cousins triplets? haha! :rotfl:;)

Great pictures too. Sounds like you had a nice Christmas!

What great pictures! Such a sneaky aunt to give you the only white dress. Puts a bit of pressure on Weird too. I love your aunt's disney decor though. I would love to buy more of it, but like you said, it is so expensive. Maybe one day...

Yeah, I end up putting a lot of pressure on Weird too when I find out friends or people around are getting engaged. But then he reminds me that it's not that he doesn't WANT to propose and get married, it's that we can't right now due to financial reasons. But even so, we do get very excited of one day actually getting the white dress!

Until then ... we are really looking forward to WDW! It'll be fun to be there because we thought the first time we'd get there would be for our Disneymoon. There's actually less pressure to get there before the Disneymoon because we can just relax, and we won't feel as if everything has to be perfect.

Haha oh, the pressure of proposing ... I mean, you've got the white dress already! What to do, what to do! ;)

I'll work on it. There are some conversations to be had first ... ::yes::

Then, we'll be :bride::groom:

Haha, so cute! When you said you were looking for the perfect smilies, I couldn't imagine what would be there. Well, I did think it would be the one with the hearts above and all that, but I definitely like the bride/groom ones better :) Hehe, you can have those conversations any time you want ;)

Are your cousins triplets? haha! :rotfl:;)

Great pictures too. Sounds like you had a nice Christmas!

They look like it, don't they? I'm so jealous. Their skin is just perfect and shines just right!

I was actually supposed to have a cousins trip to Florida about ... um, 3 years ago? Minus the cousin all the way to the right because she's considered "2nd generation" cousin (the "1st generation" is from a junior in college to 27 years old, the "2nd generation" is from 6th to 8th grade). We were supposed to go when the youngest of the 1st gen started college, but it just never happened. It's too difficult trying to get our schedules to match considering one is still in school, and I have to follow a school schedule. That's the only good thing about non-teachers ... they can pick their vacation time and avoid going during peak season!

Being a NYC Tourist

This past Sunday, my dad had tickets to the Knicks vs. Spurs basketball game. My mom gave her ticket to my cousin who's visiting for Christmas from Canada. Instead of watching the game, she wanted to go around NYC and be a typical tourist by seeing the Christmas store windows! She said it would be a once in a lifetime experience and that Weird could come to!

So for a couple of hours, we NYers walked around the city as if we were tourists! Mom and I actually got the day pass MetroCard for $8.25 so we'd have more freedom. Didn't want to use my regular card because that would mean $2.25 for each of us every time we swiped. No thanks! I miss those $1.50 days (the lowest fare that I remember).

Anyway, we headed to Bloomingdale's first for the first set of windows. I didn't take pictures of them because there were so many people. But I did take a picture of this!

Haha, maybe it's just me, but I think Robin has an interesting stance.
A163.jpg

They had a bunch of "Dynamic Duos" in this display, including Cleopatra and Alexander, the Obamas, and a creepy Santa and Mrs. Claus (they moved). I'm not a fan of Santa to begin with so when it's one that moves? Creepy! I didn't get pictures of them, but I got one of this sign because it reminded me of Weird <3
A164.jpg

We went in Bloomingdale's for a second (really to look for a bathroom!), but oh dear, that store is NOT for me/us. It was such a different crowd! I don't need Fendi glasses or Louis Vuitton bags. Just didn't appreciate that atmosphere. Give me a Mickey tote bag, and I'm beyond happy! Probably as happy or happier than someone getting a fancy-shmancy, expensive bag.

Anyway, we continued walking until we came across FAO Schwarz. By the way, I had no clue where we were because I don't really know that part of the city and ... well, I just don't have a very good sense of direction, haha. I know the area around my church in Chinatown, and I know the Financial District/downtown just because my dad used to work there and my grad school was there.

There was a line to get in. It wasn't bad because it was moving. It was just a good way to get people going through one door anyway to leave the other one free for those leaving the store. Kept things orderly, which I greatly appreciated!

Anyway, going up the escalators was a little scary because of the animals they have. Huge, sometimes life-size animals. Why? Thankfully, there weren't any buffalo (haha, irky, exactly what I was afraid of!). However, there was something really fun once we got to the top!

Pook-A-Looz! Well, I believe they were calling them something else there, but there they were! I was so excited to see them and touch them because I had seen them in someone's review of the D23 expo. Then I obsessively looked at the pictures I found on Flickr! How cute are they!!! They were buy one get one, but I don't need any more plushies at home. Too bad they didn't have (or we couldn't find) the keychains.
A165.jpg

Spot! How many of you read the books?
A166.jpg

See! Scary animals! Weird with one of the many bears! They cost $1250 each. Um, why? What kid is going to say, "Mom! I want that one!" And what parent would say, "Okay! Good choice!"
A167.jpg

My mom did make a comment though about how a lot of the kids who were there looked "privileged" just by the way they dressed. There were some families that had baskets filled with toys already. Not just one toy but many toys! That's insane! Haha, maybe I just think it's insane because I'd rather spent all that money at World of Disney instead.

They had a paint studio there. I liked the tree they made out of some of the things that could be painted. However, I couldn't help but think about the fact that most people painting in there would not be making things like this!
A168.jpg

There was a Lego section so they had this Chewy. Haha, Star Wars Weekends anybody?
A169.jpg

Weird really liked the architecture Lego since he did go to school for architecture.
A170.jpg

We kept on walking because it was so unbelievably crowded. I did like this golf cart though! I thought about how I could actually drive it, but then I remembered I drive real cars now! It took a while for me to get over my driving fear after my family was in a car accident. This was back in college, and I was the only one who was hurt. I had to go for physical therapy for my back.
A171.jpg

Weird, of course, immediately spots the stuff that's related to Cars!
A172.jpg

I, of course, immediately spot this freaky creature!
A173.jpg

This was definitely something I would have loved as a kid! I loved looking at it. I took videos of it and took pictures of each room. I have little rabbits and little bears that look like this so it just reminded me of it.
A176.jpg

We headed out of FAO and looked at more store windows and then got to World of Disney! This line took a bit longer. They were only letting in groups at a time. We hopped on the line and of course, they stopped letting people in right when we got to the front. Haha. But it was okay. We were willing to wait because we were there and we didn't really have anywhere else that we wanted to go. Everything in the store was either 50 or 75% off since they're closing (the 3rd floor was already cleared out!). I so would have bought a ton of stuff if we weren't going to WDW in April. I also wanted to get NYC stuff since I don't know if that stuff will be available. I briefly looked for a WoD NYC pin but figured I would never get into pin trading (not because I don't want to but because I can't afford it) so decided against it.

Loved these Disney ornaments! The whole place was decorated for Christmas. Weird said that he was wondering what they'd do with all the decorations after the place closed ... they should give it to us!
A182.jpg

Reindeer Eeyore! My mom loves Eeyore. This also reminded me of MeMom because she loves Eeyore and she gets Christmas stuff.
A183.jpg

Loved this shirt, but I don't have a baby girl to wear it! With the 75% off, it would've been only $3-4!!!
A184.jpg

Another one.
A186.jpg

I thought this bag was uber cute. You can see the outline of Mickey heads as the bag's design so it's more of a subtle Mickey. But again, I didn't have a little girl to buy this bag for! Yes, I ended a sentence with a preposition.
A185.jpg

Weird spotted baby Pegasus! We recently watched Hercules so even I thought it was cute!
A187.jpg

Theme parks figurines. I don't think any of them are cute, but it's interesting that they made figurines for seemingly random ride characters.
A188.jpg

This unbirthdays painting was in the little sitting room before the bathroom. I like how they have to decorate there too!
A189.jpg

A Sorcerer's Apprentice poster before we headed back up the stairs.
A190.jpg

I was debating between two pens. One pen had a clicky top with a Mickey head on it. It also had the autographs of a bunch of characters on it. The other pen was the clicky one with different colors. It had the Mickey's head/shoes/hands design on it. I ended up not getting either of them because I figured I'd save my money for the Disney outlets. Yeah, even at 50% off, I still didn't want to get it. Plus, I recently went to Michael's and bought 3 Disney Princess pens on ropes in a set for $1! Can't beat that.

Our last stop was Rockefeller Center. Oh dear, to get there, there was such difficulty! We couldn't even move. People were pushing as they were trying to cross the street. Weird and I even got separated from my mom for a bit. We were just pressed up against people on all sides. Blech. Not what I like about NYC at all.

It was funny though because the cops were using tape to tell people when to stop crossing so that cars could go (smart actually). But one lady was trying to get across at the last minute. The cop said, "Use the sidewalks, please." However, that lady tried to dart across and the cop said, "Ma'am! I'm telling you NO!" I just think it's funny when people think they're above the law!

Anyway, we reached the tree, tried to find a place to snap photos where the flags wouldn't get in the way (there was no way we were getting any closer with all those people there!). We found it (or we were just tired and wanted to leave) and left!
A192.jpg

We hopped back on the subway after this to check out the Macy's windows. After that, I was ready for some Pommes Frites. I've only been there once so I was definitely craving for some yummy fries with yummy sauces (sweet mango chutney mayo!). However, there was a line so we knew we wouldn't get some of the limited seating insides.

Instead, we headed across the street to eat at Dallas BBQ. We just wanted to take a break and sit! The 3 of us split an appetizer of the sticky chicken tenders and then a meal of the Carolina pulled pork with fries. My mom really liked the pulled pork sandwich, but I loved the sticky chicken tenders. They were basted in some kind of honey sauce. Mmm, I can still taste it now!

The meal was paid, and then I said that I'd get Pommes Frites if the line wasn't out the door. Unfortunately, it was! I did end up regretting not waiting for them though. We were just tired, but when my mom and I got back, she asked if I had any regrets going out since it was her idea to be tourists for the day. I said that I regretted not getting Pommes Frites!

Anyway, we stopped by Wall Street to look for a building, then it was time for the commute home! After an hour and a half, mom and I were walking through our front door and ready for bed!

It was a fun day and definitely a memorable experience. It's just not one that I'll be repeating in the future!

Looks like you had fun in NYC! My family went to NY in March for Spring Break (it was my first time!) and it was sooo much fun! It's funny you took a picture of the Spot stuffed animals. My one sister was OBSESSED with Spot when she was little so when we went into FAO Schwartz we had to take her picture with one. :rotfl:

As much as I needed a break from all the walking, I do wish that we had gotten some pomme frites! We should go for a quick snack ;)

Looks like you had fun in NYC! My family went to NY in March for Spring Break (it was my first time!) and it was sooo much fun! It's funny you took a picture of the Spot stuffed animals. My one sister was OBSESSED with Spot when she was little so when we went into FAO Schwartz we had to take her picture with one. :rotfl:

Yeah, we did have fun and a ton of memories when we were in the city on Sunday. It's just not something we'd do again! I guess because it's so close and it's right there, it's just not special. I'd so much rather spend a vacation in a small town (like Stars Hollow in Gilmore Girls!).

I love Spot! Weird said that it was him, and I didn't believe it at first because I couldn't imagine their making Spot stuffed animals! But they were so cute!

As much as I needed a break from all the walking, I do wish that we had gotten some pommes frites! We should go for a quick snack ;)

Hehe, I added the "s" in there for you. We'll definitely have to go get some soon! Gotta re-study that menu again then!

DHS Research - Hollywood Blvd

The last time I went to Disney Hollywood Studios was when it was still called MGM. Though I was initially adamant that I would never call it DHS, I have started to leave the name MGM behind, mainly because I don't want people to say, "Hey, that's not the name of the park anymore. How do you not know that?"

Here's an old picture of my family. Well, my family at that point because I have a younger brother now.
A224.jpg

Regardless of the name of the park, I don't know anything about it! I remember some rides, but once I get there, I'm not going to have any sense of direction! Tower of Terror was the new ride when we last went. Doing a quick Google search, I learned that it opened in 1994! At that time, it was all about that ride, The Great Movie Ride, the Backlot Tour, and MuppetVision 3D. I'm in need of some serious research!

These installments will be mainly for me (and Weird), but please feel free to throw in your two cents if you have any recommendations or suggestions! Even stories about these rides and places would be fun! So let's go! (I'll be using AllEars for the bulk of my research.)

Okay, there are "lands" here that I need to be familiar with so I have an idea of where attractions are. I'll do it one land at a time (and I have the map open online, but that's more of Weird's forte!).

Hollywood Boulevard

This is the first area that we would encounter, of course, since it's right after the entrance. The two things listed there are as follows:

(1) Sorcerer Mickey Hat

We'll definitely have to get a picture here! Flat Weird will really want one here too since that's what he wears most of the time. I remember when I finally got 2 of these hats on VMK. It wasn't that difficult to get because people were giving them away often as prizes in the quests. However, it still took a little work to get my virtual hands on them. It was my favorite hat until I got the princess Minnie hat.

The creepy thing is this: "Mickey would have to be 350 feet tall if he were to wear this giant hat." Um, I love Mickey. Really, I do. But if there were a Mickey that big, I'd flip out and scream! Actually, it's more likely that I'd get so scared that I'd freeze, and I wouldn't be able to move!

It'll just be fun to see this since I've never seen it before. Back when I was an itty-bitty one, Mann's Chinese Theater was the icon of the park.

(2) The Great Movie Ride

From what I remember of this ride, the only two scenes I didn't like were the Alien one and the Wizard of Oz one. For Alien, thankfully I didn't sit in the middle of the ride vehicle! I knew something was going to pop down when I was there as a kid so I was prepared with my half-squint technique. I didn't know the movie at all, so I didn't know what we were getting ourselves into, but the creep factor is intensified there so obviously something was going to happen. I think I'll still do a half-squint when I ride it this time!

Wizard of Oz is also a frightening scene because it's from one of my least favorite movies (yet I love Wicked!). I remember believing that the Wicked Witch was real! That just goes to show how amazing the aminatronic work is!

I'm trying to remember which scene I've seen, whether it was the gangster one or the cowboy one. I just know that whatever scene we had is what makes my mom dislike this ride so much. She hates loud noises, and she doesn't like the tension of the live action sequence where are tram car is hijacked. She especially doesn't like the gunshots!

One random story ... when we went to Florida many years ago, we brought my cousin along. While we were waiting on line for this ride, she noticed that there was a family a few groups behind us that were also near us when we were waiting for another ride, like Star Tours. The weird thing is that we went to dinner at The Crabhouse and they were seated a few tables away! Haha, it's a random story, but it's just something I really remember from this ride's queue. I don't remember a THING about the props, but I just remember the other family!

Lastly, just because I have old pictures ready for posting and because I prefer having pictures in my installments, here's another one!

My older brother and I on the same day since we're wearing the same clothes. Haha, I don't know why we don't look happy at all. I just know I always wanted to be in the Magic Kingdom instead!
A221.jpg

Awwwwww love that old picture! So cute!

I remember being mad when they first changed the name to DHS and swore I'd never call it that. Well, now I find myself saying Hollywood Studios instead of MGM. I also thought the witch in the Wizard of Oz was real! :scared1:

Awwwwww love that old picture! So cute!

I remember being mad when they first changed the name to DHS and swore I'd never call it that. Well, now I find myself saying Hollywood Studios instead of MGM. I also thought the witch in the Wizard of Oz was real! :scared1:

Thanks! It was fun looking for the old pictures. I just would've preferred having them scanned; those are pictures of pictures. Oh well.

Last year when I talked to one of my former students, I would constantly say MGM. He said it that way too. But then recently when I was talking to mom and said MGM, she kind of looked at me funny. Haha, so I had to add something about how I'll always see it as MGM. Now I think I'll stick with DHS!

I cannot stand the witch! So scared of her! My mom hates the flying monkeys in the movie, but I hate the witch! I'm slightly scared of the Munchkins too. Too much like the original Oompa Loompas. But the scariest thing in Wizard of Oz, in my opinion, is the Cowardly Lion! I don't know why I saw so creeped out by how he looked!

A Disney Christmas

If you read a few installments back (click here), I used the Disney Store to explain adding/subtracting decimals and Lumpy was one of the items I was buying. Ever since then, my students have been saying the name over and over again. One particular boy really got a kick out of it and said he would get it for me for Christmas.

A078.jpg

The student bought the little Pooh for the administrative assistant. She was out the day he brought it in, so he asked to leave it on my desk until the next day.

Well, for Christmas I got a Lumpy plush! Unfortunately, I have a lot of stuffed animals and don't need another. I thought about keeping it since it definitely has memories, but I also thought about the fact that Weird and I will eventually have a teeny tiny apartment with no room for much of anything.

So I went to the Disney Store with the gift receipt, which meant I had $16.50 to spend! I knew right away that I wanted the vintage Minnie shirt that I've been eying for a while but never got. I know it gets to be such an addiction when buying Disney t-shirts, so that's why I didn't get it beforehand. But now that I had money to spend, I knew I definitely wanted it!

A301.jpg

Well, to avoid filling out paperwork for store credit (the cast member seemed to really discourage it), I had to spend ALL of the money. Okay then, let me just get that vintage Mickey one too! I actually wish that they had the guy version of this shirt instead. I mean, I love it and am glad that I have it, but I like having matching shirts with Weird without exactly wearing the same shirt.

A302.jpg

Those two shirts were only $8 so it wasn't enough because there was still tax to spend as well. Again, the cast member was very into my spending it all, even if it meant going over just because of the paperwork. So she said I could get one of the reusable bags that they had behind the register. I initially picked the Mickey + Mother Earth one, but it still wasn't enough. I ended up switching it to the Cars one instead. HF loves Cars, of course, so it'll definitely come in handy in the future even if I don't use it now. But who knows! I may have my mom use it to pack a few things for our Florida trip (we bring spices and dried goods to our condo).

A303.jpg

Love getting to "buy" things at the Disney Store without having to pay for them! Lastly, how cute is their latest bag? I like that they used characters that aren't seen as often anymore in the design.

A304.jpg

I cannot stand the witch! So scared of her! My mom hates the flying monkeys in the movie, but I hate the witch! I'm slightly scared of the Munchkins too. Too much like the original Oompa Loompas. But the scariest thing in Wizard of Oz, in my opinion, is the Cowardly Lion! I don't know why I saw so creeped out by how he looked!

OK, flying monkeys AND oompa loompas freak me out! Especially Oompa Loompas, they are just so weird! :scared1: In kindergarten my sister's class did the Wizard of Oz as a play (yes, in kindergarten!) and she was a munchkin...one of the Lullaby League ones. hehe

Cute t-shirt! I saw some cute ones on the Disney Store website that I might buy before our trip. I wish the DS was still open here. :sad2:

OK, flying monkeys AND oompa loompas freak me out! Especially Oompa Loompas, they are just so weird! :scared1: In kindergarten my sister's class did the Wizard of Oz as a play (yes, in kindergarten!) and she was a munchkin...one of the Lullaby League ones. hehe

Cute t-shirt! I saw some cute ones on the Disney Store website that I might buy before our trip. I wish the DS was still open here. :sad2:

I remember mentioning the original Oompa Loompas to my class. Many of them only knew the newer Charlie and the Chocolate Factory movie. I was like, "No way, the original Oompa Loompas are TERRIFYING!" I told them to go Google it or something. Haha, aren't I a good teacher? Spreading the fear?

Wizard of Oz is just a terrifying movie in general. I mean, all this girl wants to do is go home. She meets these creepy creatures along the way. Then she finally finds out that she had the way to get home all along. I think I would've just stayed inside the house!

Aww, that stinks that the DS isn't open by you anymore! I think the website really needs to do something about shipping costs. I'd be buying so much more if it was free shipping! Even if they can't do free shipping, they should do flat rate $5 shipping or something! I'm just sayin' ...

DHS Research - Echo Lake

The last segment of DHS Research focused on Hollywood Boulevard, so now we're switching gears to Echo Lake! Doing this little bit of reading beforehand gets me really excited to go and it helps me familiarize myself with what DHS has to offer. Like I said in the last installment about it, it's been such a long time since I've been there that I don't know it at all.

I don't even know if this is from MGM! Haha, I'm assuming it is just because of where it was in our photo album (between two other MGM photos). I vaguely remember something about Roger Rabbit? Oh, and it has to be MGM if we're wearing the same outfits!
A223.jpg

Echo Lake

(1) American Idol Experience

I know a lot of people really look forward to seeing this and even go to see more than one show. However, this is probably one of the things that Weird and I will skip. We're not fans of the show (I don't even know who won the last season ... weren't there 2 guys named Adam or something?) so it wouldn't make sense to spend time there.

Plus, I personally think that the best part of American Idol is the crazy auditions at the beginning! I just like the singing or singing attempts and not so much the commentary. I can't help but think that the people who are tone deaf or can't hold a note don't necessarily have others to tell them that they can't sing. I guess I don't see the draw of singing just because I know I can't be that good. With the average voice I have, I sing in the church choir and on a worship team with Weird so it's not really an interesting dream to have.

Acting on stage, however, is definitely my kind of dream. You know, Disney on Broadway and all that ... haha. And I know AI isn't necessarily about Broadway voices. Broadway singers are different than recording artists, I think.

It might be fun to watch some of the auditions going on outside though!

(2) Sounds Dangerous

I don't think I've seen this before. I know we went to one of the shows, probably the Monster Sound Show. I know my dad first went to see the original show before we went because we needed assurance that it wasn't scary. I vaguely remember a scene being played so that volunteers could try to create the proper sound effects. I don't quite know if what I remember is actually the right thing! I do remember that at one point I took off the headsets and held it to my ears because it was too loud.

My memory is really fuzzy so I don't know if I'm mixing it up with the Alfred Hitchcock show that they had at Universal Studios. It might have been at Universal where my older brother was playing with these fake half coconuts, trying to add the sound to a cartoon.

Whatever the show was and whatever the show is, this may be another thing that Weird and I skip. I know that it doesn't get great reviews, and I don't like skipping something just because of reviews, but it's not going to be a must-see or must-do. AllEars also says that it's in the dark, and though I'm not terrified of the dark, I don't necessarily like loud noises when I can't see.

(3) Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular

This is definitely a MUST-SEE! Weird and I just recently watched Raiders of the Lost Ark in the past few months so we'll know the 3 scenes very well. I do remember seeing this as a kid. I have vivid memories of their picking the volunteers from the audience. When they picked the stunt guy planted in the audience, the host or whoever it was started making fun of his loud Hawaiian shirt. I remember commenting to my mom that (1) they're obviously going to pick him because they can easily see his shirt and (2) I can't believe they would make fun of him about what he's wearing and the guy doesn't do anything about it. I clearly fell for it all! That was probably the best show because it took about 2 punches for me to realize that it was all planned!

I have also read many TRs and threads about this little somewhat hidden bit of magic. There's supposed to be a rope that goes down into a well or pit with a sign that says "Do Not Pull Rope" with the "not" crossed out! Apparently, if it's tugged, someone will shout from down below! I'd love to hear the "person"! If my younger brother were going, I'd definitely have him do it because he's the kind of kid who does things he's not supposed to do!

(4) Star Tours

The only thing I don't like about Star Tours is the fact that it makes me feel claustrophobic! It's being stuck in a little room, putting on seatbelts that get locked into place, and having nowhere to go until the ride is over. It's really just a mental thing because you can't go anywhere once most rides start anyway.

Regardless of the whole claustrophobia thing, Weird and I are definitely going on this! Weird really likes Star Wars (he'd probably love Star Wars Weekends!). I think it's okay; I think I may have liked it more as a kid. The action sequences in the movies are fun, but other than, they're long, in my opinion. There are a lot of philosophical type discussion (haha, if that's the proper word) that I just can't get into. Of course, I'm saying this because we recently watched part of uhhh, whatever episode VI is (although I call it the 3rd one because I don't count Episodes 1-3 since I've never seen them and didn't grow up with them, haha).

Unfortunately, Weird doesn't like simulators, so I don't know how much he'll love this. Haha, okay, I just confirmed with him, and he said he likes the ride just because it's Star Wars! We'll have fun, I'm sure.

I do want to look out for this tidbit that I read on AllEars. Apparently the second Ewok entering the Starspeeder in the pre-boarding video is holding a Mickey Mouse plush! I also want to keep my ears open to see if I can possibly hear the page for Egroeg Sacul (George Lucas backwards) and a page for the moving of a vehicle with the license number THX 1138 (Lucas's first movie).

Then when actually on the ride, I want to hear the famous "I've got a bad feeling about this" line! Really looking forward to the little things. Haha, even though I'll be trying to remember the big things!

And again, I don't like posts with not enough pictures! So here are a few more.

My older brother ... I think it's the same machine as the one that crashed into the brick wall.
A219.jpg

Haha, so this is why I thought it was Roger Rabbit!
A220.jpg

Meeting Mickey Mouse!
A228.jpg

Lastly, this isn't at WDW, but this is in Florida at our condo in Kissimmee. It's the same place we still stay at now because we have a timeshare. I just think it's funny that the print of the fabric on those couches looked like ... THAT! Haha, that's my cousin, me, and my older brother with one of my mom's childhood friends. He's reading us a bedtime story of Berenstain Bears!
A217.jpg

Until the next DHS Research installment!

:scared1::scared1::scared1:

What do you mean you don't know who won the last season of American Idol?!?!?! You are half right, there was a guy named Adam. Kris Allen was the winner even though it should have been Danny Gokey (we loved him because he was from here!). In all honesty though the AIE was really fun, even if you're not a fan of the show.

Okay you caught me in your web! I can't wait to find out what else happens. I'll have to read your other trip report another time!! But this sounds great! You are going before me and DH but I know your trip will just be awesome!

Heyyy are you guys planning on getting married at WDW? Unless your already married and I was miss lead by a picture. Don't know that would be fantastic to see as well if that's happening!!

I am loving these old pictures! They are absolutely FABULOUS!!!! BTW, that couch fabric is awesome.

We have never done AIE, but a friend of mine did it a couple of weeks ago. He said that he actually enjoyed it. Maybe on a day when we are looking to kill time.

We have never done SOunds Dangerous.

Now, Indiana Jones on the the other hand is right up Sam's alley. He LOVED it!

Star Tours...Bryan HATES motion simulator rides, but he was like Weird when we tried it on our homeymoon. He loves Star Wars and was going to try it, even if that meant throwing up all over me.

I love the new shirts.

:scared1::scared1::scared1:

What do you mean you don't know who won the last season of American Idol?!?!?! You are half right, there was a guy named Adam. Kris Allen was the winner even though it should have been Danny Gokey (we loved him because he was from here!). In all honesty though the AIE was really fun, even if you're not a fan of the show.

Haha, I knew that I'd be upsetting you as I wrote that American Idol stuff! I watched most of the 1st season with Kelly Clarkson and then most of the one with Fantasia, but I didn't watch it enough to know the people by name. I think the main issue is that I don't watch the actual TV anymore; everything is watched online as I do my lesson plans. But who knows ... maybe we'll see if AI fits into our day, just for you, Sarah :thumbsup2

Okay you caught me in your web! I can't wait to find out what else happens. I'll have to read your other trip report another time!! But this sounds great! You are going before me and DH but I know your trip will just be awesome!

Heyyy are you guys planning on getting married at WDW? Unless your already married and I was miss lead by a picture. Don't know that would be fantastic to see as well if that's happening!!

Yay! I'm so excited to have another reader! The timing of my trips is very limited just because I'm a teacher. That means I'll always be going during peak seasons ... unless I take off from work, hehe! That means it'll either be February, April, or December (I don't know if I can go again in the summer; it's too hot!). We normally do April although the TR in my signature is from Feb.

We would love to get married at WDW, but we know we would never be able to afford it! In the back of our minds, however, is the idea that we would get married in a small little church in Florida with a few close friends and then have our Disneymoon, of course! We really see the advantage of having a destination wedding since we would only have our close family and friends since we're not into big parties. I'm curious to know what picture was misleading!

Anyway, welcome aboard! :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter