• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Its been so long. . . .Need help with airport transportation to Swan/Dolphin

Disney Doodle

I'm a Poly Girl!
Hi,

FINALLY getting back for a Disney Vacation, going in August. Haven't been there since 2009! I am looking for recommendations for private transportation service from the airport. There will be 3 (or maybe 4) of us total, and we want to make a grocery stop.

In the past I have used both Happy Limo and Sunray Transportation. Had great service with both. However, there are some negative reviews here about Happy Limo, which makes me nervous. I can't seem to get their website to load to check their rtes, anyone have rates for them?

And, I don't see Sunray mentioned on the forums at all. Anyone know if they are still in business and, if so, would anyone recommend them?

What about FL Tours? Any one recommend them? Thanks for all help with this. Can't wait to get there!!!!!

I don't think Sunray is in business anymore....and you weren't seeing them on the boards because they got themselves banned...some pretty nasty behaviour. You would never see me recommend them.
I haven't used Happy. I did use Fl Tours last month...I was very happy with them. My experiences with FL Tours have been very good since they changed managers/owners.

The last time we used Sunray was in Feb 2013 and it was fantastic. When we tried to book them for 2014, we received no response via email and when I called the guy that answered said that he took over but he didn't answer the phone as if it was a business, so I ended the call. We used FL Tours and have now used them twice, with no problems at all. We plan to use them again on our next trip. Enjoy your trip!

And as I said....Sunray was not to be discussed here. Extremely poor behaviour...some of which I was directly impacted. So, can we please stop mentioning them? They are out of business, and I, personally, am thrilled with that news!

I've used both FL Tours and Quicksilver. Both services were fine, but the drivers with FL Tours seemed a bit more professional. I didn't notice at the time, but my nephew said that the car Quicksilver picked us up in heading to our resort had a speedometer that wasn't working.:scared:

I've used both FL Tours and Tiffany Towncar. They show up when they're supposed to; other than that, I think the quality of the experience is based on the driver that you get.

I've used both FL Tours and Quicksilver. Both services were fine, but the drivers with FL Tours seemed a bit more professional. I didn't notice at the time, but my nephew said that the car Quicksilver picked us up in heading to our resort had a speedometer that wasn't working.:scared:
I used them once and they played games with me. I was at the Dolphin, by myself. I was outside waiting for my car to arrive. One does, the driver gets out and says "I'm here for you." So, I ask him who he's looking for. He said "You!". It took a few minutes of this 'game' before he would actually use my name. As a woman traveling alone, that left me with a very bad taste in my mouth!!! Never used them again.

Thanks to everyone that took the time to give me some advice . . . I definitely won't be using the one to remain "unnamed" FL Tours is the sponsor of this board, so I like what I read here, and will give them a call. Thanks again!

I have used quite a few of the private car service companies.
i switched to Tony Hinds 5 years ago and use him exclusively.

i like his prices, honesty and dependability.
i'm careful of which company i use as i am a solo female that does a 3 leg car service each visit.

You can't please everyone. A few bad reviews is a normal thing. Customer is not always right...
If you were happy with their service (i'm talking about Happy Limo) in the past ...why a couple of bad reviews makes you change your mind?

I, my family and some of my friends are using Star Trans-VIP. Good company. I do not know if they have any bad reviews. I don't read them. I've used this company many times and can definitely recommend them to anyone.

We used FL Tours last June when we stayed at the Dolphin and were very pleased. I would definitely recommend them and would use them again if we ever needed to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter