It's been asked, but: Anyone have a recent Sheraton Vistana VILLAGES review? :)

teamaaron

Aladin, my boy. Poor but got the girl of his dream
Hi guys,

I'm staying there in May, but if anyone has a review to share. What facilities are available (bbq, how many pools, views), which building is the best, what has the best views?

Where should I request when I check it, is there more than one pool area to sit, drink and relax? How is the gym and the other parts of the resort?

Please share, if you have pics, please share as well. THanks in advanced DIS! :D

I will upload my pictures later this week for you.

Checked in last Tuesday for 7 nights. Got a package through Travelocity including airfare. Booked a 2 bedroom. Got there at 2pm and room was ready - they upgraded us to a 2 br lockout in the Amelia section. Basically we got 2 room, each with one bedroom - but got two living areas and 2 kitchens (one was smaller) connected by an internal door. My 3 teens loved having their own "pad". The sofa bed was not comfortale - we asked for a rollaway which was very thick and cheap at only $5 per night

I had read many review on Tripadvisor and was scared what we would get - I had asked in advance for the St. Augustine section and was really nervous when they said Amelia - but I am so happy we got that section! The room was lovely, kitchen well stocked -- everything very clean and neat. Flat screen tvs in all rooms. We were in bldg 30 - a stone's throw from the main pool - which is absolutely gorgeous! At that pool they have outdoor ping pong, a pool table, water volleyball, there are painted lines for laps, an area with squirting fountains for younger kids, and a beautiful waterfall. There is a quiet pool there as well and I believe 2 hot tubs. They did massage, hair wrapping/tatoos, and there was a market selling pool toys and other swim essentials. There was also a pool bar selling frozen drinks. The restaurant is there, but we only got coffee - they sell Starbucks starting at 8am. The activity center had multiple daily activties for all ages including Zumba and other exercise classes, kids crafts, and teen volleyball tournaments. If you are on Facebook look them up - they post the weekly activities there. You can sign out sporting equipment from there (basketballs, paddles for ping pong, tennis, and board games). There is a smaller exercise room with cardio equipment and some free weights. there is also a dedicated basketball court with nice rims by the pool. Over by St Augustine is the pirate pool and slide, and I think there is a full pool bar there. My kids and husband preferred the work out room in the Key West section - many more machines - including some weight machines. In that rec center there are indoor pool tables, foosball, air hockey and an arcade. They also have a quiet pool, several tennis courts, dedicated basketball court, shuffleboard.

There is a market near Key West that sells many things including alcohol, ice cream and other snacks, fruit, lunch meat, toiletries, etc. You can use a card to charge to your room.

The ground were beautiful - very well kept - flowers, waterfalls, bridges, etc. You can easily walk the whole resort. Hammocks and swings are available for relaxation. There are also several gas grills scattered throughout - some even with lamps for night grilling and picnic tables. Oh, and I believe 2 play areas for younger kids.

We loved it here and wouldn't hesitate to come back - this was by far our favorite place we've stayed in Orlando. Very friendly staff and extreely helpful. I will post pictures later - please feel free to ask any questions.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter