• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

It's been 6 years, but we're finally going back: a PTR! UPDATED 2/9 change to August dates?

Today was Disney Hollywood studio day. We were there by 8:20 to get Jedi. We waited 30 minutes or so in line and got the 4:10 show.

We had a blast at Hollywood Studios even if we only ride 2 rides, one s bunch, the other one once.

It was crowded but we still enjoyed ourselves and got everything we wanted done, done.

We did open to close at the park. Go us!

Hollywood and Vine may have had the best food we've had at a buffet so far. The lunch food was far superior to Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey's and even CRT. We were impressed.

image.jpeg

I just found your trip report today. I read quite a bit of the pre-planning and am now reading all your live updates. Glad you are having a grand time! I would be frazzled with people trying to make changes at the last minute after all my planning too. I think you have the right idea to break into smaller groups for part of the time and then be together for other times. Have fun!

Today was our down day. It was cold out. The kids enjoyed their chilly pirate cruise though minion 2 got sea sick so she and minion 3 came back early.

We had a quiet day and attriel and I had an amazing dinner at Narcoossee's. We loved watching wishes snug and warm from inside as they piped in the music.

image.jpeg

Tomorrow is EPCOT. We're keeping an eye on the weather at home too since there is a decent chance of a hug snow storm hitting Friday and Saturday which may delay our return.

We're waiting for SouthWest to announce that there is a weather event this weekend. We'll probably change to a Monday flight out if possible.

As for today it was EPCOT day. We had fun. Two more Perry missions were completed. We met Mulan. We were not impressed with Akershus. We met 4 of the 5 characters we were missing from EPCOT. All in all it was a fun day though my feet don't agree. image.jpegimage.jpeg

So we have changed our flight home. We fly home Tuesday Jan 26th at 9am. This means we are in Orlando 3 extra nights.

It does not mean any additional park days though since we are already at 10 days.

I am moving one of our park days though. We were going to do Saturday as Magic Kingdom. I am moving that to Sunday but still MK, unless the kids decide they want a different park.

That lets us move to our yet to be booked hotel on Saturday and have a semi relaxing down day. It also gives us a lazy day on Monday before we head home back into normal life and likely 2 feet of snow.

Well the upside is a longer vacation! But I hope you don't arrive home to a house that is buried by snow :crazy2:

Hoping some of the snow is hype! I mean can it really be this bad...... i am hoping not

Well the upside is a longer vacation! But I hope you don't arrive home to a house that is buried by snow :crazy2:

My FIL is at our house with the dog. He picked him up from the kennel today. Our house has buried power so it is less likely to lose power at least. It is also right off a emergency snow route so hopefully the roads will be cleared quickly.

Hoping some of the snow is hype! I mean can it really be this bad...... i am hoping not

Based on everything I'm seeing yes it can be that bad. It looks like it may beat 2010, which was the year I got attriel to agree to a third of we got more then 26 inches of snow. 4 years later I still refer to minion 3 as my snow winnings ;).

Magic Kingdom day again. We did a bunch of coasters abut otherwise kept it slow. If tomorrow wasn't the last day for the big group I would cancel us we need a down day bad.

We met up with my friend from home for a bit. We're doing lunch at the same time and place tomorrow which should be fun.

It was a meandering day. The only ride I still want to do that we haven't, the kids said no to pirates, is jungle cruise. We'll do that Monday.

We decided to move our last day to Monday instead of Sunday. We'll do two down days Saturday and Sunday.

Oh and we found a 3 star hotel ok hotwire for $43. Hopefully irbid decent.

Teacups fun!
image.jpeg

Today was Animal Kingdom. With attriel's hurt knee, minion 2 not feeling great, and a good chance of rain we decided not to go.

My sister, her family and my Dad are all there today.

We've moved AK to Sunday and MK on Monday. We figure it is the perfect way to end the trip.

The kids have been iPading all morning and attriel has been sleeping. I'll pack some in awhile.

It sounds like the down day is perfect for you today. Enjoy your extra time in Orlando.

Okay first, back up a minute - you guys were at Sanaa last Friday the 15th? DH and I were too! I'm sure we were there later than you though. Our flight came in an hour late so 7:00 instead of 6:00, and we arrived for our 8:45 ADR at 9pm. Isn't Sanaa fantastic? It was our 3rd time there and definitely not our last.
I did think I saw Atriel in Epcot one day, but he didn't have any children with him and you were nowhere around so it may have just been his twin :)

I cannot IMAGINE going with 18 people! Years ago we went with all 4 of our kids (my stepsons are now 27 & 24) and my MIL, and my MIL was enough! The nice thing is that your kids will have special memories with family.

Now enjoy your extra days! We came home Wed. so avoided all the weather nonsense. This morning the news said we'll miss the brunt of the storm and will only get an inch or two, but 30 minutes ago it changed to 4-7". Who knows??? I just want to know if I have to go to 4 basketball games or not!
keep the updates coming!

It sounds like the down day is perfect for you today. Enjoy your extra time in Orlando.

It was a great down day. Tomorrow is down day number two. We may go bowling in Disney springs and the girl requested Raglan Road. So we'll probably do a late lunch/early dinner there.

Okay first, back up a minute - you guys were at Sanaa last Friday the 15th? DH and I were too! I'm sure we were there later than you though. Our flight came in an hour late so 7:00 instead of 6:00, and we arrived for our 8:45 ADR at 9pm. Isn't Sanaa fantastic? It was our 3rd time there and definitely not our last.
I did think I saw Atriel in Epcot one day, but he didn't have any children with him and you were nowhere around so it may have just been his twin :)

We love Sanaa it is on our must go back next trip list. We were there mid afternoon on the 15th. We did lunch at 1ish. I wanted to make sure we could see the animals from the windows. It was awesome.

It could have been him. He's been known to end up without a minion of with a minion not right by him before.

I cannot IMAGINE going with 18 people! Years ago we went with all 4 of our kids (my stepsons are now 27 & 24) and my MIL, and my MIL was enough! The nice thing is that your kids will have special memories with family.

Now enjoy your extra days! We came home Wed. so avoided all the weather nonsense. This morning the news said we'll miss the brunt of the storm and will only get an inch or two, but 30 minutes ago it changed to 4-7". Who knows??? I just want to know if I have to go to 4 basketball games or not!
keep the updates coming!

We are going to enjoy our extra days. We had a super relaxing down day. We more of less vegged all day it was great.

I've already gotten ADRs for our two park days, because I rock.

So we vegged all day. This evening my sister suggested Rainforst Cafe at Disney Springs. We mentioned T-Rex and T-Rex was decided on.

I love the Landry card. Best thing ever. 12 minutes after checking in for 13 we had a table. The food was great. The tropical cottontini was the best thing ever. Just do it, don't both with the other one the tropical one is so much better sand since the apple one was good that's saying a lot. Everyone had lots of fun.

All the kids got a build a Dino thanks to Nonnie. We said our goodbyes to my sister. We'll say our goodbyes to my parents in the morning. We may have invited my parents along on our Disneyland trip. We'll see if that really happens.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

It was a good day. In snow news my FIL and our dog are safely set up at our house staying warm as the snow falls.

Tomorrow we move hotels again and enjoy the unexpected continuation of our trip.

We have an early ADR for lunch on the 24th at Tusker House since we didn't go today. We also have a pre-park opening ADR at BoG on the 25th so we can ride 7 dwarfs again and yes I totally did it for the early ride and not the food.

Great score on getting two ADR's. Sounds like your last two park days will be a great way to end your family adventure. MK is my favorite park so I always try to start and end our trips with that park.

Great score on getting two ADR's. Sounds like your last two park days will be a great way to end your family adventure. MK is my favorite park so I always try to start and end our trips with that park.

I'm really glad we got Tusker House since I was looking forward to it. I really think Magic Kingdom is the way to end a trip. Starting it there isn't as important to me, but it is definitely top of the list for last day options.

Last edited:
We switched resorts today, Red Lion Hotel is decent. It will work for our last 3 days. We're a little squashed but that's okay.

We had a great evening at Raglan Road the kids enjoyed the step dancers.

We didn't go bowling, the prices at Splitsville were just too high for all 5 of us when we can go bowling at home 3 times for that price give or take.

Tomorrow we will be heading to Animal Kingdom, I'm not sure if we'll get there bear rope drop or later. It is open until 8pmish tomorrow so we've got plenty of time even if we get a late start.

image.jpeg

I love that your vacation got extended 3 days! I totally count that as pixie dust! :tink: Looks like ya'll are all having an awesome time!!!

Sunday and Monday updates in one post.

Sunday: cold, not windy but cold. We had fun but minion 3 was done far before everyone else poor thing. He fell asleep in the stroller for awhile when I took the other two to the Nemo show. We did lots of wilderness exploring, but didn't finish it all. It was a good day.

We did rainforest for dinner it was good. I think I like trex better, but it was convenient. image.jpegimage.jpeg

Today/Monday

Early day for our prepark bog breakfast.

We got on 7 dwarf after it, yay! Minion 1 ended up as beast again at Belle's he has an awesome roar.

We were not impressed by the photopass people at Pete's sideshow especially not the ones on Donald and Goofy's side.

We were done by 5, and got everything on the kids' wish lists done, but Ariel's seashell ride.

Now we're hanging at the hotel and I'll make sure we're fully packed this evening since we have to leave at 6am for the airport in the morning.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Tuesday Update

We're home. There is lots of white stuff on the ground. We had a lot of fun but it is nice to be home.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter