• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

It's Back-January Trip-A-Day Contest!

Also from Massachusetts! Not looking forward to shoveling the driveway on Tuesday. Winning the trip would make me feel better about the snow :)

How many winners do we have from here so far? Wonder how far along they are? The month is almost over. Here's to hoping for more winners!:dance3:

We love to ski in CO so the snow is good!! I wouldn't want to live in it though. We live in central TX so we don't have snow.

I did grow up in IN so I do know how horrible it is to live and drive in it.

I live in central Texas as well. Last year was bad with ice. This year was pretty mild though.

I grew up in NJ. I am kind of sad that my kids won't get to play in the snow like I did when I was a kid.

No enter button, tried to the Spanish route, the button did appear, but it did not accept my sign in?:mad:

Massachusetts here, awaiting the Northeaster :hourglass .... Disney dreaming of a stay at the castle suite :cloud9:

Just tried again, and came back to edit this post, because I was able to enter! pixiedust:

If you could have seen me about 5 minutes ago. Mad woman. I realized I forgot to enter earlier this morning and I was so afraid I was not going to be able to enter. Well:wizard: for me. I'm in.

This is so cool to see so many MA people on the boards.
Last year I met a woman from MA and she and I actually met up a few times a mall and have stayed in touch. I don't trust the internet to share too much information and especially to plan to meet up with someone but I'm glad I did with her.

Another board I was on, someone pretended they were from MA and was giving us false information about the details of things. Only because I'm from the area did I know it wasn't true. So be careful but yeah it's fun to know you are living the journey of this next storm with me while we wait for our winning emails.

BTW my friend and her husband are in flight home this morning. They have not been sold on staying on site. Long story short if you read my posts from earlier they did an extra night and stayed at POR last night. They are sold on the place and her last text said they plan to go back there next year. LOL

Happy they had that last magical day/experience.

Off to my day. Chat later.

If you could have seen me about 5 minutes ago. Mad woman. I realized I forgot to enter earlier this morning and I was so afraid I was not going to be able to enter. Well:wizard: for me. I'm in. This is so cool to see so many MA people on the boards. Last year I met a woman from MA and she and I actually met up a few times a mall and have stayed in touch. I don't trust the internet to share too much information and especially to plan to meet up with someone but I'm glad I did with her. Another board I was on, someone pretended they were from MA and was giving us false information about the details of things. Only because I'm from the area did I know it wasn't true. So be careful but yeah it's fun to know you are living the journey of this next storm with me while we wait for our winning emails. BTW my friend and her husband are in flight home this morning. They have not been sold on staying on site. Long story short if you read my posts from earlier they did an extra night and stayed at POR last night. They are sold on the place and her last text said they plan to go back there next year. LOL Happy they had that last magical day/experience. Off to my day. Chat later.

What happened again? They got to stay an extra night in WDW at the POR for same rate as a night at the POP? And JetBlue changed their flight for free cuz of snow? That's some good pixie dust! Need some of that to win this trip lol. Just went to WDW last week from 16-19. In withdrawals already!

How can so many of you be from Mass? That is crazy!!! There are like 4 of us on the board from CO :rotfl: And we are getting hammered this year with snow too. SO over it!

I'm gonna guess that all of us from MA come to the DIS to dream about Disney as an escape from the winter blahs!

I am a school nurse and thinking we may not have school on Tuesday either. I love a snow day, but hate paying for it at the end of the year.

Can I just say that during this month every year, my Spam folder is as empty as it ever gets? :rotfl:

Every day, I enter then check the spam folder cause I just *know* that my email server sent my winning message there. When I don't see it (yet), I empty the folder until the next day.

What happened again? They got to stay an extra night in WDW at the POR for same rate as a night at the POP? And JetBlue changed their flight for free cuz of snow? That's some good pixie dust! Need some of that to win this trip lol. Just went to WDW last week from 16-19. In withdrawals already!

:rotfl2:

I've tried to enter the last two days and get a message that submission won't process. Please try again. When I try again, the message is maximum submissions. Anyone else having this problem.

Hi All!

I'm not from Massachusetts but pretty close....Nashua, NH :wave2: I definitely hang out on DIS to chase away the winter blues.
I haven't had too much trouble entering the sweepstakes but when I do I just keep trying throughout the day. I eventually get through!
Congrats to all the winners so far!!

Another winner reporting in!

Let me preface by saying that my wife and I tend to be very careful with online privacy, but talked about it and thought the rest of the Disboards community would appreciate sharing in our good news since we’ve gotten lots of useful information from these boards over the years. So, please understand if I don’t share too much personal detail or name third parties.

Let me also say that our home park is Disneyland – never been to WDW – so I don’t venture here very often and found this thread as we begin to plan our vacation. I’ve scanned through the thread, and congratulations to winners Iri920 and Reality to FANTASY and good luck to all of you entering (there’s still time left)! I also see there are a lot of questions out there so I’ll answer what I can. I know we’ll have plenty of questions in the coming months to ask WDW vets and we appreciate the reciprocity.

I’ll say we won a drawing in the first two weeks of January; received an email notifying us that we’ve been selected as a “potential winner” 7 days after the drawing that it said we won, which gave us until 5 p.m. EST two days later to respond. The email came from Ventura Associates using an @sweepspros.com email address and arrived around noon PST, so +3 hours EST. I checked out the sender’s information and Ventura online and against the official rules, and everything checked out.

Despite what has been posted in this thread, neither the subject line nor the body of the email is ambiguous, and you can’t mistake this for spam if you’ve entered the sweepstakes and read the email. The email goes to the one you use to enter everyday – so make sure it’s one that you check. The email did not land in the spam folder. The subject line clearly states: “Disney Flip Side Sweepstakes - Potential Winner - Please Respond,” with the date for which you won in parenthesis. The body is substantially similar to the email from last year that wendow posted many pages back. It tells you that you entered the Disney Flip Side Sweepstakes and that your entry has been selected as a potential winner. It seems you are only a “potential winner” at this point because Ventura has to make sure you’re eligible to win under the rules. The email then asks for your name, mailing address, phone number, and date of birth to determine your eligibility. We replied with this information within the two days.

Ventura followed up with another email with an affidavit attached and instructions. The affidavit asks you to affirm that you’ve complied with the rules and contains certain releases. The affidavit also asks for the names and occupation/employers of you and your immediate family, your address, date of birth, telephone number, email address, and social security number among other things. I assume they need your employer’s information because Disney and Ventura employees are excluded from the sweepstakes. They need your SSN for tax purposes, i.e., the 1099 form they’ll eventually mail you. I can see why some people would be hesitant to disclose their SSN, but like I said they checked out. The affidavit needed to be notarized, then emailed or faxed back, and the original copy mailed to Ventura. We did so and, after a few days, we received the official congratulations by email.

Everything was done over email, which made sense because you enter with your email. I suppose they might call you if you don’t respond and your number is available in your Disney account. We never received any calls. I don’t know where the notion of FedEx packages came from. That seems to be outdated information. However, Ventura did need a non-P.O. Box address for mailing purposes. So I suppose at some point they'll send us something.

We were told to expect someone from Disney Parks to contact us in the next few weeks!

Thanks for sharing all the details about how the process works (email subject line, time to respond, etc.) and most importantly, CONGRATS!!!! :goodvibes

Hi, all! :wave2: First post here. I wish I could say I was a winner but I just figured I should stop being a creeper and join. I came across this board and thread after I started entering the contest and I gotta say, I feel less crazy obsessed about this knowing you all are doing the same things I do! I get the side eye from my husband sometimes. lol

Anyway, huge congratulations to the winners here! SO exciting! I hope you all have a magical time. My husband and I missed the first 12 days because we didn't know about it (Disney fan fail) but we're optimistic!

All you guys in MA are making me really grateful we've had such a mild winter this year in UT. Recently it's been around a balmy 40° :cool1:

Colorado person here :) send that MA snow to my part of Colorado...we'll always gladly take more having been in a drought since 2002! This winter has been pretty wild. Snow last Wednesday, 50s and high 60s this coming week. Wish it would just stay one way!

Congrats to all the winners, hope my family is lucky enough to get to join those ranks! My girls would love a night in that castle!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter