• Gala

• Macoun

• Yellow Delicious

• Red Delicious

• Granny Smith

• Crispin

• Empire

Results are only viewable after voting.
DS and DBIL own an apple orchard and my all time favorite without thinking twice is Macoun.....mmmmmmmmm! Then again there is nothing better than tasting an apple fresh from the tree. No store bought stuff can beat it.

Originally posted by disykat
I go in search of Macintosh every year - I was out looking this morning and can't find them locally yet. We had a tree growing up and I HAVE to make applesauce - yum!

Are they more of an East Coast apple? We have apples all over the place, but I can't find Mac's!

The Mac's, at least around here, are usually the first to be harvested. I think they are late August early September. See if you can get some Empires. I think they are pretty similar.

Winniedapooh, an expert! With great taste! Macouns rule.

Oh, and can I add, to me a great apple is one that you can bite down with your upper teeth at the top, and pull the apple away from your face, and you are left with a huge chunk--to be eaten leisurely. :p

The best apple I ever had was called a "Pink Lady," but I don't see them for sale very often. I voted for my new second favorite, "Gala."

Originally posted by tkyes
My favorite things at the orchard are the apple oatmeal cookies and the apple mini-donuts! YUM!!!

Apple mini-donuts??? Yum!! What orchard you go to?

My favorite apples lately have been Braeburn. I bought them to make a pie for DF's birthday, but they are awfully good to eat fresh too. I love an apple you can use to bake and to eat. Step-DS and DH love them too.

I voted for Gala in the poll, since those are the ones I always bought before I made the pie.

I voted for Mcintosh because it is my favorite of the ones listed, but my all-time favorite is the Fireside or the Red Fireside. We used to get them when we lived in MN. Now that we live in the state of WA, we can't get those, and boy do we miss those varieties!!

I love Macouns! I'm actually slightly allergic to apples, but sometimes I just crave a Macoun.

We have a place near me that has cider, cider donuts and apple muffins. DH always buys the cider and the donuts. Last week he bought some muffins and they were amazing!

Karen - We visit Aamodts Apple Orchard in Stillwater - it's a great place. They have a vineyard to where you can do some winetasting. They also have a couple animals for the kids to check out too.

Rumor has it that their apple brats are pretty tasty too!

Here's the link

Aamodt's

Tamie

I eat an apple every day for lunch! My favorites are Jonagold, HoneyCrisp, Braeburns, and I just bought a peck of Ginger Golds a couple of weeks ago and those are great too! Gala's are good too. I guess I like just about any kind of apple!:rolleyes:

Okay....

Am I the only one alive that thought there was 1 only type of Apple?

Originally posted by tkyes
Karen - We visit Aamodts Apple Orchard in Stillwater - it's a great place. They have a vineyard to where you can do some winetasting. They also have a couple animals for the kids to check out too.

Rumor has it that their apple brats are pretty tasty too!

Here's the link

Aamodt's

Tamie

Thanks, Tamie! Can't wait to give them a try!!

Love the red ones. Love to bake apple pies and apple cobblers

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter