• Yellow Delicious

• Red Delicious

• Granny Smith

• Crispin

• Empire

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bichon Barb

<font color=darkorchid>Mmmmm. French fries. Oh to
Well it's apple season in Central New York. I'm presently chomping on a very crunchy Gala. What's your favorite apple?

BTW, I'm going with Macouns. They have that nice crispness like a Cortland but not so tart.

Worst? Macintosh.

Fuji!!! Where is fuji?!!

I don't like Granny Smiths.

My favorite is Fugi. They're hard and crisp but sweet

Fuji!!!??? I think I've seen those in the grocery store. You know, on the shelf with the Red Delicious in May when they run about $8.00 per pound. Are they grown up here or are the mined in Washington or something ;) :jester: .

I can't think of the one that I like at our local apple orchard - it's something Sweet.

At the grocery store I like either Fuji or Gala, but they don't have those at the orchard.

My favorite things at the orchard are the apple oatmeal cookies and the apple mini-donuts! YUM!!!

Tamie

Just down the road from our house is Wilson's Orchard, an Iowa City landmark. "Chug" Wilson and his wife grow over 103 varieties of apples. Their recommended varieties are also our favorites, and are:

1. Song of September -- the best of the best
2. SpyGold -- ripening now, and the best for a true 'apple' taste
3. HoneyGold -- a juicy, sweet green apple

These top any of the choices listed, and Fujis, in my opinion.

I did a little Fuji apple research. They were developed in the 1950s in Japan, and came to the US in the '80s. They are grown in Washington and harvested from mid-October until the end of November. Try one! You may be a Fuji convert!

Okay, let's say Spy Gold, Honey Golds, etc., will be under Ginger Gold.

As for the Fugi. Sorry I only buy American. Bwhaaaaaaaa! Seriously, I think some of the growers up here grow Fuji. I'll check them out when I go to the farmers market.

If you can get a hold of a Macoun, try one. But really, you should buy whatever is fresh, local and in season.

I voted for Red Delicious to eat just so, but when I bake an apple pie, I ALWAYS use MacIntosh -- my mother taught me that and the pies turn out SCRUMPTIOUS!:D

Mines not listed either...Honeycrisp....yummy. They are grown mostly around the Minnesota area, but we had a few growers in Michigan, boy do I miss those Honeycrisp's.

We are going to the apple orchard this weekend to pick ourselves a peck! ;)

I like Granny Smith. Other than that I have never really paid attention to the different kinds! Guess I will have to now! :p

I voted for Mac....but i also love Johnathans.
Love apples that are small, hard and tart.

I love apples but my favorite (winesap) aren't on the list They are crisp, tart and juicy. I wish I could say that about everything;)

Macouns are good though. We have several Wegman's here that carry a lot of local produce. We also have a farm nearby that has dwarf apple trees which are great for the kids.

Jenn - I can't remember where in WI you are - but here's a link to MN apple varieties, I would guess they are very similar.

Minnesota Apple Varieties

What orchard are you going to?

I go in search of Macintosh every year - I was out looking this morning and can't find them locally yet. We had a tree growing up and I HAVE to make applesauce - yum!

Are they more of an East Coast apple? We have apples all over the place, but I can't find Mac's!

I like jonagolds, honey crisps, and my favorite of all is the Granny Smith with salt on it. Yummy.

I love Gala, my DH loves Macintosh and my DD loves Fuji. I have to buy three types of apples everytime I buy apples or someone gets upset!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter