• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

It's already starting...

I didn't want my last post to imply I am in favor of using TVs to tell the back-story for Everest. In ToT the TV works because the Twilight Zone was an old TV show and having the back-story told as a story within the context of that show made the TV appropriate. But how can a TV be made appropriate 20,000 feet up in a base camp? It seems the TV would take you out of the story because the TV technology doesn't "fit" the story.

Also, the Kali queue winds through "junk" and ToT utilizes TVs. In ToT the TVs are a small part of the queue, but are the primary way the back-story is told.
I don't mind the use of TV's. Not everything has to be live action acted out in front of me. But the key word to your statement is PART.

The TV's in TOT are a small PART of a themed, story telling queue. They are not the queue themselves.

The "T.V." In the Indiana Jones Queue is a movie, or is supposed to represent a movie and slide show. It isn't a Magnovox on a pole. That effect could work in this ride well.

Just an aside, Recently, I went through the Pirates exhibit at Disneyland and the one cut I noticed were the female pirates. There was a scene sketched out that involved two drunk female pirates. When this was cut I don't know, but it is far more singificant in my mind then a hand for a hook.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter