It's all smooth sailing from here... right? ALL DONE AND NEW TR LINK UP

Apparently it was going to be an EPCOT night. Leaving the park about 7:30 pm after dinner and then strolling in to EPCOT at 10 for Illuminations. I am guess I stopped back at the room since it was either cool or drizzly in between. :confused3

This one looks like birds or aliens flying off.

I caught this…

Then it turned to this.

Glad I took the short walk to catch the show. I was able to watch from the lower area by the bridge to France.
I let it empty out and was back to the room by 11pm.

That has to be the best thing about staying at an Epcot resort - getting out after Illuminations is SO easy!! No bus, no monorail, no traffic…

Cool pics - I'm glad you took that short walk over there too!

Love staying at Epcot resorts, but until Chloe gets a little older we will be staying at the MK resorts. Looking forward to staying at the poly DVC :).

Chloe did continue lessons for awhile. We need to get her back in for the summer. She is also doing Karate this summer.

Steve and Chloe say hi. :)

I really did miss the Boardwalk resorts this past trip because the convenience factor is huge. But we still managed to enjoy Illuminations on several occasions and I loved OKW. Have you stayed there?

Thanks again for the surprise. I can't believe that was already two weeks ago. So. Much. Fun.

That has to be the best thing about staying at an Epcot resort - getting out after Illuminations is SO easy!! No bus, no monorail, no traffic…

Cool pics - I'm glad you took that short walk over there too!

Oh I am spoiled by BCV. I am so glad that is one of my Home resorts.
So easy to pop in and pop out. Especially that time of year.

Love staying at Epcot resorts, but until Chloe gets a little older we will be staying at the MK resorts. Looking forward to staying at the poly DVC :).

Chloe did continue lessons for awhile. We need to get her back in for the summer. She is also doing Karate this summer.

Steve and Chloe say hi. :)

I totally get that- the kids first stay was at CR and being close to the MK was so nice.

I cannot wait until the POLY begins selling.
Glad everyone is doing great- Hope Chloe enjoys karate.

I really did miss the Boardwalk resorts this past trip because the convenience factor is huge. But we still managed to enjoy Illuminations on several occasions and I loved OKW. Have you stayed there?

Thanks again for the surprise. I can't believe that was already two weeks ago. So. Much. Fun.

You managed what we never did. Illuminations this trip did not happen. :sad:
We passed on it the first night thinking we had more opportunities and well never did.

I did stay at OKW Marathon weekend when I did the half.
I am glad you were surprised. We ended up with quite an elaborate ruse in the end, but you were a good sport in going along with it until all could be revealed. :) I agree, So.Much.Fun. Wish it was longer as always.

I have been reading along!! It has been...mmmm...a long time since I posted on the DIS but I am enjoying your TR, Pat!!!!! :)

I am interested about your allergen card. We are leaving in two days (YAYAY) and I would like to make something like this for the three of us with allergies. Did you make several to just give away, or did you have a keeper one that you just showed to the chef when he/she came to the table? What an awesome idea!!!!

Great Fireworks pix Pat !!! See you when I get back from Lake George !!!!

Thanks and Have Fun!!!

I have been reading along!! It has been...mmmm...a long time since I posted on the DIS but I am enjoying your TR, Pat!!!!! :)

I am interested about your allergen card. We are leaving in two days (YAYAY) and I would like to make something like this for the three of us with allergies. Did you make several to just give away, or did you have a keeper one that you just showed to the chef when he/she came to the table? What an awesome idea!!!!

party: :welcome: party:

Sorry if I am not getting back to you in time but I just got a 4 X 6 card and listed my allergies. I have some I cannot eat at all - I put those at the top and made a RED section.

Others are moderate and are in the Yellow section and the rest,

those I eat in moderation unless I am having symptoms are in the green section.

I figure the stoplight fashion may help. :confused3

I laminated the card and give it to the chef. Sometimes they look and sometimes they take it back to the kitchen with them.

Hope that helps

I love being able to just walk to Epcot to catch Illuminations. One of my favorite shows, but I always get horrible pictures of it. LOL. I just can't seem to get it right. :lmao:

Looks like you had a really good location for watching IllumiNations. :goodvibes Sorry you didn't make it on this past trip. Sounds like it needs to be a priority the next time you visit! :thumbsup2

I love being able to just walk to Epcot to catch Illuminations. One of my favorite shows, but I always get horrible pictures of it. LOL. I just can't seem to get it right. :lmao:

The BIG reason BCV is my home resort!!! The 5 min walk is just lovely. And at the bridge is not a bad place to watch IllumiNations and then duck out.

My other favorite is Norway and then while everyone is running for the exit, I walk the opposite way by Germany and out the IG. :cloud9:

I am hit or miss on getting pictures - just depends. They just don't do it justice though.

Looks like you had a really good location for watching IllumiNations. :goodvibes Sorry you didn't make it on this past trip. Sounds like it needs to be a priority the next time you visit! :thumbsup2

Yes it will be a priority on the next trip. Managed to see it a few times this trip so maybe missing it in May was for a good cause.

A nice way to end the evening after a special dinner. We are planning on doing Illuminations in September. We don't do it often because it's not a favorite, but since we will be at the Boardwalk we figured we might as well. You got some great shots of the fireworks.

Mon Dec 30th – Yes I know that was so long ago. So long ago that I look at my pictures and the first one had a time stamp that said 12 noon. NOON!!!

That can’t be right. :scratchin:

So I go back to my notes which had the times of the FP+ listed along with dining reservations.

Then I realized- this was the morning Cynthia went food shopping for her crew! And my camera is an hour off.

So the morning started early picking up Cynthia at BWV for a trip off property to Target. A cartful of shopping was done, fruit and veggies weighed but that was done at an adjacent register since the scale was broken at the register she picked. 18 bags later and with help from a bellman, Cynthia was on her way back to her room.

I went on to

Beautiful Day huh? It was probably warm enough but misty and humid.
Already crowded.

My first order of business? The FP+ I had from 10:15-11:15.

Apparently I thought I had enough time to get a picture of this.

I had planned perfectly hoping to be at the end of the window when I arrived.
The wait time was this at 11am.

A Close up of the best hotel on property

A crowd shot as I approach and navigate through. Why don’t these people look happy?

Hmm Wonder if this has anything to do with it. Regular FP return time.

:scared:

Above the heads, all the stars of Hollywood

As I approach, I hear the board begin to flip. I expect the number to go up and wait..

Well lookey there it actually went down. Not like I am running in the Standby line now or anything but that was unexpected.

I tap my band and head in the shorter line. For those interested the FP line was 20 min from line to end.

Some pictures in the queue.

My redneck ride picture is so blurry I am not even going to bother.
While at the end of the street, I might as well hit the other thrill ride.

Standby time is

Second FP+ to the rescue before tiering.

Once out another look at ToT stand by time

Looks like the wait time is bouncing around as much as the elevators.

The third FP+ of the day was for TSMM but not until 1:10-2:10.
A walk past and down around the street of America. There might have been a Cynthia and Jeff sighting around here as they were walking the other way.
I set out to stalk the Santa Goofy line.

Apparently it was long already. A quick walk back to TSMM for my last FP+ of the day.

No info on the score…. Guess it was that bad. With FP= Done and long lines and no others to obtain before dinner, I had one other holiday item to find. The Holiday Comedy show. I proceed to the Theater next to AI think that is where it was- nope, they were playing a movie inside… interesting.

The CM wasn’t sure what I talking about but I remembered there was another theater venue, back by the Phineas and Ferb meet and greet.

Would I find the theater and what would I think of the Holiday show?

A nice way to end the evening after a special dinner. We are planning on doing Illuminations in September. We don't do it often because it's not a favorite, but since we will be at the Boardwalk we figured we might as well. You got some great shots of the fireworks.

You can't beat Walking back to the Boardwalk or Beach Club while most everyone else is rushing for the front.

The Globe and slow part is not my favorite part but I love the beginning and the ending. Better than that is the song after the ending as the park empties out. Great song to stroll around or simply stand and wait until the crowd dissolves.

I find myself searching your pictures for my son Andy who was there and I believe he was on the Studios on the 30th (which was my birthday and I vaguely remember him telling me he was there that day). Funny how the time TOT kept fluctuating (Avery and I were able to get on it twice last week). Glad you got on R&R as well as TSM with FP.

I'm sorry you didn't get to see Santa Goofy (we missed him in December as well).

I'm curious about this holiday show as I never heard of it.

You got a lot packed into a short time at DHS. Can't believe you didn't get a picture of your score on TSMM.........must have been really embarrassing....... :rolleyes2 Of course, you couldn't miss on a trashcan pic! :rotfl2:

And those wait times at ToT and RnR........... :faint:

:woohoo: for Santa Goofy! I would have soooooo waited in that line! ::yes::

And how nice taking Cynthia to do her shopping! 18 bags!!! :eek:

All of these wildly fluctuating wait times are starting to make me a little seasick...good thing you could skip the lines!

Those crowds and wait times look like when we were there at spring break. At one point IASW had a 90 minute wait. Definitely not like the September crowds we are used to ;)

Mon Dec 30th – Yes I know that was so long ago.

So the morning started early picking up Cynthia at BWV for a trip off property to Target. A cartful of shopping was done, fruit and veggies weighed but that was done at an adjacent register since the scale was broken at the register she picked. 18 bags later and with help from a bellman, Cynthia was on her way back to her room.

It is so nice to have a car down there to be able to get groceries. It really helps on the food bill. ::yes::

I've been seeing the themed trash can salt and pepper shakers in pictures of the DTD Co-Op. I am really thinking about getting two of them this summer. Did you ever get a chance to check them out? If anyone needs them, you do!

You can't beat Walking back to the Boardwalk or Beach Club while most everyone else is rushing for the front.

So, so true. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter