It's all in the details...

karic19

Mouseketeer
What is your favorite detail around the resorts? You know the little thing that makes you smile but you're sure that EVERYONE ELSE walking by missed.

I have been to the parks hundreds of times. This trip I am going to hang out at some of the resorts and enjoy the details.

I don't want to miss anything!!!!! :flower3:

Resort theming down to the last details...
Hidden Mickey's in the carpets...
Impeccable landscaping...
no bugs...
background happy music....

Well I am sure these are things people didn't miss...

Fireplace at WL :lovestruc

The feel of when you are first entering the Poly to check-in :love:

The beautiful architecture of the GF :goodvibes

and my all time favorite is the announcer on the monorail. :cloud9:

The feel of walking into the WDW resort knowing that I am home, and the background music in the parks. I also love to find hidden mickey's (but not with help).

Also, a lot for me is in the cleanliness. I never get that dirty/unclean feeling at WDW. I would never eat from a buffet at home, but at WDW it doesn't bother me. I feel WDW does their best to keep everything neat and tidy.

Well I am sure these are things people didn't miss...

Fireplace at WL :lovestruc

The feel of when you are first entering the Poly to check-in :love:

The beautiful architecture of the GF :goodvibes

and my all time favorite is the announcer on the monorail. :cloud9:

Oh how I can't wait for my first stay @ the GF.

The background music, the beautiful landscaping, and of course, I always see little bunny rabbits somewhere in the grassy areas, and apparently they are accustomed to guests because they never hop away, they just keep on nibbling and stare straight back. Love the convenience and the hospitality. what's not to love?:love:

When you go to Pop Century and go up to the highest floor near the 50s bowling pin pool and look down. You can see the gutters very clearly next to the pool. And the laundry is made to look like shoe storage. Also, the names of the songs on the jukebox and on the 8 track tapes. And the lights out by Hourglass Lake have thin rods on top of them so the birds don't sit there and, er, soil, the area.

I stay at POR.

I love sitting on the "back porch", in a rocking chair, and listening to the sound of the water taxi pulling up to the dock at the marina.

We own an electrical contacting company and one of our favorite things to do is to look at all of the light fixtures around each of the resorts and parks...they really capture the feel of the resorts theming and many have a disney touch to them!

The big fat blades of grass you have! Its not like wimpy English grass and its really soft to walk on when your tootsies ache! And the lizards-last year was the first time that DH has seen them, as its been too cold the previous 2 times he has been. I had told him how cute the little guys are :goodvibes

I love all the visual details at the resorts, and there are definitely tons of them and they are all stunning, but I think my favorite thing to do is close my eyes and take it all in. The sounds and smells at Disney resorts nearly make me cry just thinking about it. Each resort seems to have its own scent, and they all smell so clean and fresh. The background music and sounds at each resort are so distinct and match each theme so well that I think I could almost identify them all just by listening.

We have stayed at deluxe resorts on our last four trips (five, if you count our upcoming one), but one of my all-time favorite experiences at WDW was sitting by the river at POR early in the morning. I'm a light sleeper and we had a snorer in our group, so I was up at dawn each day. The first day was irritating, so I got a cup of coffee and sat on a bench by the water. By the second day, I was looking forward to it. It's my favorite Disney resort memory that doesn't include my kids. Oddly enough, I had a similar experience when we stayed at AKV (awakened by my snoring DBIL), so I sat out on the balcony listening to the animals in the middle of the night. Definitely not sounds I'm used to here in Minnesota! Loved every second of it.

POR- Definitely the sounds of the crickets that you can hear from the speakers around the resort, and the banjo music :goodvibes

The Ranchos section of CSR- with the desert sand and the cactus planted-Looks SO much like the Southwest.

The foliage around the Poly-those big beautiful tropical flowers:love:

AKL- the details in the lobby furntiure as well as the room furnishings are just incredible.

Theres so many more though all throughout the resorts:lovestruc

I love the animals that I dont see every day in Chicago. For example the lizards, frogs and snakes.. POFQ is my favorite.

At POR... the fact that the lobby's ceiling is painted pale blue. (Commonly found in older houses and it's done to trick the birds and keep them from nesting on the portch).

I love the scent of the lobby at the BC. Just brings back wonderful memories that I cannot wait for again!

We love having dinner at Boma and visiting the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Right outside the restaurant waiting area is a lovely area with a fire pit and chairs. You can also walk around the pool and look out onto the savanah. It is often not crowded and there is usually a CM there who will tell you about the animals. Sometimes they have night vision binocs with them which you can use for a few minutes to view the animals. :)

Go into the lobby of the Villas at Wilderness Lodge. On the right is the Train Room. In a glass case is Walt Disney's own train, or some of the train cars he used to run around his back yard with his daughter riding on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter