• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

It's All Happening! Mission: DGE 2014 is a GO! A June-tiful PTR (COMPLETE: TR POSTED)

Yeah, well good thing I might not have to worry about having so many people anymore. ;)

Haha, I could totally go for a Jack Skellington jacket too. That'll be my mission to find an awesome Disney sweatshirt on this trip. ::yes::

Well, that sounds bigger than my school, but mine's probably one of the smallest out there so no comparison there. I mean, my graduating class is probably just over 100. Yeah, it'll be a big change in college since I'm looking at MUCH bigger schools.

Those are still some great shows. West Side Story is one of my faves and I LOVE Singin' in the Rain. Carousel I think is one of the classic Rodgers and Hammersteins I have yet to see. I just heard about Brigadoon and that one really intrigues me. I like the whole plot behind it. He definitely has a great list going there. I would also recommend R&H's Cinderella (either version), Thoroughly Modern Millie, Victor/Victoria and Cabaret. A lot of those are not well known and I think would probably be on the approved list (though I would check on Cabaret).

Well, it definitely paid off because it really is quite the authentic show and extremely well-done.

Awww, I wish that was how it was here. The closest to us is a good half hour away. *sigh* One day I will work at one again! One day!

:rotfl: :lmao: LOL, yeah that's it. ;)

Hmmm that was a wee bit of a cryptic comment....Did someone else bailout on you? :confused3
Hoping for your sake if so this will be the last one. I guess if not you could always go with your Mom and the sister that you went to see Taylor with. They seem like a fun pair.

Hmmm that was a wee bit of a cryptic comment....Did someone else bailout on you? :confused3
Hoping for your sake if so this will be the last one. I guess if not you could always go with your Mom and the sister that you went to see Taylor with. They seem like a fun pair.

Maybe... ;) You'll have to wait and see. :teeth:

The Time Has Come! The Moment's Here! The Black of Night Draws Ever Near!

Music, lights, a bit of fire to shape the night is our desire! The howl of a wolf on this moonlit night calls to us with eerie delight. In your fiercest hour, mix and mingle in with my great power, we now begin!

I think most would know where this is going because...

I BOOKED THE TRIP!

I know. I'm still in disbelief. I wouldn't have made this TR if I didn't think this trip wouldn't happen but I've tried to make a trip every year since my last one and even when it looked as if it probably would've/should've happened, it didn't. NOW IT IS!

:maleficen party: party: :maleficen

Let's just say a lot happened over these many weeks since my last update. It started when another member of the cast for this trip dropped out (yes, Tink2Day, 'tis true). I thought the trio was a done deal, but it was not to be. I sadly will be short a bestie.

Yup, Jocelyn pulled out. The girl gets a German Exchange student and now is sacrificing all these great opportunities to travel together once more just to go to Germany. *sigh* But really, if there was any reason for a person not to go to Disney *gasp* That was the best one yet and I fully understand. I will miss her though!

From four to two, only the guys have survived! Nate is still on board and we will still have an amazing time! It worked out for the best. We both have our own beds, will have more freedom with our ADRs, be able to get things done more quickly and overall be more efficient in the parks. Also, as I mentioned earlier, Nate is the friend who is closest to being as obsessed with Disney as me. And we never got to hang out with each other as much on the last trip as well as over these past few years so it will be nice to have that whole week to really catch up and celebrate graduating from high school and going to college!

Oh and we'll be doing A LOT of Princess Meet & Greets.

*ahem*

When it came to actually booking the trip, my mom told me not to get anxious and drop the idea on my dad at a bad moment. So we waited until their anniversary for her to bring it up! This was good because the chorus trip DID end up getting cancelled due to lack of participants so I had more reasons (more PLAUSIBLE reasons) for why I should go. After she asked and returned from her little trip, I had to go ask him myself and he gave me the okay I needed, not without stipulation, but I know my dad and was prepared.

Some celebrating, high fives, etc. etc. were shared and soon after...

I booked the trip!

:teeth:

I'm sure you all are anxious to see what I booked and if everything was withstanding so... here are the official deets of this trip!

WHO? Nate and Myself
WHAT? A trip to WALT DISNEY WORLD to celebrate our recent graduations and taking a big step forward in life! Oh and we are also on the DISNEY DINING PLAN with five day DISNEY PARK HOPPER TICKETS and ONE DAY TICKETS TO UNIVERSAL!
WHEN? June 23rd, 2014 to June 28th, 2014
WHERE? At Disney's newest on-property resort, ART OF ANIMATION in a standard LITTLE MERMAID ROOM!

Everything went exactly as planned and I could not be happier. Now, it's a waiting game, but based on how I managed to survive nearly three years of Disney depression, these next 246 days will be a walk in the park... maybe.

There still is a lot needed to do for this trip so I will be occupied. We have to buy our plane tickets and the tickets for Universal. I've also only put down the $200 retainer to book the trip so lots of money. Also, when December roles around, Nate and I have to book our ADRs. Originally, we were going to split that up fifty-fifty but he decided to give on to me so I have free choice over FOUR ADRs while Nate has his two. He felt I'd be better at picking out good places to eat at in Disney so he wanted me to have the majority of choices. Thanks Nate! I'm also going to do a lot of other prep like getting a new camera, seeing as many Disney releases this year as I can, planning out the park days, etc. I'm prepared for these months of waiting ahead. Did I mention too that the day all the money for the Disney aspect of it is due on MY BIRTHDAY?! EEEEEPPPPPPPP I CAN'T WAIT TO GO!

The day before I booked the trip, I went on my Senior Class Hike. I had so much fun. It was a perfect day and I got all the way to the top of Mount Monadnock where we hiked. Here are some pictures, the view was absolutely GORGEOUS!

And my school's mascot is the saber. That is a bear claw. *sigh*

We also had a little BBQ type lunch after the hike, which was nice especially since I didn't bring a lot of food on the hike and the whole ordeal took about two hours of almost non-stop climbing.

I was supposed to book the trip that night but because of some issues on the Disney website, they weren't allowing booking so I got to watching the premiere of TOY STORY OF TERROR!

I was so excited especially since this was supposed to be the night I booked the trip, but of course technology foiled my plans. I was a bit surprised by the whole thing. I thought the whole film would be set around Halloween and make it more so Halloween themed with some familiar toys from the holiday. Of course, that wasn't the case, but I did like it! It was all done in classic Toy Story/Pixar animation style. I still wish it had turned out the way I had anticipated, but it's brilliant in its own right. I mean, Combat Carl anyone?

And thus, our topic for this update's :grouphug:DISTALK ROUNDTABLE:grouphug:!

So what was your opinion of the film? What were you expecting? Were those expectations met? How so? I mostly want to hear your basic opinions of the film. It was quite the unique "Halloween" flick.

I have a special second update for y'all, to kick off the real planning of this trip so stay tuned!

:woohoo: 6 DAYS UNTIL HALLOWEEN! :woohoo:

Happy Thoughts and Pixie Dust to all!

:tinker:

More Planning

It's Delicious! Don't Believe Me? Ask The Dishes!

I'm going to jump right on in to the ADR aspect of my planning because this is going to take awhile. The last ADR I ever attended was Garden Grill and that REALLY was over three years ago now. I never got to go to any on my trip freshman year with chorus and band. So with six ADRs I plan to make the best of it.

I have four ADRs to decide on and I still feel somewhat restricted. Fact is though, there is one ADR I MUST make. I'm sure most know where this is going, but it has to be done, HAS TO. Not sure where this reservation will fall chronologically during the trip but my first ADR will be...

:dance3: BE OUR GUEST! :dance3:

01-be-our-guest-marquee.jpg

(Credit to Disney Food Blog)

bog2289574LARGE.jpg

(Credit to the Disney website)

bog1189574LARGE.jpg

(Credit to the Disney website)

I'm not sure how this one will work out based on track records of other DISers, but if there's a will, there's a way. I'm going to be booking this the earliest I possibly can which is actually around Christmastime. I would love this to be on our first night since that would make my return to Disney World SOOO perfect, seeing New Fantasyland and getting to dine in the Beast's Castle. Beauty & the Beast is a very special Disney film to me because it's one of only TWO musicals I've performed in that were Disney musicals (the other being High School Musical, which isn't even at the same caliber as BatB). This show was also the last one I performed at my middle school where I got my start in performing (HSM was my start, strangely enough). Beauty & the Beast is by far one of the best musicals I've been involved in and came around the time my obsession with Disney bloomed (the performances were at the beginning of the month, my first vacation in Disney was at the end). May not be reason enough, but it really would make for a cool full circle type deal for me by beginning my celebration of graduating from high school in the same way I began my celebration of graduating from middle school. *crossing my fingers*

One definite ADR down, three ADRs of numerous possibilities to go! To add to the madness, I'm also the WORST when it comes to decisions. It's ridiculous how long it takes me to make them and how much I HATE having to make them. But I know with Disney I can't go wrong with any choice I make, especially in terms of food, though I still can only pick out three places myself aside from Be Our Guest. So, to make absolute sure I'm making the right choice, I have a compiled a list of places where I have some remote interestto begin this process of "narrowing down". Without further ado then, I present...

My List of Disney Restaurants I Would Like To Eat At And Never Have Before

I think my creativity just shone through more than usual. ;)

Here is what I have noted:

50's Prime Time Cafe

Tony's Town Square

1900 Park Fare

Chef Mickey's

Kona Cafe

Tutto Italia

Whispering Canyon Cafe

Tusker House

Akershus Royal Banquet Hall

Boma

'Ohana

Teppan Edo

La Hacienda de San Angel

Liberty Tree Tavern

Coral Reef

Cape May Cafe

Mama Melrose's

Nine Dragons

Yeah, it's been awhile. There is a large group in here that I have a strong interest in while others are only very mild, but I would like to hear your thoughts on these places. While I'm not really looking forward to going to some surprise restaurant that I never anticipated on going to, maybe you could convince me. I'm really hoping that this trip will be my chance to expand my horizons with Disney food places since they were so secluded to the parks on my first trip and we really only went to the more notable, nicer looking places. That was a good start to Disney food but I think being more open now would make for a better experience for two Disney veterans (well somewhat).

All I ask is you help me with this by letting me know of what you have enjoyed immensely in the past, what you recommend as well and maybe give me a place I don't have on this list that you really think should be. I might add I'm not doing any of the signatures though I've been chomping at the bit to get my butt over to Le Cellier, no signatures. Someday I will, but not for this trip. I think I might want to save that for a longer trip.

Before I wrap this double update up. I want to show you all a special Disney delivery I received yesterday:

IT CAME IN!!!

Now my array of Disney shirts is pretty much complete for this trip! I have at least one Disney shirt per day plus at least one to sleep in. Mission accomplished!

I'm sorry I kinda rushed through these updates a bit and they may not be the most clear, but as I mentioned before I don't have a lot of time, but I knew I had to get at least something up. Hope you're all sticking around! I really have a lot to talk about and I prefer not to feel like I'm talking to myself when I use the word 'you' *wink, wink* I promise the updates will be coming more frequently soon enough. :teeth:

Oh and since I probably won't do an update any time before Thursday...

:ccat: HAPPY HALLOWEEN! :ccat:

:woohoo: 6 DAYS UNTIL HALLOWEEN! :woohoo:

:hmghost: :maleficen Happy Thoughts and Pixie Dust to all! :hmghost: :maleficen

More Planning

SO MANY RESTARUANTS OH MY GOD.
'Ohana is absolutely phenomenal. I'd definitely go with that for one of your ADR's.
I mean, you basically get unlimited food until you explode and HELLO BREAD PUDDING. THAT STUFF IS EARTH'S AMBROSIA, I'M TELLING YOU.
For a new idea, Via Nappoli is amazing as well. The pizza is fantastic, the desserts are incredible, and the atmosphere is wonderful.

SO MANY RESTARUANTS OH MY GOD. 'Ohana is absolutely phenomenal. I'd definitely go with that for one of your ADR's. I mean, you basically get unlimited food until you explode and HELLO BREAD PUDDING. THAT STUFF IS EARTH'S AMBROSIA, I'M TELLING YOU. For a new idea, Via Nappoli is amazing as well. The pizza is fantastic, the desserts are incredible, and the atmosphere is wonderful.

I know right! And I only can pick THREE!

I really was hoping to book an ADR at one of the Poly restaurants and I love family style so maybe that will be a definite choice.

Sounds great! I have heard a lot about it before but forgot to mention it. Love Italian food! It's truly going to be a big showdown between Via Napoli and Tutto Italia if it comes down to that for my World Showcase choice ADR.

Thanks for the recommendations!

We LOVED Ohana!

Via Napoli, not so much :( I was so excited for yummy Italian food and the atmosphere, but it was so loud, and we had horrible service and the food was just mediocre :(

Hi! I leave for Disney tomorrow and sleep just isn't happening so I thought I would comment on the restaurants I have been to.

50s Prime Time: With the caveat that I've only been here once, I have to say this is my favorite restaurant at WDW. We're actually having Thanksgiving dinner there tomorrow because I love it so much. The food is delicious and the atmosphere is just so much fun! A lot of it depends on the waiter you get, but ours was fabulous and totally into the schtick of the restaurant. I loved it. 10/10.

1900 Park Fare: We've been here for dinner several times. The food is pretty good, pretty much standard Disney buffet, and the character meets are great, but our service was absolutely atrocious the last time we went there. We couldn't get any refills, and they forgot to bring out my mom's birthday cake I ordered. 4/10.

Chef Mickey's: I ate here years ago and don't really remember the food, but I love the restaurant itself and the character meets are amazing! Really, where else are you going to meet Mickey in a chef costume! 8/10.

Kona Cafe: Ate here for breakfast on my last trip. TONGA TOAST = UNREAL. Our service was pretty slow, but not terrible. You really have to be a breakfast person to like the breakfast here. 8/10.

Whispering Canyon: Again, it depends on your waiter how much fun you've had, we've had hilarious and boring experiences. The food is pretty good. 6/10.

'Ohana: 'Ohana was my favorite restaurant up until we ate at '50s. If you like to eat a LOT, I would definitely recommend it, because the food just keeps coming! 9/10.

Teppan Edo: I LOVE TEPPAN EDO. It's so underrated I feel like? I don't know, I never hear a lot about it, but we've been a few times and have always had a good experience. Great food and the cooks are a lot of fun! 9/10.

We LOVED Ohana!

Via Napoli, not so much :( I was so excited for yummy Italian food and the atmosphere, but it was so loud, and we had horrible service and the food was just mediocre :(

I think that's the first bad review I've heard for Via Napoli yet lol Gets me really thinking.

And 'Ohana might end up being a definite now... I'm not sure but I've heard too many good reviews to take it off. :thumbsup2

Hope you had a wonderful thanksgiving BTW! :)

Hi! I leave for Disney tomorrow and sleep just isn't happening so I thought I would comment on the restaurants I have been to.

50s Prime Time: With the caveat that I've only been here once, I have to say this is my favorite restaurant at WDW. We're actually having Thanksgiving dinner there tomorrow because I love it so much. The food is delicious and the atmosphere is just so much fun! A lot of it depends on the waiter you get, but ours was fabulous and totally into the schtick of the restaurant. I loved it. 10/10.

That's awesome! I hope you're having a great time since I'm seeing this comment a few days late haha

Awww, that's so cute! Chances are this will be my DHS choice, ever since a little fiasco at Sci Fi on my first trip. It definitely seems like the perfect place to have a Thanksgiving dinner. Hope you had a wonderful thanksgiving BTW!

1900 Park Fare: We've been here for dinner several times. The food is pretty good, pretty much standard Disney buffet, and the character meets are great, but our service was absolutely atrocious the last time we went there. We couldn't get any refills, and they forgot to bring out my mom's birthday cake I ordered. 4/10.

That stinks! I mostly want to go to 1900 Park Fare so I can do the whole fake proposal thing to Anastasia and Drizella lol Or to meet the Mad Hatter.

Chef Mickey's: I ate here years ago and don't really remember the food, but I love the restaurant itself and the character meets are amazing! Really, where else are you going to meet Mickey in a chef costume! 8/10.

I feel it's almost a rite of passage I go here. Ugh. Either the Mickeyroni or the fact they are all dressed as chefs is going to break me on this one.

Kona Cafe: Ate here for breakfast on my last trip. TONGA TOAST = UNREAL. Our service was pretty slow, but not terrible. You really have to be a breakfast person to like the breakfast here. 8/10.

I'm not huge into breakfast so maybe I'll reconsider this one. But I do REALLY like the idea of an "exotic" breakfast or a "fancy" breakfast since I'm a pretty adventurous eater. And if that Tonga Toast really is unreal... might have to jump on a Kona breakfast ADR!

Whispering Canyon: Again, it depends on your waiter how much fun you've had, we've had hilarious and boring experiences. The food is pretty good. 6/10.

Hmm, never really thought about the possibility of a boring waiter. Might have to reserve this and 50s just so I can amp up the probability I get the "experience".

'Ohana: 'Ohana was my favorite restaurant up until we ate at '50s. If you like to eat a LOT, I would definitely recommend it, because the food just keeps coming! 9/10.

Sounds like Garden Grill then... WHICH I LOVE! I think everyone is really selling me on 'Ohana.

Teppan Edo: I LOVE TEPPAN EDO. It's so underrated I feel like? I don't know, I never hear a lot about it, but we've been a few times and have always had a good experience. Great food and the cooks are a lot of fun! 9/10.

I love Hibachi restaurants and to have one in Disney this must be the best. Maybe I'll give all you readers a nice proper review by making an ADR here, since it really is overlooked for the most part.

Thanks for all the reviews! :teeth:

Hope your trip is still on! Wondering how the saving, paying and planning are going? I know you probably don't have much to update but I've been watching for alerts. popcorn::
Unfortunately, due to a series of tragic losses, floods and so forth my trip was canceled, so I can't report on BOG as I had promised. Maybe next year. Which will work out as the new HP Diagon Alley:stir: will be complete this coming summer! Sign up for their site, if you aren't already and you can watch a live webcast of the progress in the building of the new attraction in January.:wizard:

Hope you and all of your friends and loved ones have a wonderful and blessed Christmas, I recall it's one of your favorite Holidays (like my grandson I think you said your all time fave is Halloween).

Hope your trip is still on! Wondering how the saving, paying and planning are going? I know you probably don't have much to update but I've been watching for alerts. popcorn::
Unfortunately, due to a series of tragic losses, floods and so forth my trip was canceled, so I can't report on BOG as I had promised. Maybe next year. Which will work out as the new HP Diagon Alley:stir: will be complete this coming summer! Sign up for their site, if you aren't already and you can watch a live webcast of the progress in the building of the new attraction in January.:wizard:

Hope you and all of your friends and loved ones have a wonderful and blessed Christmas, I recall it's one of your favorite Holidays (like my grandson I think you said your all time fave is Halloween).

Hi Tink! Yup, it's still on... LIKE DONKEY KONG! I actually have a lot of things to update on just haven't had a lot of time to update. I'm sure you know what's been going on though since you follow my twitter feed. Hopefully I'll get an update together for today! :)

Awww, I'm sorry to hear that, but it's for the best. I never even knew about Diagon Alley. Wow, I am SO out of the loop. I need to keep up with this stuff if I'm going to visit Universal for my first time ever. *facepalm*

You too! Christmas is my favorite holiday! People don't lie when they say it's the greatest time of year because it really REALLY is for MANY reasons.

A Whole Lot of Holiday!

Hello DISers!

I can't believe I'm hitting that two month mark without an update. Wowzer! I'm so sorry I've kinda left you all in the dark with everything. That's unless you follow my twitter feed then you would probably know about everything! But just in case, here is a MASSIVE real-life update (there are three parts to this just an FYI)!

Alright, where do I begin? OH YES!

HALLOWEEN!

Really? I'm two holidays missed on this, whoa! And by default, I also missed a third. "Shameful, absolutely shameful."

Anyways, I actually had a really exciting Halloween this year. As some of you might know, my original plans and what I did last year was stay home, watch horror movies and do my homework. Yeah, real fun. This year, I tried to make the best of it because... you know... SENIOR YEAR!

The Sunday of the week of Halloween Jocelyn invited my sister and I to go rollerskating with her and her German exchange student and check out Screeemfest, one of the local "scream parks", too. As some of you might know, I've never been in a Haunted House IN MY LIFE that wasn't the Haunted Mansion. I love scary movies, but haunted houses... never. Still, I was trying to overcome my fear so I went.

We had a really fun day, shopping and rollerskating. Then, we headed to Screeemfest (and yes, that's how it is spelled there). I started psyching myself out a bit once we got there, still bent on going through my first haunted house, but after we went on a couple of rides (it's usually just an Amusement park on a normal day), we headed to our first haunted house. The nerves really started to kick in here and before long I was second guessing myself. Then, some of the actors came by, one with a chainsaw and I was done. I stormed off and didn't go back.

Most of the night, I hid in an area where the actors weren't, watched some of the shows, hung out at a booth for Kiss 108. I tried to make the best of it and I think I did the best I could. When my friends were finally finished with every single house there, we headed out but not without getting pictures with some nicer actors.

Overall, a great night, but that was only the beginning to my All Hallows Eve celebration.

On Halloween, Jocelyn invited me to go with her (and some others) to another scream park type place called Haunted Acres to try to get me to go into more Haunted Houses. I was feeling courageous so I agreed. Of course, when we got there that night I wasn't so sure.

It rained on Halloween and the place was practically empty. Two actors jumped out at us and I was done. I had a little break down before my friends went into the first haunted house. It lasted awhile. Luckily, because no one was there, some workers and an actor by the name of Jack (you'll want to remember him) let me hang out and make sure none of the actors got near me.

Once my friends had made it out of the house, we went up to the snack bar they had opened and hung out with Jack. Jack kept us very much entertained while my friends tried again and again to get me to go into one of the haunted houses. Jack joined in too, but not until everyone was pretty bent on getting me into one. Then, after a lot of failed coaxing, Jack threatened to get all of the actors out of the houses and come find me. That was the worst thing imaginable so...

I agreed to go into one.

Jack also agreed to stick with us when we went in. I kinda had an army surrounding me, but I didn't really miss anything because all my friends were screaming my name when we walked in. And those actors know how to do their jobs because they all asked for me. It was pretty funny at times and quite terrifying at others and even though Jack ran out on us at the last second... I liked it! I had a really good time. I went through every haunted house minus the one that I broke down in front of. And we had some great interactions with a lot of the actors. One of them followed us through most of the houses and he was probably the scariest one we met too.

Jack left us after that first house (it was actually a trail mind you and the scariest/longest one I went through). He did say goodbye, but we didn't get a picture with him. Before we went through our last haunted house, we tried to find him, but got in trouble for shouting his name. Sadly then, it was not to be, but we did get one commemorative picture then went through the graveyard (which was a pretty crappy haunted house mind you) and left.

Here is that one photo we managed to take:

Overall, it was a great night. Probably the best Halloween I've had in years. And you can bet on it that I will be visiting more haunted houses in coming years. It really wasn't that bad. It was more fun than anything even when every person in the house knew my name and yelled it when we came near. Gosh... did they break me in or what?

After that, I was kept busy by school for the most part. Four AP classes... it isn't a joke when you take those. I also had Senior Project to worry about (of course, my procrastinating has me freaking out more than ever). But I was able to send in my applications for Early Action! I only applied to two schools: University of Vermont (my top school) and Ithaca College (my main safety school).

And...

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:I GOT INTO UVM!!!:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Not only that, but I received a PRESIDENTIAL SCHOLARSHIP too!

So yeah, I'm going to college alright. I sadly haven't heard back from Ithaca, but I have a ton other schools I'll be applying to for Regular Decision so crossing my fingers I get a lot of acceptances to choose from. But unless one of these schools costs NOTHING then I probably will be going to UVM.

Of course, even with all this school hanging over my head, I did manage to fit in more fun. I had my school's fall play, Our Town, which went over very well. It was my first time doing the fall play and not only did I get a lead, but I had so much fun with this cast. One of the best I've had the pleasure to share the stage with. It was bittersweet though, my last time working on my high school's fall play and my only time performing in it. Will miss it.

Here is a photo of all of us seniors. You'll notice only two guys (including myself) are seniors (and that's crew AND cast):

Auditions for the spring musical are coming up soon. So excited for Once Upon A Mattress! Got to get practicing for that.

My family also found time to enjoy the theater from the audience's perspective as well at our local professional theater...

HYSTERICAL. One of the funniest musicals I've seen! Second to only Book of Mormon but I'm biased. If you ever get the chance to see this, don't pass it up! Wonderful show, especially for theater fans. Not to mention, my sister, DOS, the one who's not into theater like everyone else in my family, thought it was awesome! But there were lots of homages/parodies to/of classic musicals that I appreciated. Spamalot easily became a new fave.

My mom's side of the family held an early Thanksgiving this year at my godmother's/Aunt's house. It sadly was one I'd like to forget. I won't go into the details, but let's just say an ambulance had to be called in the middle of the feast. It kinda put a damper on things and I wasn't in the best mood that day either. Made for a very different kind of night.

On the actual thanksgiving, we went to my Aunt's (my dad's sister) and had a wonderful time. Really made up for the much more eventful but tense thanksgiving. Of course, you could say our second thanksgiving feast was eventful when you talk about a certain game of Head's Up. Or another specific game of street game.

The continued positive of this all was my mom's apple pie. Makes my day any day! :teeth:

Entering into December now, I had quite the month. Rehearsals for another show I'm currently involved in really began. Then, swim team started. And my Acappella class began having LOTS of performances. All good fun. Of course, in true taoistic fashion, the universe had to balance itself out and thrust upon me its worst.

Autumn, my guinea pig, passed away on December 5th (Walt Disney's Birthday). It was such an awful day and I hope I don't have to go through what I went through that day. And I wish not even my worst enemy that they don't have to deal with what my mom, my sisters and I went through that day. I will always miss my little partner-in-crime, but I know that you and Uncle Walt had a wonderful party that day and are enjoying each other's company in a better place. Love you!

Here is something I wrote in honor of her on Instagram:

I'm sorry I didn't mean for this update to be such a downer. But I think it would've been criminal to not include some things.

I do deal with death fairly well and didn't have to take a day off or anything like that. I just needed the good cry and finding that closure. We also had a nice distraction awaiting us.

It was the perfect distraction to get our mind off of... things. I loved A Christmas Story The Musical and put us all in that Christmas spirit we so desperately needed. Not to mention Boston was all dressed in its Christmas best, that boosted the Christmas spirit factor too.

Only a week later, I also got to take another trip to Boston with the Chorus & Band for my sixth Boston Pops concert and my third at Symphony Hall. That was fun as always. The Pops always put on a great show and I really got to enjoy Boston at Christmastime. Love it there!

Here are some photos from that night:

The top one is at Symphony Hall. The wreath was in the Prudential Center and the lights on the tree were in Copley Plaza between the two buildings.

Then, we hit actual Christmastime, which I'll get into later. But before, I have a lot of Disney updating to do so stay tuned for that.

More Below

Magic Bands, ADRs, Mary Poppins and Olaf The Snowman?! I'm Living On Pixie Dust!

I feel so awful I didn't even leave mini-posts on this because so much has happened with this trip. Yup, it's still on! IT. IS. ON. But really a lot has happened.

First, I received this little booklet:

Have I mentioned that I love Disney? So perfect! Disney just knows how to theme everything. It has all my trip information in it and recommendations for certain things. I didn't necessarily need all of that in retrospect, but... well you know.

Then, Disney decided to release its latest animated venture and probably the singular film I've most anticipated this year:
FROZEN!

I loved it! Everything about it lived up to expectations. And I got to see it the day it premiered in all cinemas. I'm sure you all know how perfect this film is that I won't go into details, but it was a wonderful cinematic experience. I'm obsessed with Olaf, my new favorite Disney character! I'm so obsessed, I made this edit on Instagram:

:lovestruc:lovestruc:love::lovestruc:lovestruc

I've gone again to see Frozen since then. This time in an empty theater with my Disney buddy and IN 3D! I found a whole new appreciation for it and loved it even more. If you have yet to see it in 3D, I highly recommend checking it out. Especially with that Get A Horse short. Actually worth it having that extra dimension.

Prior to my second Frozen viewing, I was checking out the MyDisneyExperience app on my phone when this showed up...

Nope, that ain't no trick of the light.

I'M GETTING MAGIC BANDS!

I might've had a minor fainting spell. I was so happy. I tried to tell Nate when I found out, but he wasn't on Skype. He eventually found out himself though. Mine is blue as is pictured, but I went with the name Olaf too. Might change my mind about that... NAH! But I'm so excited that my trip landed during a testing period for AoA. Going to be an even more fun trip now!

I was a little surprised how Disney didn't send me mail before I found out with the USB stick. Little did I know, it was on its way. I have gotten the MyMagic+ package since setting up my Magic Bands and I did freak out even though I already knew what it would be telling me. That vacation planning DVD has still not arrived... a bit worried about that.

Have I mentioned how happy it makes me Edna Mode is the unofficial mascot for MyMagic+? She's FIERCE!

*ahem*

Getting back to around the time I got to see Frozen again, I've arrived at... VACATION TIME! I was so ready for this vacation. You have NO idea! And to kick off Christmastime in the right fashion, I headed out to see a movie, but not just any movie, I saw...

SAVING MR. BANKS!

My new all-time favorite film! I have never cried so hard during a movie. It went beyond my expectations. This film was more made for me than anything. I've always loved learning about the history of the Walt Disney company. I've seen many documentaries and this film put me in the center of probably one of the most critical moments for the company. And Walt's last great triumph before his death only a couple of years later. Thinking about that, how well done the film was, the performances, the story... it was too much. I was a puddle on the floor. I cried through most of the critics right up until... well I won't ruin it for those who haven't seen it yet, but stay after the credits. It is VERY much worth your while.

I don't think any non-Christmas film put me more in the Christmas spirit than anything before. Beautiful film!

Jumping over from there to Christmas morning, I was finally able to start booking ADRs! I really wanted to jump on this so as soon as I could, I snagged a dinner ADR for Be Our Guest!

Yup, first night I'm in Disney I'll be dining in the Beast's castle (preferably in the West Wing). What a magical night that will be! Hopefully Nate enjoys it because... I don't plan on changing it anytime soon.

I am in the midst of having to book more. I hope that before vacation is over I'll have some semblance of dining plans with an ADR booked each day as planned. I know that one of them will definitely be 'Ohana after all your wonderful reviews. I think it would be a huge loss for me not to go. But I still have to pick out the others.

I'm trying to decide on my second day breakfast reservation. I'm stuck between 1900 Park Fare and Akershus. It really is a matter of if Nate is willing to go to a Princess breakfast since it would be a bit strange to others two adult dudes getting pictures with princesses. And he may have very little interest then. I'm also considering Chef Mickey's in this instance. This might be my only breakfast ADR so give me your best judgement.

Since I kinda led us into Christmas, I think I should give you a nice little update on my Christmas day. Then... YOU ARE FREE! Stick around and scroll down...

More Below

Once Upon A Christmastime

Before I get into this, I have one last announcement. I mentioned earlier that I still had yet to hear from Ithaca College. Well, within the hour of typing that, my mom brought me up a package from Ithaca with my acceptance letter and a letter about a merit scholarship! I GOT INTO BOTH MY EARLY ACTION SCHOOLS AND GOT SCHOLARSHIPS FROM BOTH!

I feel so accomplished right now. Got accepted to the two schools I've applied to so far. It's going to be quite the waiting game for all my regular decision colleges. Whew.

Anyways, onto Christmas!

I meant to post this update yesterday, but I was much too busy with being all Christmas happy to sit down and write an update. I also still have a little bit more Christmas to come. The day might be gone, but I still have some parties with the extended family to attend. Christmas and I don't let go all that easily.

So far though, my Christmas season has consisted of two parties at school, one party at home with friends, Christmas gift exchanges with the family and Christmas morning (SANTA!). It has been a wonderful Christmas! Much more laid back than in past years and I've been home for most of it. I needed that considering this is the last Christmas I have where I'm home for the entirety of the season along with doing as much as I've done (i.e. A Christmas Story the Musical, Boston Pops, etc.). Either way if things went south from the start, I was going to make it a Christmas to remember.

And it has been.

My Christmas season began with a small little party with my advisory. We planned to have a cookie swap where everyone brought in a dozen cookies to trade in such a way where everyone was able to have one of each person's cookies. Then, we had a Yankee Swap with all $5 movies! Yes, that last one was all my idea, but it was pretty much the more successful of the two (the cookie swap didn't exactly happen). Everyone brought in great movies. I brought Chicago, someone brought (500) Days of Summer, another brought The Dark Knight Rises... people chose well! I ended up with the Coen Brother comedy Burn After Reading, which I'm so excited to watch. I call that a success right there.

I actually didn't get my film until the next day because my advisor forgot to bring in his DVD for the swap. But I got it. This day, the last day of school before vacation, we had another party, although bigger and resembling a Christmas party more-so, was a bit of a drag for me anyways. But I drank enough soda and ate enough cookies to make it a pleasant event. I was wearing a Santa hat that day too!

Continuing along chronologically, skipping my second Frozen viewing the night of the first party, to the first full day of vacation, I held a party with friends. I had it all extra prepared, having invited twelve people, which was big for one of my parties, but in the end only six showed up and one I actually forgot about after the slew of texts throughout the day. It was still a fun night. I had another Yankee swap. I brought the first season of Breaking Bad to this one ($15 requirement). I ended up with an incense holder, which does seem odd but is all kinds of nerdy awesomeness. Let me rephrase that, it's an incense holder shaped like a castle with A DRAGON ON TOP OF IT! I couldn't be upset with that. And when you light up an incense cone in it, the smoke wafts out through it and it looks so cool.

Here is a picture of the two YS gifts:

The next day, I also had a gift exchange with the family, which wasn't exactly a happy occasion. A tire on my mom's car went flat when I was coming home from rehearsal. Also, the rehearsal was early in the morning and lasted two hours so it was not a happy occasion. In terms of the flat tire, getting that taken care of was fairly smooth, but it made me a bit stressed out and combined with the fact I was on my feet for most of the day, I was not having it. So when I had to go shopping for one very picky sister's gift, I was done. And this kinda translated into what happened at the actual exchange, even though I got fabulous gifts from everyone. I just wasn't able to give out as great gifts to my sisters as I'd hoped. But here is what I received (my parents' gift included):

From DOS

From the Parental Units

From DYS

(I'm not sure I've mentioned this before but on here, my sisters go by the name of DOS and DYS. DOS is the older one and DYS is the younger one. I am the oldest, but I think that makes it easier to definitively know who is who rather than DS.)

Yeah, an Olaf plush! He talks AND sings! The PERFECT gift for me. I carry him all around the house like I'm five. This is what Christmas does to me people!

I did apologize to everyone for being a sour puss that night and the rest of the days leading up to Christmas were wonderful. Saving Mr. Banks was perfect! Every Christmas movie I watched was another beautiful tear in my eye. I couldn't have asked for better.

Then, Christmas morning came around! I was the first one to see my gifts, but my baby sister DYS joined in on my holiday shenanigans (my mother can't stand that I go downstairs early). This happened at about 1:30 in the morning, around two hours after I "went to sleep". I'm pretty hardcore about Christmas as I've probably mentioned before. Then, at 2:40 in the morning, my sister was getting annoyed with not being able to open up anything so my whole family went down to really look at everything we got. I had quite the pile. Just look:

This is going to be coming in real handy, real soon. ;)

Four New Disney Movies + New Camera + Pajama Pants + Breaking Bad + Chicago + iTunes Gift Card + Disney Gift Card = VERY HAPPY TIMMY

I know it's a bit wrong to only post pictures of gifts, but I'm sure none of us wanted pictures taken while we were all frumped up in the morning. But the Christmas spirit was very much present, we all were extremely grateful to be able to enjoy such wonderful gifts.

The day was very laid back as I said, all at home, watching Christmas movies all day and specials (like the Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade) too. A very fun day especially since I had been sick since Christmas Eve (and still am today).

At the end of the day, I posted a video on Instagram wishing all my followers a Merry Christmas with a long note attached. I thought I should share that note with you all too. (The part cut off says: "And thanks to my family for making this Christmas equally as special as the last sixteen!")

:goodvibes I hope you all had the hap-hap-happiest Christmas ever! :goodvibes

(I don't know what the brown splotches are because they aren't there in real life)

P.S. I promise to have another update around New Years with all my ADRs listed. Pinky promise.

:mickeybar HAPPY LATE LATE LATE THANKSGIVING! :mickeybar

:santa: MERRY CHRISTMAS! :santa:

:smickey: Happy Thoughts and Pixie Dust to all! :smickey:

More Planning

Sorry to hear about your pet :(. Losing a pet is so sad. We had a health scare with my older cat who is 16 a couple days before christmas which definitely made things more stressful. We literally thought we were going to have to say goodbye to her but she ended up just having an infection. She still is in recovery mode but it was a relief not to lose her. Still though I have had pets who died right in our arms so I know how hard that can be.

LOVE your singing olaf!!!! I know i mentioned this on instagram but I got the same toy for my mom who like you LOVES olaf! He is on display in our living room right now! Love how he sings "In summer" Did you get a olaf pin when you went to the 3d one? They were passing them out to people who went to the 3d showings at AMC theatres. They are actually really cute! Mine is currently up on my pin board at home.

On a much happier note I'm glad you liked Saving Mr. Banks! I have still not seen it yet but it is on my must see immediately list! I know for a fact I must see it before I go on my disney trip in a couple of weeks. I have heard great things about it (espeically emma thompson's performance but I also have heard great things about tom hanks). I promised my dad I would take him to see the hobbit as well so it looks like I am going to be at the movies a fair amount.

You got one of the flash drives!??!!?!? my mom and I never got one for our trip. We only found out about them because my aunt had gotten one for her trip for my cousin's graduation. we got to order magic bands (in fact they just came in the mail) and everything so i'm not sure why they didn't send the usb. On a fun side note one of my stocking gifts for christmas was a set of magic band widgets. It was the park icon one that neil patrick harris was wearing on his band in the parade. Speaking of neil patrick harris I absoultely LOVED seeing him in the parade. His song at the begining was awesome!!!

Oh my, it'll take me quite a while to catch up! The grandsons were the ones following you on Twitter a while back, but their performances in jazz quartet and orchestra (the younger one) and the older one having several performances in theater, finals etc (girlfriends;) ) they haven't been reading and keeping me posted.
I did quickly scan through the photos, you have been a busy young man as well!

I did see you lost your little friend Autumn, :grouphug: I have had my share of losses as well this year, two very close relatives :littleangel: but we can have a good cry and carry on never forgetting any of them.
I've been very lax in keeping up with any trip reports lately, my heart hasn't been in it, but I look forward to catching up with your adventures:coffee: they seem so much along the lines of two of my favorite young men, my two oldest grandsons.

Sorry to hear about your pet :(. Losing a pet is so sad. We had a health scare with my older cat who is 16 a couple days before christmas which definitely made things more stressful. We literally thought we were going to have to say goodbye to her but she ended up just having an infection. She still is in recovery mode but it was a relief not to lose her. Still though I have had pets who died right in our arms so I know how hard that can be.

Thank you. We actually had a similar scare with my dog awhile back too. Tessie, my dog, has lyme disease and some neck problems that cause her to be in a lot of pain at times. It has happened before, but it's started to happen more frequently now this year, and the first time, we thought that we would've had to say goodbye since it was so bad. Luckily, that was not the case and now it's a matter of being more careful with her since she is getting very old too. I don't know what I would've done if they both passed within months of each other. :sad2:

LOVE your singing olaf!!!! I know i mentioned this on instagram but I got the same toy for my mom who like you LOVES olaf! He is on display in our living room right now! Love how he sings "In summer" Did you get a olaf pin when you went to the 3d one? They were passing them out to people who went to the 3d showings at AMC theatres. They are actually really cute! Mine is currently up on my pin board at home.

I love my Olaf so much! My poor sister had to go through a big ordeal when getting him though. The lady was quizzing her on Olaf and Frozen before she would give her him. She loves Frozen and Olaf (we are all big Olaf fans in this household (minus my other sister and my dad of course)), but what she told me was this lasted awhile and got a bit ridiculous. I love her so much though for getting it! She knows me so well!

I didn't! I saw everyone posting pictures of it so I was really hoping when I went to see it again in 3D I would get one. I didn't know it was only at AMC (the closest theater to me is a Cinemagic), but there is an AMC nearby too! Maybe I'll see if I can go one last time and see if they are still handing them out. :thumbsup2

On a much happier note I'm glad you liked Saving Mr. Banks! I have still not seen it yet but it is on my must see immediately list! I know for a fact I must see it before I go on my disney trip in a couple of weeks. I have heard great things about it (espeically emma thompson's performance but I also have heard great things about tom hanks). I promised my dad I would take him to see the hobbit as well so it looks like I am going to be at the movies a fair amount.

Definitely! It's... SOOOO GOOD! It is the perfect film for Disney fans. Rich in history, whimsy and that good 'ole fashioned Disney sparkle. Not to mention, it is a fantastic movie on its own! Emma Thompson is AMAZING! She better get an Oscar for this role, all I'm saying. Brilliant performance! I liked Tom Hanks too, but Colin Farrell is truly the unsung hero of the supporting cast. He plays P.L. Travers's father and... I can't say much without giving away, but he is awesome! Same with Paul Giamatti who de-aged. Literally, he looks twenty years younger. His role is so cute!

Haha, that's awesome, same here. I'm HUGE into movies and there are so many good ones coming out right now. I still haven't seen Catching Fire and I oh so desperately need to see J-Law in American Hustle too. Hope you enjoy The Hobbit! Once I get through the book (within the next century), I'm looking forward to watching that and the first one too.

You got one of the flash drives!??!!?!? my mom and I never got one for our trip. We only found out about them because my aunt had gotten one for her trip for my cousin's graduation. we got to order magic bands (in fact they just came in the mail) and everything so i'm not sure why they didn't send the usb. On a fun side note one of my stocking gifts for christmas was a set of magic band widgets. It was the park icon one that neil patrick harris was wearing on his band in the parade. Speaking of neil patrick harris I absoultely LOVED seeing him in the parade. His song at the begining was awesome!!!

Yup! It came in about a month after I found out I was getting them. It was pretty funny especially since when I opened the package, it already knew that I had gotten the Magic Bands too. I guess it just depends. Some people get briefed well on the MyMagic+ trials, some get only a fair amount of briefing and some find out the day they arrive. Still, exciting stuff! I'm totally going to buy some widgets when I get there. And that's really cool about NPH. I didn't really watch the parade this year, only during certain parts. I know, I'm a terrible Disney fan, but I think NPH was part of the reason. I watch the Tony Awards and after watching him host those for so long, his shtick has gotten old. Still, what I saw of the parade was AWESOME! When Josh Gad (voice of Olaf and original Elder Cunningham on Broadway (Book of Mormon)) came on to talk about the Frozen-inspired Adventures by Disney and Elsa & Anna showed up, I freaked! Love them so much! :goodvibes

Oh my, it'll take me quite a while to catch up! The grandsons were the ones following you on Twitter a while back, but their performances in jazz quartet and orchestra (the younger one) and the older one having several performances in theater, finals etc (girlfriends;) ) they haven't been reading and keeping me posted.
I did quickly scan through the photos, you have been a busy young man as well!

Well, that's okay. I really have been just as busy. And probably my twitter posts have been mostly complains about life, which you probably don't want to read. They're very vague, redundant and crass. Stuff I would only post when I'm in a bad mindset and trying to deal with the craziness. No girlfriends though... not into the dating scene.

I did see you lost your little friend Autumn, :grouphug: I have had my share of losses as well this year, two very close relatives :littleangel: but we can have a good cry and carry on never forgetting any of them.
I've been very lax in keeping up with any trip reports lately, my heart hasn't been in it, but I look forward to catching up with your adventures:coffee: they seem so much along the lines of two of my favorite young men, my two oldest grandsons.

Aww, I'm sorry to hear that. You said it perfectly though. You just need that one good cry, but you have to be happy in the end for yourself and for them. :angel:

I'm so glad you still enjoy my adventures! I hope someday I'll be able to meet you and your grandsons down in the World. :teeth:

Hello The Most Magical Year Yet: 2014!

:rainbow: HAPPY NEW YEAR DISBOARDS! :rainbow:

Good riddance 2013! Hello 2014! A magical year in the making! I can just feel it. Either that or I'm being desperately hopeful. Either way, I'm ready for what will turn out to be a pretty special year. I'm graduating, going back to Disney, going to college, starting my independent life... BIG Stuff. I have A LOT to look forward to and I can't honestly wait.

Of course, Senior Year so far has NOT been what I thought it would be. I guess that's my fault since I decided to take four AP classes and hate every single one as well as refuse a necessary free period. You've heard it all before so I won't ramble on so much about that. I'll make it through. Hopefully. Eventually.

I hope everyone had a great holiday since I'm guessing it is over for most of y'all! Mine have been quite lovely even though I've been off-and-on with every sickness/symptom possible and I'm not even exaggerating. I still have managed to enjoy myself with lots of laughter, love and fun. All the things the holidays are about!

The parties with my family were great even though I did get VERY sick during one and had to take it easy on the fun aspect, but it's just a privilege to see the extended family. We are quite the bunch when we're together.

In between all the fun and sickness, I did manage to get on with the planning for the trip and...

I BOOKED ALL MY DINING RESERVATIONS!

party:

Yup. *dusts off hands* It has been done. Of course, in true DISer fashion, these will probably change as I head deeper into 2014, but the set so far is pretty great. And I took a lot from the reviews you gave me when booking a lot of these so I'm sure you'll all be happy too.

I also realized that because I'm only doing five days at the parks (with one day at Universal), the amount of reservations I could book was a day less than I anticipated. As a result, there is no dining reservation for the last day of the trip. I have a feeling that won't change. The only thing that might change is cutting one of my mid-week reservations since one of those days I'll be heading to Universal and doubling up on reservations another day. But I think with one of the reservations I have booked on what I'm positive will be our universal day works out splendidly.

Anyways, without further ado, here are my ADRs as is:

DAY 1 (6/23/14): DINNER AT BE OUR GUEST

MK_FL_Be_Our_Guest_ballroom-goldhaber.jpg

(Credit to Mouse Planet)

This was a given and I'm so happy to have this for the first night. If this doesn't make it the trip of a lifetime I don't know what will!

DAY 2 (6/24/14): LUNCH AT 50s PRIME TIME CAFE

WPuck-AK-DHS-Cupcakes-533.jpg

Ever since I completely threw the idea of eating here out the window and going to SciFi instead on my first trip, which was a terrible decision really, I've been dying to go here. I'm also big into the unique, comedic experiences Disney has to offer so it was a surefire decision and I booked it. Crossing my fingers for a great waiter or waitress now! :thumbsup2

DAY 3 (6/25/14): DINNER AT 'OHANA

OHANA.jpg

(Credit to Mouse Hints)

After all the great reviews I got, I had to go with this. I love food and though I may not always eat a lot, I eat A LOT in Disney. Disney introduced me to the family style dining experience with Garden Grill (a family favorite), now it's time to try another with the famed 'Ohana! I'm also planning a big shopping-photography-eating escapade here so maybe this will be part of it. (Note: This will probably be the Universal day.)

DAY 4 (6/26/14): LUNCH AT VIA NAPOLI

Via-Napoli-ovens.jpg

My time spent in the World Showcase has been very minimal. My dad and I had a wonderful jaunt around the place on my first trip, but I really want to experience it fully this time around. I'm also part Italian so that was a big draw here. Not to mention, a big favorite across most of my TRs and an added recommendation from some of my lovely readers so... I don't think I'm going wrong at all with choosing this one.

DAY 5 (6/27/14): BREAKFAST AT 1900 PARK FARE

1900-park-fare-sign.jpg

My first breakfast at a table service in Disney EVER! I know. We tried to go to Crystal Palace for breakfast on my first trip, but that was not to be. The dinner at CP was great, but I'm still craving some classic Disney breakfast, not to mention a character breakfast, so voila: 1900 Park Fare, check! This one might change since I'm still playing with the idea of a breakfast in the parks (specifically at Akershus), but we'll see. (I might also add that I've never been inside the Grand Floridian either...)

And none for Gretchen Weiners... uh, the last day!

TA DAH! There you have it. A fine dining escapade for a graduation trip! As I said all could possibly change, but I'm happy with it as is. Maybe I could make DISer history by not changing ANY of my original reservations. Maybe.

As I've said MANY times before, we'll just have to wait and see. I'm going back to school in only a few days so the updates are going to start being more infrequent again. Hopefully I'll have one up about basic day and park plans for each day before the end of January. Thanks to Disney Food Blog for supplying such wonderful photos of these delicious establishments!

For now, let's raise our glasses one last time to a Disney-filled, happy and amazing new year: 2014! :wizard:

:smickey: Happy Thoughts and Pixie Dust to all! :smickey:

More Planning

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter