It's All Fun and Games Until Someone Needs An Eyepatch - A Dec TR Complete 8/31

I'm sorry EE made you feel unwell - not a great feeling in the park!

And I love the MDE app too! But I had no idea it had locations of the closest restrooms - I'll have to check that out next trip!

Fun meet with Louie and Baloo!

Welcome!

I was at a resort in mexic for a family wedding and messenger and free wifi came in handy for keeping in touch with everyone. The best thing with messenger is anyone can use it no mater what device they have as long as you have a facebook account you can use it

I agree, very useful app!

I'm sorry EE made you feel unwell - not a great feeling in the park!

Not at all. I hate feeling queasy.

Once on the ride we were able to get a view of all the construction for the new night show and Avatar. We could see that the very top of one of the floating mountains was up but everything else was still looking very rough and nowhere near completion.

I noticed this from the park entrance as we were walking up from the bus stops to the entrance. I thought it was very cool to see! :goodvibes

The ride was a lot of fun but it made me sick to my stomach. :sad2: That has never happened on that ride before. I am worried that I am getting old and that I can't tolerate the thrill rides anymore. It reminded me of the Disneyland episode of Modern Family although unlike Phil I did not have the flu.
I love that episode! :rotfl: Also, I am losing my stomach for Space Mountain as I age. It sucks! :sad:

I love that all ride photos are now included with photopass/Memory Maker. No more "redneck" ride photos for us!
Yasss! This is actually one of my most favorite features of Memory Maker and why I nearly always get it!

AK_TREEBACK_7541504372.jpeg
Aww, Pascal! I love the Pascal magic shot! And I've yet to be able to get it! :cutie:

For example, if you need a potty break and are not sure where the closest bathroom is the app will tell which ones are closest and is very precise.
Oh man, this would have been VERY handy to know on my last trip! :eek:

Awww, Baloo and King Louie are too cute in their Christmas sweaters! :santa:

I noticed this from the park entrance as we were walking up from the bus stops to the entrance. I thought it was very cool to see! :goodvibes

I've been skeptical about the longevity/popularity of Avatar. However, I do think the land will look cool when it is eventually done. I'm hoping it will be done in about 5 years or so which is when we are likely to visit again.

I love that episode! :rotfl: Also, I am losing my stomach for Space Mountain as I age. It sucks! :sad:

Not you too!

Dang it! I was sure I"d commented! GAH! Anywhoooo, I enjoyed the silly photos of the boys (again), and was sad to hear you came off EE not well. Feeling punky makes for a rotten few hours. I hope it cleared up quickly and you could enjoy the rest of your day without nausea!

Dang it! I was sure I"d commented! GAH! Anywhoooo, I enjoyed the silly photos of the boys (again), and was sad to hear you came off EE not well. Feeling punky makes for a rotten few hours. I hope it cleared up quickly and you could enjoy the rest of your day without nausea!

Thankfully the nausea didn't last the whole day but it did stick around for a few hours. :sad2:

After our photo op with Baloo and King Louie we decided to grab some lunch. Erich had requested during the planning stage that we get lunch at the Yak and Yeti quick service. I still wasn't feeling that great due to my ride nausea plus I wasn't really feeling the food offerings so I opted to just get a children's meal. The other's stood in line ordering while i went off to use the washroom and to get a table.

I ended up choosing a table in the back near the washrooms next to the fountain and lovely flowering tree. A very serene place to eat lunch.

I took advantage of this down time while waiting to use the wifi and share some of our photos from the morning on Facebook. Had to let our friends know about the fun we were having!

The wait wasn't long and the others soon joined me with the food. I was actually pretty happy with my choice of the kids meal. I got a small cheeseburger, a bottle of water, carrots and grapes. It was the perfect amount of food to fill me up and it included some healthy sides. In the future I might order kids meals more often.

The food actually helped me feel a bit better so perhaps my nausea was not solely down to the ride but was also hunger induced.

The rest of the family got the Asian food offerings and enjoyed their meals. I was a bad Diser and did not take pictures of our meals.

We finished our meals just in time to make our way over to the next showing of Festival of the Lion King.

Of course, we had to stop for a photopass shot.

I'm sure the photographer thought Erich was crazy.

We arrived with just a few minutes to spare, perfect timing.

I love love love Festival of the Lion King. It is one of my favourite things at WDW. I think my favourite part of the show is the part set to "Can You Feel the Love Tonight". i just love the "ribbon dancing". It is so pretty. The whole show is wonderful though and if you have not seen it make sure that you do on your next visit!

After the show we had a few minutes to kill before our fast pass for the safari so we browsed the nearby gift shops. We found a little hippo figurine that we thought Mom would like for Christmas so I got her out of the gift shop while the boys bought it. I told her that I needed her to go with me to get a Jalapeño Cheese Stuffed Pretzel. They were being sold at a cart nearby and i wasn't sure if they were able to take Magic Bands or if I would need cash. I told Mom I would need her if I had to pay cash since I wasn't carrying any cash that day.

The cart did take Magic Bands and I got to enjoy my super yummy pretzel and the boys got the gift purchased with mom none the wiser.

By that time we could use our fast pass and off we went for our second safari of the day.

We had a great ride. The driver was really funny and there was lots of animal activity. We were sitting right behind the driver and she kept laughing at Alek and Erich's "commentary" during the ride.

There was a hippo walking around, rather unusual.

There was a bit of a traffic jam on the savanna. The giraffes were hanging out very near the road and sometimes in the road.

This cheeky guy decided to walk right in front of our truck and stand there in the road casually eating. "I do what I want".

Just look at that expression!

The lions were also very visible as well and we got to see one of the females walking around.

Overall I would say that we were pretty lucky with the animal activity on both of our safaris.

Caught up again. Animal Kingdom is one of my favorite parks. I love just exploring and finding new trails. I cannot do Everest anymore. I got a terrible bang to the head and suffered with a migraine the rest of the day the last time I rode it. I shouldn't do roller coasters anyway as I have a bad back and my leg has been known to go numb for a bit. My husband loves the rides so I went on for him.

I love the pics with your brothers. They really seem like they are a lot of fun to travel with. If you still have issues with photobucket try Flikr. I go back and forth between the 2 sites.

I love just exploring and finding new trails.

We love the trails as well. We were sad that the trail around the Tree of Life was closed due to the work being done in the park.

I cannot do Everest anymore. I got a terrible bang to the head and suffered with a migraine the rest of the day the last time I rode it. I shouldn't do roller coasters anyway as I have a bad back and my leg has been known to go numb for a bit.

That sucks that you can't ride anymore but probably best for your health.

You sneeky lot getting your Mom the pressie, did she love it?

Will have to let her answer that! Haha. She was surprised, couldn't figure out how we bought it without her knowing.

I'm late but I've caught up and your trips sounds like it's going great so far. Can't wait to read more

Welcome! Thanks for reading and don't be a stranger! :goodvibes

I sure hope that giraffe is there for me too!

Crossing my fingers for you that you have good animal luck on your safari!

Lunch sounds like it was just perfect for everyone! I agree the the kids meals are the right size - I've ordered them a few times before!

I love Festival of the Lion King, too! And I keep hearing good things about that pretzel!

Great pictures from your second safari! That was one confident giraffe! And love the lion pictures!

We next made our way over to the Maharajah jungle trek but on the way we had to stop for photopass!

I absolutely love the theme of this trail, so beautiful and i love all the details. The only thing this trail needs to make it perfect is the removal of the bats! :laughing: I absolutely positively hate bats. They freak me out and turn me into a screaming blubbering mess. Luckily there is an option to bypass the bats so this is the closest I got to seeing one.

However, Alek and Erich decided to go in and check them out. Craziness.

I took a bunch of pictures of the trail. The tigers weren't too active so not many photos of them.

Mom wanted a picture taken among the "ruins". Mom was really into the solo pictures on this trip. We teased her that she wanted them to post on her dating profile. :rolleyes1

Alek on the other hand got annoyed when I tried to get a picture of him.

We saw these guys hanging out when we exited the trail. They weren't very active though. On past trips they have always been playing around and being noisy.

Our next stop was another character spot. We were off to the Adventurer's Outpost to see Mickey and Minnie in their holiday outfits. The posted wait time said 30 minutes but it was 10 minutes at the most.

We had such a fun time here. The character handler, line attendant and Mickey and Minnie were on fire. We couldn't stop laughing. The group in front of us must have asked Mickey when he was going to put a ring on it because he started motioning that he had no money to buy a ring so the line attendant jumped in and pulled off a ring from her hand and said Mickey could have hers. Mickey then got down on one knee and popped the question. It was all so funny. After receiving congratulations on their engagement Mickey and Minnie figured they could take a break in their celebration to take some photos with us.

I look horrible in this picture but I'm including it because you can see how much fun Alek and Erich were having in the background and that is while we were still in line.

Erich told Mickey all about how he used to work for him and Mickey wanted to know why he quit so Erich had to tell him he had to finish school. Mickey got mad that Erich didn't work for him anymore and went and opened the exit door and acted like he was going to storm out until we all begged him to come back and Erich apologized!

After taking our photo we started to leave but Mickey motioned for Erich to come back for a solo photo being an ex cast member and all.

Thumbs down because Erich doesn't work there anymore? Or because he was starting to smell after a hot day in the park? ;)

One of the best character interactions we have had. Not just on this trip but out of all of our trips.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter