It's **ABSOLUTELY** OFFICIAL! Magic sails Europe - Summer 2007!

disneymagic316 said:
Thanks for all the posts. I think they (Disney) are waiting for the full season's bookings before they make any 0fficial annoucement regarding next year's itinerary. This would ensure the most revenue from a business perspective. Just my thoughts.

They already have the announcement date picked. Just like they did with the Panama Canal cruises and repo'ing the ship to California for the summer. It was announced at the same time the Tower of Terror at California Adventure Opened in May, 2004 for the May 2005 cruise repo date.

My two cents worth

meb51 said:
Did everyone see the post about the information posted on the Mousesavers.com website? Has anyone else heard this?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1038411

thanks for the link.....that really doesn't make sense...on the same mousesavers notice it mentions the strong rumors regarding the med cruises along with the dates...
so which is it? 7 day cruises? or 10/11 day med cruises?

I think this may be disinformation that is being put out by DCL to stop the rumors before they make the big announcement. Or not.

I guess we'll all just have to wait patiently. Time will tell.

Mousesavers just changed their website this morning...

Beginning 3/28/06, Disney Cruise Line will begin processing May-December 2007 Disney Magic cruise requests in the order they were received. Guests (or their travel agents) will be contacted as each request is processed to let them know they have cleared the waitlist, at which time their cruise will be reserved and a confirmation issued. This will continue through 4/3/06.

On 4/4/06, reservations for May-December 2007 Disney Magic cruises will open to those who are not already on the waiting list.

No official announcement has been made about special itineraries, but there are strong rumors that DCL will be doing 10-night and 11-night Mediterranean itineraries in the summer. Rumored dates:
  • 5/12/07-5/26/07- Repositioning cruise from Port Canaveral to Europe
  • 5/26/07-8/18/07 - Alternating 10-night and 11-night cruises
  • 8/18/07-9/1/07 - Repositioning cruise from Europe to Port Canaveral

Well folks, today is bridge day, and I got another phone call from my mother. I mentioned that it was shocking for the first one, but this one floored me. Who could be terminally ill I thought? No, it was my mother holding an email from DISNEY that included my little blurb about the Med. cruise rumor. :eek: Her friend "Joan" walked in with it. It had come from her son. Yes folks, no matter what we think, Disney is watching. :3dglasses I can't wait to see the actual email. Oh well, I guess what I thought was the smallest, tiniest, itty-bittiest glimpse behind the curtain is now slammed shut. pixiedust:

Nemo Mom said:
Well folks, today is bridge day, and I got another phone call from my mother. I mentioned that it was shocking for the first one, but this one floored me. Who could be terminally ill I thought? No, it was my mother holding an email from DISNEY that included my little blurb about the Med. cruise rumor. :eek: Her friend "Joan" walked in with it. It had come from her son. Yes folks, no matter what we think, Disney is watching. :3dglasses I can't wait to see the actual email. Oh well, I guess what I thought was the smallest, tiniest, itty-bittiest glimpse behind the curtain is now slammed shut. pixiedust:

That is Too Funny!

Another Door Slams in our Faces!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Well not too much longer to wait! pixiedust:

janet

The last I heard was 3/28 for people "on the list" and 4/4 for the losers who didn't get on the list fast enough (JUST KIDDING!!!) :teeth:

(Yes, I am one of the "losers"!)

Any guesses as to how quickly we will need to book our trip after they dates are announced before it all becomes sold out?

Who knows ....

I also heard - DCL - is not happy about the mousesavers article ... not sure if they can do anything. :confused3

If people remember - Mousesavers had the CA info about a week before it was formally annouced. :thumbsup2

by the way, there is lots of buzz in the italian maritime news about Disney coming to Civitavecchia....lots of discussion as to whether the home port of the disney ship for summer 2007 will be at Barcelona or Civitavecchia....

Wow by the looks of the interest here, the European cruise could be a DIS only booking :goodvibes
Watching with interest :)

Cyrano said:
Wow by the looks of the interest here, the European cruise could be a DIS only booking :goodvibes
Watching with interest :)

i think you're right....i'm certainly keeping my fingers crossed.....won't it be nice to be able to get on a cruise relatively close to home...

i really hope they're serious about it....

they should be glad that all of us want these special cruises...i do not know who was in charge of advertising but i know my family in the LA area had no idea the Disney Magic was cruising out there last year....i would doubt that most "new Cruisers" (from the US) will choose a european disney cruise to try out cruising....i expect the majority of the cruises will be filled with prior cruisers....

I have mentioned to my travel agent I would be interested in this cruise for late July/August. I would want a basic cabin, do you think I am likely to get on or should I give up hope, as I should have been on the waiting list?

Thank you for your help

I am not on the list, but from reading the posts, it seems like the people who got on the list are those who want the suites, secret porthole rooms and Verandahs. I also think the interior cabins will fill up quickly because they are the cheapest, and on this cruise, cheapest is still expensive!!!

disneyholic family said:
by the way, there is lots of buzz in the italian maritime news about Disney coming to Civitavecchia....lots of discussion as to whether the home port of the disney ship for summer 2007 will be at Barcelona or Civitavecchia....

We really want to take the cruise and are waitlisted, but have been nervous about the ports. That's the main reason for us to book this trip. (If not, I'd just go on another regular DCL cruise). If it sailed out of Civitavecchia, it'd be hard to pass up. We would love to spend a few nights in Rome before the cruise!
:thumbsup2 :woohoo: :thumbsup2

We are not on a list either but would want to book a verandah. Is anyone on a list for a Cat.6? I thought the lists were only for Cat 1-3.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter