It's a Wonder I'm finally here

Amabelle

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone.
I'm finally aboard the Wonder. My new home for the next few months. So much to do and take in. For those of you who don't know of have forgotten me(!) I'm a CM children's programmer on the Wonder. I promised I would try to update when I found out where and what ship I was going on. Well here I am.

I just got here on Sunday and there is so much to take in and learn. But it's fantastic. Most of this week is training here there and everywhere but I will be working in the lab with the 10-12 year olds.

I look forward to meeting those of you who will be coming aboard!
peace!
Amy~

Congratulations on being a children's programmer. My DD12 will probably get to meet you in April. We will be onboard 22-24. She is outgoing but is slightly hesitant about doing things on her own while on the ship. She has a sister that will be with us but she is 17 so I don't know how much time she will spend with her. She you in April!!!:wave2: :wave2: :wave2: :wave2:

congratulations! We will be there on 2/26 sailing. See you then. I hope you have a blast!! Wonder is in our back yard I am sure the fun bus will be taking you on many trips to my favorite saturday mornign hangout...WALMART! HA!

yay, ruttie.
I am sure I will spending many a Sunday and Thursday at walmart. I very much love walmart. It will probably make me feel a bit closer to home.
see you all soon!

We will be on the 2/29 cruise. My kids are 8,9, and 11. Can't wait to meet you in person. Congratulations on starting your adventure aboard the Wonder.

Congratulations!!!

We will be on the March 14, 2004 cruise..unfortunately our son will not be in your group :(..he is only 6. Maybe we will still run into you:)

You must be SOOO excited..sounds like a dream job:):)

Enjoy your time aboard the Ship ..and if you share some of your expereinces so that we may 'live' through them with you..that would be "Wonder"ful.

Vivian

Amy,
Can't wait to meet you in person. My DS is 10 and hopefully will be spending some fun time with you, so I can get some adult time! See you March 14!
Debbie

Amy,

Please keep us informed on what it is like to work onboard one of our favorite ships. I am extremely interested in working on the Wonder after college, and would love to hear from someone firsthand about what their experience was like.

We'll all be eagerly awaiting updates!

Nicole

Hi Amy,:wave:
Hope you are enjoying your job on the Wonder! My son Hunter (age 11) will be hanging out with you real soon! We're sailing 1/29. We leave the 6" of ice and snow we got this weekend behind tomorrow to head on down!! We can't wait! Looking forward to meeting you!:teeth:

:wave2: Amy,

I was WONDERing how things were going, now I know. CONGRATS!!!
::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

O.K. Amy, remember that "great debate" about the perks of being a CM on one of the two best cruises ships on the water.......what are the perks......other than great people, canstant fun, and oh ya, warm weather?? (Forcasting -25 windchils here tonight) Do you get that "internet" perk.
Is there maybe something you or another CM needs that maybe one of us who are cruising soon can "stow away" on board for you. Walmart only has so much.

:sunny: Congrats! It sounds like this is your dream job. We will be on the August 1st Wounder. I don't have little ones, but maybe we will see you on board.:boat:

Glad that you are finally onboard! Looking forward to reading your reports.

Hi Amy.

Congrats on your new adventure! Our family and my girls will be on the Wonder on Sunday Feb. 1. My two oldest are Amanda (10) and Lindsay (11) and hopefully, we will get to meet you. The two younger girls will be in the 5-6 and the 7-9 clubs.

(Just a note: I love Walmart , too. )

See you soon

Wendy :wave:

Congrats Amy and my DS 12 will be with you on the 3/21 cruise! He loves the clubs and spends lots of time meeting new friends and getting to know the CM's. He'll be thrilled that we know one ahead of time. We cruised last spring break too and CM Jim and Jane just had so much fun with him. Congrats again and enjoy. We will see you 3/21!

Thanks for all the messages everyone. It's so busy and such a different life here.
And yes, as to the past CM debate, it's great if you know how to have a good time. So many opportunities here.
hmmm as for things to "stow away". So many things I could name hehe. But I'd never take advantage of the friends on the boards. And we do get to the mall and can shop in Nassau so CM's are taken care of. It's more of the personal contact with people I'm close with that I miss but that's to be expected and can't be helped.
They great posts from you all are very encouraging. I've already met some of you but I hope you can forgive me if the hellos seemed rushed. Traning cruises were crazy trying to get all the training in and learn things and meet people and just find my way around! whoosh. But now that's over and it's full force I go!
Take everyone. I look forward to hearing from you and possibly meeting more of you.
A~

You sound like such a mature young lady :)

A parent should be comforted that you will be with their children :)

Have the time of your life!!!!!

Hi Amy
I just got off the Wonder yesterday, Feb 1. I didn't have any small children with me, but I did take a look in the kids clubs at one point.
I looked for you but I did not see you. Now I think I know why, you were probably elsewhere on the ship, doing some training.
I was sorry that I missed you because I wanted to say Hi.
Maybe next time.
Good luck in your new career on the Disney Wonder.
Robin

You've been aboard the Wonder for a week now, and I have to know what it's like to work for the greatest cruise line. How are the crew cabins and quarters on those mysterious A and B decks? How is the food? And do you hang out with all the crew members, like the servers and entertainment staff, or just the ones you work with in the kids clubs?

I think this is all so interesting and so happy you're having such a great time!

Nicole

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter