It's a Test. You have to expect issues.

And you can have absolutely loved MBs yet been annoyed by some of the stupid IT issues simultaneously.

I don't like being a guinea pig really, but someone has to. If Disney wants to call it a test or a rollout or whatever they have to be prepared to hear my big mouth if something isn't going the way they promised. I have high hopes for Magic Bands and FP+, but if it's a disaster I'll be sure and let them know what went wrong. Others should do the same.

This comment will no doubt have everyone reading being of a mind that I'm stupid, too old to understand computers, fighting tooth and nail to keep from being drug screaming and crying into the new century.
New century being the new way of tickets and fast passes at Disney.
Wrong. After so many years of being a loyal and loving Disney fan and guest, This whole "mess" (and yes I think it's very much a mess) has me concerned that when we finally can get back down to FL and spend some time at Disney that I won't be able to do the simple things that spell enjoyment for me.
And if that isn't a run-on sentence, I didn't learn grammar in school!!!
People spend big money to go to Disney. We aren't obsessive about planning and making reservations. We don't have access to MDE and honestly don't want it. We were annual passholders and FL residents and enjoyed the parks so much. Now if we buy tickets and prefer not to have magic bands, and only want a fastpass or two, WHEN WE WANT THEM, I doubt we can do that any more.
I wish the magic bands and fast pass plus were options. I can adjust to changes and have all my life. Don't like them being forced on me. I think they jumped in too fast before they got the worst of the glitches cleared away.
Not every idea is right for every person or even every family. Now I'll get off my soapbox and try not to read these posts that just bother me more than inform me.
:sad:

My point being people are threatening to cancel trips because of it.
You know, it's better if they do cancel, I think. There's no shame in it. I personally am looking forward to the FP+ and MB. I got to try FP+ last May in the early days when they asked you at the airport if you wanted to participate. It worked well then.

My point being people are threatening to cancel trips because of it.

If someone wants to cancel their trip, I get that. But… why would you let some negative comments on a message board make you cancel your trip?

As mentioned, the DIS represents a small percentage of Disney goers. And, people are much more likely to complain about an event than post something positive.

I bet for every negative experience, there's a positive one and probably more than one.

I don't know, it just seems a little hasty to me. But to each his own.

You know, it's better if they do cancel, I think. There's no shame in it. I personally am looking forward to the FP+ and MB. I got to try FP+ last May in the early days when they asked you at the airport if you wanted to participate. It worked well then.

With all the reports of heavy crowds I'm hoping they cancel too, for purely selfish reasons. :rotfl2:

I feel like the boards are being overrun with MB and FP+ complaints. I get that everyone has an opinion, but let's try to remember that this is all still TESTING. All the screw ups and issues are, unfortunately, a part of the testing process. That's how they find the problems and get them corrected before its official. I don't expect things to go perfectly. I hope they do, but I doubt they will. It takes time for the wrinkles to get fixed. They will though. The bugs will get worked out. FPs will get tweaked to avoid problems. It'll be okay. Unfortunately, there's no good time to do this that won't affect somebody's enjoyment. Right now, for this test, it happens to be ours.

I'm Going to have fun anyway. :)

AMEN! I'm so glad to see there's someone else here who's thinking the same things I am!

If someone wants to cancel their trip, I get that. But… why would you let some negative comments on a message board make you cancel your trip?

As mentioned, the DIS represents a small percentage of Disney goers. And, people are much more likely to complain about an event than post something positive.

I bet for every negative experience, there's a positive one and probably more than one.

I don't know, it just seems a little hasty to me. But to each his own.

I think this is true of the internet in general. People who have a bad experience look for a place to vent, people who have a good experience aren't nearly as vocal.

Judging by all the bad reviews on tripadvisor and yelp you'd think there wasn't a decent hotel left in the country. Unfortunately I think it's human nature.

We had MB/FP+ on our trip a couple of weeks ago. It was a bit confusing setting it up, but we had no problems at all with the functions once we arrived.

I'm sorry for those who are swept up by the hysteria over the MBs. If you are participating chances are it will go pretty well, if not there are CMs to help.

If you aren't participating, well...most people aren't. You'll be fine too. :earsboy:

Testing is over as of tomorrow. Tomorrow it is rolled out live to every resort guest. At least that is what I heard anyway. ;-)

Testing is not over, they are just opening the testing to all the resorts so there won't be resorts that are not testing anymore. CM told me last night that they were notified that testing would be at least thru Jan 5th. And, that guest could still use Kttw cards they will receive at check in to pull paper FP's to get extra fp's to help when park hopping or staying in same park.

People have rights and choices. They can decide to go or not go, pretty simple if you ask me. Although, I thought I remembered hearing that you don't have to participate if you don't want to. It's not Disney's fault if someone makes that decision and it doesn't work out for them.:confused3

If someone makes the choice to stay offsite at this time and can't participate, that's not Disney's fault either. They are a business and have the right to make decisions that work for their company. It's no secret that they would prefer that people stay onsite.

It's a test...you have to expect issues?

It's MY VACATION. One I am shelling out a LOT of money for. I expect it to be a vacation. No hassles.

I have to thank all of the brave folks who have volunteered to be Disney's unpaid guinea pigs in all this, cause I would never have agreed to their "invitation" to test. I can only hope that there is some semblance of order come next September when I go.

The only thing that really concerns me about this test is the double-dipping by people with MBs (of which I will be one if you still can in December). Doesn't this defeat the purpose of the test if people with MBs can go beyond the parameters of the test and pull paper Fastpasses anyway? How can Disney gauge if the '3 per day at one park' thing works?

The only thing that really concerns me about this test is the double-dipping by people with MBs (of which I will be one if you still can in December). Doesn't this defeat the purpose of the test if people with MBs can go beyond the parameters of the test and pull paper Fastpasses anyway? How can Disney gauge if the '3 per day at one park' thing works?
They may pull the FP- system soon anyway, so the double dipping might not be an issue.

People have rights and choices. They can decide to go or not go, pretty simple if you ask me. Although, I thought I remembered hearing that you don't have to participate if you don't want to. It's not Disney's fault if someone makes that decision and it doesn't work out for them.:confused3

I didn't say it was Disney's fault. I just think it's a bit much to call people hysterical, over-sensitive, etc because some are choosing not to go while the bugs are getting worked out. :confused3

If someone makes the choice to stay offsite at this time and can't participate, that's not Disney's fault either. They are a business and have the right to make decisions that work for their company. It's no secret that they would prefer that people stay onsite.

Again, no one said Disney doesn't have that right. Of course they will do what they need to do. Disney also has to accept that when their decisions affect a number of people's vacations in a negative way, that people will reconsider where they vacation. It goes both ways.

Personally, I wouldn't reschedule a vacation because of FP+. I would have enjoyed being a tester, probably. I tend to like doing their surveys and such :P But we stay at SoG, which Disney can't decide if they're going to treat as an on-site property or not (as we're eligible for EMH, but not the dining plan/parking). It'd be nice if they'd make up their mind there.:confused3

Doesn't this defeat the purpose of the test if people with MBs can go beyond the parameters of the test and pull paper Fastpasses anyway? How can Disney gauge if the '3 per day at one park' thing works?

That's what many people with concerns have been asking since testing started last winter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter