It's a Stroller Sir, not a Battering Ram!!! NEW PTR LINK POSTED

I love reading your trip reports!! We were there at the same time. But we stayed at the Coronado Springs. I never stayed at POP but always wanted to. Maybe in February when we go back. Can't wait until your next update.

great start looking forward to reading more :)

Hi! I'm joining for this TR :surfweb: I loved your last one so of course I had to join along for this one.

You and your daughter remind me and my mom which is probs why I like it so much. But whatever the reason I'm back. :thumbsup2

That's great! I hope you enjoy this one just as much:goodvibes

Well whatever it is, we're glad you're here! There is nothing like a great mother/daughter relationship is there, glad you have it too:thumbsup2

I'm in! Great start so far! :cool1:

Yay! You're here!!

YAYAYAAYAYAY! It's what I've been waiting for!

So, cutest dress ever that Shan (that's weird, knowing her as Jasmine and then having to switch. I kept saying to myself "wait, who's shan!") is wearing for her pedicure. It's like a mix of two dresses I have but better than both. Don't you hate when you find something cute but there's one minor STUPID thing on it that ruins the whole thing? Her perfect version of my dresses reminded me of that pet peeve.
Isn't it adorable! She was a little uncertain of it when she bought it so she tried it on for me and I said "are you kidding me, it's perfect". She has the same pet peeve as you! For her, it's usually that she loves the bottom and hates the top, especially if it's strapless.
And that's so cute with her BF. It's so hard to leave! We were in Iowa for a week but my husband left with 4 days remaining on my trip! I had to move from a queen to a twin at my grandma's because it made me miss him so much more with the empty space in the bed :(
Silly boys and their necessary-ousness....:confused:
I felt so bad for both of them but it was perfect timing for Jeff's exams and papers. I felt worse for him because I knew how much he wanted to go with us.
And I love how your airport advertises the Jets!
I zoomed in on that for another picture but you were the only reader that I knew for sure would appreciate it so I posted this one

I think that's all I have to say :rotfl: I always read through and see what I want to comment on and then forget half the things when I get to my post.

Back to the finals ;) !
Who are you cheering for now? I think it's LA but can't remember!
SOPHIA!!! I have a story later in the TR where we had a full blown conversation about you guys! We were definiately thinking about all of you:hug:

I stumbled across your last trip report and loved reading it! I can't wait to read all about this one too :)

So happy that you enjoyed it and I hope you find this one just as entertaining!:goodvibes

You didn't tell me you started and now I'm on page 3! Ugh!!!! Will catch up in morning

I'm so sorry Kathy, we desperately need a new battery for the computer and because of that it's doing wonky things so just getting the post with links took me forever. Glad you found it tho:hug:

I didn't realize you'd gone back to WDW already!! :yay: Your TR title got me! Can't wait to hear what's behind this one.

Well hello there! Yes, it seems nothing can keep us away:lmao: I had a few in mind, but this one just kept coming to the forefront!:rolleyes1

I love reading your trip reports!! We were there at the same time. But we stayed at the Coronado Springs. I never stayed at POP but always wanted to. Maybe in February when we go back. Can't wait until your next update.
Thank you! I have always thought about staying at CS, it looks so lovely! Did you like it? How nice that you know you're going back in February! That always makes coming home a little easier!

great start looking forward to reading more :)

Great to have you along!:goodvibes

Yay! I've been waiting for this TR! popcorn:: Welcome home!
Awww thank you so much! And thank you for the welcome home! Having a TR to write sure does help with the post Disney blues that's for sure!

OK you've had a day, where is part 2? :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I'm a slacker, I know:rolleyes1 Going to work on it right now! I just realized I may have to do two today because I don't have many pics from the remainder of our arrival day:confused3

Good morning everyone! I thought I should get arrival day up and completed and maybe get part of our first full day in Disney up today too! We'll see how the day goes!

Shanleigh has to work at noon so I figure that I'll drop her off, stop and get groceries, gas.... you know all the things I didn't do yesterday because it was housework and laundry! I can never quite figure out why I look so forward to the weekends when it seems it's nothing but chores! Ok enough of that....on with the TR!

We were so excited to be on the ME bus that we were just taking everything in....everyone was so excited and you knew that it was a first visit for all the people around us. Sure did put a smile on our faces.

We were to make one stop before hitting Pop and that was at Caribbean Beach so off we went. What a beautiful resort that is but I couldn't really appreciate it because at this point I just wanted to be checked in at our resort! It took no time at all and we were on our way.....thank goodness Pop is literally around the corner so we were "home" in no time.

We got off the bus and headed to check in....did I think to do online check in, of course not! Where my brain was, I'm not sure, but it wasn't on things it should have been.:confused3 The most wonderful young man helped us and before we knew it we were on our way! Remember the brain thing, yup, no pics of check in, the lobby, the store ... nothing nadda.....:confused:
034.jpg

We were in the eighties building with Roger Rabbit and our room number was 7325. Because we had absolutely no clue where we were going (the last time we were in the fifities which is the exact opposite end of the resort) we ended up going the wrong way:lmao: I then realized it was because he had circled the wrong building so off we went in hunt of our building. A picture of our staircase! We would soon figure out another way to our room that was much quicker from the buses!
035.jpg

Our building.....I loved how close it was to the pool! If we entered behing good 'ol Roger, and walked up the three flights of stairs, turned right, then first left, our room was right there. We were in heaven with location. So far Pop was looking pretty good!
036.jpg

The computer pool that we spent every afternoon at the first 9 days of our trip! We always had good intentions of trying out the Hippy Dippy Pool, but never did! This one was always so quite in the afternoons that we thought why not just enjoy it!
037.jpg

Shanleigh took this for Jeff....Jeff is a gamer! World of War Craft and all those high tech games that frankly just scare me and she thought he would enjoy seeing Pacman on our building:rolleyes1 Ok dear...if you think that go right ahead and grab that pic for him!
038.jpg

Walkman.....what's that mom:scared1: Seriously, really??? You don't know what a walkman is! Her reply, well didn't I have one or something like it when I was little that used to be yours.....yes dear you did;) Being in the eighties section sure did bring back the good times of my teen/early twenties..it was fabulous!
039.jpg

As you can clearly see, I forgot to take a picture of our room before we both had a rest but you get the jist I'm sure! No towel Mickey on the bed....do they not do this anymore:confused3

Now, I'm sure some of you have noticed that all those pictures look like they are taken at dusk right? Right!! That's because after check in and in the haste of trying to find our room I forgot. I also forgot to take the camera out when we went to DTD for dinner at Raglan Road and our very first Dis-meet of the trip with Hypermommy!!! I was sick about this and still am! It was the only time we saw her and I don't have one stinking picture!

Shanleigh and her were texting about meeting as she had been volunteering at WWOS that day and was just going to meet us for dinner when she was thru. Turned out she was finished earlier than expected so we headed out!

I always love that first bus ride and DTD is a favourite of ours so we were both very excited, even moreso because we were going to see Hypermommy! We have been friends on here since 2008 and have met on a few occassions, the last being in August when we were there.

We got to RR and she came up behind us and we all hugged and chatted and checked in! She looks AMAZING...again, so sick that I have no pics! You see, she has lost 130 pounds in two years and is training to run a full marathon.....:worship::worship:The woman is amazing! We sat down and ordered dinner, I had bangers and mash, Shan had the appetizer of the ribs and HM had the kids portion of shepherd`s pie and a guinness! After not sleeping at all the night before I didn`t think alcohol was a good idea so I had a san pellegrino instead!:rotfl2: We had such a great time with her but before we knew it she needed to head home and we needed to get some much needed rest for our first big day! It was a great arrival day and I wouldn`t have changed a thing about it!!!

Up next......EPCOT:goodvibes

How fun that your room was in the 80's! I think that's the only section we've never stayed in.

I'm sorry you forgot the camera but glad you girls had a great evening with a friend :)

Your thread title drew me in. That's so true about the strollers!

You all know her as Jasmine here on the boards but her real name is Shanleigh...so feel free to use either! I am Queen of all Things here but my first name is Jacquie.

Pretty names.

Shanleigh and I to have our manicures and pedicures nice and fresh for the trip. This is a tradition for us whenever we go to Disney and something we both look forward to!!

Me too!

Starbucks for Shan and Timmies for me!

What a nice mom making two stops!

(I am one of those people who is ALWAYS early and can't stand being late)

Me too!

Your airport looks amazing.

Turns out the crew is missing, yup, that's what the agent said, the crew is missing! WHAT???

:scared1:

We decided breakfast at Chili`s

Didn't know they had breakfast.

We got off the bus and headed to check in....did I think to do online check in, of course not!

I didn't notice a big difference when we did online check in.

Walkman.....what's that mom:scared1: Seriously, really???

A technological marvel back in the day.

Great trip report Jacquie!

I can understand where you're coming from with getting lost at Pop. The same thing happened to me when I stayed there. :rotfl: For some reason, if you're not used to the layout, all the building start to blend together and you don't know if you're supposed to turn right or left or go straight. Of course, the CM circling the wrong building probably didn't help much. :laughing:

Happy to see that the arrival day went smoothly and you were able to enjoy your traditional first meal at Raglan Road. Question, though, being so close to the computer pool, did it ever get loud? I know you said it was quiet in the afternoons, but I was wondering if you could hear the pool activity from your room, being right next to it and all. I'm always hesitant about staying in a room that's close to all the hustle and bustle of the resort, afraid I won't get any rest due to the noise.

Hi! I'm joining your TR..i've been catching up on all of your TR! I love reading them..you and your daughter look like you have the best time on your trips! Can't wait to read all about this trip!!!

I was so excited to see an update already!

I've never stayed at Pop, but it really looks like a lot of fun. I'd love the 80s section. All of those things remind me of my childhood.

No Mickey heads? That's disappointing!

Yay for a Dis meet! Raglan road sounds great, one of these days I'm going to make that ADR.

I think I'll get used to the transition from Jasmine to Shanleigh. Everyone calls me Shan too :thumbsup2

Yay, an update! Joe and I stayed at POP in Feb for 5 nights. We really liked it. Our first time there we didn't care for it and were a bit scared to go back but you know what, I really enjoyed it there. We were in the 50's, which is my fav section.

I can't wait to hear about your conversation about us. :chat:

Also can't wait to hear more about your trip!!

Yayyyyy Pop Century!!! I'm so glad you girls were happy with your room! I loved the computer pool, so nice and quiet all the time.
A great arrival day! I almost always end up at DTD on my arrival day. Glad you had some good Dismeets, even if you did forget to take pictures!

Your room location looks great, we've never stayed in the 80's but it definitely looks like a nice location, especially being so close to the computer pool.

I definitely know what you mean about choosing the other pools over the hippy dippy pool...while it looked really nice it always seemed to be so crowded while the other two were empty more often than not.

Yay for arrival dinner at one of your favorites and a dismeet.

Sounds like your trip was off to a fabulous start:goodvibes

That's better.:lmao::lmao:
I wanted you to have something to read with your coffee......:lmao:
How fun that your room was in the 80's! I think that's the only section we've never stayed in.

I'm sorry you forgot the camera but glad you girls had a great evening with a friend :)
We loved where our room was and if we ever stayed there again, we would definitely request that section:thumbsup2

I still can't believe I never took the camera out once that evening....temporarily lost my mind !

Your thread title drew me in. That's so true about the strollers!

It sure is!

Pretty names.

Thank you so much!

Me too!

:goodvibes

What a nice mom making two stops!

I wasn't feeling so nice when we were sitting in that drive thru for 20 minutes, but once I got my coffee, I was a happy mom!

Me too!

:goodvibes

Your airport looks amazing.

I just loved it when we walked in...I was impressed to say the least!

:scared1:

My sentiments exactly!

Didn't know they had breakfast.

Their breakfast potatoes were unbelievably delicious!

I didn't notice a big difference when we did online check in.

Good to know, thanks!!

A technological marvel back in the day.
I thought I had hit the big time when I got my first walkman......those were the days!
Great trip report Jacquie!
Thank you so much!

Well whatever it is, we're glad you're here! There is nothing like a great mother/daughter relationship is there, glad you have it too:thumbsup2

I totally I agree...I compare me and my mom to Lorelai and Rory from Gilmore Girls LOL. :rotfl2:
People always say that to us that we remind them of Gilmore Girls...can you believe I've never seen an episode?
I can understand where you're coming from with getting lost at Pop. The same thing happened to me when I stayed there. :rotfl: For some reason, if you're not used to the layout, all the building start to blend together and you don't know if you're supposed to turn right or left or go straight. Of course, the CM circling the wrong building probably didn't help much. :laughing:
Thank goodness it's not just me:lmao: I told Shanleigh that if we were at Music I would have known exactly where we were going....she said I could have found our room at music with my eyes closed, but we were at Pop and it didn't quite work that way!:confused3

Happy to see that the arrival day went smoothly and you were able to enjoy your traditional first meal at Raglan Road. Question, though, being so close to the computer pool, did it ever get loud? I know you said it was quiet in the afternoons, but I was wondering if you could hear the pool activity from your room, being right next to it and all. I'm always hesitant about staying in a room that's close to all the hustle and bustle of the resort, afraid I won't get any rest due to the noise.
Our room was around the back so noise was never an issue! We stayed by the Calypso Pool once at Music (facing it) and we were never bothered by the noise! Oh wait, one night with a bunch of cheerleaders outside but that was it!
Hi! I'm joining your TR..i've been catching up on all of your TR! I love reading them..you and your daughter look like you have the best time on your trips! Can't wait to read all about this trip!!!
I'm so glad you were reading the others too! We really do, I can't wait to tell you all about this one, it was very different than any of the others so I hope you'll stick with us!
I was so excited to see an update already!

I've never stayed at Pop, but it really looks like a lot of fun. I'd love the 80s section. All of those things remind me of my childhood.

No Mickey heads? That's disappointing!

Yay for a Dis meet! Raglan road sounds great, one of these days I'm going to make that ADR.

I think I'll get used to the transition from Jasmine to Shanleigh. Everyone calls me Shan too :thumbsup2
Yay!

It sure brought back my late teens early twenties that`s for sure, especially the music they played around the pool.<

Nope, no Mickey heads:sad1:

We love RR it is one of our favorites!

When Shanleigh first say your Dis-name, she asked if I thought your name was Shanleigh too and I said no but she goes by Shan!!

Yay, an update! Joe and I stayed at POP in Feb for 5 nights. We really liked it. Our first time there we didn't care for it and were a bit scared to go back but you know what, I really enjoyed it there. We were in the 50's, which is my fav section.

I can't wait to hear about your conversation about us. :chat:

Also can't wait to hear more about your trip!!

I didnt love it when we stayed there in 2006 either so I understand what you mean! On that trip we were in the Lady building close to the Bowling Pin Pool...I loved the pool there too!

Our conversation was all good! We were missing seeing you guys!

Yayyyyy Pop Century!!! I'm so glad you girls were happy with your room! I loved the computer pool, so nice and quiet all the time.
A great arrival day! I almost always end up at DTD on my arrival day. Glad you had some good Dismeets, even if you did forget to take pictures!
It sure was, I can say it ranked right up their with the piano pool at Music thats for sure!

We never do a park on arrival day because we usually dont check in until close to 3 or 4 and we need our sleep!

Your room location looks great, we've never stayed in the 80's but it definitely looks like a nice location, especially being so close to the computer pool.

I definitely know what you mean about choosing the other pools over the hippy dippy pool...while it looked really nice it always seemed to be so crowded while the other two were empty more often than not.

Yay for arrival dinner at one of your favorites and a dismeet.

Sounds like your trip was off to a fabulous start:goodvibes
I love that location and I loved how close it was to the buses too!

We were headed to the Hippy Dippy one morning but took a detour, wait until to see what we did!

It was a great start and the next day got even better!

great start - looking forward to more.

Welcome and thank you!!!:goodvibes

Another Peg city girl checking in! I've been looking for your trip report!
Love the new airport as well...looks nice and modern but still small enough for Winnipeg.

I check into TSC last weekend to see what the Heys showstopper was going to be (after you gave us a heads up on your PTR). OMG! It was a gorgeous set of luggage. I sooooo wanted to buy it...but the colours were really girly (black luggage with a big beautiful bold colured butterfly). But I soooo don't travel enough to justify buying a set DH won't use as well.
Hoping the next time Heys is on TSC they'll have more gender neutral colours. I'll want to pick up some of those packing cubes as well. They look really neat. Were you able to hold all of your clothes in them?

Can't wait to read more!
Hazel

Its like calling MGM Disney's hollywood studios. Just have a hard time doing it. But beautiful name for your daughter Queen....Jac..sigh whatever. lol
Love the start of the new report. yay:banana:

In as always...

KIM

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter